[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just finished Katanagatari. Damn that was an excellent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 15691_katanagatari.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
15691_katanagatari.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
So I just finished Katanagatari. Damn that was an excellent final episode.

How did this "best girl won" meme start? Best girl obviously died in ep 7
I'll give her best theme though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRgf4Hsf6r4
>>
>>153872394
The final showdown between Shichika and the 12 swords was metal as fuck.
>>
>>153873678
I was grinning like an idiot once I realized they were going to do that.
>>
File: 1317269764199.png (2MB, 1920x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1317269764199.png
2MB, 1920x1072px
>>153872394
>>153873678
>>153873869

Bahasa Palsu Jazz'n Mix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wzXxTQeq58
>>
Last Battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYISAAIcyDw
>>
>>153873869
Everyone that watched and didn't hate it because second best girl won loved that.
I don't think any other anime ever did a boss rush.
>>
test
>>
>>153874450
Even if they did, I don't think they also actively threw away all the (superficial) progress made during the rest of the series.
>>
>>153874450
It was a great way to reflect on the journey while driving home the worthlessness of the collecting itself.

How do people feel about Togame? That revelation in the last episode gave me a whole new appreciation for her. Up to then I'd preferred pretty much every episodic girl we'd gotten, as cute as her antics with Shichika were.
>>
>>153875326
People either like or hate how her for dying words are telling the "truth" about her plan to Shichika.
I'm not a big fan of her either, but her death is one of the most interesting things about the whole anime, since you don't know if she was really telling the truth and wanted to kill Shichika, or even if she wanted she would be able to.
>>
>>153875517
I can understand that. I'm sure people who liked her for what she was like at face value through the whole show would feel betrayed.
The extent of how much of what she said about her plan was true aside, her confession let the pieces fall together around everything else regarding her. Her real objective, how she didn't seem to hold any grudge towards Shichika to an unnatural degree, and the Maniwa calling her cold and callous.
Personally I can't say I dislike her for any of it since she's portrayed as foolish, knowing of her own foolishness and yet not being able to change regardless. I just felt sad for her and how she chose to live, even if she deserved the fate she got. It was clear she loved Shichika and the journey they shared together at the very least.

It also makes that one scene from the Konayuki episode where she goes delirious from the cold, confesses everything was for revenge and wished she could have been happy with Shichika amusingly cruel in hindsight. Almost as cruel as that god damn fight teased in the preview for the Nanami ep.
>>
>>153876653
It just kinda goes with the theme of the show, and they even tell you directly at the end of it all: It's a story about failures, about people who didn't accomplish nothing, and might even died trying to do so.

The nice parts is that the ones who survive, Shichika and Hitei, are the ones that didn't have major objectives of their own. Shichika just wanted to protect Togame and go on a journey, while Hitei only lived to see the results of Shikizaki Kiki's works.
>>
>>153872394
Why aren't more shows like Katanagatari where they last 40 minutes?
>>
File: 114.jpg (50KB, 348x354px) Image search: [Google]
114.jpg
50KB, 348x354px
>Togame dies
Its not fair bros
>>
>>153878522
Cheerio ;_;
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.