[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one here who still has a soft spot for Bleach despite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 425
Thread images: 81

File: Ichigo.jpg (376KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Ichigo.jpg
376KB, 1600x1200px
Am I the only one here who still has a soft spot for Bleach despite all its valid criticism?

I mean yeah, the the story dragged on and felt repetitive, the plot had a bunch of side stories unresolved, the characters became less interesting as the series progressed, the final arc and its conclusion felt underwhelming, et cetera et cetera.

But in spite of that, I can't help but still have a soft spot for Bleach and think back fondly to all the good times in the series despite how things ended up.

What do you guys think?
>>
File: Orihime.jpg (566KB, 1306x2031px) Image search: [Google]
Orihime.jpg
566KB, 1306x2031px
>>153375579
Orihime is perfection.

Aside from that, Bleach's early years were the best because it kept closest to Kubo's strengths and away from the weaknesses he'd later show. The cast was a manageable size at that time, and character interactions and growth were entertaining. Hints at Shinigami and Hollow lore were intriguing. The fights were entertaining and designs were good.

Then the Soul Society arc came along, and while it's still good, it's here all the problems began. The cast more than tripled, and of the former main cast only Ichigo's fights mattered anymore (even Uryu's excellent fight against Mayuri didn't actually accomplish anything). Then it ended with the Aizen twist, foreshadowing the shitty twists that would become a hallmark of Kubo's writing. It was also at this point that Rukia's character was completed, and so she began to be sidelined. From a writing perspective, it made perfect sense, but we all know how certain autists took it.

I don't really feel like going through the rest of the series, but the long and short of it is that yeah, Bleach had some real good in it, but over time it became too stuffed with garbage for that to be worth it.
>>
The definition of a true fan is someone who enjoys a work while recognizing its weaknesses.
>>
I unironically enjoyed the Sternritters arc. Loved how the Sternritters' powers were conceptual and how the Shinigami found ways to overcome them.
>>
Bleach was good, before it got lost in power level bullshit
>>
>>153375822
I guess what really started its decline was with the Hueco Mundo ard. While it was still a hell of a lot of fun, its story structure felt too similar to Soul Society and kinda indicated that Kubo wasn't willing to take risks.

I was actually legitimately hopeful for the Thousand Year Blood War arc since it actually felt like Kubo was ready to take risks and depict an all out war where characters we've grown to know and love over the years end up dying. Me and everyone on /a/ at the time were going nuts in the beginning and updating the "shit gets real" chart frequently, but after a while it gave us less of a reason to care and the chart ended up unfinished.

I dunno whether Kubo legitimately changed his mind, or whether he felt pressured by his fans and editors, but Byakuya should have died at the beginning of the arc. It REALLY would've set the stage for a great story and had a huge impact on a lot of the characters like Ichigo and Rukia, but when Byakuya came back, it gave the impression that Kubo was playing it safe and not willing to take risks again, which is what happened in the final arc. It had a lot of hype, but then turned out to be not so different from Hueco Mundo. It had its fun moments, but really Bleach could've ended at Hueco Mundo and fans would've been satisfied.

>>153375836
Well said. I admit Bleach's faults, but I'll still acknowledge it as a solid series that'll have a special place in my heart.

>>153376074
I did too, but I also felt like it had a lot of untapped potential, and the Sternritters weren't as memorable of villains as the Arrancar. I think TYBW was pretty good, but had SO much potential to be SO much better.
>>
File: Rukia.png (735KB, 782x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Rukia.png
735KB, 782x1024px
>>153375822
>It was also at this point that Rukia's character was completed, and so she began to be sidelined.
Fucking this. I love Rukia, but at the end of Soul Society, Rukia already felt like a completed character, and developing her further just became exceedingly difficult.
>>
>>153376132
I always hated this argument because it's just such a simplistic analysis on why Bleach declined. Plus it implies that the Soul Society arc sucked, which is just plain wrong.
>>
I grew up with the big three (flame me all you want) and looking back, my fondest memories were of Bleach even though I'd say I was a bigger fan of Naruto.
>>
>>153376552
>flame me all you want
Why would we? A LOT of us did.
>>
>>153375579
But I love bleach, always loved it.

I like the art style, the universe, even if a lot of things are left unexplained, the character development of the gotei 13, the stupid twists and the smart twists, the concepts kubo came up with.

My hope is that after some rest and peace of mind Kubo starts a new series on a Seinen magazine, 40-50 pages of his glorious art and stupid twists each month. It would be glorious.
>>
All Kubo had to do was listen to the editors, then maybe he wouldn't have gotten his brain child axed.
>>
>>153376662
Agreed. It's obvious that Kubo just got burnt out towards the end, but yeah he would do great drawing seinen manga.
>>153376733
Is there any real evidence to show that Bleach actually got cancelled? Because to me it just seems that Bleach simply ended.
But yeah, at a certain point Kubo had a very strained relationship with the editorial branch at Shonen Jump, which was reflected in several interviews.
>>
I only have a soft spot for this series up to the end of the Soul Society arc.

It became utterly irredemable garbage after this.
>>
>>153376993
Oh come on, it's not like the Arrancar, Fullbring, and Quincy arcs were ALL bad.
>>
>>153377036
They were though. They were fucking horrible.
>>
>>153377078
Oh fuck off. Nothing is 100% awful. You're just memeing.
>>
>>153377155
Im not though. Your fanboy goggles are on too tight and are starving your brain of oxygen.
>>
>>153377202
Being a fanboy would imply that I am denying ANY and all criticism.
I acknowledge Bleach's flaws and how it declined after Soul Society, but to say that the series became completely flawed and irredeemable is nothing short of hyperbole.
But if you want to keep acting like a mouth breather, be my guest.
>>
Like another Anon said, Bleach is still one of my favorites.

I'll admit reading that lull between Ichigo vs Grimmjow and the Captains showing up and fake Karakura as a whole were torturous on a weekly basis, and I really didn't like that there were no breather chapters between Fake Karakura and Fullbring and Fullbring and Bloodwar, but I still think the characters were good, the abilities were fun, and some of the fights were top-tier.

I really like Kubo's style so I hope he doesn't give up on drawing manga.
>>
I have a soft-spot for bleach since it helped me get into anime, i'm just glad I stopped paying attention to it after the Arrancar arc
>>
File: Zombie Powder.jpg (124KB, 484x650px) Image search: [Google]
Zombie Powder.jpg
124KB, 484x650px
>>153377572
>I really like Kubo's style so I hope he doesn't give up on drawing manga.
He won't. He's taking a break right now and is enjoying married life.
Once he feels rejuvenated he'll come back.
As another anon said, Kubo would be great at drawing Seinen manga.
I'd kinda like it if Kubo rebooted Zombie Powder as a seinen manga, but it's more likely that he'll create a brand new series altogether.
>>
File: 1473902570553.jpg (1MB, 1760x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1473902570553.jpg
1MB, 1760x1300px
>>153375579
There are some parts that I really enjoy like the Mayuri/Kenpachi stuff where Kubo was having a great deal of fun. And the girls are hot. It's juts that those are burried under lots of boring, predictable shonen fights.
>>
I am rereading TYBW and found that the beginning was really exciting, and the quality level of Kubo's art then was also high.

I suppose it started going stupid when 4/13 of captains decided that it's a good idea to let their bankai be sealed for "research" even though Mayuri and Kisuke are the only ones with actual brain around there.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLyi5xHtkb0&list=PL7C116DA2E46BBFD7

the OST of the anime was god tier, I hope the live action movie gets good revenue so they maybe animate the final arc in 2 seasons of 26 chapters.
>>
>>153375579
The opposite in fact.

I loved the beginning of Bleach but my interest in it started to dwindle as the final arc came. Then the final arc came and it started out great until the fights started. I was okay with it since i knew pacing in Bleach is awful, but then the ending happened.

It was so anti-climactic that I ended up hating all of Bleach. Why the fuck would you build up a fight for a couple of years to have it end in the most uninspired way possible? It was like if Goku turned Super Saiyan about to fight Frieza and the next chapter showed a time skip to them being back on Earth.
>>
>>153378821
You had the same effect on the ending of Bleach as Mass Effect 3 had for me with the previous games, especially 1.

How unfortunate because it's really sad when that happens but I can understand it.
>>
>>153375822
i stomached the soul society since it was the second arc and it it still had the good will of the first arc, but ichigo basically overpowering all of soul society was a retarded decision. and then after that there were so many irrelevant fights with irrelevant cast members that made it difficult to read and it just kept on getting worse. kubo didn't even try to give any decent backstory or motivations to make you care for them. bleach was lucky to last as long as it did.
>>
>>153378700
What they might end up doing is adapting the final arc as a means of promoting the live action movie.
>>
>>153375579
Yeah, I'm another one that grew up on the big 3, and though I still enjoy One Piece a great bit, I think fondest of Bleach, even if it probably fell from grace the hardest. I had my time with Naruto but I think I just preferred the character designs, the music and mood of the anime and manga.

