[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people on /a/ dislike isekai? Isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 357
Thread images: 58

File: 378539.jpg (967KB, 1240x1748px) Image search: [Google]
378539.jpg
967KB, 1240x1748px
Why do so many people on /a/ dislike isekai? Isn't it your dream come true?
>>
No it's someones else dream come true that is painful to watch.
>>
>>153618645
Because they generally do nothing interesting with the concept.
>>
>>153618705
You know anime isn't real, right anon?
>>
>>153618918
He probably believes in the multiverse theory.
>>
>>153618918
You just need to make it a reality.
>>
>>153618645
I don't self-insert and I like proper fantasy anime
>>
>>153619353
This.
>>
>>153618645
Why does Emilia look like a retard?
Also because Isekai is writers trying to do fantasy but are too lazy to make an actual world so they just use video game logic.
>>
>>153618853
People from that time frame should like fantasy anime more, and isekai caused a massive resurgence of it.
>>
>>153618645
I'm far from a normie but cliched isekai with boring Gary Stu protagonists is just not entertaining. That doesn't mean all isekai is bad, though, and I don't think most people here automatically believe it is either.

Re:zero was OK, but far from a masterpiece and still played the genre very straight. Haven't read the LNs but I heard they're better. Had a huge following on /a/.

Konosuba is just a great fantasy-comedy series. Kazuma is a total loser but also a relatable flawed character. It could survive without the isekai elements, but the inclusion of them just makes it better because of the meta-humor and self-deprecation. Also has a huge following on /a/.

Overlord is the only "totally overpowered MC wrecks shit" isekai that I'm aware of which pulls off the concept properly rather than feeling like escapist/wish fulfillment bullshit. Yet again, huge /a/ following.

Basically it doesn't matter the genre, but if something is poorly written or panders too hard then it's gonna be shit.
>>
>>153618645
VOCAL MINORITY
The most popular shows in recent memory are Rezero and Konosuba

Dont let the memers fool you
>>
>>153618645
nah, fantasy settings always fucking bored me. why would I want to live in a setting without electricity, modern conveniences, and monsters and bad guys everywhere trying to fucking kill me? being a warrior must be a pain in the ass, never understood that fantasy.
>>
>>153618645
The problem is more so with how most authors handle the plot of their isekai.

Isekai itself is pretty much a freebie taken for granted by most authors; The groundwork for most of their world building is already done for them. Some authors don't even expand on the world building unless they need it to advance the plot which just shows how lazy they are and a lack of preparation.

However, the worst offense most isekai authors make is the mistake of writing it as a power fantasy. Miraculously everything goes in the MC's favor. There is no tension for the reader, nothing to motivate them to turn the next page wondering how the MC is going to get out of whatever mess he or she is in because they know the MC will solve the problem with nothing to worry about. There are little to no risks.

This kind of fan fiction tier garbage however manages to sell mainly off of the isekai setting that's handed to the author right from the start.

>>153619918
Try reading garbage isekai like Re;monster or Maou fucks every woman in his path and tell me whether they're good isekai or not.
>>
>>153619949
>The groundwork for most of their world building is already done for them.
What do you mean?
>>
>>153619879
Indeed, reasoning is better than just running around spewing "hurrrr isekai".

Beyond that, it's such a minor plot point in so many works of this "genre" that in reality it ends up no different than the straight versions of the real genre the series focuses on.

The problem with these works isn't that they're isekai, but that they're almost exclusively light novels or web novels by amateur authors. Generally the only thing isekai works do is provide "well, they're from (Japan)" as the source of power instead of "this is the chosen one", "this guy found magic item wow", or what have you. Sometimes it provides a shell that allows the author to create an unrealistic world, but its not like this is unique to isekai either.
>>
>>153618645
Isekai as a concept is as old as creative fiction.
Problem is that this concept has been used and abused as a shortcut for lazy storytelling in LN's, manga, and anime to such an extent that it has lowered the quality of the media as a whole.
Japanese businesses love formulas, and at their heart publishers and studios are money making machines with entertainment as a secondary goal. Its part of the post WWII culture of efficiency and production. Isekai lends itself to formulaic storytelling, so you can mass produce media with little effort, and for a business culture that loves efficiency, the plug-and-play adaptability of isekai is ideal.
>>
>>153620116
They're largely based on video games and use lots of video game mechanics so that they don't have to build their own magic/combat systems on their own. Take Konosuba for example, which for all intents and purposes is a video game just without an HP bar.
>>
>>153618645
They're just glorified MMO let's play videos at this point.
>>
they all usually have the same types of characters, especially protagonists. KS is an exception
>>
>>153618976
I bet your ancestors laughed when someone said that earth wasn't flat.
>>
File: consider the following yona.png (147KB, 313x319px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following yona.png
147KB, 313x319px
>>153618645
I guess each person have its own reasons, to hate it. In my case its because

1. Isekai breaks the immersion, probably to some people it helps to selfinsert if the character is from our world, but to me it completly breaks the immersion in the fantasy world.

2.The MC is good at everything, (Shieldbro, Overlord, Monster, Slime, Arifureta) all are the same, they can craft, they can fight, they have mostly unlimited resources, they have knowledge.

There is no problem on an OP character but it he knows everything and can do anything is simply boring because there is no challenge or expectation.

3.No effort is put into create a world that feels alive they just rely in elements we already know. And what is worse, they don't even bother in making those elements part of their setting, they just drop them in there and call it a day.
>>
>>153619949
Pretty much this, the videogame cliches don't make it for me in other media and overall it feels like fapfiction. Konosuba's way more tolerable since it plays it as a joke.
>>
>>153620481
If the world is already known, the author can spend much more time on events in the world or on characters.

In reality though, most isekai authors are just awful authors who fail to take advantage of the thing they're taking advantage of.
>>
>>153620237
>The problem with these works isn't that they're isekai, but that they're almost exclusively light novels or web novels by amateur authors.
So manga originals are alright?
>>
>>153618705
This. Most isekai stories are Coldsteel tier.
>>
>>153618645
No it isn't, because I'm not a faggot who relies on self-insertion to get involved in a story. The characters and plot are often bland and uninspired, and the settings are rarely ever worth writing home about, despite the fact that the setting of a FANTASY story should be one of the most interesting parts that draws the audience to the work.
>>
>>153618645
Because self insert is cringy whether it's a deviantart "artist" drawing their Sonic OC, all the way up to a manga/anime creator putting themselves in their harem fantasy the anime industry promised they'd get in high school but didn't get in reality.
I'm fine with ones like Konosuba since that's a comedy mocking the genre, Log Horizon because it was genuinely entertaining, and that one manga where a kid wakes up as Yamcha at the end of the Pilaf arc because Yamcha needs some love. Other than that the whole genre is cliche and tired already.
>>
>>153619691
>too lazy to make an actual world so they just use video game logic
This.
Video game logic with no rhyme or reason as to its inclusion far too oversaturated the genre. It's like they just wanted to make another "trapped in a video game" story, but couldn't contrive a good enough reason for that to happen, so they settled with making it an alternate world that they don't have to explain.
>>
>>153618645
Really formulaic. Tends to be really pandery which I don't like.
>>
Friendly reminder that Mushoku Tensei is the only good isekai. Rudy never becomes overpowered or the strongest character in the series. He fucks up A LOT. Nearly every arc has a huge "I just fucked up real bad" moment.

Then the world building is decently done because unlike most Isekai, where the MC knows anything and everything about the world and only explains to the reader when something is relevant, Rudy is transported to a world he knows NOTHING about. So everything he knows, we also know.

I guess isekai about actual fantasy worlds not video games are better in general. Like Grimgar.
>>
Why always fantasy? Why can't we at least some cyberpunk isekai?
>>
Does Youjo Senki counts as isekai?
>>
File: 1441322209647.jpg (112KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1441322209647.jpg
112KB, 400x500px
The problem is, Isekai's have a huge exploration and unique potential due to the themes of the genre BUT Japan does the same recycled shit that everyone else does.

>Japanese OTAKU/NEED/LOSER/OUTCAST/GAMER GUY
>some spectacular accident happens or just happens to be some unique person to encounter an event.
>followed by MC being able to defeat anything he sees and understands the world with ease due to his video game experience.

Like it's the same shit, The only two I've seen that have done it differently is

Overlord.
That one with the Goblins and crying over that sissy healer, Yeah that show was shit but they started from the bottom.
>>
>>153620686
The difference between manga and LN is the extremely low barrier for entry for LNs. With a manga you have to at least be dedicated or talented enough to be able to draw, and even still it's a lot of work. Or hire someone to draw for you.
On the other hand, literally anyone can make a LN in their spare time, and that's exactly what happens, especially now that LNs have evolved into their own medium. You don't need to type or write well, you can do it your spare time, and the audience have already established that quality of writing doesn't matter, so long as the character designs on the cover are cute and the MC is self-insertable, YOU TOO can be a successful LN author.
>>
my main problem is they go nowhere. every fucking series is 12-24 episode LN adaptations that end up with "read the LN translations" that go on for usually 10+ novels of redundancy.
fuck even with the LN's half the time they themselves get axed or groups just drop them altogether after a few years.

it's just such an unfulfilling genre.
>>
>>153620964
How was that one about army guys vs elves?
>>
>>153620964
>Rudy is transported to a world he knows NOTHING about
This is most Isekai, though.
The worlds just never get properly expanded upon because not even the author has a clear idea of what they look like or how it works, therefore the audience in turn gets left in the dark.
>>
>>153620986
Of course.

>>153620973
Because they might as well just make a cyberpunk story into futuristic fiction, there's no reason to be transported to another world/universe to make a high-tech setting. You can even incorporate cryo-freezing or something similar if you're dead
>>
>>153621028
Manato... ;_____;

I liked it. Also, that Yume-- MUH DICK.
>>
>iseakai
literally /v/
it's not anime.
>>
>>153621153
>if you're dead
sp00ky
Dunno why 4chan posted that before I was done. Anyway;

You can even incorporate cryo-freezing or something similar if you're dead-set on having the MC thrown into a world he knows nothing about and has to stumble through blindly at first.
>>
>>153621159
>;_____;
fuck off
>>
>>153621073
Gate?
I've never really looked into it, seemed like just modern military strategies vs fantasy which isn't really my boat.

