[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has the anime industry already adapted the best the isekai genre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Has the anime industry already adapted the best the isekai genre has to offer?

Is it all downhill from here?

Or are there still gems out there waiting for their turn in the limelight?
>>
I believe they have yet to adapt Mushoku Tensei, Shield Hero, or Muv-Luv Alternative. Though all of those have manga adaptations already.
>>
>>153819068
What is Cross Channel?
>>
>>153819293
Old and busted.
>>
Kumo is by far the best isekai, but I can't imagine an anime adaptation doing it justice, since half of the story is about a sole spider in a dungeon monologing about silly things.
>>
LN publisher have litterally been enforcing a "no more of this isekai bullshit" policy since ~1 year ago so don't expect miracles, it's been on the decline for years.
Now it's manga time kirara that's reclining though, get on with the news gramps.
>>
>>153820267
>LN publisher have litterally been enforcing a "no more of this isekai bullshit" policy since ~1 year ago so don't expect miracles, it's been on the decline for years.
That was a writing contest, not a publisher ban.

Publishers will continue to grab whatever is popular on Narou at the moment and republish it for a quick buck and at the moment what's popular is still isekai.
>>
>>153820267
>LN publisher have litterally been enforcing a "no more of this isekai bullshit" policy since ~1 year ago
Then why did Faraway Paladin just get published only last year?
>>
>>153819068
>Has the anime industry already adapted the best the isekai genre has to offer?

Yes, its called 12 kingdoms.

>Is it all downhill from here?
Probably yes

>Or are there still gems out there waiting for their turn in the limelight?
Well, unless they adapt some of the really old Japanese novels, or the korean/chinese isekai then yes.

If we depend on contemproary Japanese isekai they go from bad to complete disaster. At most we could get something entertaining, like Mushoku tensei or Shinju no nectar.
>>
File: milf quest.jpg (607KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
milf quest.jpg
607KB, 1536x2048px
>>153820267
Isekai was banned from ONE single contest of short novels.

LN publishers keep publishing them. Not long ago we had a new Iseaki about a guy that travels to another world with his mom
>>
File: Yuuko_Takeru_Chibi.png (459KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Yuuko_Takeru_Chibi.png
459KB, 1024x768px
>thread is autosaging
This is an anime-related thread, mods
>>
konosuba is literally
>Fan service, the anime
Sao is
>Everything dies in one hit, the anime

Grimgar of fantasy and ash is real isekai
>>
>>153819068
>konosuba is literally
>>Fan service, the anime

You don't watch much ecchi do you?
>>
>>153821331
>Grimgar of fantasy and ash is real isekai

I strongly disagree.

Any isekai that forgets at the 5 minutes that is an isekai and goes into full fantasy territory is not a good isekai,

You could replace all the characters from teenagers from that world that got their village destroyed and absolutelu NOTHING would change.

Is the isekai part is not relevant at all, then it isnt a real isekai. Is just a high fantasy work in disguise.
>>
>>153821712
Fan service is not only tits and asses. Something that is just referencing things you know can be also considered fan service too
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.