I think >>153375822 is a very accurate depiction of how it fell apart, but I definitely still enjoyed it a lot. The Hueco Mundo arc (pre-Aizen invading Earth / Karakura) was probably the last part I truly enjoyed, despite how sloppy the character development and introduction was. I think it became a real mess after that, and it was urecoverable.

But I'll be damned if Ichigos Bankai and 90% of the design still don't look awesome. I hope Kubo scales things down on his next project, but I will read & watch it nonetheless.
>>
>>153375579

me too my man :'(
>>
File: 1434403518023.jpg (6KB, 256x273px) Image search: [Google]
1434403518023.jpg
6KB, 256x273px
>>153376270
Damn shame, loved following the chapters as it first came out. After Aizen though I just lost interest and would catch up every couple of months. I literally only kept up with this image in Bleach threads the entire final arc, and I feel like I've missed nothing. Is this the last version anyone produced?
>>
>>153379522
whatever the case is I just hope we can get it with a new based OST and the following god tier animated fights:

Yamamoto vs Lloyd
Ichibei vs Yawach
Mayuri VS Pernida

I care way less about any of the others.

Oh and delicious GiGi.
>>
>>153380052
Yep, that's the last chart.
>>153380128
What I hope they end up doing is adding new scenes for extra clarification and filling in dropped subplots, and perhaps even rewriting other scenes and events. I think they should rewrite Byakuya's fate and have him ACTUALLY get killed by As Nodt. It would HEAVILY strengthen the emotional impact of Rukia beating As Nodt, and Renji can be the one to give Rukia the pep talk she needs before she reveals her Bankai. It'd also give more gravitas to Rukia and Renji's romantic relationship.
>>
>>153380303
The only things I want to know are what the fuck was ichibei planning by sending ichigo to Yawach and with that vague sentence that the nature of their powers was similar and what they replaced the soul king with after the fight.
>>
>>153376874
At least to me it seems obvious that an editor told Kubo "Yeah, you're done. Wrap it up in the next few chapters." The ending was so rushed. Kubo's style is to drag things out
>>
File: juhabeard.png (291KB, 782x782px) Image search: [Google]
juhabeard.png
291KB, 782x782px
For me the most disappointing thing was the reason as to why Yuha lost, because the biggest trolling and the greatest ending would have been him winning and carrying out his threat in the last chapter, killing everyone in their moment of greatest happiness.

>Whole power, OP skills and his keikauing and decision making rely on his ability to see every possible future.
>In the middle of his war of survival and to change the world as he wants he dismisses a vision of his defeat as a dream.
>He fucks up royally and enters probably one of the few futures where he loses.

Has there been a biggest retard than Yuha Bach with powers as overpowered as his that has made an equal or a biggest fuck up? Because after that he just comes up as a comple retard.
>>
>>153376270
>Byakuya should have died
But who would have payed for the Renruki wedding?
>>
File: 908.jpg (222KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
908.jpg
222KB, 1440x1080px
>>153375579
Better than 90% of the trash this board loves to talk about but because it's also way more popular than 95% of everything this board loves to talk about we're supposed to pretend it's the worst manga ever.

inb4
>xD >>>/v/ xDD how dare you say it's better than generic haremshit Isekai #10294012 , generic gay trash #20982 and generic lolishit #20190 because we're all little girls here haha so funny!
>>
File: lul.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
lul.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
I was totally gay for the manga, but Kubo just needed to fuck everything up great about it. Never going to waste my time on a manga from Kubo ever again.
>>
>>153380835
I want to know how the SK ended up in his position. I want to know all of the dark past and secrets of SS. I want to know what is Aizen's backstory.
>>
>>153381408
I am still totally gay for Aizen.
>>
>>153380835
In the end he was more beard than man
>>
>>153380600
Shounen Jump was just as surprised at the sudden ending as we were. SJ wanted to milk Bleach as long as it could, Kubo ended it prematurely due to health issues.
>>
>>153381611
>Shounen Jump was just as surprised at the sudden ending as we were.
No they weren't.
>>
>>153381611
This is how retarded Bleachfags are
>>
>>153381684
Wow what a well thought out reply.
>>
>>153381729
>>153381809
>>
>>153381809
>>153381835
>Jump was surprised that a frequent bottom dweller series that lost the bulk of its sales down the pipeline ended even though its ending was planned 3 years in advance.

This is how retarded you sound.
>>
>>153381894
>he thinks that SJ rankings aren't completely arbitrary
>he doesn't know that Bleach sells more in tankobons than the vast majority of SJ manga

Yeah, but I'm retarded, way to do your research
>>
>>153382043
>he thinks that SJ rankings aren't completely arbitrary
They're not
>he doesn't know that Bleach sells more in tankobons than the vast majority of SJ manga
The only series that it sells better than are the new titles THAT JUST STARTED IN THE SAME YEAR. Titles such as MHA, Souma, Ass Class and even that shitty Boruto manga sold better than Bleach
>>
>>153382135
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, try sticking to Naruto threads kiddo
>>
File: 1423640563477.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1423640563477.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
Should I read Bleach?
>>
>>153381561
Yhwach's beard was the true hero of the story. What a concept.
>>
>>153380835
>implying this isn't a part of his plan

Everyone is pretty happy now aren't they? except uryu.
Yhwach entered kazui and will kill orihime in his body, driving Ichigo insane.
Where the fuck is bleach 2 kubo?
>>
>>153375579

It should have stayed as Japanese ghostbusters
>>
>>153383052
Ita painfully obvious Kubo has done everything hes wanted to with Bleach. I'd rather see him try something different like he started to do with the Fullbring arc.
>>
>>153383209
Bleach would have gotten cancelled if it stayed as Japanese Ghostbusters. Soul Society is where Bleachs massive popularity in japan stems from, without it Bleach would have ended the same way as Zombie Powder.
>>
>>153375579
Anyone know of a good soundtrack list?

The soundtrack of bleach is vast and it's very hard to look up specific songs.
Would be nice if anyone knew of a listing where you can filter by arc, characters(played while this character was on screen), and type(sad, flashback, fight).
>>
>>153375579
I still have soft spot for bleach (Big 3)because it reminded me of good ol days of 2005-2010 that is the time where i went to lake ,fishing and swimming just enjoying life as a kid
>>
>>153383421
No idea, but pretty much anything from the Arrancar arc is god tier.
>>
>>153382342
Yes
>>
>>153383295
I wanted Kubo to show at least a flashback of the first war between the quincies and the shinigami, with the original yakuza killing squad of Yamamoto.
>>
File: 1394397379879.png (157KB, 516x440px) Image search: [Google]
1394397379879.png
157KB, 516x440px
>>153383718
You make a compelling case.
>>
>>153375579
I have a soft spot for what it could've been
>>
>>153383766
I can't disagree with you there, but that sort of flashback could easily take up an entire volume (think Turn Back the Pendulum) and the final arc was already getting held back by numerous flashbacks.
>>
I have a soft spot for Rukia but I completely lost interest in it by Hueco Mundo.

Looking back even the Soul Society was mostly whatever. Also, Ichigo's fights were so awful.

There was so little reason to invest in the human cast and I think that was one of it's biggest issues
>>
>>153383777
Not him but if you want to have an opinion about a manga, you might as well read it yourself.
>>
>>153383052
>Implying Kazui didn't retain control of his body
>Implying Yhwach hasn't been reduced to being part of Kazui's inner world
>Implying Yhwach isn't trying and failing to convince Kazui to merge the mortal world and the afterlife together when all he wants is to go to space/run a bakery/???
>>
>>153382135
Nope. Bleach last volume had 450k before it fell from the rankings and the others rounded around 400 while reaching nearly 500 by the end of the year. Only Haikyuu, HxH and One Piece sell more.

Hero Academia sells around the same, 400-30 and the only reason it surpassed bleach in total sales last year is because of backlog volumes.

Then there's no need to mention that Bleach actually sells merch as opposed to virtually every other series that's not Haikyuu and One Piece, Bleach has a mobage that makes millions and Bleach has an anime that still gets overseas money from licenses and stuff.

JUMP is not stupid to cancel a series that does better than pretty pretty much all their series when it was already ending and it could've wrapped up fine in 2 or 3 more volumes.
>>
File: 1342646195256.png (93KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1342646195256.png
93KB, 375x375px
>>153383777
You asked a yes or no question.

