[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How closely does this series follow the unabridged book? To me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: gankutsuou_1.jpg (305KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
gankutsuou_1.jpg
305KB, 1280x1024px
How closely does this series follow the unabridged book?
To me it looks to be in the 'not even close' side of the spectrum.
>>
It follows the theme and major plot points in a very loose sense, but they are mostly preserved. Still, there is an obvious disconnect between this and the original.

Still, not a bad watch.
>>
>>153684411
Compared to the unabridged book, the series veers off pretty far. The basic premise is there and a lot of the characters, but it drifts of into its own original fanfiction in large parts. The POV was shifted from the Count to Albert, making him the mc and turning the Count into an antagonistic figure, without the redeeming points that made the Count such a joy of a character in the book. Characters are being shifted and changed a lot. For instance Eugenie's plot was completely rewritten (no lesbian eloping for her, but plenty of original male homo innuendo instead).

Taken as its own thing, it's still pretty engaging, though I think the book is a stronger story and it would have made for a stronger series if they had stuck to the original plot. The nifty shift to the scifi setting and maybe some restructuring of the events told (flashback to the counts origin, instead of linear), would have been enough of a novelty to make it feel fresh.
>>
File: ebwxvAz.jpg (30KB, 374x340px) Image search: [Google]
ebwxvAz.jpg
30KB, 374x340px
Best girl (male)
>>
>>153684411
I actually watched the anime then read the book right after.

The anime jumps in about halfway through the book and it follows Albert's perspective. The book follows The Count's perspective. Most of the story is "exactly the same" if you allow the anime creator to take some liberties since it's in Albert's perspective. A few difference according to my memory are:

-The baby that died then came back (in the anime)
-The ending (the anime's was better in my opinion, the book's is like "pls stop" "ok"
-How some of the killing of the 3 former friends happened

The anime is FAR CLOSER to the book than the """"Count of Monte Cristo"""" movies though, which are completely different and just use the basic plot to cash grab.
>>
>>153685318

God(dess) tier trap.
>>
>>153685398
>-The ending (the anime's was better in my opinion, the book's is like "pls stop" "ok"
I wouldn't say it's better or worse, but it does completely change the meaning of the story.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.