[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is most shoujo romance garbage? It's like generic battle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 33

File: guilt.jpg (427KB, 1400x2100px) Image search: [Google]
guilt.jpg
427KB, 1400x2100px
Why is most shoujo romance garbage? It's like generic battle shonen, but the tropes are even more insulting
>MC is described as plain/unattractive/ugly yet also are meant to be hot
>Also the MC is usually a useless doormat
>OH NO ALL THESE PERFECT GARY STUS ARE FIGHTING OVER ME BUT I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE TO PICK
>Contrived misunderstandings
>Every single evil guy is also rapey, and also this fact is more or less glossed over

Pic kinda related since it uses some of these tropes but isn't complete garbage
>>
I like all those shojo tropes.

Who else wants to be the girl?
>>
Is this the ridiculous generalization thread?
>>
>>154291067
>Why is most shoujo romance garbage? It's like generic battle shonen
You answered your own question, so I don't know what you want from us. You're reading the most generic mainstream strand of a demographic, of course most of it is generic and shitty.
>>
>>154291128
You're just reading shitty shoujo.
>>
>>154291067
Panders to fatties better
>>
What is make up and is it even new?

Here he is literally the heroine's mentor

>OH NO ALL THESE PERFECT GARY STUS ARE FIGHTING OVER ME BUT I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE TO PICK
That's only reverse harem, what is YOUR problem? That here the girl is free to choose and also hate some of the guys that are after her instead of simply being OK with anyone?

That's called Life, buddy

>Every single evil guy is also rapey, and also this fact is more or less glossed over
It's only one, and he gets badly rekt, you are now simply lying.
>>
>>154291067
>Why is most shoujo romance garbage?
Same reason most shounen is garbage. It's aimed at school kids.
>>
>>154291840
OP said most and you're only trying to disprove his argument using a single example in existence.
>>

Just curious but how much does this apply to Twilight? I never watched it but I feel like it probably applies.
>>
>>154291840
>uses some
>also mentioned as not being bad
Also you're a retard
>>
File: 1487648913419.png (368KB, 890x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487648913419.png
368KB, 890x720px
>>154291932
from what i heard it fits like a glove, no different from the shounen conterpart
i mean, harry potter is literally a magic battle academy and all
>>
>>154291932
Hunger Games too.
>>
>>154291067
But pic related was not like that
>>
Skip Beat is nothing like that. It's literally Glas Mask-lite but still.
>>
>>154292283
Is Hunger Games girl useless? I mean, she's in a fucking battle royale, it seems like she'd have to at least be mildly competent in that context.
>>
>>154292388
>no one likes me and I do not have friends
>starts a rebellion
She is skilled because plot convenience.
>>
>>154291067
>Why is most _______ garbage
I'm going to save you some time: most of everything is garbage.
>>
>>154291067
I like how Skip Beat shits on one guy for being a controlling asshole, but when the designated love interest guy pulls the same shit, it's suddenly romantic and sweet and he did nothing wrong.

The only good shoujo are by holdouts from past decades when it wasn't all school romances.
>>
>>154291128
Inserting as the heroine is the only way to read shoujo. You can get some great faps from fantasizing about all the hot guys who want to rape you/protect you.
>>
>>154291067
The fact that these tags fit so often and that they are so easily explained by feminine biological makeup makes me think generic shoujo manga is just an ovarian spurt onto paper.
These fucking generic shoujo are so alike that even the way these bitches draw them are always the fucking same.

A male counterpart to this phenomena would be generic harem, but even those try to be funnier, while shoujo shit just becomes convoluted.
>>
>>154292691
You should start looking at stuff from Fantasy Bonita instead of mainstream shoujo.
>>
>>154292805
Mystery Bonita*
>>
>>154292691
>girls have double standards with guys
In other news, the water is wet
>>
>>154292283
Really just any modern YA novel aimed at girls in general post-Hunger Games
>>
>>154292793
I think generic harems offer a really interesting perspective into what boys want. Each girl represents what a boy wants from his girl depending on how he feels. Sometimes he wants a genki girl, someone who's really active and energetic and happy bordering on annoying. Sometimes he wants a girl to just shut the fuck up and chill and that's where the Rei clones come out. Other times he wants a girl who gives him a challenge and makes him work for her affection and that's where the tsundere comes in. And the perfect girl would be able to seamlessly slip into each of these personas to suit his mood.
>>
File: Wikia-Visualization-Main.png (1MB, 1200x768px) Image search: [Google]
Wikia-Visualization-Main.png
1MB, 1200x768px
Reminder that this is the reason shojo went to shit