Kumo desu ga is pretty good too while on the subject of isekais.
The first part is a chore since it tries to mimic a game, but past that everything is glorious.
Fucking gods, dragons, and dying stars.
>>
File: 1452448398739.jpg (664KB, 1383x1415px) Image search: [Google]
1452448398739.jpg
664KB, 1383x1415px
>>153621159
The girl designs were the best thing about it, They were really top quality.
>>
File: kill me..jpg (65KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
kill me..jpg
65KB, 411x412px
Self inserts are just as bad as the dense harem leads of the 00s. Why can't japs write a decent fucking protagonist?
>>
>>153621295
You write what you know. The reason incest shit is so popular is because that's the only women many of these men have talked to.
>>
>isekai with a female character
>does a twist on it that I like
>double down on another twist that it instantly ruined the series
>>
>>153621545
Wasn't it more like the second twist cancelling out some elements of the first twist?
>>
No Game No Life was fun.

Overlord was fun too.

Most Isekai are insanely overindulgent though and I can't help but feel like it was written to pander directly to me.
>>
File: 24.jpg (258KB, 874x1236px) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
258KB, 874x1236px
Yachiyo is the cutest isekai MC.
>>
>>153619918
YOI has sold more than both combined but that doesn't mean fujoshit is all the industry cares about.
>>
>>153618645
>Worst girls of their respective series
>>
>>153619691
>Why does Emilia look like a retard?
Because she's cosplaying as one.
>>
File: CuuxiyyVYAEbX6p.jpg (176KB, 1090x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CuuxiyyVYAEbX6p.jpg
176KB, 1090x1000px
I just wish Japan would stop gamifying their fantasy settings to hell and back. Stuff like levels shouldn't be a thing in a fantasy world.
>>
>>153623830
Honestly anon.
You've never done a boring chore for hours on end and then suddenly you're doing it way faster?
That's when you level up.
>>
File: degeneration of culture.jpg (178KB, 802x676px) Image search: [Google]
degeneration of culture.jpg
178KB, 802x676px
>>153618645
90% of bad isekais are basically god tourism.

MC gets progressively harder challenges they swat away with ease and an excuse plot to introduce more females of various races/personalities.

Don't even talk about making the series hang on a single point to detach it from the competition.

Shittest tier: cheat skills, breaking system
Shit tier: appraisal abuse, divide mind abuse
Meh tier: modern knowledge
Interesting tier: no RPG system in new world

System and its numbers are fine, but ultimately they detract from story.

The one isekai I found nice was Release That Witch, but even then, plasma cutter, killer microbes and magic paint appear at too convenient moments and it's starting a dive as well.
>>
>>153623830
I sometimes get the feeling like it makes sense, and other times like it's completely retarded. I mean some Isekai do explain it in some way or another. Kumo has it be an artificial system to steal power from souls. While I know a few kind of just go, the gods did it.

I know there's one where a guy was reincarnated as a dragon and technically levels only really exist for him and other people blessed by god, and when they appraise people(actually not a skill named appraise but the effect is the same) what they see is an approximation of the person's talent and abilities summed up as skills and stats. Though that story kind of ruined it by making some other aspects of the world gamey, like monsters all evolve after gaining experience from fighting, and the areas and monsters are set up kind of like terrain and type specifically counter to logic(such as a rain forest right next to a desert).
>>
>>153618645
No, I'm not faggot. It's just painful to watch.
>>
>>153618645
I dislike a lot of isekai because it's badly made from a storytelling perspective. I particularly don't like how lots of isekai settings make use of RPG mechanics. RPG mechanics were invented to model fictional fantasy worlds within the context of a game, they are not meant to represent the actual fantasy world. The people in the fantasy world shouldn't know about the statistical side of it, they shouldn't know about XP, HP, MP, etc. - it's a mathematical model, not the fictional reality. Another side I don't like is how they are very often badly designed in terms of coherence. The art direction is usually generic JRPG crap, the settings don't make sense in terms of the technological side, etc.

The wish-fulfilment side doesn't bother me too much and it pains me to be mixed up with normalfags and tumblrinas who are get mad about the harem elements or other types of "pandering".
>>
>>153620481
>1. Isekai breaks the immersion, probably to some people it helps to selfinsert if the character is from our world, but to me it completly breaks the immersion in the fantasy world.
This is main reason I hate concept (what was way older than any current Isekai stories). Ruin immersion and its goes oposite of escapism for sake of wishfulment and self insert.
Other points are still something what can done better.
>>
>>153620973
>Why can't we at least some cyberpunk isekai?
Not anime, but wouldn't Demolition Man be considered Isekai?
>>
>>153620563
See, I hate KoNoSuBa. I thought the joke would be "the guy is useless," but the anime is hardly self aware enough to make it a joke - he spits new skills out of his ass every episode, and the legitimately skilled one on the team is thrown under the bus half of the time. Aqua is the butt of all jokes, it's not really that fair. Whenever something happens and she, or the other girls save the day it's always kazuma saying "we, we, we did it etc" but nigger no THEY did it, you pull through ONCE OR TWICE, you suck. But maybe it's just me, the anime seems to glorify him. I thought it would be "this fantasy isn't what you would expect and you'd probably be bad at everything and not be the hero, the girls won't throw themselves onto your dick" but its not. It could be so much better.
>>
>>153620964
>konosuba
>not good
I mean I know it's a comedy and not played straight but you can't say it's not well written. Actually you can, it's your opinion. But I'd be interested to know why you don't like it if you've read/watched it.

>>153621073
>>153621249
Looking past the JSDF propaganda and the protagonist's retarded otaku origins (pretty much everything else about him is fine), GATE isn't too bad. After the initial fucking everything up that you'd expect from a modern military vs medival cavalry it becomes more about how world governments try to interact with and exploit the new world, which is fairly interesting.
>>
File: subaru in tales of.png (399KB, 475x550px) Image search: [Google]
subaru in tales of.png
399KB, 475x550px
>>153624763
>RPG mechanics were invented to model fictional fantasy worlds within the context of a game

MOTHERFUCKING THIS.

Its so simple I don't understand how Japanese authors and audience don't see it.

RPG represents fantasy, not the other way around. You can only do it backwards if you pretend to make a parody (which isn't the case for most isekai).
>>
>>153625407
Go to bed, damegami
>>
>>153618645
Because reddit likes isekai and I think I speak for /a/ when I say we rather have more mindless moe/haremshit anime.
>>
>>153620889
> and that one manga where a kid wakes up as Yamcha at the end of the Pilaf arc because Yamcha needs some love
Wait, what? I'm gonna need some sauce on that. That sounds kinda hilarious. Is it a doujin?
>>
Most of it gets really boring.

"Durr my shitty self-insert transferred to a new world and got all these OP abilities and suddenly gained a harem and oh now I'm so cool and strong and powerful but despite that I'm still as pure as snow, I promise!"

If I wanted to read shitty fanfiction there's billions of it on the internet.
>>
>>153625683
I'd like to add that not only do they pointlessly use a lot of RPG mechanics, they often butcher them beyond comprehension. Stat growths make no sense, its stupidly easy to grow at exponential rates, the systems always seem to be so broken that the only things that present a challenge are overleved opponents.

I just personally want to rant at the fucking trope of I WENT UP ONE TIER IN POWER WHICH SUDDENLY MAKES ME 5X STRONGER. Wow, where's the tension, it turns into a game of whoevers the most autistic at training/leveling has an insurmountable advantage.
>>
>>153627219
This. It's just self insert fanfiction. When you look at the type of crowd that buys these LNs it makes sense.
>>
>>153627326
That sort of power wank falls apart at the first sign of asian overachieving culture. "If you aren't level 8 by next week I'm disowning your sorry ass kid"
>>
File: What we need more of.jpg (686KB, 1934x1320px) Image search: [Google]
What we need more of.jpg
686KB, 1934x1320px
Wake me up when best Isekai series get animated
>Mom comes with you on adventures
>Sent to a world where you become the husband of a delicious brown queen

We need the era of Older Women to start sooner.
>>
>>153627436
What I think is worse even. Is when the MC is seen as crazy and one-of-a-kind for being an autistic trainer(grinder). And yet every single MMO ever released ever has dozens if not hundreds of people who forsake their life and health to play the game constantly. Real life is the same, theres always plenty of people with ridiculous dedication to a discipline.
>>
>>153627576
What's the name of the mom one?
>>
>>153627576
>brown queen
I thought it was just a bad scan.

>>153627698
Okaa-san wa Suki desu ka
>>
File: 169996l.jpg (57KB, 311x450px) Image search: [Google]
169996l.jpg
57KB, 311x450px
>>153627698
Tsuujou kougeki ga zentai kougeki de ni-kai kougeki no okaasan wa suki desu ka?

It literally just started but the first volume sold a lot. They also have based Pochi as the artist.

>>153627738
No
Brown queen
>>
I completely stopped reading Japanese Isekai novels. It always seems that there's nothing going on in those series as the MC faces little to no real challenge physical or mental.

Nowadays I only read the Chinese Isekai due to my sadism and autism towards grinding.

as for anime Isekai, like shoujo manga, anime filters most of that shit out and is adapting series that could be considered actual stories and no just SoLs involving an all-powerful Japanese person.
>>
anyone ready for Tatsuya as a mech-building trap form /m/?
>>
>>153627326
series like LMS, WMW, and the first 200 chapters of Kumo did the RPG function correctly. Their MC powers give them an edge but doesn't make them "the most powerful player with the most powerful build ever because of Hard work and Grinding!"
>>
>>153621448
>You write what you know
If you're shit at writing maybe.
>>
>>153628663
I started on LMS, but I was having issues getting through the first parts. Is it just really slow at the start?
>>
>>153627326
That's because they aren't really having in count those rpg mechanics, the rpg mechanics are just there so the reader feels a connection, but they will ignore it all the time.

Its already bad when you have asspulls just for the sake of main character, but when you create rules just to ignore them is even worse.
>>
>>153628893
my experience goes like this

real world parts = garbage
royal road parts = awesome

and yes it does start out slow I think the turning point is when he actually becomes the titular job title
>>
>>153628353
Well, at least you read the LN a now how things go later.

But those of us that only read the manga version...we only manage to see the first chapters, and on those all chapters are basically the same.