If you want a compelling case I will tell you this: Bleach is unfinished, even if the series has ended, the ending was rushed and many MANY plot threads are left unexplained and open, so it will generate expectations on you that won't be fulfilled.

Now, on the other hand he universe is vast, it has very interesting characters and powers, the art style evolves into god tier really fast and the attention of Kubo into character detail and action is really great, but sometimes can be confusing because not everything is told directly to the reader at all times.

The story is interesting enough and the antagonist are great, specially Aizen, and sometimes the plot tweests are stupid, others are eldritch horror tier and change your whole view of the series and make perfect sense with clues dropped from all over the series from the beginning.

Sometimes it seems that Kubo wants to tackle some complex matters about the story or the psychology of the characters that is way out of the scope for a series on a magazine aimed at 12-16 year olds, even the art style reflects this on occasion, so this drags him down and it's why some aspects are not fully developed in the way they could have been.

It also has Zaraki Kenpachi and Kurotsuchi Mayuri, two of the most fun to read characters that I've encountered in any manga (a battle junkie and a mad scientist taken to the extreme). It also has god tier waifus, nazi jews and mexico.

If you like an action shounen with those characteristics you will enjoy it, also now that is finished, Bleach flows way better in bulk than on a weekly basis.
>>
>>153384122
Speaking of the mobage I hope they eventually get permission to add manga stuff. It's the only fun mobage to play.
>>
>>153383944
There was a lot to explain though.

Compilation of unfinished plot points in Bleach

If you remember anything else please mention it

Shikais NOT revealed or explained

>Tessai
>Hikifune
>Shutara
>Oetsu
>Yoruichi
>Mashiro
>Hiyori's Shikai Ability
>Lisa's Shikai Ability
>Tenjiro's Shikai Ability
>Isane's Shikai Ability
>Iba's Shikai Name and Ability

Bankais NOT revealed or explained

>Tessai
>Hisagi
>Ukitake
>Aizen
>Shinji
>Love
>Isshin
>Tenjiro
>Hikifune
>Shutara
>Oetsu
>Yoruichi
>Unohona's Bankai Ability
>Ichigo's Final Bankai Ability

Characters without a proper 1 on 1 fight or hyped but never delivered

>Chad
>Tessai
>Isshin
>Love
>Ryuken
>Ukitake
>Cyborg Kira
>Hisagi (using his bankai)
>Tenjiro
>Hikifune
>Shutara
>Oetsu (Using his own zampakuto)
>Ichigo with his new bankai
>>
>>153384305
CONT.

Compilation of unfinished plot points in Bleach

If you remember anything else please mention it

Main plot points unexplained

>Yhwach being the son of the Soul King
>Aizen motivations to hate the Soul King
>Yhwach motivations to hate the Soul King
>The Soul King organs
>Is the Soul King awake or sleeping?
>What is the Soul King in the first place
>Zanka No Tachi never used or mentioned again after being stolen
>Why wasn't the Antithesis taken?
>How Uryuu survived Auswahlen twice
>Yhwach not being able to leave the shadow realm for too long
>The silver arrow
>The Vandenreich's backstory and what they've been doing for 1000 years
>Why Yamamoto spared Yhwach 1000 years ago
>Urahara´s endgame agenda and last words

Minor character plot lines unresolved

>Halibel's fate
>Matsumoto's soul and alleged importance in the final arc
>Ganju's past
>What did Renji ask Urahara?
>What are the two kids who live with Urahara?
>How and why did Uryu survive Yhwach's racial cleaning when he was a child?
>How and why Ginjo became a shinigami
>What Stern Ritter K and N stood for
>Kubo's original idea of Hell realm arc
>The name of Ichigo's Fullbring
>How and when Isshin learned about Final Getsuga Tensho, and against who did he ever used it
>Orihime powers
>Ichigo's sisters being implied to have powers
>what was Karin doing that seemed suspicious when Ichigo lost his powers?
>Tatsuki developing spiritual sensitivity
>The purpose of the Soul tickets that Kyoraku gave to Tatsuki, Keigo, and Mizuiro
>Komamura and Iba's fate
>Yoruichi's god armor AND her brother
>Yachiru having Shikai
>Orihime's implied inner corruption from the HM arc
>Who are the other immortal prisoners in the SS Prison
>What was Rukia's first visit to the human world which she doesn't remember
>How you become a Vasto Lorde
>What happened to Lille Barro
>What is doing the Royal Guard
>Rose and Kensei's fate
>How is possible communication within the Dangai if time goes 2000 times slower
>>
>>153384235
I'll give it a shot, but I sure hope this isn't some ruse.
>>
>>153384406
I did tell you the good and the bad though, I hope you enjoy it.
>>
File: 1414004379247.jpg (112KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1414004379247.jpg
112KB, 1440x1080px
>>153384455
I'm still suspicious. Thanks for answering sincerely though.
>>
>>153384305
Those are exposition, not major plot points.

>>153384349
Most of these are incredibly minor plot details or simply fan theories gone off the rails.

Pretty much anything not covered by the next light novel or the new chapter to promote the movie simply isn't important enough to warrant Kubo to restart Bleach, he wrote the fights he wanted in the last arc and left us with Ichika and Kazui as a small window into the future; but honestly I don't expect an actual sequel by Kubo, if anything I expect his next manga to be a spiritual successor to both ZP and Bleach, almost like HxH was to Yuyu Hakusho.
>>
>>153384553
Again, different anon but if you can at least make it though the Deicide arc then you've read most of what Kubo has to offer.
>>
File: Ashido.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ashido.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>
>>153384717
The last arc has some of the best moments in the series though, the ac itself is weak I would agree, but overall worth of reading
>>
>>153385022
This is also true, but it also really depends on people's preferences towards charcters and the way Kubo handles his fight scenes.
>>
>>153383421
https://www.youtube.com/user/ShinigamiXZEROX
>>
>>153384235
Very well said.
>>
>>153384553
Remain suspicious

The universe is "vast" as he said, and also completely lifeless and undeveloped. The fights are mind numbing. If you can stomach Hueco Mundo then you'll probably slog through the rest of it because what little it gives you is enough to satisfy you.
>>
>>153385274
He has the advantage not to wait every week for a chapter. It flows much MUCH better.
>>
File: 1255456456178.png (60KB, 304x230px) Image search: [Google]
1255456456178.png
60KB, 304x230px
>>153384553
Most of the hate towards Bleach is because it's not for everyone.
The pacing was slow on a weekly basis and his way to develop the characters is not always straightforward, which some people say it's bad writing, others like me take it as his way to tell his story, which is a way I honestly like and enjoy.
>>
>>153380128
>Ichigo vs Kirge
>Kisuke vs Askin
>Komamura vs Bambietta
>Renji vs Mask
>Bazz B vs Haschwalth

All these fights were excellent so don't sleep on them. They were multitudes better than Naruto's last arc and Dressrosa's battles at least.
>>
>>153385274
>>153385347
Again, just let him read it himself and form his own opinion.
>>
File: we want the sandnigger audience.png (100KB, 914x1300px) Image search: [Google]
we want the sandnigger audience.png
100KB, 914x1300px
>>153384122
Bleach is also getting a new mobage made by Chinks sometime next year.

2018 is the year of bleach, anime will most likely come back as well.
>>
>>153385238
Thank you.
>>
>>153375579
Bleach was what got me into anime, so yeah i guess I also have a soft spot for it as well.
>>
>>153375579
I still don't understand why people think Naruto was worse than Bleashit. Bleach is the worst manga/anime I've witnessed in the last two decades.
>>
>>153385461
>Askin
He was a fantastic character.
>>
>>153385477
How a new anime can fix that ending?
>>
>>153385589
>Narutofag who thinks he needs to defend his manga.

Please return to one of your numerous containment threads.
>>
>>153381894
You should know by now that Bleach didn't have an anime in the last 5 fucking years. That kinda puts a damper on manga sales while literally everything else either had an anime or still does nigga.
>>
>>153385669
Even then it still sold better than the vast majority of Jump manga >>153384122
>>
>>153385637
Adapting the novels.
>>
>>153375579
>tfw no more since when were you under the impression
>tfw no more behind you
>tfw no more BAN-KAI
>tfw no more KUBOOOOOOO
>>
Favorite old school scene of Bleach is that corny theme song coming on to Richard Epcar telling Ichigo to shout out his name. Oh, and the scene where Chad makes a cool speech,toping it off with summoning his power and blasting a hole in the wall, the they remember that in reality big ass explosions tend to attract the police.
>>
>>153385636
I know he was the best Quincy but 98% forgets the good events that happened and rather bully the shit out of it for actions that most of the popular series committed.
>>
>>153385760
They should have adapted Spirits Are Forever With You, it was like Bleach and Bacanno made a love child.
>>
>>153376270
Holy shit, I missed like all of that.
>>
>>153385750
If Bleach had an anime at least two years after the TWBA started it would probably fall under the top 10 or break in sometimes.