Pretty much the majority of modern shojo since like the 90s borrow some or most aspects of this
>>
>>154291067
The only shoujo that I ever read is that one about a tall girl and a manlet. It was decent I guess.
>>
>>154293158
Yes, and women want the quiet, strong, beautiful, gentle, older man who is violent except with her.
And then they draw them all the same fucking way.
>>
>>154293528
Seems like they have simpler tastes to be desu
>>
>>154293586
Yes. It's pathetic.
>>
>>154293172
>cute boy never wins
>>
So, is Skip Beat bad later on? I'm only up to Volume 9 or so but I'm considering buying the next 3 in 1 from Ebay or Amazon sometime in the future.
>>
>>154293931
read and decide for yourself
>>
>>154293979
Well, how accurate are the tropes OP described later on? I could probably be fine with them, but it might be nice to know.
>>
>>154291067
Skip Beat was great until the muh DARKNESS arc with Ren, it made me drop it. As much of an asshole as Shou was her aiming for revenge on him and their dynamic was what carried the series.
>>
>>154294188
I liked the arc the bed scene was fun
>>
Doesn't that pretty much describe every harem ever?
>>
>>154293528
>>154293586
>>154293639
Isn't that just biology and evolution.
Women wants the best of the best, while Men can fuck everything.
>>
File: cute.png (2MB, 960x1374px) Image search: [Google]
cute.png
2MB, 960x1374px
>>154294285
>>
>>154294285
I feel like men got the worse end of the stick on this.

Why has the male sexual taste evolved to be inferior?
>>
>>154294579
Why inferior ? It's pretty much survival instinct. Men put their seeds everywhere they can since they're fertile most of the time. Women fertility is reduced by time so they wants the best on their limited time.
>>
>>154294579
Up until modern society with it's paternity laws and shit, you could always just pump and dump. Men weren't burdened with carrying a child. So men didn't have to evolve to be selective with who they came now. These days, a pregnancy is even more dangerous for men that it is for women but men never evolved to deal with that.
>>
>>154294703
came in*
>>
>>154294658
It's inferior because now that modern relationship dynamics are monogamous, the world is overpopulated, and STDs exist, there's no point in putting your seed everywhere and men are just conditioned to settle for lackluster partners.

Men need to hurry up and evolve to catch up to women.
>>
ITT jealous guys because they will never be perfect like the " generic" shoujo hasbandos.
>>
>>154294755
Shojo husbando are abusive shits 50% of the time.

You think girls are jealous of the tsundere lead who is basically a socially incompetent bitch, but that's okay because she's cute?
>>
>>154291128
Not me. I wanna be the confident guy who romances the qt girl
>>
>>154291932
I gotta confess. I probably watch a twilight anime.
>>
>>154291067
Sounds more like you're describing an otome game
>>
>>154292691
>The only good shoujo are by holdouts from past decades when it wasn't all school romances.
This is the equivalent of the "all anime nowadays is harems and CGDCT!" bullshit that /v/ crossboarders try to pull.
>>
I liked the Skip Beat anime because of how much it focused on Kyouko's progression as an actress and didn't mire itself in romantic bullshit hardly at all. Always wanted a sequel anime but if the manga just devolves back into the romantic misunderstandings and melodrama of typical shoujo then I don't think I'd want an anime sequel.
>>
>>154295069
yes 50 chapters of oh I am suffering, my darkness can you handle my darkness Mogami-san, oh fuck wheres my schizophrenia meds that I clearly need
>>
>>154294285
I said so myself before.
But males have even baser instincts and do better schlock anime still.
I guess it's like christopher hitchens said, women can't be funny because they don't have to so they never learned to.
>>
>>154295302
Isn't he actual name Corn? I'd be pretty fucking traumatized my parents named me Corn.
>>
Am I gay if I self insert as the girl?