We rarely see the part where these stories start to differ from each other
>>
>>153622835
sauce
>>
>>153629090
there's literally no point in reading LN/WN adapted manga ever. except maybe Ore ga Heroine. anime WHEN?
>>
>>153629255
Nirvana
>>
>>153629465
thank
>>
>>153629311
Translation when?
>>
>>153618645
I'd rather enjoy an interesting story than watch an author jerk off for 26 episodes.
>>
File: 1460133853773.png (447KB, 959x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460133853773.png
447KB, 959x720px
>>153618645

Because the writing is contrived as hell, most of the time, to the point where it's insulting. What makes it worse is that most of the people that enjoy them don't even realize when its happening.
>>
>>153625407
Konosuba is told from Kazuma's perspective, of course it would glorify him.
>>
>>153620481
>2.The MC is good at everything, (Shieldbro, Overlord, Monster, Slime, Arifureta) all are the same, they can craft, they can fight, they have mostly unlimited resources, they have knowledge.
>There is no problem on an OP character but it he knows everything and can do anything is simply boring because there is no challenge or expectation.
To be fair, you're reading some of those for the wrong reasons. For example, Overlord is about the character development; it was established very early on that nothing in the world is a threat to Momonga, so why would you treat it like a generic shonen where the MC would face progressively more powerful enemies?
Do you also dislike YuruYuri because no one is ever threatening to kill Akarim
>>
>>153630106
Real talk, YuruYuri would've been much better if something were attacking those girls.
>>
>>153630234
Or if they had to fight off aggressive christmas cakes that have turned to lesbianism in desperation.
>>
>>153621545
Are you talking about the spider isekai?
>>
>>153629629
This. It's even worse if you actually speak moon, because you can read the bottom-barrel trash that no one is even willing to translate.
>>
>reborn in another world
>now i cant shitpost
just fucking great
>>
>>153630658
But if you can read moon, you can also read the cream of the crop that nobody is willing to translate.
>>
>>153630106
Not to mention Shieldbro, even if he was able to do EVERYTHING, he doesn't have much standing ground compared to the other heroes. Even when he does get some, he's periodically thrown into extreme situations where he's barely able to come out alive.
>>
>>153618645
Pretty sure /jp/ invented Isekai on 4chan.

They were the first on 4chan to tell people that the only way to enter Gensokyo was through a similar method to Isekai protagonists.
>>
>>153618976
Certain mythologies promote multiverses like Hindu.
>>
>>153620964
MT is shit and you know it.

Hilarious how it took for the author to release those special chapters for MT that backlash finally appeared.

Sorry, MTfag.

Your author just wanted to force his fetish of incest down everyone's throat and tries to badly justify it.

The fact this hack can't move away from MT and is stalled shows he's a one trick pony.

Besides, shoujo manga had isekai long before MT's author wrote the first chapter of his web novel.
>>
>>153624683
Kuro no Maou still has MC getting curbstomped.

MC is trying, though.
>>
>>153632065
MT looks like a fucking masterpiece when compared to all the other WNs

as a work of fiction I give it a C what with it being enjoyable and having something that actually looks like a story structure.
>>
>>153627576
I hate the MC in the Brown Girl Isekai because he is just so fucking retarded that it hurts to read.

He lets a merhcant steal his ideas and doesn't even think to patent the idea so the merchant makes profit from MC leaking Earth ideas and technology and MC is fine with that even though the more ideas stolen, the less profit he can make on his own.

Like who the fuck brings DVDs of Japanese TV comedy/variety shows to another world instead of actual documentaries or videos that teach you shit?

I like how the author also makes up shit like how people in this fantasy world don't suffer oral disease so it was fine for MC to not bring any toothbrushes much less toothpaste.

How fucking convenient.

So this is why MC can't eat a shit ton of sweets everyday without worrying.

Yeah, MC wastes precious printer ink to print out shitty dessert recipes for the castle chef to make.
>>
>>153628353
Chink shit is even worst.

Don't kid yourself.

Chink authors make it a goal to make 1000 chapters as well.

Nobody has time to read all that shit.

Also, majority of chink protags are all steroid/drug abusers.

Pills. Pills. Pills.

Fuck off. I rather just read a Pharmacist LN instead of Chink shit if I wanted to read about fucking pills all the time.
>>
>>153632238
It has one of the worst harem I ever encountered.

Eris was reduced to just grunting for the rest of the story once the harem was formed.

She stopped speaking in complete sentences which is really sad.
>>
Fuck trucks
>>
>>153632378
to be fair WMW isn't about pills

it's about fucking wizards and their no sense of right and wrong (also LMS is gookshit)
>>
>>153632065
Incest? What incest?

Did he fuck his sisters finally?
>>
>>153632456
yeah but they were god-tier before they were brought together

still masterpiece compared to other WN harems who are basically just the MC's cheerleaders
>>
>>153632300
>I like how the author also makes up shit like how people in this fantasy world don't suffer oral disease so it was fine for MC to not bring any toothbrushes much less toothpaste.

You're making me want to be reading an Isekai where the mc is eating sweets and suddenly they get Tooth Decay Resistance level 1.
>>
>>153632614
no Aisha fucked his son
>>
File: 16.jpg (327KB, 874x1236px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
327KB, 874x1236px
>>153632468
How do you feel about planes?
>>
>>153632665
People forget these days but bad teeth literally killed our ancestors. No joke.

You could even say wisdom teeth used to be a death sentence for some people.

Seriously, how did our ancestor survive even when sugar was hard to get?

Those primitive toothbrushes I glimpsed online look like they would hurt and wear away your teeth compared to if you just leave them alone.

Human teeth were a mistake if you ask me. If only human teeth were similar to shark teeth because Sharks can continually cycle in complete sets of healthy teeth for the rest of their life.

Would we even still have dentists? There probably wouldn't be a fake teeth industry but I wonder if we would have still have braces.
>>
>>153632468
Truck-kun is not for sexual! Do not lewd the Truck!
>>
>>153632468
>>153632758
>>153633022
When self driving trucks become mainstream, how would Isekai authors react?
>>
>>153632977
Literally 100% of human dental problems are the result of agriculture making high carb foods a majority of our diet. Even the wisdom tooth problem. Our jaws actually do not even develop properly as a result of this diet, which causes wisdom teeth to not have enough room to grow in.
>>
It doesn't need to be its own genre and I hate how everything gets measured like it's a video game stat
>>
>>153625407
babby's first unreliable narrator
>>
>>153633099
>AI driven systematic murder
>>
File: 1457522173720.jpg (162KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457522173720.jpg
162KB, 1280x720px
>>153625407
Kazuma is the most useful party member though. It's true he shits out genuinely useful skills, and it's true that on paper Aqua is the most useful and strongest party member. The problem is that Aqua is a moron, usually needs to be told by Kazuma what to do (do you think she could've figured out how to beat Verdia on her own? We're talking about the same goddess who sold her wintercoat to buy firewood because she was cold, in clear view of wooden boxes, straw and shrubbery) and often causes as much trouble as she solves.

I'm a filthy anime only fag but supposedly there's a chapter in the LN where Kazuma switches parties for a while, and it works out really well for him because he's actually in a group of competent people and everybody covers for eachothers weaknesses.

>>153633188
Is that so? Do you happen to have a source on that?
>>
>>153633795
>>153625407
yeah the joke is that their flaws are so big that it overlaps their strengths

kinda like 8-bit theater where they're basically parodies of their particular class
>>
File: 1475102760448.png (107KB, 293x369px) Image search: [Google]
1475102760448.png
107KB, 293x369px
>>
Aqua looks really good in the elf-slut's gear
>>
File: aqua butt.gif (945KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
aqua butt.gif
945KB, 640x360px
>>153625407
Mods should start banning Aqua
>>
Because they dislike anything that is popular. You can tell Isekai is popular just by looking at the "popular series" lists on manga sites when the Isekai series release a chapter. At any given time, I typically see 3-4 Isekai on Batoto's popular series list.

Also there are some pretentious faggots who think that any story where you are supposed to self insert as the MC is bad. There are bad Isekai, but Isekai is not inherently bad.
>>
>>153620275
There's was a time in the old days where it is literally possible to mass produce dime novels by inserting and mixing around lines and scenes.
>>
>>153632378
It depends how long the chapters are. A lot of the Chinese shit has chapters that are way shorter than Japanese chapters. I have to hand it the Chinese translators, they take their work much more seriously than the Japanese translators. They make a release schedule, and they stick to it religiously. Some series get a release every day! With Japanese stuff, I usually just give up and read the raws using software to convert everything to Romaji since the translators are way too fucking slow. You'll be lucky to get a few chapters a month.
>>
nah isekai is good, all those shit posts and that one shitty isekai tried to trick me into thinking it was bad
>>
>>153618645
Because they are all literally the same, with all the same generic MC's who're so dense and stupid and can't use common sense.

>>153618705
>>153619353
This
>>
Where does Dungeon Defense lie on the tier list of isekai?
>>
>>153637583
in fact that's probably the main reason I read chinkshit

it may take 100 or so chapters to get anywhere but at least those 100 chapters are translated
>>
>>153638046
gookshit tier
>>
>>153638046
Why do they even call it dungeon defense? There was no dungeon defending going on at any point other than the prologue when he killed those weak shits. Of course I only read the first 2 volumes; do they start defending a dungeon later?
>>
>>153638322
Because he was born into the world from the game <Dungeon Attack>.
In <Dungeon Attack> you play as the the hero, killing the demons. The LN has the opposite situation, thus it is Dungeon Defense.
>>
>>153621056
This is true but hardly limited to isekai.
>>
File: 1487022187660.jpg (106KB, 508x751px) Image search: [Google]
1487022187660.jpg
106KB, 508x751px
>>153618645
It's time for my favorite thread on /a/, the isekai shitposting general.
>>
>>153638322
You didn't read volume 3.
He goes full on communist and it is glorious
>>
>>153639180
>D will never give you chocolates on Valentines day
Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing.
>>
>>153638322
Vol 3 and onwards might as well be a completely different novel. Republican succubi happen.
>>
I just want an Isekai MC with an ounce of testosterone.