I mean shit look at Toriko after the anime ended which people still don't understand that it was the reason why Toriko was ranked near the 15th in the first place.
>>
>>153377078
The Fullbring arc was great because it stopped being about all this bullshit and went semi-low level horror story until the end ruined it. I would have loved permanent changed/consequences like that for Ichigo and a change from swordbeams to ninja spiderman flipout bullshit
>>
>>153385637
Pierrot are rukia and filler fags, the anime will be instantly better.
>>
>>153375579
Kubo did several things well.

Writing & story was not one of them.
>>
>>153384553
You'll probably do what everyone else did, enjoy that shit through SS, and then wonder what the hell happened after
>>
>>153386567
Thats pretty standard for a (relatively) young mangaka though. Its not like this genre is known for its masterful storytelling.
>>
>>153386784
It doesn't have to be anything "masterful", a good writer can make a simplistic story work. Even then, a solid main cast of characters can help even weak stories. Bleach flops in both departments though, don't make excuses.

The art and designs are far and away the best thing the series had going for it
>>
>>153385589
i explain u, bleach was always a plot mess but had good fights and cool character designs, otherwise naruto first part was great but the things got awful with the war conclusion. Naruto caused me much more dissapointment bcuz i know it could be better...
>>
>>153387085
I think Bleach thrives off its ensemble cast; no one expected characters like Mayuri or Zaraki to have a complete character arc. To each his own I suppose.
>>
>>153381561
>more beard than a man
I've never seen anyone summing up Yhwach as accurately.
>>
>>153383951
>Also, Ichigo's fights were so awful.

It's really a shame that in a series like this, the MC gets the lamest power in both Shikai and Bankai. And his upgrades were just Getsuga Tensho 2.0.
>>
>>153375579

Only for the first two arcs. The rest is just the soul society rescue arc on repeat.
>>
>>153375579
It was one of the best anime/manga I've ever consumed. I really enjoyed the scenes inside ichigos head with oldman zangetsu
>>
>>153388157
Only Hueco mundo was a rescue arc after SS, and it plays out very differently.
>>
>>153384553
it'll be one of the best rides you've ever had.
>>
Bleach writing was very good during the SS arc, and it event received a Shogakukan award in 2005, even being a shueisha series (they usually gives the awards to series published by Shogakukan, unless they think the series of other editorials are really good).

Kubo knows/knew to write good stories. But he had lack of inspiration/whatever, after the Soul Society arc. That happens to many writers, with their current series or with their next series that aren't as good as their previous works.

Hopefully Kubo in his next works, be something about Bleach or a new series, will recover his good writing.
>>
>>153380600
Is this really that different from the end of arrancar arc? I mean
>main villain's final batle is really short compared to other major battles
5 chapters for Aizen and 3 for Yhwach; checked
>supposedly supuer strong giantic antagonist, after lots of build up, suddenly just dies
checked
>2 chapters of epilogue for 200+ chapter saga
checked
>fates of characters not revealed
Last time we've seen Yoruichi in both arcs was right after being defeated. Same for Grimmjow. Mashiro and Kensei's first appearance after WW fight was the end of FB arc. Harribel's survival was only revealed in short novel, etc. etc.

Maybe Kubo just has some problem with wrapping things up properly.
>>
>>153388893
I think fans are just more nitpicky about those sort of small details that it doesn't make much sense for Kubo to devote entire chapters to explaining them.

On the other hand, Narita is actually really good at wrapping up plot points as shown in the two Spirits novels and the Kira side story; I think we can expect the same level of quality from the upcoming Spring novel.
>>
>>153375579
I hated the ending due to being one big, pointless mass of nothing.

My reasons for hating the ending had absolutely nothing to do with what girl Ichigo decided to fuck.
>>
I think we can all agree that Ichigo's sisters grew up nicely,right? Through I worry about the whole "Yuzu desires affection" and "Yuzu is a brocon" thing.
>>
File: arguement against incest.jpg (327KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
arguement against incest.jpg
327KB, 1280x720px
>>153389502
what's wrong with yuzu
>>
Ghostbusters is still for me the best bleach arc. I'm still looking for comfy series where main characters are hunting ghosts.
>>
>>153389502
Karin grew up to be a perfect Shiba.
>>
File: 1421033249342.jpg (937KB, 2074x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1421033249342.jpg
937KB, 2074x1500px
>>153375579
Bleach died immediately after the SS arc.
>>
File: Karin and Yuzu.png (109KB, 555x502px) Image search: [Google]
Karin and Yuzu.png
109KB, 555x502px
>>153389502
Absolutely. One of the few good things about the ending.
>>
File: 07 (2).jpg (47KB, 750x1074px) Image search: [Google]
07 (2).jpg
47KB, 750x1074px
>>153388264
>No more Shirosaki

Why live?
>>
>>153389778
Actually it peaked in Hueco Mundo but okay
>>
>>153389888
death scene of ulqiorra was a good time for an ending
>>
>>153389884
>I already told you
>I AM Zangetsu

400 chapters later:

>He IS Zangetsu!

this fucker was one of the best characters in the series.
>>
>>153389147
I can't agree with that. Showing what become of character that was last seen in life threatening situation (even if you generally can guess what has happened because it's a kids' comic) is something fans have the right to expect.
If most of major 1 on 1 battles in your story take 7+ chapters (Ulq was even 10+), then you shouldn't make the final fights significantly shorter, as it just feels weird.
Those are legit complaints.

>If Bleach had an anime at least two years after the TWBA started it would probably fall under the top 10 or break in sometimes.
I'm not sure about that. Bleach was already established series which made a name for itself. Furthermore, considering the final arc rarely focused on any character more than twice and one of it's main supposed selling points being delivering on years of buildup it isn't something you can easily get into without knowing earlier parts. And I doubt many fans stopped buying volumes because of lack of the anime.
>>
>>153384122
Top 500 manga sales from Jump last year
1 One Piece 81
2 One Piece 82
3 One Piece 83
7 HxH 33
8 One Piece 80
9 Assclass 18
10 Assclass 19
13 Haikyu 20
14 Assclass 20
16 Assclass 21
17 Haikyu 21
19 Haikyu 22
20 Haikyu 23
26 Kuroko no basket extra game
28 Haikyu 24
33 My hero academia 7
37 My hero academia 8
41 My hero academia 9
45 Assclass 17
48 Shokugeki no soma 16
51 My hero academia 10
52 Shokugeki no soma 17
59 Shokugeki no soma 18
63 My hero academia 11
65 Shokugeki no soma 19
68 Kochikame 200 40th aniversary edition
71 Boruto
77 Shokugeki no soma 20
>78 Bleach 71
>84 Bleach 72
>87 Bleach 73
>89 Bleach 74

So pretty much the only titles that Bleach outsold from Jump last year was World Trigger, Gintama, Zumo, Dancing Midgets and Nisekoi and a bunch of titles that started this year.

>Hero Academia sells around the same
Its been outselling Bleach since 2015.
>Then there's no need to mention that Bleach actually sells merch
Bleach is not liste3d in the top 50 selling franchises in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. If its selling merch its nowhere near in the top percentile of Shuiesha titles and gets beat regularly by Toriko and World Trigger and terms of merch

>MUH MOBAGE
Wow...its fucking nothing! The mobage market rises and fall frequently and doesn't haveJUMP is not stupid to cancel a series that does better than pretty pretty much all their series when it was already ending and it could've wrapped up fine in 2 or 3 more volumes. a sustained profit margin because its never been reliable
>Bleach has an anime that still gets overseas money from licenses and stuff.
When Bleach was canned it dropped 20,000 in circulation compared to Naruto in which it lost 200,000 copies. Bleach stopped being a benefactor years ago and its still funny to see the fanbase claim that Jump is going to suffer without it when they had newer titles already outselling it.
Unless you can post numbers this is a worthless thing to bring up

>
>>
>>153390232
>Sheiusa not backing the series up, giving it advertising and curiong off the ime
>WOW LOOK! Bleach numbers dropped!

It sold really well for a series not being promoted.
>>
File: 181.jpg (116KB, 706x883px) Image search: [Google]
181.jpg
116KB, 706x883px
>>153388893
Kubo was as bad at resolutions in the previous arcs as he was on the last arc. The problem is, it's the LAST arc and he can no longer afford not giving proper resolutions. And yet he still didn't.

When I think about how Kubo almost always averted resolutions I'm always reminded of this scene where Kubo purposely interrupted Renji & Byakuya's impending heartfelt conversation with a comedic scene.