The idea of being lusted after by a cool, dominant, sexy guy is more appealing when you imagine yourself as a wide eyed schoolgirl being swept into his world.
>>
File: 1445052745815.png (59KB, 383x279px) Image search: [Google]
1445052745815.png
59KB, 383x279px
>>154295302
Heh. What a perfect description of that arc. It's why I dropped it too.

I like to read a shoujo now and there, but with Skip Beat, it just got outta hand.
>>
>>154291067
Shoujo romance is the harem manga equivalent for women.

Obviously it's shit and has zero merit as a story, but it makes the hidden bits go tingly like for a while and that's good enough to read it.
>>
What shoujo are you reading right now then you guys?
>>
>>154291067
Anything that centers around self-insert type characters tend to be shit. That goes for shoujo/otomeshit, haremshit, and isekai.

For once it'd be nice if the MC was actually attractive and charismatic enough to make sense for them to have other attractive girls/boys chasing after them.
>>
>>154295246
I stared the manga because i liked the anime, but it just keeps focusing more and more on retarded drama and misunderstanding, which i stared to skim in the hope it focused back on the acting, till the patience ran out and dropped it.

Piety because i think Kyoko is a pretty good mc.
>>
>>154291067
>>Every single evil guy is also rapey, and also this fact is more or less glossed over
This is the only part that gets me. Especially because there's often a girl rival who tried to arrange the main heroine's rape at the hands of some bad guy.
>>
>>154293172
Fuck the editor for convincing the author to throw away her original plans and hook the MC up with the asshole instead.
>>
>>154292691
>shits on one guy for being a controlling asshole
I usually have no problem with shoujo except for this aspect.

Everyone always praises kaichou wa maid-sama but Usai was a fucking creepy stalker. He got all pissy when Misaki was playing volleyball with a kid and acted like a fucking asshole to her childhood friend despite him being a genuinely friendly and innocent guy.
>>
>>154295636
Currently none, but finished Eensy Weensy Monster not too long ago, it was decent.
>>
>>154292965
If you are ugly and have no other redeeming qualities then you are screwed out of luck. Women are biologically engineered to chose the mate that will give them the strongest children and comfiest lifestyle. It's just nature.
>>
>>154293172
>>154295791
I only watched the drama. I liked it. How bad was Domyoji in the manga? I head he was pretty toned down in the drama.
>>
>>154293639
Why, because they don't like you?
Sorry that you are a genetic dead end.
>>
>>154294658
I wouldn't call limp dick and saggy balls fertile.
>>
>>154295806
Woof!!! I love that part
>>
>>154295636
This thread actually reminded me that I'd downloaded Banana Bread no Pudding and never read it, so now I'm doing that.

>>154295836
>the drama
I'm pretty sure there are like half a dozen, and I haven't watched any of them, but in the manga he sends his thugs to gangrape her (they fail because of the other main pretty boy, I forget his name) and then straps her to the front of his car and shit.
>>
>>154294832
Very few shoujo get it right. It's true girls want a guy that would stick up for them but some shoujo write it as creepily possessive which might be okay in fiction but would be considered an abusive stalker in reality.

For once they should just make a male yandere with legit mental issues instead of passing it off normal behavior.
>>
>>154295636
Just finished Rose of Versailles. I don't know why it took me so long for me to start reading it. It was great.
Now I'm just reading Ouji ga Watashi o Akiramenai, It's ok. I'm more of a josei person, so I'm mostly reading those.
>>
>>154295993
>sends his thugs to gangrape her and then straps her to the front of his car and shit.
O-Oh.
I watched the J-drama version and let me tell ya, none of that crap happens. What the hell I hate Domyoji now
>>
>>154292788
So just do the same thing you do when reading harem. Gotcha.
>>
File: 008.png (209KB, 736x1200px) Image search: [Google]
008.png
209KB, 736x1200px
>>154292691
>being a controlling asshole
But controlling asshole boyfriends are one of the best aspects of shoujo. Most guys in male-targeted works don't have the balls to control their women.
>>
>>154293528
>>154293158

A shit ton of shoujo breaks up all of those qualities into separate love interests.

