[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Main character dies by being stabbed, while trying to save

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6

File: sao9.jpg (125KB, 595x894px) Image search: [Google]
sao9.jpg
125KB, 595x894px
>Main character dies by being stabbed, while trying to save someone
>Wakes up in a fantasy world with game-like mechanics
>Of course the protagonist's previous life experience gives him an edge in this world.
>Girls all around fall for him
>The Nobles are terribly corrupt (Except the cute ones of course)
>The scary Church organization is super corrupt, and obviously the big bad.
>There's a "Demon King" guy that the protagonist must defeat

>Written ~2005

So are all these recent isekai stories just a rehash of the Alicization arc from SAO, but with less interesting worlds?

The only thing really missing is Elves, and an obvious cheat (which isn't granted to him at the start, but kinda "earned", just in time to beat all the enemies). Oh, and beastkin slaves, missing that too.
>>
>>154060709
There are plenty of similar isekai stories before Alicization, but yeah it kinda started the trend.
>>
>they kill the worse character
>instead of moving on they go with the worse character to the underworld

jesus christ
>>
>>154060709
>Girls all around fall for him

But they don't? Only Ronye has a thing for Kirito, no one else other than her has fallen for him so far.
>>
File: Vol_16_-_293.png (2MB, 1120x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Vol_16_-_293.png
2MB, 1120x1600px
>>154062065
Alice most definitely wants his cock.
I would argue the whip senpai may have fallen for him.

There was also that village woman in Volume 10, who was basically trying to sell her twin daughters to Kirito and Eugeo, but I guess one-off characters don't count.
>>
>>154060709
>they kill best boy

this is where this piece of shit went to shit even further
>>
>>154060709
Kirito's not dead though he literally has brain damage or something
>>
>>154062292
He dies for like 10 minutes.
It counts for this shitpost.
>>
>>154062236
>thought about keeping him alive in the LN version but was too lazy to rewrite it

RIP
>>
>>154060709
Spear Hero?
>>
>>154062324
Fair enough, I haven't read Alicization, just going off what I heard of it
>>
>>154062359
What the fuck? This is EXACTLY where I wanted Kawahara to play it safe. The things he has rewritten from the web novel version so far always played it more safe but when it comes to Eugeo dying, he kept it the same. Fuck this.
>>
>>154062921
In case it doesn't hurt enough, here's how he went about making an excuse:
>Actually, while revising the web edition for the paperback edition, I seriously considered altering Eugeo’s fate. Eugeo withdrew from the stage while stifling himself the entire time in the web edition, so I thought it would be fine if he got hold of a new fate since I was given this chance to rewrite it.
>However, it didn’t happen in the end. When I reached «that scene» in my revision, I just couldn’t overwrite the original story. It was as if Eugeo himself was denying any change to his fate. Or perhaps that was his final and greatest assertion after holding himself back the rest of the time.

Basically "Eugeo would have wanted it this way!"
>>
>>154063507
Fucking Kawahara. Eugeo deserves Alice.
>>
>>154062653
>due to endgame shenannigans motoyasu ends up back at the time of the hero summoning
>with his previous levels intact (around 700~)
>his insanity and obsession with firo included
>fucks up the main story no less than 10 times in his quest for his bird waifu
>Raphtalia is sent to retrieve him and suffers constant deaths and suffering due to motoyasu's timelooping bullshit.
>including but not limited to: dying in the basement she was tortured in, being incinerated by naofumi, and others.
>>
>>154060709
> >The Nobles are terribly corrupt (Except the cute ones of course)
> >The scary Church organization is super corrupt, and obviously the big bad.
> >There's a "Demon King" guy that the protagonist must defeat
Isn't that just typical Japanese fantasy if you ignore the isekai bit?
>>
>>154063560
Unfortunately, Schulberg is dead and replaced by inferior Synthesis Thirty. He's in a better place now.

>the wikia transcribes her last name as "Zuberg"
wat
>>
>>154064395
>Zuberg
Blame YenPress. They decided to use a spelling that would better align with German phonology (cause "Schu" would sound like "shu", but the Katakana is a ツ which would better align with "Zu" in German), seeing as the name kinda looks German, even if it isn't.
>>
>>154064395
>annoying tomboy
>better than honorable female knight
>>
>>154060709
Not quite, many recent isekai drop the homosexual overtones that Alicization had.
>>
>>154065025
you mean kirito is gay in alicestuff?
>>
>>154063560
He got his Alice though.
>>
>>154065451
See the guy besides Kirito in OP's pic?

He's his childhood bro. They bond a lot throughout the arc
>>
Know what's probably gonna be one of the most shit-posted about aspects of S3?

