[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I watch Non Non Biyori or will it just make me suicidally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1487485281999.jpg (109KB, 846x819px) Image search: [Google]
1487485281999.jpg
109KB, 846x819px
Should I watch Non Non Biyori or will it just make me suicidally depressed when I get to the last episode
>>
You should watch everything sans the last episode, Asuka. That way it never has to end.
>>
File: happy.png (72KB, 244x241px) Image search: [Google]
happy.png
72KB, 244x241px
Just rewatch it once you get to the last episode and it never ends
>>
>>153683358
I haven't watched it and I already know the status quo won't change in the least bit from the first to the last episode, so you could always do this. Yet another SOL where literally nothing happens glorified by /a/.
>>
File: 1479266028469.png (522KB, 519x697px) Image search: [Google]
1479266028469.png
522KB, 519x697px
>>153683446
>Change in status quo is the only thing that matters
>Criticizing something you haven't watched

at least give it a chance, you might like it
>>
You should watch it since its best moe show after k-on, I dont get why it'd make anyone depressed.
And the sooner you watch it trough the faster you start forgetting what happened which enables re-watching it.
>>
>>153683617
I've already given many of these shows a chance, hell I fell for Hidamari Sketch thanks to /a/. I can enjoy a romance or comedy SOL, but I am just not the target audience for this CGDCT stuff.

What's exactly the appeal? What I've heard is mostly people saying its "healing" or "soothing" but I don't think everyone watching these is emotionally scarred. I look for entertainment outside of the daily routine, we already have a slice of life going on in our own lives.
>>
File: 1478796188039.png (127KB, 387x308px) Image search: [Google]
1478796188039.png
127KB, 387x308px
>>153683938
Well, for me the appeal is nostalgia I guess. NNB reminds me of what i used to do when I was in elementary school, and I like that since my recent life has been pretty stressful for me. Its escapism to something I can relate to.
>>
>>153683698
> I dont get why it'd make anyone depressed.
Because it reminds us that no matter how good, innocent or feels good something is, it will always end, like everything in life.
>>
>>153683938
>What's exactly the appeal?
It's just a calm, innocent and idealizing show to make you feel good and fluffy inside. If you watch expecting some sort of detailed plot, deep characters, dramatic conflicts or anything of the sort you will be disappointed, since healing is mostly about being relaxing and simple.

The appeal for me is that It makes me forget about all my problems and makes me feel good inside. There's also the fact that most of these shows end in a very bittersweet way, which is something I'm a sucker for.

Now if you want to know why so many oldfags wank to this type of shows, it's exactly because they lack pretense and thus, people don't expect much of them when watching it.
>>
I didn't really connect with the characters, but the backgrounds were really pretty so I guess that's a reason to watch it
>>
>>153686278
How can you not find Ren-chan endearing?
>>
>>153683220
I was ok with the end. It's just another run out the mill CGDCT. You'll watch another one right after.

Your Lie in April will make you suicidally depressed.
>>
>>153686313
She was too much of a "meme" character for me, I didn't really like her deadpan nature. I know a lot of people like her because of that though
>>
>>153685721
Its the human condition isnt it. You have to have downtimes to have uptimes.
>>
>>153686524
Exactly. People tend to think that these healing/moe anime have sad endings because they generally show the situation and scenario that once made the audience and characters so happy coming to a end, which reminds us that time spares no one and everything will come to a end, no matter how sad or happy it is.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.