[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there so many archives and why have so many failed? Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: failure.png (5KB, 440x114px) Image search: [Google]
failure.png
5KB, 440x114px
Why are there so many archives and why have so many failed? Why is there no /a/ specific archive?
>>
Internet costs money and the money they made from their malware ads wasn't enough.
>>
>>154249753
fireden is working for /a/ https://boards.fireden.net/a/
>>
>>154249807
>malware ads
Since when was Hiro hosting the offsite archives?
>>
They get progressively worse each time
>>
>>154249841
the archive on here has malicious ads and mook is just adding more paid features and ruining the site. where is there a nuke when you need it
>>
>>154249753
Because no one wants to pay for shit. People turn on ad-block (leading to malicious ads). No one donates.

Why keep something that just costs you money and time alive?
>>
Who cares about archives anyways? Defeats the purpose of this place. Let's go back to when we had to vote threads into the archive.
>>
>>154250084
>Let's go back to when we had to vote threads into the archive.
Holy fuck I can barely remember that.
>>
>>154250046
There's like three different archives that host the same boards. You can ask those retards why they're hosting the same boards for no benefit.
>>
>>154249753
>/a/ specific archive?
Because there's nothing here worth archiving. Just use fireden.
>>
File: 1468691600206.gif (86KB, 570x551px) Image search: [Google]
1468691600206.gif
86KB, 570x551px
>>154250156
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
ARCHIVE THIS SHIT
;_;
>>
>>154250209
There's nothing worth archiving on most of the boards that have archives.
>>
boards.4tan.org
>>
>>154250261
Reading past discussions about shows you're watching
>>
>>154250084
I liked the whole fact that people had to lurk to learn about goings-on in the boards. Nowadays people can just go through archives and read up on shit like that

Archive is only useful on shit like /tg/ where they have threads that go on and on and on
>>
>>154249753
Warosu and 4plebs never seem to have problems.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.