[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this series try and paint some sort of moral equivalence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Demons are totally good guys.png (235KB, 905x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Demons are totally good guys.png
235KB, 905x1300px
Why does this series try and paint some sort of moral equivalence between the Gods and the demons?
Demons are evil beings that get even more powerful when they act especially evil that attack other races and consume their souls without a care in the world.
The head archangel is right, exterminate these evil fuckers and the world would be better off.
It's pretty weird how anime and manga keep showing "good" demons, do the Japanese just not understand that the whole point of demons is that they're evil?
>>
>>153964599
Except the demons in NnT aren't good barring Mel
>>
>>153965227
That's my point, the demons clearly aren't good but the narrative is treating the angels as bad for trying to exterminate them and saying that there is "no good and evil in war". Plus the whole thing about the Giant and Fairy king being "good guys" that joined the demons.
>>
>>153964599
That's Elizabeth's schtick.
>>
>>153966063
Problem is that the author clearly expects us to take her side.
>>
>>153966704
Her side is clearly the winning side here.

If you don't see what this is leading up to, then at least you'll be surprised when it happens.
>>
>>153964599
What's so hard to understand? NnT is more or less pure high fantasy and goddesses and demons are just 2 more races among others. Think Vorlons and Shadows, if you've seen Bab5.
>>
>>153967929
Demons are still evil by nature, Meliodas is the only exception and he used to be pretty damn evil.
>>
File: 1470646589618.png (189KB, 900x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1470646589618.png
189KB, 900x1300px
>>153964599
> Its ok to murder children as long as you're an angel

fuck you
>>
>>153968647
Well, apparently not entirely evil, as they still value family ties, can become lovers and as evidenced by Mel, who was among the most merciless of their kind, can still be turned to good. The series seems to head for "redemption is possible, even for demons" and Elizabeth and Mel seem to fight for that against everyone else.
>>
>>153969096
Those children were demons, they were evil and would be even more evil and dangerous when they grew up.
>>
It's almost as if the author has something to say about the nature of good and evil, isn't it?
>>
>>153970215

I don't think he has.

the whole thing reads more like a better version of fairy tail
>>
>>153970000
The Nazis and ISIS value family ties, that doesn't make them not evil.
>>
>>153969096

As said here clearly the goddesses broke the pact first. Demons probably stopped attacking anyone before that.
>>
>>153970995
>the whole thing reads more like a better version of fairy tail
Nigger what
>>
>>153971396
Godwin's law aside, you seem to have ignored the rest of my points. The series seems to head for a stance, that mutual peace is possible, even among such diametrically opposed forces, if they're willing. As evidenced by Mel, demons may have the capacity to grow beyond their initial disposition.

Besides, the series so far has been a bit ambiguous about what the true nature of the war is. You may assume it's some lofty good vs. evil thing, but I seem to remember that it's also rooted in a bit more mundane motivations, a battle for resources, as magic apparently flowed abundantly in Britannia, before it got soaked up by humans over the centuries.
>>
>>153964599
If I recall correctly, the ones that started the war were the Gods against the Demons and the other races joined.
Demons are what they jews would be if they fought back.
>>
>>153964599
What evil thing did the demons do?
Let me guess, they ate the souls of a bunch of humans is the only thing you will be able to say. Demons are inherently superior to humans, so if they have to, they eat them to survive. We eat animals to survive, and that doesn't mean we're inherently evil in nature. It's just the food chain.
>>
File: mastema.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mastema.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>153964599
Yeah goy kill all the demonkind they are evil and deserve to be exterminated
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.