The kind that actually uses a shield and bashes it in peoples face or goes adventuring and instead of dual wielding he has a torch/lantern in one hand because he doesn't have magical perfect night vision. Walking around in at least half plate and not just magically dodging every attack.
>>
File: 1487022797972.jpg (89KB, 507x751px) Image search: [Google]
1487022797972.jpg
89KB, 507x751px
>>153639670
On one hand they're apparently really good, on the other they're abominations made of chocolate that force themselves into your mouth.
>>
>>153639737
Kamigoroshi kinda has what you want but I think you won't like it.
>>
>>153639737
Goblin Slayer, but that's not isekai as far as we know.
>>
>>153639914
>implying I didn't read that

Read what was translated a few months ago and it's really just some guy denigrating himself constantly while other people are in awe.
>>
>>153640203
meant for
>>153639824

Goblin slayer is cool though I just wish there was more stuff like it
>>
>>153619879
I don't think it's a stretch to say that KonoSuba has power fantasy wish fulfillment elements there. Kazuma acts as an audience surrogate, is still the most competent and reliable among the main four, and several girls want his dick. It fortunately avoids being a cringeworthy mess that makes you feel disappointed in people you've never met who enjoy similar stuff though, because the wish fulfillment elements are secondary to it being a fun comedy adventure with strong characterization and distinct character dynamics.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (192KB, 876x970px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
192KB, 876x970px
You may as well give up on opposing the <Isekai> trend.

It will only get <worse> from here on out, even <Respected Translator>s can only succumb eventually to what is <Popular>.
>>
>>153621028
Youjo Senki is probably the most unique isekai out now
>>
File: paladin_cover_rgb.jpg (32KB, 273x400px) Image search: [Google]
paladin_cover_rgb.jpg
32KB, 273x400px
>>153639737
The Faraway Paladin may have what you are looking for.
>>
>>153640614
My problem isn't with Isekai it's with bad Isekai

Literally nobody is translating Hans no Junan right now or really any of the good series that aren't pandering trash.
>>
Isekai is the First Person Shooters of anime.

It's not a bad thing by itself; the bad thing is when everyone tries to use the formula for quick cash, resulting in an over abundance of clones.
>>
File: 57104465_p0 (1).jpg (1MB, 5870x2892px) Image search: [Google]
57104465_p0 (1).jpg
1MB, 5870x2892px
>>153640203
Eh, I've had fun with KENS, considering every single threat above goblin tier forces the man to think on his feet or rely on other people instead of just going "god am I" and solving everything like that.
>>
>>153640713
Youjo Senki does a pretty silly portrayal of warfare though.
>>
>>153640730
Where can I pirate it?
>>
File: 1487218249708.jpg (3MB, 3900x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1487218249708.jpg
3MB, 3900x2500px
>>153640730
This needs to get an anime as soon as possible. There is little time left to save the industry.
>>
>>153641034
Never heard that one before
>>
>>153632758
is that shinyaku ika musume?
>>
>>153640954
you can find it in goddess's vault as usual.

But it's only seven bucks and I'd really encourage buying it if you can afford to, and I don't say that about most light novels.

couple of reviews
http://suitablefortreatment.mangabookshelf.com/2017/02/07/the-faraway-paladin-the-boy-in-the-city-of-the-dead/

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/faraway-paladin/novel-1/.112124
>>
>>153641144
doesn't seem to be it

source please >>153632758
>>
>>153641144
Are you making some kind joke?
>>
>>153641129
You can safely disregard anything people try to shill ala DD, Release that Witch and Paladin. God, I remember the times when fucking Moonlight Sculptor was popular.
>>
>>153641203
that's what I found on yandex
>>
File: Jnovel.jpg (611KB, 1361x1724px) Image search: [Google]
Jnovel.jpg
611KB, 1361x1724px
>>153641167
>>153640954
Plus the translators are just cool guys and deserve shekels for their DMCA policy.
>>
It's a plague on the fantasy genre. Can't write or sell without the crutch of having an ordinary high school student from our world warp in to fuck all the princesses. It's mind-numbingly limited in how it always plays out. I'm not saying it can't be good, but that everyone is piling on it right now. At least that upcoming magical Shimakaze show is supposed to be pure fantasy.
>>
>>153632300
He didn't go into the new world with any sort of ambition. It's pretty much him throwing his old life away to live comfortably without the need to work anymore.

Why would you want the stress of having to try and bring about technological revolution when you can just chill around? That's being lazy as fuck yes, but not retarded. Sides which, if he was really ambitious in any sort of way then that may have resulted in brown not wanting him as a husband in the first place.

Basically, you don't like that MC isn't acting like other isekai MC's, aka change the world and (try to) be important in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>153640867
Doesn't change the fact that's it's an isekai that doesn't revolve around a neet in a video game world with his own harem.
>>
>>153641362
It is, the current party is a witch, a dogman and a tigerman.
>>
File: CZfV736UUAEx-JB.jpg (85KB, 526x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CZfV736UUAEx-JB.jpg
85KB, 526x1024px
>>153641362
>At least that upcoming magical Shimakaze show is supposed to be pure fantasy.
Have the main duo, not pictured a dog dude and his mistress' daughter.
>>
File: IMG_20160414_001942.jpg (90KB, 343x563px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160414_001942.jpg
90KB, 343x563px
>>153641706
Dapper tiger.
>>
>>153638147
Seconding this

Really hard to deal with Japshit when the MCs are usually terribly beta, it still takes a long time for anything to happen, and updates never.

While in chinkshit mcs are edgy, but at least entertaining in their edge rather than frustrating. It still takes a long time for stuff to happen but stuff updates constantly are frequent enough you can put the series on the backburner for a month and marathon to the climax of the arc.
>>
>>153632300
Two volumes in and I'm starting to agree with you. I thought there would be at least some focus on the MC trying to improve his world, but instead we get more wish fulfillment.
>>
File: isekai.png (2MB, 1400x1616px) Image search: [Google]
isekai.png
2MB, 1400x1616px
Fuck it. What would make the best isekai series?

1000 years in Paint
>>
>>153632300
He wanted a life-time vacation, he has exactly zero interest in bringing a cultural and technological revolution with him.
>>
File: JDnTYXV.jpg (125KB, 691x960px) Image search: [Google]
JDnTYXV.jpg
125KB, 691x960px
>>153641773
Why are white tiggers so bro
>>
>>153618645
because almost every isekai under the sun is masturbatory shit.
>>
>>153641254
The difference with Paladin is how incredibly anti-modern it is, it's almost a Western work of fantasy.
>>
>>153641404
>>153641960
Even if he didn't want to make a massive change politically, how about culturally? Download all of Shakespeare's plays, get a scribe to translate them to alternate world-ese, then have cultural enlightenment.

It really bothered me with that scene where the MC talks about how they have glass in his world, but the best he could muster is a reality show where hosts try to make it because "muh backlog". Seriously, the entirety of Wikipedia is about 50 gigs, why couldn't you just bring that?

Not to mention how the MC brings a fridge, video games, AC, etc. to help beat the heat, but he never teaches anyone else how to do it. He doesn't even have to do any hard work - just bring some "how to" guides and transcribe it for them.

Also, out of all the names their child could get, they chose Carlos?
>>
>>153641904
An isekai about a group of people getting isekaied and being fed up with the world they have ended up in then becoming sky pirates.
>>
File: 6ca42aaecd9edd879f01f17271ae3b4b.jpg (394KB, 1920x2007px) Image search: [Google]
6ca42aaecd9edd879f01f17271ae3b4b.jpg
394KB, 1920x2007px
Don't mind me, just posting best Isekai.
>>
>>153642229
You're missing the point, all he wanted to be was a lazy asshole.
>>
File: arifureta-cover-400.jpg (54KB, 284x400px) Image search: [Google]
arifureta-cover-400.jpg
54KB, 284x400px
>>153641324
>there are hundreds of great novels that haven't been translated so why focus on one that has?
They say that, and then go and licence nonsense like Arifureta.
>>
>>153618645
the people who cry the most also cry the loudest, they are not the majority
>>
>>153624763
>RPG mechanics were invented to model fictional fantasy worlds within the context of a game, they are not meant to represent the actual fantasy world.
Thank you!
>>
>>153642510
The cover kinda makes me want to make a viper edit.
>>
>>153642489
Even if he did want to be lazy, just bring some info along and have others do it. He did it with Arabic numerals.
>>
>>153641194
It's a manga called Nirvana. The MC is (supposedly) the reincarnation of one of the three heroes who saved the other world in the past, and is also (supposedly) the one who created a cycle of reincarnation where anyone who dies in one world, reincarnates in the other. She didn't even know about the two other heroes until one of them showed up and kicked her ass with the same type of power she had. The first people the MC met were apparently backwater fanboys of her past incarnation and didn't mention anybody else.
>>
>>153641904
Did you use a monkey paw to make that chart?

Magic girl I guess.
>>
File: 179909l.jpg (122KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
179909l.jpg
122KB, 424x600px
Anime adaptation when?
>>
>>153642812
What did you think, that isekai would just be a better life overall for you?

>>153642855
How would it even work? MC is an inanimate object with googly eyes, whose sole power is to dispense refreshing beverages and soup for money.
>>
>>153633795
>supposedly there's a chapter in the LN where Kazuma switches parties for a while
http://mangapark.me/manga/kono-subarashii-sekai-ni-shukufuku-o-akatsuki-natsume/s5/c13
I think at least the manga version is worth a read.
>>
File: WishyWashyBanjo.png (34KB, 195x209px) Image search: [Google]
WishyWashyBanjo.png
34KB, 195x209px
>>153642855
>>
>>153642948
>How would it even work?
Hopefully with constant shameless advertisements for vending machines and their products.
>>
>>153642948
>>153643023
I think someone mentioned it can class change into other types of vending machines?
>>
>>153643073
Yea he can change type, some products require it, after a point he buys vending machine level 2 or whatever it is called which allows him to transform into service machines, such as a washing machine/drier, and vending machine for washing cars(in this case it really just seems to be what you use to get the sprayer rather than an entire car wash, I don't think he even ever uses the soap).
>>
File: 1481331369666.jpg (56KB, 640x701px) Image search: [Google]
1481331369666.jpg
56KB, 640x701px
>>153642948
>What did you think, that isekai would just be a better life overall for you?
I'd hope it wouldn't be a massive downgrade.
My life isn't all that bad. And if you read western fiction you have thousands of titles of guys going off and getting better lives.
This ranges from uplift by aliens, to the whole genre of 'sword and planet'.

Now, my real problem is the limits placed on me by fiat.