Or how he keeps having people tell others, "you don't have to say it" or "I'll wait until you're ready" and perhaps, in the end that's just his way of avoidng/stalling.
>>
>>153390165
Not really sure who you're quoting in the second part of your post there. All I can say is Kubo left enough information that you can deduce that any of the main characters who weren't specifically mentioned to have deceased had in all likelihood survived. For example, he showed us Nel preparing to reacue Kisuke and company after the Askin fight.
>>
>>153390443
Bleach gradual decline had shit to do with promotion since it started dropping in sales even while the anime was still running. You Bleachfags are willing to blame everything but Kubo for the manga's decline.
>>
>>153381111
Ginrei Kuchiki, Byakuya's grandfather who we never see again for whatever reason.
Or Rukia could've paid for it herself after inheriting House Kuchiki.
>>
>>153382342
It's a quick and fun read. Go for it
>>
>>153390989
I know the fullbring arc drop down it's popularity, but it wouldn't have been so drastic if shonen was still backing it up.

hell the war arc in naruto is infinitely worse (except, maybe, madara's wild ride) and the series was fucking popular because sheiusa was still shoving anime ads and general promotion everywhere in japan.

The last arc with the quincies and all if well promoted would have brought bleach up a lot.
>>
>>153375579
I still love bleach until the episode they go to mexico minus that godawful bount filler.
>>
>>153390989
>he thinks sales determine quality

Definition of a basic bitch, desu
>>
>>153384735
DELETE THIS
>>
File: aizenlogic.png (204KB, 608x448px) Image search: [Google]
aizenlogic.png
204KB, 608x448px
>>153375579
I have fond memories of Bleach, that will never change. I even enjoyed the last arc, the only thing that really bothered me is Kubo not having enough time to showcase everyone.
>>
>>153375579
Sometimes I unashamedly miss kinging like kong.
>>
>>153385461
Rukia vs As Nodt will be great animated too.
>>
>>153391345
go back to tumblr desu
>>
>>153391668
Well, it's not like niggastream stopped translating manga.
>>
>>153390765
Sorry, it was meant for
>>153386268

But, just to focus on your example, don't you think that for a character of Urahata's importance, showing someone heading to their rescue of they left everything in MCs hands, and not showing him actually being saved let alone his reaction to Ichigo managing to beat Yhwach is kinda, well, not enough? Especially considering we did get an epilogue party at the end?
I think it's similar to having Bach fight ended with emergence of old Zangetsu - we wouldn't get the cut, Yhwach's thoughts, no one would mention it later, but hey - implication is obvious, isn't it?

And, back to end of this fight, fans are still discussing the fate of Askin, as we don't know if Nel would count Yoruichi's bro among reiatsu's felt, and we know Nel's attitude toward enemies.
>>
>>153392155
Yes but Bleach made for a special combination.
>>
>>153392846
*after they left
>>
>>153385669
>You should know by now that Bleach didn't have an anime in the last 5 fucking years.
Sales were dropping even while the anime was still airing ya dumb bitch. Hell MHA and Souma were outselling Bleach before their respective anime. Now what's your fucking excuse now Bleachfag?
>>
>>153391255
You're right Bleach was shit and its sales actually suffered for it.
>>153391157
>I know the fullbring arc drop down it's popularity,
Its popularity starting dropping during the Winter War arc. People were just fed up with the Aizen bullshit. Fullbring arc suffered because fans didn't like the new characters and wanted the Shinigami back.
>The last arc with the quincies and all if well promoted would have brought bleach up a lot.
Nah Bleach was done at that point and readers hated the Stermitter in comparison to the Espada who were ridiculously more popular.
>>
>>153392846
Again, I think this is a case of authors intentions vs fan expectations. From Kubos perspective, its a matter of pacing; instead of spending an entire chapter on Nel rescuing Urahara and co., he spent half a chapter laying the groundwork to show us what will likely happen before moving on to the next fight. I only really see one person who regularly defends Askin being alive (despite literally having his heart removed) and I think ita a bit silly to think that Nel would save Askin over Yushiro. From the authors perspective, the conclusion is common sense; its only diehard fans on /a/ who choose to get lost in the details.
>>
>>153393032
>>153393032
>STILL thinking sales determine quality

Go be dumb somewhere else please.
>>
>>153393032
Every series sales drops retard, bnha can't break 200K in the first weekend despite all it's ads.

>>153393186
Bleach was obviously placed in the bottom on purpose, the last fullbring chapters ranked in the top 3.
>>
>>153383951
>Ichigo's fights were so awful.
Not all of them. Ichigo had some boring fights, but he also had some very intense fights too.

Ichigo vs. Renji, Kenpachi, Byakuya, Grimmjow, Ulquiorra, Ginjo, and Quilge were all great.

Really it was just the final battle with Yhwach that felt anticlimactic.
And Ichigo didn't fight Aizen so much as give him a redass beatdown, which was very satisfying in my book.

People tease Ichigo for not having many abilities besides Getsuga Tenshou and swordfigthing skills in Shikai and Bankai, but Ichigo's battles worked when they focused on choreography and personal grudge matches between Ichigo and other characters.
>>
>>153388152
He's literally no different than Yusuke and Gon. Also:

>All of his Soul Society fights
>Ichigo vs Grimmjow
>Ichigo vs Ulquiorra
>Ichigo vs Gin
>Ichigo vs Tsukishima
>Ichigo vs Ginjo

All were decent or great fights so you both are just being terribly biased. It's better than Naruto's and Toriko's fights by a large margin.
>>
>>153393455
>>153393766
This. Ichigo had some legitimately great fights throughout the series. Just because he didn't have many abilities besides Getsuga Tenshou didn't keep the fights from being great.
If you care more about what crazy superhuman moves characters pull out of their ass more than the emotional buildup of the fight between characters and the choreography, then you're retarded.
>>
File: 1278111514124.jpg (222KB, 700x918px) Image search: [Google]
1278111514124.jpg
222KB, 700x918px
>>
File: batgrin.jpg (14KB, 628x479px) Image search: [Google]
batgrin.jpg
14KB, 628x479px
>>153394014
This pic will never cease to amuse me.
>>
>>153390232
>Bleach is not liste3d in the top 50 selling franchises in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

Because it didn't get any new merch, shuiesha cutoff it's support because reasons.
Try defending them cancelling a $100 million+ selling series now dumbass.
Merchandise (charabiz 2010-2012):

Billion Yen/Million Dollars

2010: 19.4 / 162.7
2011: 16.1 / 135.1
2012: 15.3 /128.4
>>
>>153393980
I'm more upset that Ichigo didn't get a single good fight in the final arc, It would of been hype see him and Ywach square off for realises now that Ichigo unlocked his full power with Orihime's support but nope, we got Kubo'd.

Say, that move Ichigo used to do where he speeded around until there were after images of himself, was that an anime only thing? It only popped up about 3 times, vs Byakuya, vs Kariya and vs that dude in the Kasumiouji arc, oh, and the final Ginjou fight.
>>
File: kill me.jpg (51KB, 373x289px) Image search: [Google]
kill me.jpg
51KB, 373x289px
>>153378076
>tfw no more porn of Bleach girls anymore
>>
File: faster.jpg (123KB, 728x1047px) Image search: [Google]
faster.jpg
123KB, 728x1047px
>>153394211
They just sort of handwave that Ichigo's body can't handle moving that fast so he doesn't or something.
I dunno.
>>
>>153394211
The final arc was basically Bach smearing his dick all over SS
>>
>>153394211
Quilge fight was good, after getting both his swords he was simply too powerful for the average Sternritter (and Kubo wanted to focus on the Shinigami).

