[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Almost done watching this, what does /a think of it? I really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: planetes.jpg (120KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
planetes.jpg
120KB, 1024x768px
Almost done watching this, what does /a think of it? I really want to like the show, but there is something about it that keeps frustrating me. The show tries to tackle serious topics in some episodes but does so in such a superficial way that it doesn't seem to take itself serious. The romance also feels out of place and just unnecessary. It is so frustrating, it feels like a missed opportunity. Am I the only way that feels this way about the show?
>>
>>154043791
It's a feel-good show, anon. It may deal with topics like thankless blue collar work, loss of a spouse, setting aside emotional ties for the sake of one's career, and economic disparity, but it's never going to take the darker path at the end of the day. I think what a lot of people like about the show is the universe's indifference towards who was in the wrong here. It's not morally grey by any means, but it's more concerned with how specific characters feel than what the show's message is.
>>
It's a really great show, I happen to like the manga better though, I think you might too OP based upon your post.
>>
>>154043791
>Am I the only way that feels this way
ya
>>
>>154044116
I don't get the feeling of it being a feel-good show, but you could be right. But even then, I feel like it could have been so much better if it went a bit deeper in to some stuff and actually gave me a reason to appreciate why certain characters feel some kind of way. For example the astronaut who commited suicide on the moon, it just felt so damn lacking. Idk, I don't regret watching it, but I just can't help feeling a bit frustrated.
>>
>>154044133
I also still think it's a good show, but I just think it fell short of being great, because of some stuff. Maybe I'll try out the manga, thanks for the rec
>>
>>154043791
>The romance also feels out of place and just unnecessary.
But the two of them are adorable.
>>
>>154044854
It just came out of nowhere and didn't really add anything to the show. But i do have to admit that they are adorable and their relationship felt somewhat realistic at the end of the show I guess.
>>
>>154045338
I'm not sure what you mean by it coming out of nowhere. Their relationship is pretty principal to the whole show from their first few seconds of time on screen together. It's a fairly realistic depiction of day job romance blossoming. Each person helps the other to grow and stop emphasizing each other's more polarizing personality traits.

>>154044706
The astronaut committing suicide is a driving force of Hachi's development that leads to his decision to take on the Jupiter mission.
>>
>>154043791
>/a
Fuck off.
>>
it's awful. not surprising coming from the two shitheads that would later make geass
>>
>>154045520
>Each person helps the other to grow and stop emphasizing each other's more polarizing personality traits.

I can see that they stop emphasizing on eachother's more polarizing traits, but I can't see how either of them grows because of the relationship. Hachi does have somewhat of a character development, but almost none of it comes forth out of their relationship. As for tanabe, she practically stays the same during the whole show and keeps spouting her "love" philosophy without any consideration after all she has experienced in her job.
>>
I want to protect Nono's smile.
>>
>>154043791
I did not watch the series, but I read the manga and I found it very overrated.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.