You'll get your prince because you wanted the perfect gentleman to take care of you, or the best friend when you want a relationship you've been working at for years and with someone you already know. You get the bad boy for a challenge or the tsundere for a competitor. And you have a weak-hearted shy boy for when you want to feel good about yourself and protect someone weaker than you.

Or you can all them all into one like you just did. But those ones are super Gary Stus.
>>
>>154294905
Just go watch Vampire Knight.
>>
File: yandere love.jpg (143KB, 633x1000px) Image search: [Google]
yandere love.jpg
143KB, 633x1000px
>>154295806
But fucking creepy stalkers are moe. The most obsessive love is the purest.

There are a lot of different types of shoujo love interests, you can just skip the ones that are too possessive for you. MU's tagging system helps a lot there.
>>
>>154295636
I'm reading Natsume Yuujinchou right now. Probably gonna check out the anime once I catch up on everything.
>>
>>154295636
Machida-kun no Sekai and Boku to Kimi no Taisetsu na Hanashi are my favorite currently running shoujo series. I finished Teruteru x Shounen recently and really liked that one too.
>>
>>154296886
>Machida-kun no Sekai
This is some good shit, I agree.
>>
>>154295474
I mean you could just read BL and self-insert as the wide eyed schoolboy being swept away by the exact same cool dominant sex guy.

That would probably be less gay.
>>
File: Why.png (84KB, 662x607px) Image search: [Google]
Why.png
84KB, 662x607px
>>154291067
Pic related is a pretty good shoujo
>>
>>154295474
It's not gay as long as you keep it to 2D.

I self-insert as the girl too. The idea of someone being devoted and possessive of me gives me a thrill that's lacking with the kind of love interests in male-oriented manga.
>>
>>154297154
So if you jack off to yaoi, it's not gay since it's 2D?
>>
>>154297212
Yaoi is gay because it's two guys together. Shoujo manga isn't gay because it's a boy and girl together.
>>
>>154297231
But when you self-insert as the girl, that's clearly gay.
>>
>>154297328
No, a man and woman together are the very definition of hetero.
>>
>>154293172
Never read or watched but I know enough of the plot to hate this
>>
>>154296886
This. Machida-kun and Kuzumi-kun
Also Dame no Watashi
I usually find Aya Nakahara's stuff the least vapid, but sometimes they're too unrealistic.
I also hate most shoujo, but they just found a formula that sells and stick to it, like all the harem /a/ is full of
>>
>>154291067
Yeah it's not great, but if you like the tropes it's really fun and entertaining.
I don't think people can watch/read pure super expertly crafted high concentration only things all the time.
Watch/read a mix of high quality stuff and indulge yourself with a bit of tasty junk food.
If someone watch/read nothing but shoujo romance then yes that's not good.
And if you want romance then shoujo kicks the butt out of it's shonen counterpart.
Josei and seinen is a different story though.
>>
>>154294188
I dropped it at that arc too, if skip beat was as popular as naruto, I'm pretty sure everyone would have associate DARKNESS with Ren instead of Sasuke.
>>
>>154293931
It's not that bad if you read it in one go, it is just that some arcs feel like they are going on forever since you wait a month for it to update.
>>
File: iconic.jpg (82KB, 421x604px) Image search: [Google]
iconic.jpg
82KB, 421x604px
Should I bother finishing this?
>>
The anime of this airs next season, the manga arts look good, I don't know the story, is this any good?
>>
>>154291067
this is awesome, rape is awesome
>>
>>154293172
This is Boys over Flowers right? My ex was fucking obsessed with the live action version of that.
>>
>>154291067
>rapey

Just get out
>>
>>154299531
Every Arina Tanemura series is worth reading
>>
>>154291067
Do you go to bookstores and openly complain about the tropes of trashy romance novels with ripped guys on the cover
>>
>>154291067

But that's exactly what generic shounen romance does, too. Hell, that's what most romance does, period. Japanese or not.
>>
>>154291932
>Just curious but how much does this apply to Twilight?
So much it could be the plot synopsis.
>>
>>154291067
Why would you ever read shoujo?
>>
File: v1.jpg (17KB, 206x305px) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
17KB, 206x305px
>>154291067
>>
File: shoujo.jpg (1MB, 3028x1296px) Image search: [Google]
shoujo.jpg
1MB, 3028x1296px
Those two are the only good shoujo.