Why can't I leave my town and why can't I fight?
How fair is it to have the most powerful beings just hate me?
Oh look a killswitch to stop me from having fun.
Huuurrr now you're the spaceship!.

>How would it even work? MC is an inanimate object with googly eyes, whose sole power is to dispense refreshing beverages and soup for money.

He got some power ups and has a loyal companion.
>>
>>153621545
I dropped it after all that god shit started too anon.
>>
File: reality vs fiction.jpg (78KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
reality vs fiction.jpg
78KB, 800x450px
One of the things that kills it for me is the Nip protagonists. You expect me to believe that a girl or group of girls, most of which are considered beautiful in their own world fawn over a Japanese boy? Not just any Nip either, it's usually an unpopular neet who is a complete failure at life.

I know it's pure wish fulfillment to the otaku who make up the LN consumer base, but my suspension of disbelief can only go so far.
>>
>>153643386
>Why can't I leave my town and why can't I fight?
You still live in a world of swords and sorcery. You're just not the main character.

>How fair is it to have the most powerful beings just hate me?
Sonzai Ekksu only wants you to believe in him, while Tanya just wants her country to win.

>Oh look a killswitch to stop me from having fun.
It's almost as if you have to find a way to keep yourself alive. Either that or help DIO to win.
>>
>>153644332
>You still live in a world of swords and sorcery. You're just not the main character.

And why can't I leave? Why can't I use what I know to shape my own destiny?

All the first options gives is go back to the dark ages and be a farmer or a shop keeper, that's physically unable to leave his home town because... magic.
>>
>>153618645
I don't like "People from today are warped to fantasy land" openers.
Why do so many people do this?
It's like... getting eaten by a giant snake is easy enough to process, but writing from the perspective of a man who doesn't own a PlayStation is INCONCEIVABLE.
And then I begin to suspect that the whole venture is just some self-insert travesty meant to EXCLUSIVELY titillate the author, not the reader, and thus will probably not be fun for me.
So I go read something else.
QED
>>
>>153643073
Yes he can change into any vending machines that he had used before he reincarnated.

It's unexpectedly a fun novel.
>>
File: Arifureta_LN_vs_WN.png (1MB, 1920x5185px) Image search: [Google]
Arifureta_LN_vs_WN.png
1MB, 1920x5185px
>>153642510
They gotta pay the bills same as anyone else.

There's very probably a market for Arifureta translations that don't read like they were translated by a robot (see pic related).

Remember it was quite popular in the WN English community, and according to the company boss Realist Hero actually surpassed Grimgar in popularity on their site i.e. people WANT the trash isekais.
>>
>>153644490
What? you don't like Digimon Adventure?
>>
>>153644490
I bet you don't like any SoL shows either since all of those start the same and mostly end the same as well... just like all those school based animes.
>>
File: 2d.png (1MB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
2d.png
1MB, 1280x768px
>>153618645
I hated them before the trend became NEET/Otaku/Shut-in characters, and much preferred just straight up fantasy with no connection to earth. Shit like MAR and Dog Days were a wasted opportunity with normies being sucked into those worlds.

The societal outcast was the twist the genre needed.

>>153620964
Mushoku Tensei is the shit. It defies your expectations

>MC actually goes after loli booty
>You think his dad is some honorable knight, but he's a scumbag that cheated on his wife and knocked up the maid
>Psuedo-eternal loli actually has a realistically sad backstory since even though she's got the mind of a grown ass woman, any dude her age mentally that's into her would be considered a sicko

>>153622721
It's wish fulfillment which is why I watch/read a good half the shit I watch/read in the first place. Now they're just cutting the bullshit though

>>153630906
Invent the internet over there
>>
>>153644490
>And then I begin to suspect that the whole venture is just some self-insert travesty

That's exactly what it is. If you want good fantasy, Isekai stories are absolutely off the table.
>>
File: ovvzJgj.jpg (98KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ovvzJgj.jpg
98KB, 1000x1000px
While I dont exactly hate Isekai, the few light novels I read had some problems.

>magic system lifted straight out from D&D 3.5 or jrpgs

Cmon at least be a little creative, make up your own magic system, look for inspiration in old religions and they way those people believed in magic and how it was used.

Truth is even western literature is full of "isekai" trash, but at least they try with new magic systems and different cultures.

>less dick sucking

One or two good main heroines can carry the whole story, you dont need 456985 girls dick sucking the mc every chapter, you dont even need romance that much.

>less dick riding

Rai-Kirah saga literally opens with the mc being made into a slave and being whipped into oblivion, its not isekai, but its fun reading how the mc would deal with his new life as a slave, and how he would earn his freedom.

In a isekai novel the mc would "awaken" to his hidden power before the first whipping, and thats boring, alright you want your mc overpowered at the end, okay, but at least make him earn it, I want to watch him sweat blood and struggle with all might to earn his power, not just sit down and enjoy ultimate power from chapter 1.

Honestly I really wish for a isekai where the mc is made into a slave in a fantasy world, is forced to work almost to death, and is forced to use his wits to escape slavery and make his way in the world.
>>
>>153644840
>You think his dad is some honorable knight, but he's a scumbag that cheated on his wife and knocked up the maid
To be fair, I'd do the same as the dad if I am at my prime, but haven't get any action from my wife because she's pregnant, and that sexy maid who is also my teenage crush openly seduced me.
>>
>>153644840
Is there something such as a novel that defiles expectations? whatever that means
>>
File: eareo0k1806y.png (406KB, 496x700px) Image search: [Google]
eareo0k1806y.png
406KB, 496x700px
>>153638046
We need a isekai infographic. It's the hot new shit replacing the high school battle harem as the copy-paste story, i demand a fucking tier list
>>
>>153644174
It's not rocket science. The vast majority of the market for these types of stories are in Japan, usually young male otaku. And these stories are self insert fantasies, there is not going around that fact.

Honestly, I still prefer isekai to battle harems. But both of them are trash tier anyway so it's not saying much.
>>
File: battle harem.jpg (1MB, 1700x1850px) Image search: [Google]
battle harem.jpg
1MB, 1700x1850px
>>153645035
So an isekai version of this?
>>
>>153644995
This has a proper magic system, only one "heroine", and no dick riding.
>>153640730

Unfortunately it is an exception that proves the rule. I personally suspect the reason it is so different is because the author is very widely read in various Western works of fiction in a variety of genres, whereas the people who write most web novels have only watched anime and manga with these types of cliches and can only draw on those for inspiration.
>>
>>153641904
Here's an isekai that hasnt been done
>japanese middle aged office worker dies from a car crash
>Gets reborn in the peroid around 1980-90 in west coast usa as a black man
>proceeds to use his brain and knowledge from the future like asians would to succeed but his crew and the hood keeps holding him back.
>not happy he's black but at least his dick is twice as long and hes got a harem but they all black and asians dont really like blacks.
>>
>>153645246
Jesus, how old is that image? It doesn't even have Highschool DxD or Negima. Also that eye cancer choice of background color.
>>
>>153644812
Isekai isn't like Digimon anymore, except for Nirvana.
>>
>>153645409
>proceeds to use his brain and knowledge from the future like asians would to succeed but his crew and the hood keeps holding him back.
STRAIGHT BUSTA
>>
>>153645246
Some of those brings back some memories. Out of all of them I only enjoyed Trinity Seven. That soundtrack was god tier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a51AnGWyrw
>>
File: moon-led-journay-1.jpg (441KB, 504x740px) Image search: [Google]
moon-led-journay-1.jpg
441KB, 504x740px
>>153618645
Because shit like this is classified as a decent issekai. With standards that low it's no wonder why we hate it.
>>
>Isekai starts with interesting concept
>MC decides to introduce modern innovations to the world
>Have ridiculous levels of knowledge on the thing they want to introduce including all the things that have to be set up to make it happen such as agriculture, engineering and trade as if their entire life revolved around it before even if nothing is stated to support this

This kills it for me every time.
Bonus points if they do it more than once.
>>
>>153618645
>isekai
Stop forcing this retarded normalfag's pandering word, nip scums.
>>
>>153618645

It wouldn't bother me as much if they at least tried to do some worldbuilding, instead of just copypaste the latest crappy jrpg the author played.
It's worst when the world isn't even supposed to be a videogame and still they have "levels" and "stats".
>>
>>153645944
This is what made me drop Death March. To the level just above arifureta.
>>
Why do jannies/mods keep archiving isekai threads before they've actually fallen off the board? Happened to an arifureta thread earlier that was at >450 posts.
>>
>>153646427
How odd, i thought people stopped posting there.
>>
>>153645992
The fuck are you saying
>>
I caught up on Isekai Taneuma.
It's not going to have a happy ending is it?
>>
Just make it fantasy from the start
Why does there need to be a "suddenly they're drawn into this other world"
It's not like they explain how they can understand each other and other dynamics
Then they just borrow common tropes and write some elementary level japanese
I hate isekai but it won't die anytime soon
>>
>>153646541
Isekai doesn't exists, it's far way from being an actual or right term besides the possible marketing. Nips are fucking worldwide shitposters.
>>
>>153619879
>i'm far from a normie

whatever you have to tell yourself, kid.
>>
>>153646560
>be slave
>be okay with it
>don't plan on ever getting revenge

Well I guess being trapped in a 6x8 cell with one meal per day and never seeing daylight again is a-ok as long as you can have sex whenever your master wants. I thought for sure he would do something with his ability stealing powers but it seems he's content to be milked as a stud the rest of his life.

Doesn't he realize he can fuck wo/men whenever he wants without being a slave?
>hey baby wanna fuck? I'll give you a [skill] afterwards
>>
>>153646799
Isekai is literally the nip term for "another world" and appears in a lot of titles (rezero hajimeru isekai seikatsu for example). It's just a word.

The real nip meme is ORE TUEEEEEEEEEEEEE which means roughly "MY POWERLEVEL IS OVER 900000"
>>
File: proof.jpg (61KB, 581x570px) Image search: [Google]
proof.jpg
61KB, 581x570px
>>153645284
>Unfortunately it is an exception that proves the rule.
Stop using outdated expression.
It hasn't meant anything since when "proof" stopped meaning "put to the test."
>>
In all honesty as far as anime goes all the isekai so far have been the subversive ones that have something actually atypical about them. Overlord, Konosuba, Re Zero, Youjo Senki. Even fucking Dog Days was a little different, and Zero no Tsukaima is a classic

I think the upcoming Death March anime is the first that is an unapologetic "oh god I am so overpowered but literally nothing fucking happens" WN to get adapted, and I hope it fails miserably.
>>
I need the list of all current isekai novels, pls.
>>
>>153618645
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ptz4BOAH5c

2 hours in paint
>>
>>153646427
Apparently, Isekai LN/WNs aren't related to Anime/Manga. I got a warning before because I made a thread for Isekai LN/WN.