Pretty sure the 'three steps' gimmick only happens once in the manga, the anime liked to reuse it for nostalgia purposes.
>>
>>153393434
>bnha can't break 200K in the first weekend despite all it's ads.
Its actually was three days not a week and no Bleach's sales was a significant drop
>>153393434
>Bleach was obviously placed in the bottom on purpose,
You keep believing that
>>
>>153394319
At the time Ichigo's human body couldn't handle the speed of his Bankai, which is why he started falling behind Byakuya before his hollow took over.
>>
>>153394211
>I'm more upset that Ichigo didn't get a single good fight in the final arc,
He had two good fights in the beginning. One against that Quincy/Arrancar hybrid, and another against Quilge Opie. His third fight against Bambie's bitches was alright too.
>It would of been hype see him and Ywach square off for realises now that Ichigo unlocked his full power with Orihime's support but nope, we got Kubo'd.
Well that was pretty how it started. Initially it was cool, and the way Ichigo and Aizen were tag teaming him in round 2 of the fight was pretty hype too. It just had a lame ending when Ishida used the deus ex machina arrow to nullify Yhwach's powers. It wasn't a bad fight. Just a lame and abrupt ending to an otherwise good fight.
>that move Ichigo used to do where he speeded around until there were after images of himself
That was in the manga too, but Ichigo for a while had to stop doing that since he hadn't mastered his Bankai and the speed placed a ton of strain on his body. He didn't start using that again until much later in the manga, but his speed was just evenly matched by other characters, so he didn't get another opportunity to showcase that.
>>
>>153393434
Dropping from 900k per volume to 400k is a steep drop compared to a merely 20k on a bad week. Also that's now much BnHA sold in three days dumbass not a week.
>>153394125
You just proved me right dumbass. You're already seeing a decline in sales numbers every year and there was new merch in 2013.
>>
>>153393434
>bnha can't break 200K in the first weekend despite all it's ads.
And its still higher than Bleach in the same time period.
>>
>>153393289
He could just show them being rescued instead of Nel rushing to the rescue. And it could be done in a matter of a page. And if it would still disrupt the pacing, one page in the epilogue for Urahara. He was major enough character to warrant it.
And about Askin, from what I undersand, the argument isn't that Nel would've saved Askin over Yuushirou but simply that he wasn't there due to the battle changing places (I never bothered to analyze it though). Also, people in Bleach survived worse.
>>
>>153393032
Bleach was able to stay in the top 20 for a couple of years without an anime you stupid shit. I wonder what would happen to you with all that salt in your body if the anime came back while the manga was ongoing and the sales went up again jackass.
>>
>>153394667
>Bleach was able to stay in the top 20 for a couple of years without an anime you stupid shit.
This is how desperate Bleachfags are
> I wonder what would happen to you with all that salt in your body if the anime came back while the manga was ongoing and the sales went up again jackass.
Whelp it didn't happen so.....
>>
>>153394630
Again, its just nitpicking at this point. Adding an extra panel or two wouldn't have added anymore than what Kubo had already drawn, and maintaining the suspense of the arc is more important than adding more exposition.
>>
>>153375579
honestly I like it until the end of the aizen arc. After that it went downhill. The aizen arc would have been the perfect end desu.
>>
>>153395110
Fleshing stuff like that out was always what the anime was for.
For a while there it was really feeling like Kubo was deliberately skimping on everything because he knew the anime would fix it.
>>
I'll always have a soft spot for Bleach and Tite, sure it suffered a huge drop, but man that initial rush I got reading it. Hopefully Tite can recover and learn from his mistakes with his next book
>>
>>153394776
No shit it didn't happen but what matters is that animation sells. Toriko went from 15th in the top manga sales to somewhere outside the top fucking 40 after the anime ended but Bleach was able to stay around because people was still buying it without the anime.

I hate to see the state of Naruto if it didn't have Studio Pierrot keeping Naruto in filler hell or having to end production momentarily without any promotion like Bleach.
>>
>>153375579
I just try not to remember anything that happened after Aizen was defeated(Not really hard to do anyway since it's really forgettable after that). That was honestly a better ending then the one we got.
>>
>>153395293
Kubo has always thrived on "show, don't tell" so I don't see why people were surprised that every plot detail wasn't wrapped tightly in a bow. Its like context clues don't exist to those people.
>>
Ways in which the Final Arc could've been a LOT better:

Byakuya ACTUALLY dying, giving emotional gravitas to Rukia beating As Nodt.

Renji giving the pep talk to Rukia before she wins with her Bankai, which would reaffirm the romantic side of their relationship.

Izuru Kira staying dead. He never contributed much to the arc.

Aizen getting out of the chair and fucking shit up.

The Royal Guard ACTUALLY putting up a good fight and not jobbing so easily.

Yhwach not losing to a deus ex machina and instead legitimately losing thanks to the combined strength of Ichigo and his friends.

Aizen not just going back to jail and actually attempting to get the Soul King's power for himself, and Ichigo killing him after the two engage in hand to hand combat after having all their powers depleted.

Ichigo being forced to absorb the Soul King's powers and become the Soul King in order to rebalance the universe, which would lie in with the theme of Ichigo's role being that of a balancer.

Bittersweet ending where the universe is saved yet Ichigo can no longer have a normal life since he now has to protect the universe for all eternity.
>>
>>153395540
Neither ending answered anything so they're pretty much equal in that regard.
>>
>>153375579
I always liked naruto/one piece more than bleach. Right now i am a big Naruto fan & DBS fan. So i kinda always have sympathy towards Bleach.
>>
File: absolutely-disgusting.jpg (94KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely-disgusting.jpg
94KB, 600x450px
>>153395609
>Right now i am a big Naruto fan & DBS fan.
>>
>>153395577
No thank you, that sounds terrible and boring.
>>
File: snapshot20081008000615.jpg (46KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20081008000615.jpg
46KB, 848x480px
I know anime has a lot of filler that never adds up to anything, but I don't think I've ever seen another series go all "There's no good point add a filler arc organically into this story so we're just going to put a hard pause on it and cut to an AU story" like Bleach does.
Maybe I just don't watch enough anime.
>>
>>153395731
Pierrot really fucked up with their Bleach adaption. Its not the type of story that fits the DB pattern of main story with filler padding in between; an actual quality adaption like HxH and JoJo were given would have been much better for Bleach but Pierrot are retards.
>>
>>153394211
The Shinigami side needed more focus for the final so Ichigo was put on the sidelines for most of the arc.

Also when Bleach ever comes up I always compare it with Naruto and One Piece but the thing is at least Ichigo had alot of time spent on him for most of the series with fights while Naruto was barely in Shippuden and only had like 4 fights before the war while whining and hyperventilating about Sasuke all the fucking time.

In this part of the story it was mostly about Saucegay's edgy adventures so about half of the cast didn't have any spotlight at all unlike Bleach where almost everyone contributed.
>>
>>153395603
Yeah but I think ending it when Ichigo lost his powers is just a much more natural ending then the final one. The whole timeskip to lets show off our kids thing felt pretty trite
>>
>>153395731
At the very least it was funny how the anime poked fun at itself for cutting abruptly to filler.
>>
Shit nigga, Bleach is my favorite anime
I could name 100 that are objectively better, but nothing beats the hype and the feeling bleach gave me
>>
>>153395948
I'd agree but I had way too much fun with the last arc, for all I care Ichigo's story could have ended after Aizen and the rest of the manga could have focused on the Shinigami.
>>
>>153395659
Not as bad as your sex life.
>>
File: snapshot20110105174319.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20110105174319.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
>>153396023
Let's not forget all the kooky single episode, let's base a story around a random illustration kubo did episodes.
>>
>>153395110
I agree that adding this wouldn't really make the ending considerably better. All I'm saying is that fans having problem with that is understandable.
It shouldn't be so hard for Kubo to include info about Urahara somewhere naturally, and they would appreciate a detail like it.
Like Uryuu becoming a doctor - Ryuuken didn't even appear after the arrow delievery ,and it already says much about his relationship with his son.