Horimiya is boring.
>>
>>154295636
There is a severe lack of Akatsuki no Yona in this thread.

Especially with the chapter that came out. That kiss came out of nowhere
>>
>>154303606
>reverse harem
>just harem in general
no
>>
>>154296662
Whatever happened at the end of that anyway? I know the black haired one goes to sleep for centuries or some shit, but did he get cucked by the edgy white haired dude in the mean time or not?
>>
>>154303639
>After Kaname sacrifices his heart to the furnace that creates anti-vampire weapons, Yuki gave birth to a daughter that she conceived with Kaname and sometime later, another child with Zero. Unfortunately, Zero dies before he could meet their son. After her children reached adolescence, Yuki sacrifices her life to turn Kaname into a human and thus resurrect him, leaving her children with a message that describes the world he will see the same way she saw it.
They both got cucked.
>>
>>154303636
Normally I'd agree but there's next to no harem shenanigans so I hesitate to call it one.
>>
>>154303780
I legitimately regret asking now.
>>
>>154301156
I think it is pretty good, MC is cute and funny girl, I also like that she always change her hairstyle though I think they can't do that in anime. I like friendly rivalry between the two main guys and their bands, the bromance and womance of the band members, and with music as main part of the story, the live singing scenes are always best part of the story. The triangle is heartwrencing because both guys are too good, side characters romance are good too. The only thing I hate is the band childhood flashback that I think generic and boring and it got like two chapters in the manga. Can't wait for the anime I hope they deliver the music and don't skip the characters monologues. It's been long time since we get an actual band anime.
>>
>>154294188
It did have some lighter parts mixed in at least

But yes, it was terrible. I didn't drop it there, but it slowed me down enough that when I caught up a little after that and had to wait for monthly I fell off the wagon.

Skip Beat is really something that needs to be read quickly.
>>
>>154295806

Usui was just being protective of her and didn't want to lose her to the childhood friend beacuse he was insecure of her feelings for him. I know they are irrational feelings but girls love when guys they like are protective and territorial of them. And it's a shoujo after all.
>>
>>154294832
I like Last Game's husbando though. He's actually really sweet, completely incompetent at romance, and generally just awkward when it comes to the love aspect. Doesn't help that the girl he's with is a complete block against anything lewd or romantic.
>>
File: 1447569898180.png (111KB, 455x329px) Image search: [Google]
1447569898180.png
111KB, 455x329px
>>154303336
Rifftrax made this series for me.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE0fknMFFXg
>>
File: v001.jpg (252KB, 700x1105px) Image search: [Google]
v001.jpg
252KB, 700x1105px
>>154295636
>>
>>154291067
This is why male harem shits are better. The MCs pick all.
>>
File: jeannie_prim.jpg (48KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
jeannie_prim.jpg
48KB, 640x430px
>>154309514
>>
>>154291067
At least some of them makes something different than the generic plain MC.
>>
>>154309807
*plain looking MC*
>>
File: 1446948614917.jpg (35KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
1446948614917.jpg
35KB, 330x330px
>>154303780
Holy shit am I lucky I dropped this after the first couple of chapters.
What kind of drugs is the manga-ka on to think of something like this?
>>
>>154291067

Every single one of these tropes are also present for male protagonist and their love interests in harem manga. You're just complaining because it's not pandering to you.
>>
what a bunch of fags
reading mango for girls and teenagers
and some even self inser as the girl
>>
>>154309807
Replacing tired tropes with weapons grade autism is not the way to go.
>>
>>154303783
It's still bad.