Just make sure to use a LN/WN that already has anime/manga adaptation and post with the manga image to start an Isekai thread.
>>
>>153618645
Not really, its just the vocal minority and I agree with this anon>>153644759
Or they're just tsundere about it.
>>
>>153647346
Does matinee animes like Oda Nobunaga fall into that trope? It would be very wierd.
>>
>>153644759
>read like they were translated by a robot (see pic related)

>While in the darkness, He have seen a revolving lantern while hearing the sound of the wind.

>As a Japanese citizen himself, if he was to express his opinion when he come to this world.

>Savoring the misfortune in this sequence of events is now progressing.

>Majority of people will sigh in this beginning of the week while recalling the paradise that happen in the previous days.

>The whole school is extremely evil for him. Probably because of depression.

>Otaku's criticism is certainly strong in public society. Originally, even though it has an scorn degree, it will not have an hospitality here. Then, why the boys hospitality and contempt. A girl suddenly intercept.

>Just a moment, please notice this tempest of bloodlust! Your real interest is in petition but he couldn't say it. After this, surely, someone will take me in compulsion behind the gym.

>The noise is like to pray for doing something like killing Hajime.

>>153647811
Light novels are so intertwined with anime and manga that I don't understand, IIRC a few years ago a mod said they should be allowed.
>>
>>153647811
>>153648228
>not banning the Isekai word all together
>>
>>153640614
Good, good let the narou infection spread far and wide boys, そう、これからだよね~
>>
>>153647730
that copy paste
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 14867986731930.jpg (169KB, 1024x677px) Image search: [Google]
14867986731930.jpg
169KB, 1024x677px
It will only be a dream come true if it was 2D.
>>
>>153618645
Because they heart it's a "new" trend (despite being old as fuck), so they must hate on it to fit in.
>>
Was anyone even able to even find this? I couldn't so I waited until now and I still can't find it. It was supposed to release on New Years Eve
>>
https://frogkun.com/2016/05/05/w

>During my adventures on the Japanese web, I rarely see people say anything good about the recent trend towards isekai stories.The stories are frequently dismissed as shallow, masturbatory and full of cheap wish fulfillment.
>It’s overdone, they say. It’s trite and cliche. Stop adapting so many of these stories into anime.

>Japanese readers have even come up with memes to make fun of the recent trends. 「俺TUEEEE」(“I’m so strooooong”) basically means “Overpowered MC”. When a story is filled to the brim with all the various wish fulfillment tropes, it’s referred to as a narou-type work.

>The Japanese fandom is like the English fandom in the sense that the majority of internet commentary about this trend is snarky and negative, but a significant number of people are hooked on these stories nevertheless.

>In this interview on 4Gamer.net, the blogger Umetsubame claims that others look down on narou stories because they think that people should work hard in order to succeed. Yet in real life, lots of people try hard but fail to succeed, while others do nothing and succeed anyway.

>“In fact, the idea that if you try hard you will succeed is more of a fantasy.”

>If it’s taken as a given that people cheat their way to the top in society, then in order for a narou protagonist to succeed, he needs to be placed into a world where his own particular skills can be used as cheats. It’s no surprise, then, that the vast majority of isekai stories are based on JRPG-inspired worlds.

>“More than anything else, one’s memories of playing a game summon images of happiness and adoration.” In other words, people these days don’t really experience that warm feeling of success outside of clearing a game.

>Japan is past its economic bubble, there is no job security for young people, and in order to get hired you need to bury your individuality. Narou stories function not only as escapist fiction, but also as an affirmation of this particular worldview.
>>
>>153649188
You sound very new yourself.
>>
File: 0f3f699f2c8d9657096918dced1533ee.jpg (195KB, 736x1090px) Image search: [Google]
0f3f699f2c8d9657096918dced1533ee.jpg
195KB, 736x1090px
Only good isekei coming through
>>
File: ss+(2017-02-19+at+12.15.33).jpg (49KB, 492x531px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-02-19+at+12.15.33).jpg
49KB, 492x531px
>>153649120
oh my fucking god
>>
>>153649188
Pretty much and majority of them wouldn't touch a WN with a 10 foot pole. Some of the complaints in this thread are just plain retarded.
>>
>>153649596
Are Death March and Arifureta anything other than irredeemable trash, then?
>>
>>153649188
>relying on "Isekai"
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>153642213
So it's unoriginal trash with metric tons of pointless world-building and weak narrative that's stuck in the 50s?
>>
>>153649416

Hail to the fucking KING!
>>
>>153649847
Hey, it's a change from the Japanese side of things at least.
>>
>>153650063
Groovy
>>
>>153649847
>pointless world-building
>weak narrative
People who watch anime have zero right to criticize any of those points in a work of another medium.
>>
>>153648917
I'm a bit upset about how similar the eyes are, but even they're ...kinda different?
>>
>>153650198
You're in a thread complaining about a trend that's a few years old, defending the equivalent of decades old rancid trash. Saying something is like western fantasy is just an insult and it's been that way for years.
>>
>>153645749
But it is good. MC's godlike power isn't something just glossed over, most of society that learns about it freaks the fuck out of a humanoid nuclear warhead walking around.
>>
>>153618645
It's instant gratification shit, not working hard to obtain results.

World building is limited to JRPG/video game mechanics.
>>
>>153640954
homuwaifu is the answer. Goddess
>>
>>153651036
Plenty of anos are spoonfeeding your cancer ass here, shut up.
>>
File: Insert5.jpg (671KB, 1027x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Insert5.jpg
671KB, 1027x1400px
>As she spoke, Mutsuko wrote on the whiteboard: “Isekai Survival Discussion 4: Psychological Resistance to Killing in an Isekai War.”

>It was part of a series.

>The second discussion had been “A Developmental Psychology Approach to Learning Isekai Languages”; the third had been “NAISEI: The Strengths and Weaknesses of Crop Rotation.” Yuichi had forgotten most of what they entailed.

>Incidentally, NAISEI was a term mocking the use of anachronistically modern knowledge of governance in isekai portal fantasy stories.

>“Now, today’s ‘what do I do if I end up in an isekai’ is about war!”

>“Now that you mention it, isekai don’t tend to be very peaceful places, do they?” Yuichi thought back on many different isekai fantasy stories he had read. They always had some kind of fighting in them.

>“We tend to think of isekai as being less civilized than modern Japan, with a high mortality rate!” Mutsuko said.

>“That’s right. I spend a lot of time worried about what I would do if I ended up in a world like that...” Kanako said worriedly.

>“You spend a lot of time worried about that?” Yuichi asked. It seemed like a strange thing to spend your time thinking about.

>“Yes!” Kanako responded earnestly. “You never know when a portal to an isekai might open!”

>“Anyway, it’s possible that an isekai will be rampant with magical creatures and dangerous life forms, but the most dangerous predator is man, right? If you’re in the middle of a war zone, or thrown out onto a battlefield... what would you do, Noro? Could you kill someone?”

>“Huh? Me? Probably not...” Aiko said after some thought.

>“What if it’s kill-or-be-killed? They’re isekai people. They have nothing to do with you, right?”
>>
File: The Party Meets a Lich.jpg (2MB, 800x2949px) Image search: [Google]
The Party Meets a Lich.jpg
2MB, 800x2949px
I feel like fantasy authors who have actual tabletop experience or RPG knowledge naturally make better stories, but I don't really have any proof to back that up, that's just a hunch I have. Like I have no proof that the women behind Dungeon Meshi and Konosuba have even played any video games like Final Fantasy, but they represent fantasy settings and world better than 90% of other people out there. And yes, you can hate Konosuba as a meme anime all you want, but it does make really good use of it's RPG elements and world
>>
>>153651601
>“Even so... I don’t think I could.”

>“That’s right. That’s probably the answer most people would give!” Mutsuko had likely asked Aiko because she would give the answer she was looking for. If she had asked Natsuki, things would have gotten a bit more complicated. “I think this is rather well-known, but you may not have heard it, so I’ll explain it! The question is: can people kill other people?”

>“Well, people kill people all the time,” Yuichi said. “The news is full of stories about wars all over the world, and individual murders, too.”

>“Those are exceptions. Well, I guess it happens too often to just call them exceptions, but... For now, let’s take ‘people can’t kill other people’ as our conclusion, and work backwards.”

>“Is that really true?” Aiko asked doubtfully.

>Yuichi felt the same way.

>“Let’s start with this. The discharge rate of firearms from the American army during World War II was between 15 and 20%. Most people couldn’t fire, even when there was an enemy soldier in front of them, which suggests a strong resistance to the idea of killing another human being. They say that even under orders, most soldiers intentionally missed.

>“When we think about war, we usually think about soldiers in a berserker frenzy, bloodily tearing through other soldiers, but the truth isn’t really like that. In other words, humans have an instinctive resistance to killing each other. This is something we’re proud of! It’s why we use the word ‘inhumane’ to describe serial killers! We’re saying people who kill people aren’t really human. They’re basically monsters.”

>“And if you think that’s just because we were more culturally sophisticated by World War II, well, it’s believed to have been the same in ancient times. The casualties in hand-to-hand combat back then were a lot lower than you’d expect.”
>>
>>153619691
>Why does Emilia look like a retard?

She is mentally 13 years old
>>
>>153651636
>“Tons of people died during Japan’s Warring States period, though,” Yuichi offered, thinking back on scenes from the countless period dramas he’d watched. Movies weren’t shy about showing people killing each other during war.

>“You probably think so because of the flashy portrayals in fiction. But most of the people who fought back then were farmers. You think they were going to start killing people just because they were dragged onto a battlefield? The key back then was mainly to get a lot of people together and shout out, ‘Hey, you can’t beat us! Surrender already!’ and make a big show of fighting so that they think you’re going to kill them so they say, ‘Oh, we lose!’ If you can secure victory quickly, no one has to kill each other needlessly.”