But coming back to the original point - it wasn't just Urahara - we don't know what has become of Squad 0, info about the status of Soul King wasn't given until the novel, Ganju, after Kuukaku started forcing him to work his ass off and him making appearance years in advance, only arrives to fight statues, he doesn't even mention his connection with Ichigo etc. etc. If it was only one or few of those, you could say it was a detail lost along the way or fans had too much expectations. But all of those combined show that the end phase of Bleach was poorly planned and/or rushed.
at the end.
>>
>>153396271
Oh God, those episodes were horrible. Why is Pierrot so fucking awful?
>>
>>153396176
Nah, my sex life isn't terrible, just boring.
>>
File: bleach halloween.jpg (111KB, 736x525px) Image search: [Google]
bleach halloween.jpg
111KB, 736x525px
>>153396311
You mean you didn't want the story behind every random illustration kubo ever did?
>>
>>153396283
Its just redundancy, nothing more and nothing less. Fans who were disappointed with the lack of exposition should have known better, the Arrancar arc ended with even less explaination, character fates unknown until the next arc, ect.
>>
File: Bleach New Years.jpg (245KB, 2225x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Bleach New Years.jpg
245KB, 2225x1600px
>>153396409
The one good one based on an illustration was the New Years one where Orihime usually spends her New Years alone since she has no family, but Rukia helped gather all her friends together to cheer her up and spend it together. It was a sweet episode.
>>
>>153395110
>and maintaining the suspense of the arc is more important than adding more exposition.
Except the arc was boring as fuck there's was barely any suspense whatsoever.
>>
>>153396534
That certainly is an opinion.
>>
>>153396664
Well given the general reception of the final arc, the sales and everyone's disappointment in general its certainly a popular opinion.
>>
>>153396707
And now you're projecting.
>>
>>153395731
You should watch Naruto then. There is no anime I can think of that's worst when it comes to shitty filler. At least Bleach had beautiful animation for the crazy stunts they did.
>>
I know it's dumb but I like that characters in Bleach changes clothes every now and then.
>>
File: Reception.png (217KB, 1221x428px) Image search: [Google]
Reception.png
217KB, 1221x428px
>>153396765
Nope just stating the truth. You're just delusional. I was willing to give Kubo the benefit of the doubt that Shuiesha rushed him to finish it but he claims that the ending was what he intended from the start, way to piss away all the good will you had with your fans who put up with your bullshit for years. Let's just hop his next work is better.
>>
>>153396835
>At least Bleach had beautiful animation for the crazy stunts they did.
No it didn't. The only filler that looked decent was that shitty mod soul one mainly because they used the budget that they were going to use for a 5th movie on it for the most part all the fillers looked like shit.
>>
>>153396845
That's common in most shounen
>>
File: 1441901550861.png (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1441901550861.png
21KB, 400x400px
>>153375579
Bleach is my favorite manga, I've discovered the anime 6 years ago, and I miss the series dearly, including the weekly discussions.
The memories will be with me until the end.
>>
>>153397097
You are one sad strange little man.
>>
>>153396889
I'd take the Amazon Japan reception with a grain of salt if I were you. Japanese shitposters are notorious for downvoting the fuck out of newly released tankoban of many series.
>>
>>153376132
Powerlevel shit seemed to stop in the final arc, though. Random nazis took out a guy even Aizen was afraid of.
>>
>>153397209
Even the shittiest volume of OP get five star reviews what does that say about Bleach?
>>
>>153397305
Nothing. It just says that One Piece is more popular and the shitposters get drowned out by the number of people who like One Piece.
>>
>>153395648
this
>>
File: Naruto.png (249KB, 1356x428px) Image search: [Google]
Naruto.png
249KB, 1356x428px
>>153397209
While what you say is true the majority of the reviews pretty much highlight the same problems echo by everyone about the ending so it isn't just shippers being butthurt or 2ch shitposting like what happened with the latest volume of BnHA people were generally disappointed. In comparison to the last volume of Naruto which received less harsher criticism because the ending was thematically satisfying despite the final battle being just as messy.
>>
>>153396889
>other people dislike Bleach
>assumes the opinion of everyone who dislike Bleach are unanimous
>STILL thinking sales = quality

At least try to form you own opinion.
>>
>>153396931
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah24Tz4J53w

That's what I meant but the Zanpakto Rebellion Arc had great animation too and it was the 4th movie. Even if you didn't like it, the filler arcs usually have better animation. Look at Naruto for proof.
>>
File: Zangetsu.png (344KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Zangetsu.png
344KB, 640x480px
>>153389884
>>153390044
My niggas
Shirosaki was a God in this series
>>
>>153397534
That is also true.
>>
>>153390044
God I miss Shirosaki. He was always so fucking cocky and awesome.
>>
File: you.jpg (155KB, 466x379px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
155KB, 466x379px
>>153397600
>>
>>153397781
Keep posting
>>
>>153390744
I think the Aizen arc, if it ended there, would have had minimal issues wrapping it all up. Sure, there are unwrapped plot hooks, but that's okay - look at shit like LotR, by the end of the story there's plenty of shit we know literally nothing about but it doesn't matter.
>>
File: 1486789890491.png (510KB, 951x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1486789890491.png
510KB, 951x1400px
>>153397600
That's right. I guess Shokugeki, Prison School, and fucking Tokyo Ghoul are better than Bleach after they hit their peaks and became utter shit because the sales are better? Nah it's mostly the art, ecchi, promotion, and edge in their respective series.
>>
>>153397898
Shokugeki could be decent if Azami just fucked off in general and shippers fucked off forever.
>>
>>153397898
>. I guess Shokugeki, Prison School, and fucking Tokyo Ghoul are better than Bleach after they hit their peaks and became utter shit because the sales are better?
Yeah that's how bad Bleach got. I'm not sure why this fanbase want to deny the sales drop so much.
>>
>>153397986
>Shokugeki could be decent if Azami just fucked off in general and shippers fucked off forever

The shippers, that's another reason why people read that shit. Soma-kun and Erina are basically why everyone on this board is still reading while ignoring this boring ass match about "the power of friendship".
>>
>>153398147
>are basically why everyone on this board is still reading
Speak for yourself, I give precisely zero shits about the main pairing. Souma is blatantly unlikeable and has a dumb as fuck HAHA NAO I IS COOKING smile while Erina simply holds no appeal for me. The only reason I'm reading it is Rindou memery and because I've been with the ride for long enough that I feel like dropping it is just too much.
>>
>>153398065
I already said why they get more sales but it's obvious that people rather enjoy boring ass chapters rather then read Bleach because it gets so much hate.

I'm not saying what Kubo did to the manga was effective enough for sales but it's terrible to consider the manga I listed as even close to how entertaining Bleach was most of the final arc and due to Japan's shit taste. Also I guess Gintama is shit too since it ranked lower then Bleach a couple times.
>>
>>153398537
Nah go to any Shokugeki thread and the only thing that's discussed to death is Erina's development and her relationships with the buddy squad. I just wanna see how bad it's gonna get like Tokyo Ghoul.

I mean almost all of the cast are complete jobbers in one damn page. The end game is completely pointless now.
>>
File: 1479318544047.png (495KB, 810x604px) Image search: [Google]
1479318544047.png
495KB, 810x604px
>>153398611
>people rather enjoy boring ass chapters rather then read Bleach
This is an oxymoron
>>153398611
>but it's terrible to consider the manga I listed as even close to how entertaining Bleach was most of the final arc and due to Japan's shit taste
Are you fags still following that stupid meme chart? The arc was largely dull and filled with a plethora of poorly written sequences even the faggot who made that chart gave up on it because even he saw that he couldn't continue on with the charade anymore.
>Also I guess Gintama is shit too since it ranked lower then Bleach a couple times.
Well the last arc of Gintama has not been good as of late but its not a bottom dweller like Bleach was.
>>
>>153375579

Everything about this Bankai reveal is perfect to me.

and love the design. It makes me think of Neo, sort of, if the Matrix was a TV anime instead.
>>
>>153398828
>and the only thing that's discussed to death is Erina's development
Because of shippers. Shippers are fucking everywhere and it's fucking terrible.

>complete jobbers
Yeah but they'll win against Paladin-kun anyway :DDD
>>
What did Jushiro's shikai do?
>>
File: bleach-chapter-558-page-18.png (319KB, 900x1300px) Image search: [Google]
bleach-chapter-558-page-18.png
319KB, 900x1300px
It was a long time ago but I still remember the feels in this scene
>>
>>153398830
>Are you fags still following that stupid meme chart? The arc was largely dull and filled with a plethora of poorly written sequences even the faggot who made that chart gave up on it because even he saw that he couldn't continue on with the charade anymore.
Fuck the chart what I'm talking about is the entertainment value. I know Kubo fucked up alot but you can't tell me cooking team ups and everyone and their ancestors are ghouls is more appealing then Urahara vs Askin, Mayuri vs Pernida, and Ichigo's new form.

>Well the last arc of Gintama has not been good as of late but its not a bottom dweller like Bleach was
The thing is if you can even give examples of people on this board being "hyped" for these other bottom dwelling manga when before the ending Bleach was getting respect.
>>
>>153399079
Nigga I hope by jobbers you mean Soma-kun and friends cuz the others are the shittiest tier. I already said this before but idiots defended Saeki or whoever's writing cuz they "already had their development".