Full harem shit means it doesn't go anywhere.
A drop here and there is meaningless and serves no purpose.
>>
File: nervous sadako.gif (599KB, 350x280px) Image search: [Google]
nervous sadako.gif
599KB, 350x280px
What about Shoujo where the main relationship gets resolved early on with minimal competition?
>>
File: 000157pr.jpg (124KB, 728x1190px) Image search: [Google]
000157pr.jpg
124KB, 728x1190px
>>154295636
Oresama teacher. I have resigned myself to the fact that a anime never
>>
>>154296595
It's like hes bipolar
>>
File: 1487233408005.png (122KB, 333x314px) Image search: [Google]
1487233408005.png
122KB, 333x314px
>>154291067
anon all genres are shit
sturgoens law applies
>>
>>154295636
I picked Akatsuki no Yona back up yesterday.

the two newest chapters have been the best chapters in a long time
>>
>>154303491
>7Seeds there even though it was shoujo for like five chapters fifteen years ago
>but no Basara
I don't think I really trust your opinions.
>>
>>154309318
I just started it and it's pretty cute.
Detective guy reminds me of Shigure from Fruit Basket (he's even called Souma too)
>>
File: cuties.png (69KB, 402x317px) Image search: [Google]
cuties.png
69KB, 402x317px
>>154315410
Glad you're liking it so far. Iwai and Kanoko-kun are are both miracles of the universe.
>>
>>154291067
You know what is the shoujo manga trope I hate the fucking most ?
The male lead is always some indecisive good guy cuck who takes 4 to 6 volumes to man up enough to make a confession even though the relationship was obvious to anyone by chapter fucking 10.
And somehow the obligatory male rival, who takes like 2 chapters to notice the MC is indeed a mary sue making him want her, and doesn't spare any trick and neither hesitates to get what he wants, is the bad guy because... first comes first serves ?
I think Peach Girl is the only story I've read where the second guy actually wins.
>>
>>154310997
and then consistently using the tropes throughout the manga is also not the way to go
>>
>>154316102
Started reading it too, it's pretty good. Doll chapters were spooking me out even. Romance when?
>>
>>154291067

Maybe because it also applies to the good guys. Japanese women really like rape (at least when done by a bishie)
>>
>>154291067
The only two fairly recent shoujo's I liked are Shiraiyuki and Yona.
>>
>>154296515

Being raped as a man isn't just the same.
>>
File: shocked shirayuki.jpg (21KB, 288x313px) Image search: [Google]
shocked shirayuki.jpg
21KB, 288x313px
>>154320024
Season 3 when
>>
>>154295636
I'm almost halfway through Kanata Kara, it's great so far.
>>
File: flat,800x800,070,f.jpg (83KB, 800x542px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.jpg
83KB, 800x542px
>>154291067
But I like that.Bonus points if the MC is the mahou shoujo.
>>
>>154291067
Read short ones. Any series beyond 10 volumes is worthless and unnecessary long.
>>
>>154295636
Just finished Marginal.
Pretty gay but a pretty good trip too, as expected of Moto Hagio.
>>
>>154291067
>talk about garbage shoujo
>post one of the best shoujo running, which uses almost none of those tropes.

talk about bait.
>>
>>154293931
>So, is Skip Beat bad later on? I'm only up to Volume 9 or so but I'm considering buying the next 3 in 1 from Ebay or Amazon sometime in the future.
no, OP is a fucking troll. Skip Beat is one of the better shoujo out there.
>>
>>154319919
>Japanese women really like rape (at least when done by a bishie)
Women the world over enjoy rape when committed by a handsome man.
>>
>>154295636
Liar x Liar
>>
>>154320865
Which goes to show just how awful shoujo manga is if Skip Beat can be considered one of the better ones.
>>
>>154293172
Thank god we are actually leaving this behind
>>
File: Capture.png (721KB, 863x878px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
721KB, 863x878px
>>154320024
>Yona
Season 2 When
Pic heavily Spoiler related
>>
>>154311029
It's not really a harem when only two guys (That get anywhere with it) are romantically interested in her.
>>
File: huwa.png (180KB, 331x528px) Image search: [Google]
huwa.png
180KB, 331x528px
>>154321718
>>
>>154320322
Don't know, but the latest volume sold almost break 200k, it is the first time I see it got that high after the anime aired it always only around 150k
>>
>>154321718
this came out of nowhere, but i'm content with it.

