[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't this show become as popular as SAO or the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Btooom-First-Impression.jpg (470KB, 1362x768px) Image search: [Google]
Btooom-First-Impression.jpg
470KB, 1362x768px
Why didn't this show become as popular as SAO or the manga with the giants?
>>
>tried to be battle royale
>somehow managed to become dull as fuck very early on
>>
>>154289041

Im following the mango and it's still pretty entertaining and grim. Not sure about the spirit stuff though.
>>
>>154288844
Because it was shit.
>>
>>154289598
So is SAO and so is the giants.
>>
It has rape and shit so you couldn't sell it to 12 year olds.
>>
>>154289634
SAO and AoT came at the right time

>>154290387
SAO got away with rape. Attempted rape anyway.
>>
>>154291270
SAO and AoT have interesting mechanics, Btooom doesn't, also this one is in the real world, the other two are mor fantasy like worlds
>>
File: 1486774793548.gif (809KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1486774793548.gif
809KB, 480x270px
>>154288844
BTOOM was so retarded it made SAO look intelligent, that's a feat on its own.
>>
BTOOOM is the kind of edgy schlock series normal people naturally avoid

The western anime community is filled with far less of the type of people who liked Higurashi or Elfen Lied than it used to be, and even then the heroine of this show was a generic blonde bimbo (ie something that even diehard trope slurping weebs think is overdone) instead of a spicy waifu like Yuno or any of the girls from Akame ga Kill so it lacked that sort of appeal as well
>>
>>154288844
because its name is fucking retarded
>>
>>154293343
sounds like a sneeze
>so what are you calling this series
>im calling it b-Tummee
>Btooom? ok w/e its your series.
>>
>>154288844
The name probably. It also wasn't all that decent.
>>
>>154293343
>naming your anime after a literally who at apehoop
>>
>>154289041
Pretty much this.
It was Battle Royale on a FarCry1 type Island, which sounds awesome.
But somehow was kind of disappointing.
I didn't mind it myself, but it definitely wasn't great.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.