[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have any hope that this movie will be around 2008

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: gits_trailer.jpg (368KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gits_trailer.jpg
368KB, 1280x720px
Does anyone have any hope that this movie will be around 2008 Speed Racer levels of passable?
Or you think it'll be Dragonball Evolution levels of bad.
>>
>>153797491
I expect it to passable as a hollywood blockbuster honestly. I dont think anyone is expecting a classic, but i think it could be casually enjoyable
>>
Have you seen the trailer? It's basically Robocop with a female MC. Section 9 are bad guys now, they removed all the cozy instrumental scenes... It's going to suck. Correct: It might be good, but it's not going to be GiTS. Maybe if you forget everything you know about GiTS then you can enjoy it.
>>
it won't be edge of tomorrow tier, right?
>>
>>153797661
Hey I was able to do that for League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and Constantine,
I CAN DO IT AGAIN.
>>
>>153799138
Depends if you really liked or really hated Edge of Tomorrow.

For me it was a real good scifi action that didn't have anything bad or anything breathtakingly amazing going for it, which means it felt into the obscurity of "nothing to wank or shitpost over" and so wasn't talked until it is kinda forgotten.
>>
>>153799138
I only hope it's not DB Evolution tier
>>
>>153799138
Was edge of tomorrow an adaptation?
If so NEWS TO ME.
>>
>>153797491
I hope it's as awful as possible and no manga will ever be touched by Hollywood again.
>>
At its core, Ghost in the Shell is a franchise asking what it means to even be human.

Based on the trailers, the live-action won't even be grazing the topic.

It will only be Ghost in the Shell in name.
>>
File: All_You_Need_Is_Kill.jpg (235KB, 787x1200px) Image search: [Google]
All_You_Need_Is_Kill.jpg
235KB, 787x1200px
>>153799386
>these are the people who don't browse /m/
>>
>>153799236
for me it was nicely westernized(not butchered) adaptation
>>
It's already looking like it's going to be decent in certain areas (Making of a Cyborg recreation and the robo-geishas) but Johansson's existence in it might ruin it, and the dumbing down of the plot for normals to understand shit more.

Might pirate after release/10
>>
>>153797491
Pork tacos are shit.
>>
>>153797491
They gonna screen the original in my local cinema a week before the live action, this is the only good thing that came out of this.
Unfortunatly they gonna shit on the plot with "hurr durr am i a hooman or a robut" bullshit. Way too fumble an oportunity to make a decent sci-fi
>>
>>153800609
Clearly you don't live around any taco foodtrucks.
>>
>>153797491
Here's the thing. If they adapt something that's a bit obscure, like AYNIK, there won't be enough of a vocal fanbase to rip it apart.

Dragon Ball was terrible as a westernization of 1. something that didn't really need westernization and 2. something that has a MASSIVE fanbase established in the west already.

For me, GiTS might be somewhere in the middle. It has an established base, but it's somewhat obscure in the west. It's getting westernized, obviously, but it seems to be faithful enough to some of the source, while not being a 1:1 adaption of the 1995 movie.

As a lot of people are saying, it probably won't be terrible. In fact, it might do well in the box office, but it won't be anything spectacular. There will be nitpickers, and genuine criticism, but I think it'll be like AYNIK in that people won't talk about it for long.
>>
>>153799833
this, hollywood needs to lose a shitload of money from both this and capeshit until they stop or at least slow down making sequels, prequels, remakes, reboots and adaptations.
>>
>>153802250
idk once in a blue moon an adaptation will be everything it is supposed to be and not only meet the fans' hopes but will promote the original content enough that people get into it.

Someday /a/ will get their equivalent of Sin City movie.
>>
>>153799149
Holy shit, your a fucking masochist Anon.
>>
It's going to be okay and you guys are going to like it.
>>
>>153797491
looks like a decent action flick. There's no room for this to be as hammy as the Dragonball and Speed Racer adaptations.

The less dialogue the better.
>>
I don't care.
I'm not going to watch it.
>>
>Batou has real eyes

No thanks
>>
Speed Racer 2008 was really good though
>>
I had a dream that I watched this movie and it was only aesthetically cyberpunk and was mostly a shitty revenge story.

Hope I didn't just send my memory of watching it back in time through pure anger.
>>
File: StandAloneComplex.jpg (697KB, 1218x1254px) Image search: [Google]
StandAloneComplex.jpg
697KB, 1218x1254px
>>153797491
No. I hope it's a financial failure and I've been using any angle I can to make it seem like a shit movie whenever someone I know brings it up.

I want hollywood to keep its filthy hands away from anime.
>>
Im excited it for it.

Will probably leave disappointed about something,
>>
>>153797491
It'll have solid reference to the source material but it will adapt it poorly.
>>
>>153797491
I'm disappointed they didn't go for manga Major and decided to mashup the GITS story-line with Oshii's version. I still have an open mind though.
>>
>>153797491

I wish it was Evolution tier, at least then I could laugh at it.

It's going to be a half-assed SAC episode with ScarJo putting me to sleep.
>>
I hope it will be so great as bladerunner was.
>>
>>153808031
Nah, that's going to be Bladerunner 2.
>>
>>153797491
It's going to look amazing with the cinematography and the effects and production design of sets and costumes.

But the actors chosen for Major and Batou are going to suck and the director made one movie, which was shit. So my faith in his capabilities to bring GitS to life is low.
Also the fact that people keep calling this the new Matrix is sad.

only hope I have is that this movie will make other american studios try their hand at anime adaptations like Gundam or FMA.
>>
>>153808031

Not even close.
>>
>>153801635
DB could be done but only if they were to do DBZ, which seems like what they were trying to do in Evolution.

With GitS, if successful, look forward to that westernized version of AKIRA.
>>
>>153808285
It felt weird watching them try to make King Piccolo all serious and western. The fact that the combined Goku's penetrating punch with a beam clash looked so awfully janky, it almost looked like they weren't sure how to make it look.
>>
>>153797491
Zero expectation, That way i won't be disappointed
>>
I love ScarJo. I think this will be a success.
>>
>>153797491
>2008 Speed Racer levels of passable
All style and no substance? I'd be impressed if they could manage that. As much as I liked the Speed Racer film for what it was, that kind of approach to a film adaption works better when your source material is something like Speed Racer than it does when it's something like GitS.
>>
There is only two good anime movies:

Akira
Your Name

Fact: Hollywood GitS will be shit because anime GitS is shit.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.