>Mutsuko said this as if she’d seen it firsthand.

>“People back then weren’t too different from people today, psychologically speaking. It’s not easy to kill just because someone tells you to. So if you’re in an isekai where there’s a war going on, don’t you think the same would apply? Let’s move on with that assumption in place!”

>Yuichi had always assumed that people in the old days had had no problems killing other people. But maybe that idea was rooted in bias.

>“Okay, now here’s the issue. If people can’t kill people, it makes it hard to wage a war, right? This is important to know if you want to use modern day knowledge to cheat! The question is: how do you create humans who can kill other humans? This is a fundamental of combat more important than tactics or strategy.”

>Mutsuko sounded truly gleeful as she spoke.

>“There’s a lot of examples about how to do this, but let’s use the American army as an example. They knew you couldn’t win a war if your soldiers wouldn’t fight, so they did a lot of research on this. This research got the firing rate of soldiers in the Vietnam War up to 90%.”
>>
>>153651682
>“They used psychological conditioning. It’s a little too complex to go into detail, so let’s use a relatively easy-to-understand example: practice shooting human-like targets. In the past, gun range targets had been just the unmoving round kind, but they turned the targets into realistic humanoid ones and had the soldiers practice firing at them as they jumped at them. They’d dress balloons in combat uniforms, or fill them with red paint so they would burst with ‘blood’ when shot. Eventually, that got the soldiers to instinctively shoot other humans, and after enough time passed, they began to see the enemy as nothing more than targets. They convinced themselves it was targets they were shooting, not other people.”

>“Um... still, that all seems a little absurd...” Aiko was scowling. It wasn’t exactly a pleasant thing to hear about.

>“That’s right. No matter how much training or justification you give them, you can’t completely remove a person’s resistance to killing! That’s why they conditioned the soldiers in the Vietnam War to kill people that way, but it meant a lot of them came home traumatized."
>>
Now and then here and there has me 1000% convinced it would be shit, same with SAO and RE:ZERO, konosuba does a good job of convincing me it wouldn't be an absolute shitastrophy but even then, that's
"anime" isekai, not "real life" isekai which would mean that, grimgar, just everything convinces me that I, you and possibly anybody who'd dane spend time on 4chan would die, slowly and painfuly, maybe even over and over and over. No thanks, I'd rather stay at home and watch anime than getting raped and beaten by goblins, or Hamdo's men or Betelgeuse etc etc etc, even if there's shrine maidens and magic involved, I'm fine with all the possible ways to die in real life, I don't need to worry about some stray fireball flying through window
>>
File: Derp Ninja.jpg (21KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Derp Ninja.jpg
21KB, 240x240px
> Panties reincarnation.
First was a damn vending machine, then a sword, now a pair of girl underwear.
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/panties-reincarnation-im-a-pair-of-panties-so-what/
>>
Is Grimgar Isekai?
>>
>>153651983
Obviously
>>
File: Capture2 - Copy.jpg (88KB, 938x385px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2 - Copy.jpg
88KB, 938x385px
>>153618645
Isekai is absolutely dreadful, there is nothing redeeming about it.

It's like looking at a 30 year old failure writing down his perfect wish fulfillment dream. Hell I wouldn't even mind it if the main character wasn't such a god awful irritating faggot turned mary sue all the time

>oh look, I'm a young teenager who does absolutely nothing but play video games all day, now all of a sudden I have a harem of beautiful !european girls who are SLUTTY BUT PURE SO I DON'T HAVE TO MAKE ANY EFFORT AND DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH ANY COMPETITION, FUCK YOU TAKESHI FROM SCHOOL I LIKED HER FIRST
>did I mention my video game skills make me the toughest and somewhat the smartest guy here?
>oh but I'm also super deep and actually suffering inside silently, but play the conscientious nice guy with a ~~**dark past**~~

It's one pathetic guy's perverted chuunibyo shit played straight
>>
>>153618645

Isekai hate feels like hipster behavior in its purest form. While the genre has the potential to be the most cringe worthy Gary Stu wish fulfillment trash imaginable, every popular isekai work has done something interesting with the concept.

Re: Zero throws the protagonist into hell rather than paradise, and he's poorly equipped to deal with the problems that he brings on himself. His view of himself as some sort of special hero is a key dramatic point of the story.
Konosuba also inverts the protagonist's expectations, but takes more of a bumbling smart ass hero team approach.
Digimon is indeed a grand adventure in an interesting setting.

There's really no season to hate something just because it uses the isekai trope. It can be used as a great premise, especially considering that anyone who enjoys videogames has undoubtedly entertained a fantasy along those lines at some point.
>>
>>153641904
Being the ship is the only good option.
>>
>>153652284
What about Muv-Luv Alternative?
>>
>>153651636
>>153651682
>>153651710
I remember seeing exactly that in a video once with the same examples.
>>
File: hero union bbs cool guy sage.png (327KB, 800x1138px) Image search: [Google]
hero union bbs cool guy sage.png
327KB, 800x1138px
Hero Union BBS is the best isekai.

Sage is the best boy.
>>
>>153652372

I suppose, but it's a bit different from the "You're the hero of a videogame now!" premise that people tend to complain about.

There's also Overlord, which gets much closer to playing it straight than Re: Zero and Konosuba, but has an interesting protagonist.
>>
Any isekai which MC is a sea raider?
>>
>>153652284
Hello literal autistic. Go grab some pussy
>>
File: 012_1483739272.png (373KB, 888x1263px) Image search: [Google]
012_1483739272.png
373KB, 888x1263px
>Reincarnates into fantasy world
>Has dumpster tier mana so he has to be clever with how he uses magic (thus creating his special MC style) and is in fact incapable of throwing fireballs
>Minor nobility but is treated like shit because he has black hair so cheating rumours and mom died in childbirth
>Saves his asshole brother's life and proves himself as a warrior so his father basically says anything you want is yours and implies he could be the new heir
>Gets the generic beastgirls slave contract and burns it up so they can start over as friends
>Even proudly displays his family crest because he understands why his father hated him and forgives him

No clue if the LN is good because nobody is translating it but why can't more people be not terrible writers like this one.
>>
>>153652617
That's not how you say Freeter
>>
>>153652954
>nobody is translating it
I'm sensing a pattern here.
>>
>>153652954
What's this one?
>>
>>153653239
Isekai wo Seigyo Mahou de Kirihirake

LN has 4 untranslated volumes and manga has like 12 chapters out
>>
>>153618645
I'm not an underage ESLfag and I like proper fantasy adventures that aren't written specifically to be the escapist fantasy of some angsty 14 year old faggot.
>>
>>153652617
lol sage.
>>
>>153652284
They have to fit in.
>>
File: JNC DMCA.png (57KB, 1348x361px) Image search: [Google]
JNC DMCA.png
57KB, 1348x361px
Why can't Yen Press be as based as this?
>>
>>153653291
Thanks for the info
>>
>>153652284
>There's really no season to hate something just because it uses the isekai trope.
Statistically speaking however, throwing a blanket prejudgment at the entire isekai genre filters out a massive, massive quantity of timewasting garbage, at the cost of only a handful of diamonds. It was the same for the magic school battleharem genre.

Because even if trashiness isn't inherent to the portal fantasy, the vast vast vast majority of Japanese isekai stories out there right now are endless recycles of the exact same trashy tropes, to the point where other non-isekai books are mocking them as in >>153651601

>NAISEI: The Strengths and Weaknesses of Crop Rotation.

If it wasn't the case that such a massive proportion of isekai stories didn't include some kind of neo-imperialist Japanization fantasy where the MC comes upon a world of savages and grants them his superior Japanese citizen's knowledge of CROP ROTATIONS to uplift them from barbarism, this reference could not be made.
>>
>>153654077
>*such a massive proportion of isekai stories did include

Miscounted my negations
>>
So I've heard a rumor that recently Light Novel Contests in Japan no longer accept entries that use Isekai plots. Is it true? I looked arpund and can't confirm it so I'm almost certain that it isin't. But maybe my google fu is to weak.
>>
>>153654314
There was one contest that banned them last year (Syousetsuka ni Narou was one of the partners)

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-06-30/short-story-contest-bans-traveling-to-an-alternate-world-fantasy/.103755

>The contest has announced that it will not be accepting any submissions with plots about "traveling to alternate worlds" or "being reincarnated into other worlds." According to the contest website, any genre is allowed, including fantasy, horror, and drama, but only alternate worlds are banned.

Meanwhile, a different contest that did not have such a ban (https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-07-08/light-novel-contest-overwhelmed-with-alternate-world-entries/.103996) produced entries like

>"The Unparalleled Saint Salaryman and the Road to Surviving in an Alternate World,"
>"Alternate World Station Café"
>"Alternate World Brothel Manager"
>"Item Collector in an Alternate World"
>"This Alternate World's Magical Language Looks Just Like Japanese"
>"Doing My Best to Pet Fluffy Things in an Alternate World."

And the Grand Prize winner with a publication deal and a 1 million yen prize

>The Chronicle of the Male Virgin Who Travels to the Alternate World Chiirem [cheat + harem] and Gains Healing Magic."
>>
>tfw wrote a novel
>tfw realized after it was done it was technically Isekai
>>
>>153654465
I should write a story called "The Interesting Alternate World where the Concept of Isekai Does Not Exist".
>>
>>153654314
Nah it was only 1 contest because the isekai stories always keep winning.
>>
>>153654077
I'd love to see a story where the MC's loose knowledge of things is below the indigenous level.
Maybe with a cheat power for prosterity's sake, but the MC doesn't notice it and obsesses over "muh wizdom" and "muh kultur."
>>
I wish there was more isekai like the Yamcha one.
Bonus points if MC doesn't outstage the established main character like Goku.
>>
>>153654521
Will the MC use his knowledge of isekai to write a masterpiece novel in this world?
>>
>aqua wears it 200% better than emilia

JUST
>>
>>153654713
Well China had figured out a three field rotation of wheat, millet, and soybeans by 85 BC. So it's reasonable.

Or I can imagine a story where the MC thinks >oh boy I'm gonna teach them crop rotation, only to realize that the necessary crops for the rotation he is familiar with have not been domesticated or introduced yet, or he doesn't recognize any of the crops they are planting.
>>
>>153655249
I'd watch something like the second one. Knowledge of everything is fine, but having to do legwork to actually apply it makes things interesting.
>>
>>153654713
Early to mid Muv-Luv Alternative?
>>
>>153649120
>Megameme is still the best
>>
>>153654713

I'd like to see an isekai story about an arrogant modern youth who believes himself to be wiser than the idiots of the old world, only to repeatedly discover that he doesn't know anything useful about anything.