I was even more surprised that she got rid of the hairclip Soo Won gave her. Hopefully she goes full big boss in the next few chapters.
>>
>>154291067
What about surprise kiss, it that also considered as rape?
>>
>>154315410
>Shigure
Why was he such an asshole?
>>
>>154303491
>Taiyou No Ie
Daiki was the better boy desu
>>
>>154323255
Because he saw everyone as pawns to regain his reverse trap waifu.
>>
>>154316648
The one I hate the most is the opposite.

There's the hyper aggressive main boy who's nothing but trouble for MC but the broad's too thick to leave him (that or she finds him sexy), and the childhood friend love interest who's in love with her and is generally a better friend/boyfriend than her main interest but backs off for whatever reason. It's even worse if he ends up alone.
>>
>>154323419
I know the anime was done poorly, but I kind of miss anime Shigure.
>>
>>154312068
Only if it has cute and interesting MC and their interactions, I don't like oremonogatari because MC and main girl are so boring
>>
>>154323533
I liked he was a complete asshole, Yuki, Kyo and Tohru were already holier than thou as MCs.
>>
>>154323668
I liked that Tohru kinda acknowledged she was holier than thou though
>>
>>154323287
This. He was the only likeable character in that series.
>>
File: v04.jpg (588KB, 988x1417px) Image search: [Google]
v04.jpg
588KB, 988x1417px
>>154312068
>main relationship gets resolved early on with minimal competition
My favorite kind of shoujo. Also the subtle, slow burn type of romance.
>>
>>154319866
I think chapter 30 has some romance but it's really subtle
>>
I'm still dissapointed and forever will be.
>>
>>154312387
my negro
>>
File: img000045.png (513KB, 884x1300px) Image search: [Google]
img000045.png
513KB, 884x1300px
>>154291067
I don't know, I like it.
>>
>>154325605
Anno was right

if the anime continued, it should have gone the way he wanted it.

the manga became such a shitty edge fest.
>>
>>154295636
Natsume, no.6, CCS Clear card arc, fushigi yuugi genbu kaiden
>>
>>154325816
Don't really care about the cliche drama but the world and setting is amazing. It's always pleasing to see fantasy Europe in mangos.

>>154325910
The whole protag's black sheep family drama was a mistake. The bad taste it left from all the DARKNESS just overwritten everything that was nice and sweet about the series. I'm still mad after over ten years holy shit it was this bad.
>>
File: 2cute4me.png (642KB, 658x373px) Image search: [Google]
2cute4me.png
642KB, 658x373px
>>154319866
>>154325437
In chapter 40 she realized her feelings for him via her own excuse and surprise lie, so it's a matter of time they delve into more romance.
>>
Well shit, anon. You're reading manga targeted at 14 year old girls. Maybe that's why.

Josei is going to be more up your alley.
>>
File: 021_1483872884.jpg (487KB, 1000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
021_1483872884.jpg
487KB, 1000x1600px
>>154295636
My favorite still running shoujo is Oresama Teacher
>>
Post shoujo where undisputed best boy wins
>>
File: KDAD_c07a_p041_KDS.png (88KB, 728x1203px) Image search: [Google]
KDAD_c07a_p041_KDS.png
88KB, 728x1203px
>>154327591
I'm not really reading anything right now, but Warau Kanoko-sama and its sequel Koi dano Ai dano are probably my favorite.
Female lead is really dense and not really your usual "totally normal girl", and male lead is way too funny when he's being ignored.
>>
>>154327591
I still don't understand why this doesn't have an anime

it must sell well because it has lasted for this long
>>
>>154329328
I know right? If Nozaki-kun can get one surely this can too
>>
>>154295636
>all the things I'm reading that I thought were shoujo are actually josei
Wew.
Only shoujo I'm reading is Machida-kun no Sekai.
As for the josei, I'll put them anyway. They're fun. I'm reading Ashi-Girl, Seigi no Mikata, and Chihayafuru.
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.