[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever seen a show that legitimately did resonate with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: FLCL.jpg (950KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
FLCL.jpg
950KB, 1920x1200px
Have you ever seen a show that legitimately did resonate with you and change you as a person in positive way? I know people like to trash FLCL but I feel like even through all the wacky random bullshit there was an actual story about going through puberty and experiencing life as a cynical uncaring kid.
>>
Tatami Galaxy
>>
File: flcl 9.jpg (152KB, 900x1291px) Image search: [Google]
flcl 9.jpg
152KB, 900x1291px
I don't know why you're apologizing for FLCL its self evidently absolutely brilliant and only retards dislike it

Same goes for Diebuster
>>
>>154417050
It has a reputation for being a "western anime".
>>
>>154417128
and when somebody brings that up as a negative you can firmly say "opinion discarded"
>>
>>154417128
>made entirely by japanese people
>thematically about, and set in, japan
>western

that makes a lot of sense
>>
>>154417128
anyone who thinks western=bad is trash. It's as annoying as it is the other way round.

Also even though the show is random, these random elements only add to the atmosphere of the show. It adds a sense of mistery/incapability of understanding the world that similar to what it's like to be a (lost-uncertain) kid.
>>
>>154416671
No Game No Life

>sora: "kawaii is ultimate justice"
>dammit he's right
>watches more moe stuff, acquire loli dakis
>doitforher.jpg
>becomes more motivated than ever
>succeed in life
>>
>>154417389
finally somebody who fucking gets it
>>
Hyougemono changed my perception of the world forever.
I'll also bring up Sora no Woto, although that didn't change me in the slightest. That's because it aligned perfectly, 100% with my existing outlook at life.
>>
File: flcl 6.jpg (70KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
flcl 6.jpg
70KB, 600x600px
>>154417389
nothing is really "random". the only occasion I can think of is the bullet time bit in the first episode

mamimi's speech on the bridge about sandals with pressure points drawn on them and pandas with mean faces seems random on paper, but in context you know it means something, and that it's very important

pic related was drawn by a disney animator (I think)
>>
File: 1486659719153.png (529KB, 960x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1486659719153.png
529KB, 960x1076px
>>154416671
Gurren Lagann made me want to aim for the stars and keep going, all while telling everything around me to fuck itself
>>
>>154417541
>>154417541
yeah random is a bad word sorry, it seams to imply that what happens is meaningless while it isn't. Unconventional would have been a better word. I just used it because the OP used it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.