[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any anime that comes close to Yu Yu Hakusho in terms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: yyh.jpg (219KB, 1920x1080px)
yyh.jpg
219KB, 1920x1080px
Is there any anime that comes close to Yu Yu Hakusho in terms of comfiness?
It seems to me that YYH is the only shonen series that managed to really make it feel like all members of the core group had a purpose and were useful, like the powergap between them and the main character never got so big to the point of them being inconsequential.

Plus the pacing and general writing is better than any other shonen series I've seen.
>>
Digimon Adventure

YYH and Digimon Adventure are the GOAT shonen anime for me.
>>
>>153439730
Lots of kids shows, old or new can be comfy as fuck. Precure a la mode, buddyfight triple d and pokemon sun and moon are some of the many examples, especially the latter
>>
>>153439730
yu yu hakusho = 90's bleach
>>
>>153440865
No. The plot isn't even similar, and YYH was way better than Bleach could have ever hoped to become.
>>
>>153441629
>The plot isn't even similar

is this faggot serious?
>>
>>153441629
Tite Kubo almost didn't made Bleach because it was too similar to YYH.

Yeah, YYH was the best battle shonen anime ever made.
>>
No shounen will ever top it.
>>
>>153439730

Yes. G Gundam, Rurouni Kenshin, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, and Lupin III were all equally good at keeping the power gap balanced. There is no question that Yusuke is slightly stronger than other members of his group, just as Kenshin, Shinji, Domon and Reinhard also are (or eventually become, in Shinji's case,) but what these series all have in common is that they all do a very good job of "humanizing" the main character, and keeping them roughly close to their comrades/ enemies in terms of ability. Lupin III is a little different in how the show is structured, but it is also possibly the only series I can recommend where I do not believe that the main character is any more qualified for the lead role than any of his allies whatsoever although they ran with this idea and completely botched it in the "Fujiko Mine" anime.

The crying shame about this, however, is that all of these anime were made in the 90's or earlier. They just don't make anime like they used to anymore; trends have changed, and with the worldwide expansion of anime's appeal, anime is now made with profit margins in mind as opposed to creating truly original and "great" content. Comparing yesterday's greats to shows like Keijo (while a decent show and hilarious in it's own right,) is like comparing apples and oranges, to such an extent where the latter can hardly even be called "anime" and still mean the same thing.
>>
Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop and FMA Brotherhood. One Piece and HxH that are on going.
Every single one different, but everyone was useful somehow and the main cast was enjoyable.
>>
>>153441695
same general premise, but the plots diverge drastically after the first arc. Also, YYH has waaaaaaaay better character development than bleach.
>>
i hear HxH is good, and i really like hajime no ippo. ippo is very 'comfy'.
>>
>>153444058

Lupin III is the only comfy series in that list.
>>
>>153439730
Patlabor
Digimon Adventure
>>
>>153439730
>like the powergap between them and the main character never got so big to the point of them being inconsequential.
You mean until the last arc right? Cause Togashi had to write Kuwabara out of the story for that arc cause there was no way he could keep up with S rank demons.
>>
>>153444591
>putting One Piece's anime in the same league as the rest of those
No.
>>
>>153445048
Even in the last arc though, Kuwabara's presence was felt by the other characters, and it was made clear that he was still an important part of the team.
>>
>>153439730

Digimon Adventure/Tamers, Cardcaptor Sakura, Patlabor, Samurai Champloo, Rurouni Kenshin
>>
>>153445092
Until the end of CP9 is pretty comfy. And at least every member is useful
>>
>>153439730
JJBA Stardust Crusaders arc
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.