The goddamn Engrish.
The novel was allowed to skip on some of it, but the anime is gonna have to have the actors say out loud all of those complicated English sentences. And that will totally go well...
>>
>>154060709
i legitimately liked reading alicization for a while
>kirito is not OP!until after volume 15
>kirito isn't being constantly followed by girls swarming into his dick!until after volume 14
>kirito has a MALE FRIEND who doesn't get the short end of the stick for the first 4 volumes atleast
>Kirito has a RIVAL who is his MALE partner and Best friend until he gets killed off and cucked from the afterlife by a cripple
fuck reki kawahara.
>>
>>154065747
> the anime is gonna have to have the actors say out loud all of those complicated English sentences
Or they'll just pretend it's English and have them speak Japanese instead. Happens a lot.
>>
>>154065676

Oh, so gay because guys are platonically bonding with each other. Not because they're romantically inclined towards men, or even thinking about how nice it would be to touch the other guy casually.

The "all developments between male characters make them fujobait" mentality is fucking retarded. Call it fujobait when they start acting like principle characters in a shoujo series, not when they're just developing a positive rapport with each other.
>>
>>154065779
goddamn, is this the power of wish fulfillment?
>>
File: 1453072098441.png (993KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453072098441.png
993KB, 1280x720px
>>154060709
Reminder that Grimgar did SAO better.
>>
>>154065747
>>154065793
What kinda awful engrish are we talking about?
>>
I can't wait for woodcutting to be animated.
>>
>>154065861
The entire magic system revolves around using English. They're actually more like system commands that were left in for the AI. In fact, every "spell" begins with "System Call," followed by some instructions.
One direct example from the novel: "System Call. Generate cryogenic element. Form element, shield shape. Discharge," which basically forms an ice shield.
There are supposedly more complex rituals to, but the novel doesn't bother writing those out.
>>
>>154065861
>“Burst element!”
>“Enhance armament!!”
>“System call. Generate aerial element.”
>“System call! Transfer human unit durability, self to left!!”
>“System Call! Generate luminous element!”
>“System… call!!”
>“Discharge!”
>“—Enhance armament!”

these are all canonically in english as>>154066047 explained
>>
>>154066047
>>154066063
Oh? i see, sounds kinda like what masters use in fate extra but more elaborate. I can see how that's not going to end well.
>>
>>154066063

"Baasto eremento!"
"Enhansu aamamento!"
"Shisutem caaru: jenarate ariau erumento"
"Shisutem caaru: toransfaa hyuuman yunit durabirichi, serlf to reft!"

I kind of want to hear the attempt. The best is when it's not full-on Engrish but it's definitely not fluent either.
>>
>>154060709
Nah like the anons mentioned there are plenty before it and the demon king corrupt nobles thing+evil church etc have always been present in the medium.

With narou WNs the most popular types today were heavily influenced by recent series.

Goblin Kingdom(this one is actually older), Re:Monster and similar ones popularised the whole monster reincarnation survival with stats thing. Of course the difference being goblin kingdom's MC actually struggling.

Its similar with otome reincarnation types with kenkyou kenjitsu though I don't read much of those.

The child reincarnation ones got incredibly popular after MT which is still number one. It must also be noted how the church isn't a stereotypical insanely 'evil' but more down to earth even with its extremist factions.
Some of the authors made lots of variations in their stories to step away from MT's firmly established template. Like MC being a gun maniac or him rising in ranks in a nobles society while growing up which MT never really explored.

It's the same with dungeon managment, crafting isekai/sol like seiun wo kakeru and many others.
>>
>>154065779
>until he gets killed off and cucked from the afterlife by a cripple
What?
The memory Alice lost as a village girl had gone with him though, which you can even consider as a personality.
>>
>>154060709
>Alice starts out as a strong independent girl with a love interest
>Timeskip
>She's just another part of Kirito's harem

Wasted potential. At least Sinon remained pure.
>>
>>154064942
>>the annoying tomboy had much more personality than the honorable female knight that later became a part of Kirito's harem
>>
>>154070289

I know what you feel anon.
>>
>>154060709
You forgot the part where he had previously been "reborn" into this world as a child and grown up for a few years with them.
>>
>>154065841
Not that power of escapism fantasy of insecure man children.
>>
>>154060709
>and an obvious cheat
The "cheat" is his knowledge of all the SAO sword skills from Aincrad where the swordsmanship schools in the world only know one or two each.
>>
>>154072010
Did they ever explain why sword skills exist in UW?
>>
>>154072155
Because UW is based on SAO's source code with a few tweaks here and there because Rath is lazy as shit.
>>
>>154072227
>because Rath is lazy as shit
Either lazy or just plain incompetent with all the moronic decisions they make.
>>
Mostly the shit ones which pander self inserters
>>
>>154072705
>run a Sim City simulator in search of special AIs that can be used for military purposes
>find one
>she disappears from the simulation and you can't find her despite having control of the entire fucking thing because somehow another Sim with godhood delusions managed to foil you from inside the system and hide her from you
How does this even happen.
>>
>isekai
>game mechanics