>can't defend modern social ideas that we take for granted (i.e. representative democracy, due process, etc.) against people who think that these ideas are retarded; no "enlightened" character stops by to spare him the burden of thought and establish anyone who disagrees with him as a villain
>can't describe any of our modern technology in such a way that anyone can actually implement it

He only lives to discover how useless he is due to charity, and this is occasionally threatened by his tendency to be an unbearable twat.
>>
>hikki NEET MC kills himself because of severe depression
>gets reincarnated into a fantasy world but the depression never goes away
>kills himself again because of severe depression
>and again and again and again
>pisses of god so much he makes the MC immortal
>isekai story where a downer MC tries to find a way to cure immortality

Shenanigans.
>>
>>153655496
I want to see a isekai that something similar to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvKIWjnEPNY happens. With MC-kun being the equivalent of Arthur.
>>
>>153655496
If I traveled to a isekai with a copy of the Communist Manifesto, assuming I can get a printing press working, how long would it take me to start a worker's uprising?
>>
>>153655855
How long would it take for you to seize the means production?
>>
>>153654970
Yes, but none of the inhabits will "get" it.
In a bout of apathy, self-insertion, and recursive story framing, the author then writes the book he's in.
The last line is the author wondering if the world ends when the book does.
>>
>>153618645
The last Isekai I watched was MAR and the greatest problem with that is that the Isekai'd MC turned into a invincible Gary Stu who everyone relied on to solve everything wrong with the world. Basically, it was as bad as the other fanfiction where X goes to Middle Earth and solves everything.

I don't watch most 'isekai' shows because chances are they are high fantasy world RPG derivatives. I'm not a fan of those games so even if I wanted to self-insert I could not care less.

This brings me to my main beef with Isekai. Why is almost 99% of every Isekai derivative of a fantasy setting? There's a lot more worlds out there then the happy world of elves and heroes beating up the Orcs and it's like Japan keeps churning out one world.
>>
>>153655249
>So it's reasonable.
The vast majority of knowledge is fucking ancient.

Two New Sciences by Galileo (and derivative works), electromagnets/Lorentz force (and derivative works), and Einstein's relativity (and derivative works) are basically the only new things.
Same deal for skillsets, except improved communication forced the quality of fraud to improve.
>>
>>153655978
Blowing up Merlin's tower was funny, but that book was shit. Especially the second half.
>>
>>153655992
What if the chosen one just incarnated into the normal world for the first part of their life to avoid becoming a spoiled cunt?
>>
>>153655992
It's easier to be "superior" if you get isekai'd into a fantasy-medieval setting.

Problem is instead of using modern know how they just steamroll with hax powers.
>>
>>153655855
Marxism says you can't have socialism until society has reached the industrial stage.
>>
Is it okay if I shill my self-written isekai novel in this thread?
>>
Is Emilia going nopan in OPs pic?
>>
>>153657610
I don't know, but Aqua's head is fucking huge in comparison and it bothers me every time I see that image somwhere.
>>
>>153657681
I think its because she has her hair down. Most of the time its in that looping ponytail style
>>
>>153657761
They are drawn in different style and not to scale which messes things up.
>>
>>153657782
The drawer seems to have fixed those saggy boobs of aqua
>>
I hate it because there isnt enough pandering to my fetishes.

I want shotas with harems of older voluptuous girls amd romance with female family members, especially their moms. And no stepmothers or siblings either.
>>
>>153620481
>>>153618645 (OP)
>1. Isekai breaks the immersion, probably to some people it helps to selfinsert if the character is from our world, but to me it completly breaks the immersion in the fantasy world.
I dunno, I enjoy fish out of water stories. In the past this was achieved through amnesia, but transportation works too.

>2.The MC is good at everything, (Shieldbro, Overlord, Monster, Slime, Arifureta) all are the same, they can craft, they can fight, they have mostly unlimited resources, they have knowledge.
This isn't the fault of the genre, it's the fault of the amateur writers all copying each other.

>3.No effort is put into create a world that feels alive they just rely in elements we already know. And what is worse, they don't even bother in making those elements part of their setting, they just drop them in there and call it a day.
Again, the writers' fault. It feels like each writer has read another writer's work and are self inserting into each other's stories.
>>
>>153658033
Commushou
>>
>>153644759
>>153642510
>checks list of HJ Bunko and Overlap titles
Well at least it's not World Teacher. Now that was awful.
>>
>>153658735
Well shit thats one. Would be cool without the reincarnation stuff but it really cant be escaped at this point.
>>
>>153658734
>This isn't the fault of the genre, it's the fault of the amateur writers all copying each other.
While you're right, it's also so common that bad writing became the most characteristic trait of the genre and whether it's unfair or not doesn't matter. If you had professional writers do the genre more, maybe you could get rid of this association but for now, it's here to stay. Isekai gets a similar treatment like online fanfiction does, more or less.
>>
>>153641779
several chapters of cultivation and 2 chapters of staring the enemy down

then you get the dessert of the MC chopping down his enemy's entire family
>>
>>153659238
Well it wouldn't be isekai in that case now would it.

Also I'm sure you can find something much more extreme that panders to your fetishes if you know jap and dig deep enough into narou and nocturne.
>>
>>153654465
Wow. Light Novel market is going trough creative drought isn't it?
>>
>>153641904
funny thing I probably went into Isekai after reading those Cyoas

kinda always imagine what sort of adventure would happen if those Cyoa were to be made into actual stories.
>>
>>153659646
>Well it wouldn't be isekai in that case now would it.
Well I mean, isekai doesnt automatically mean reincarnation, transported works too.
>if you know jap
I'm not smart enough, I just fap to /ss/
>>
I've been trying to find this one isekai, but its hard due to it being so generic.

It was a thing where a guy was dropped to a new world, but for some reason he has the ability to just make others do like he wishes. It was just flat out porn pretty much, starting with him ordering order of knights to be his cockslaves.
>>
>Isekai anime
>The protagonist is reincarnated in the world of a really popular video-game
>The protagonist is a speed-runner

Would you watch it?
>>
>>153659767
As long as the silly exploitable bugs that speedrunners use still exist in it.
>>
File: Takeru_TDA.jpg (186KB, 2037x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Takeru_TDA.jpg
186KB, 2037x1440px
>>153641904
>no Muv-Luv Alternative
No mention of /a/'s favorite isekai VN next to Koihime Musou?
>>
>>153659767
In the same spirit is this

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/kono-sekai-ga-game-da-to-ore-dake-ga-shitte-iru/

the protagonist goes to the world of a buggy and glitchy game, and starts abusing the bug-related exploits for all they are worth.
>>
>>153659767
I like your idea , but let me shit on it.
>Protagonist is a professional speedrunner irl
>God curses / blesses him
>Each episode is God sending him into a different game world
>He has exactly 1 episode to complete the game, otherwise God will take away something precious to him
>The end goal is God will make one wish come true
>>
>>153659837
More like the only one /a/ can read.
>>
File: IsekaiBanzai.jpg (228KB, 886x1260px) Image search: [Google]
IsekaiBanzai.jpg
228KB, 886x1260px
>>153659675
>creative drought
I'm sure you meant creative boom. Literally the best thing to happen in the industry.
>>
>>153659905
>Eien no Aselia
>Duel Savior
>Koihime Musou
>>
>>153641904
D

would get myself a Gynoid that's good with repairs and an engineer that has a major space ship fetish (with my ship being her "dream ship"), a captain that's so intelligent and swag he doesn't even need to engage in ship battles to fuck over his enemies, a rich, intelligent, but cowardly noble/merchant that thinks I'm his personal bomb shelter and thus nearly goes bankrupt in fortifying me with weapons and defenses until I'm similar to a moving fortress, said merchant's /k/ advisor that he consults daily on how to best build my ship into said fortress, a helmsman who specializes in teleporting and uses it in all his maneuvers, and a scientist that believes I am her husbando and seeks to turn my AI program into a flesh and blood body.

all shall fear the /a/ ship

Runner up: B, I will kill Tanya and present to X and all watching that god made me kill this little girl.
>>
>>153659236
At least its not Alphapolis, now those guys just keep picking up trash among trash and just publish them without editing most of the time.
>>
>>153632065
>pony
>>>/mlp/
>>
>>153652617
anime when?
novel translations when?
>>
>>153627576
I am interested in the other two girls of the first one. Wonder what mom has to comment on them.
>>
>>153658033
I want a character Isekai'd to a world with nothing but Futanari

can be guy or girl but I prefer the MC being futa as well
>>
>I Leveled Up Through Parasitism But I Might've Gone Too Far

>This Hero's Too Cautious Even Though He's OP

>How My Room Turned Into a Dungeon Rest Area

>I'm Bad at Communication, But I Maxed Out My Negotiation Skills So I Got Reincarnated

>A Black Gal Was Transported to a Fantasy World and Mistaken for a Dark Elf

>There's No Way There's a Bitch in My Literary Arts Club

>I Couldn't Get Real Satisfaction [a Girlfriend] So I Became a Comrade to a Revolutionary

>They Say You Can't Get Reincarnated in a Fantasy World If You Get Hit by a Truck, So I Decided to Work with a Pretty Girl

>I Was Reborn as a Vending Machine and Wander the Labyrinth

>How My House Became a Magical Power Spot

>I'm a Hero, But I Started a Pizzeria in a Fantasy World with My Elf Bride

>I Defeated Slimes for 300 Years, and Before I Knew It My Levels were Maxed Out

>I Went to School to be a Swordswoman, But My Magical Aptitude is 9999!?

>What If the Guy in the Village Before the Final Dungeon Lived in the Starting Town?

>Do You Like Your Mom? Her Normal Attack is Two Attacks at Full Power

>I've Been Reborn as an Aristocratic Pig, So This Time I Want to Tell You I Like You

>She Trained in Martial Arts for Over a Century. Martial Arts Training Corrected by an Elf

>The Heroic Elf Can Raise Two Disciples!

>Will You Like Me If I'm Cute But Slutty?
Thread posts: 357
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.