Dropped.
>>
>>154073584
This.
Fuck this stupid Game Isekai shit.
>>
>>154060709
Kys, Shit Art Online copied various other Isekai.
>>
>>154074161
Like?
>>
>>154074263
From what he said, he totally seems like one of those baseless elitist haters. JS
>>
I just want Eugeo back.
>>
File: Vol_18_-_196.png (2MB, 1434x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Vol_18_-_196.png
2MB, 1434x2048px
>>154075398
Volume 18 has an illustration of Ghost Eugeo fighting the big bad, apparently.
>>
>>154065856
Nah. Grimgar is boring.
>>
>>154075438
Why does Kirito love Starburst Stream so much when it's supposed to be inferior to The Eclipse?
>>
>>154076033
Flashier name, I guess.
And maybe Eclipse is just too over-kill?
>>
>>154076033
How do they compare in Hollow Fragment?
>>
>>154077664
I don't know how they are in the games, but according to the wiki, The Eclipse is the highest level Dual Blades Sword Skill.
Starburst Stream is a 16 hit combo, while The Eclipse is 27, so that's a pretty big difference, I imagine.
>>
>>154076033
Eclipse does more DPS, but Starburst Stream is probably more versatile in use.
>>
File: C52FFxqU4AAZn4C.jpg (202KB, 786x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C52FFxqU4AAZn4C.jpg
202KB, 786x1200px
Can you tell the difference between Kuroyukihime and Kirito in this picture?
>>
>>154080191
>Kirito gets Silver Crow styled equipment

Why?
>>
>>154075684
Adderall will fix your problem for you, normie.
>>
I've seen a lot of people question, and make the claim that Kawahara doesn't know shit about MMOs... But isn't that just because SAO pre-dates the modern WoW clones, and is based on old 90s MMOs?
>>
>>154080734
>no real strategy
>stab it till it dies
>no magic just swords
>kirito actually soloplays instead of forming a party or joining a guild
>kirito solo playing works
>>
>>154060709
>with less interesting worlds?
Anon, there can't be something less interesting than SAO.
>>
>>154073584
>>154073912
"Game mechanic" refers to original sao sword skills thats how kitiro was able to maintain his unbeatable god status they doesn't really feel like game at all
>>
>>154080939
It's virtual reality anon, why'd you prefer strategy over hitting them till they die?
>>
>>154075438
it's not the same, I just want him back by some bs way
>>
>isekai is shit
>Alicization is shit
Checks out.
>>
>>154083291
even then Alicization is the lowest tier in isekai, which puts it even lower than shit.
>>
Has SAO s3 being announced already? I still haven't read all the volumes for Alicezation so I'll probably want to wait for the anime unless it will take years to happen.
>>
>>154060709
So are you the same guy reading a new isekai and summarizing it for /a/ every other day?
>>
>>154083796
The recent movie ends with an Avengers-style after-credits scene, with Kikouka (that one government agent dude from GGO) inviting the scientist in the movie to this super secret organization, and then we get a black-screen with large emphasized text saying "SAO Will Return".
If that's not a Season 3 announcement, I don't know what is.

>>154084069
No clue what you're talking about.
Just thought I'd dumb down the plot of Alicization enough to be indistinguishable from other isekai.
>>
>>154084069
are you refering to summaryanon who gives us the TLs of re:zero? because that guy is a hero and i will not tolerate people slandering him.
>>
>>154060709
Wait a minute does Kirito get isekai'd for real?
He is not stuck in a videogame again?
>>
>>154084618
Not exactly.
>>
>>154081571
>break game mechanics

Keep on digging your grave friend.
>>
File: 4120G0MBJ3L.jpg (27KB, 313x475px) Image search: [Google]
4120G0MBJ3L.jpg
27KB, 313x475px
>>154060709
You people only watch/read stuff from this millenium?
>>
>>154084866
imagine if everyone had access to paper or ways to write in the middle ages, what kind of self insert isekai would we get?
>>
>>154084178
The issue is how will they adapt the Alice arc. If I recall correctly, they adadpted the first 4 volumes consisting of SAO (plus sidestories), GGO and the fairy shit in 48 eps. And I think Alice has way more material, but I don't know if they have money to do another 48 eps or more.
>>
>>154085014
You mean like the countless folktales of dude going to mysterious land and getting waifu?
>>
>>154085056
My favorite folktale will always be this siberian one where a dude sees his brother's wife cucking his bro.

This triggers him to go on a journey where he not only gets a cute fox-shaman waifu, but he also gets a rich daughter of a mayor as a waifu.

He then kills the cheating wife, gives the mayor daughter to his bro, and keeps the fox-shaman-waifu to himself (a man of fine taste)
>>
>>154085170
siberian furry sounds like a great folktale
>>
>>154065856
It's not really hard to be better than SAO.
>>
>>154085646
How hard would it be to be worse?
>>
>>154085014
We have it. It's called Dante's Inferno.
>>
>>154085923
Well, for one SAO had a cool concept even if not original and the MC got a girlfriend instead of being a tsundere punching bag.
So at least SAO has that.
>>
>>154086710
Mini Spies 3 did VRMMORPGs better than SAO
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.