I still can't name anyone Soma-kun knew in the last 3 years of reading.
>>
>>153399811
>cuz the others
Who? The 1st Seat of the Elite 10?
>>
>>153399345
Intercept energy attacks and then recasts it, altering it's trajectory and power.
>>
I still like it but those good feelings are coming from all the way back in the SS arc, it hasn't been good since then, but I liked that part so much all those years ago that I won't even dislike it.
>>
>>153400030
I thought by jobbers you meant Soma-kun and his harem. The others are the true jobbers, Smokey, Glasses, and the Buttbros. I'm running a blank on the others.
>>
>>153400728
Those guys literally have gotten kicked out and the Battle of Friendship (against the top tiers of the E10) is to save them.
>>
>>153399346
Did he ever get the antidote for his consumed heart.
>>
>tfw after the timeskip /a/ was optimistic that Bleach was getting back on track
>tfw what actually happened
>>
>>153401183
/a/ seems overly pesemistic to newfags but when it actually comes down to brass tacks, /a/ is almost always overly optimistic.
>>
File: beard.png (416KB, 980x980px) Image search: [Google]
beard.png
416KB, 980x980px
>>153380835
I kept updating that for a while into the whole eyeball phase before giving up
>>
>>153400814
I wonder if my boy Soma-kun has to bail them out every time they lose a Shokugeki since they're so useless. It should have been like a 20 vs 10 in a battle royale.
>>
>>153389888
Right? Everyone always says SS was best or that the God Aizen part was best but it was that sweet spot right when the Arrancar where still new and mysterious that the whole series was at its best. Right before Grimmjow and Ulquiorra had to be shoehorned back into the spotlight.
>>
>>153393766
Ichigo vs Ulquiorra was top kino.
>>
>>153384622
>Most of these are incredibly minor plot details

And the rest are huge.
>>
File: 1486591374620.gif (967KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486591374620.gif
967KB, 500x500px
>>153401385
>ichirukifags thought young yhwach would show up as the ichiruki baby in the last chapter
>>
>>153401663
and when the Visored were still this cool uncertain 3rd party to the whole looming war scenario
>>
>>153401551
>Bail them out
Against monsters like Eishi and possibly Rindou? At this point Rindou looks to be Shinomiya class.
>>
>>153375579
I have soft spot for the Bleach that existed in my head. Not so much for the Bleach that was actually on the page.
>>
>>153380835
Ajimu from Medaka Box in a sense.
>>
File: visoredmask.png (239KB, 2442x653px) Image search: [Google]
visoredmask.png
239KB, 2442x653px
>>153401837
I always feel like I'm the only one who thinks so, but the Visored masks after Ichigo, Hirako, and Hiyori's ruined the aesthetic of the group
>>
>>153401967
I guess Kubo didn't want them to all look the same.
>>
Reminder that we only hated bleach because it got popular, now that it's not anymore we can like it again.
>>
My best Bleach memory was watching it late at night on as and seeing the episode when the mask mysteriously reappeared and saved Ichigo from death against Zaraki. I nearly shit my pants as a kid seeing that, Youroichi's creepy look scared me to death.
>>
File: thicc grasshopper booty.gif (909KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
thicc grasshopper booty.gif
909KB, 500x250px
>>153401967
What ever happened to Mashiro?
>>
File: Scan_106.jpg (441KB, 1320x2070px) Image search: [Google]
Scan_106.jpg
441KB, 1320x2070px
>>153401967
Love's was kinda passable, though the nose was a little weird. None of the hollows ever really had a clearly defined human nose
>>
File: mashiro.jpg (2MB, 1470x1911px) Image search: [Google]
mashiro.jpg
2MB, 1470x1911px
>>153402217
vanished training Hisagi to unlock the bankai he never used never to be seen again
>>
>>153402217
Recent novel revealed that she protecting the academy during the second invasion. She's fine and alive.
>>
File: rangda-03.jpg (74KB, 341x512px) Image search: [Google]
rangda-03.jpg
74KB, 341x512px
>>153401967
it didn't quite fit the hollow/arrancar/visored style but Hacchi's Balinese demon queen looking mask was a cool direction to take it
>>
File: Ichigo vs. Kenpachi.png (313KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ichigo vs. Kenpachi.png
313KB, 640x480px
There was this post where someone mentioned some fights that could have been awesome and the one that stuck with me was Hachigen vs. Lille, which raised the possibility of Hacchi capturing Lille's projectiles in his barriers and using them against Lille himself.

What fights do you think had the potential to be really interesting?
>>
>>153401889
The thing is they never got a stick of development so getting BTFO by the strongest chefs immediately is hilarious as fuck. Their first Shokugekis were utter rape where after they win, the job squad will never do anything important ever like usual. It's like the rookie nine but worst.
>>
>>153402466
Okay that's a relief. Besides the other loose ends at least Shaz, Kira, and Mashiro were all accounted for by sensible means.
>>
File: 1394847407202.jpg (50KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1394847407202.jpg
50KB, 300x300px
>>153401676
>that short high budget recreation of the fight at the start of the 4th movie
>>
>>153402682
I know everyone fucking loves the Hacchi-v-Baraggan fight but I always thought it was a stupid waste of potential. We'd had the explicit explanation given that Orihime's powers were beyond the scope of time: they manipulated the abstract concept of "events." We had a whole thing where Hacchi says her powers are like his and he even helps her learn how to use her powers more effectively. We also saw examples of how his barriers worked on event-based logic. So his event rejecting powers make sense as the sole counter to Barragan's seemingly untouchable time powers, which I can only imagine he did on purpose and.... Kubo just up and has a stroke and forgets what the hell he was doing and runs with the retarded severed arm plan. It was a stupid fucking fight and even though all the visored got shafted in that series of fights and Hacchi least of all, he still deserved better. He should have been able to completely curbstomp Barragan.
>>
>>153402898
Yoruichi and Urahara were also confirmed to be alive and well.
>>
>>153403236
Which novel was it?
>>
How strong are Yoruichi and Kisuke? How useless was Yoruichi's Zanpakuto that she abandoned it?
>>
File: EmRVqe.jpg (72KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
EmRVqe.jpg
72KB, 900x506px
>>153403018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUM8Fp7KUyg

Oh so you mean this greatness right here? This was the best movie.
>>
>>153403324
The Renruki wedding novel that came out December. It revealed that they were both alive and well.

-Yoruichi teaches at the academy a few times a year, and we got a doodle of her. She was wearing her iconic outfit from the SS arc.

-Urahara sent Renji and Rukia a message giving his congrats on their upcoming wedding.
>>
File: masks.png (419KB, 1363x1334px)
masks.png
419KB, 1363x1334px
>>153401967
I really wish something more sensible had come of Ichigo's whole growing stripe count. the whole fight with his dark side thing felt like it should have culminated in something akin to the black escaflowne at least once
>>
>>153376270
Was the arc image never updated to include the ending? That's kinda a let down
>>
File: ichigos.jpg (848KB, 1082x1442px) Image search: [Google]
ichigos.jpg
848KB, 1082x1442px
>>153403587
ichigo's entire progression of power ups got stupid
>>
>>153403451
I guess no one even read it or know of the novels since people are still crying over Urahara's and Grimmjow's "deaths".
>>
>>153403814
>I guess no one even read it or know of the novels
As of 1/29/17, the novel sold 55k copies.
>>
It's still weird that Bleach is over.
Mostly because I am way behind on my shonen jumps and thus haven't seen the ending yet.
>>
>>153375579
The artstyle, atmosphere, and good characters made up for kubos bullsshit I felt. Especially in the beginning of the series, he was very good at making scenes feel good. Even later on, as the plot devolved into nonsense, it still felt this way. Only in the last arc did he really lose his touch completely. I know the series was really flawed, but I enjoyed reading and watching it the first time, and I definitely have a special place in my heart for it. The same for any of the entry level shounen anime and manga I watched really. There's something exciting and special about the first few anime you watch, that you can't really feel again after watching several hundred. Bleach may have been shit, but it had a certain feeling to it that I still have fond memories of.
>>
>>153403751
I loved the flaming reiatsu effect Mugetsu and his Fullbring had. I wish that had stuck around for a bit longer or carried into his other power-ups.
>>
man I wish the vizard didn't get shafted so hard

they have the best designed zanpakutos.
>>
was it ever even explained what the soul king was or why it was interested in meeting ichigo? this is just the problem is so many loose ends and question marks never resolved since they rushed bleach out the door in the final chapters. either kubo was not able to do his true vision or he lost his way somewhere, because there was alot of cool shit to like even as it began to decline
>>
>>153404915
No
A lot of shit was never explained.
>>
Who should voice the Sternritter if the final arc were to be animated?
>>
File: Yhwach.jpg (100KB, 742x1143px) Image search: [Google]
Yhwach.jpg
100KB, 742x1143px
>>153404978
Jouji Nakata as Yhwach.
>>
File: IMG_0232.jpg (2MB, 7316x5000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0232.jpg
2MB, 7316x5000px
The last arc killed it for me, but I had been growing desentetized over the years.
I feel like Kubo progressively dropped everything the series was about originally along the way.
The comfy Karakura setting, Hollows, the fucking main cast was basically dropped along the way and reduced to jobbers with 0 screen time, by constantly shoving captains in every single arc.
I do admit early Bleach, specially the first arc, is still quite dear to me.
>>
What I don't understand about the fandom is the accusation of Bleach only being about fights and soundtrack. The fights are drawn out a lot but most of them at least have some meaning to them be it philosophical or idealistic. I mean does One Piece and Naruto go in depth with the villains enough is what I’m saying. Pain, Kisame, and Itachi were the only ones that actually had some meaning to them from what I’ve seen but Kubo does put a lot effort at least in fleshing out some of his characters.

>Aizen vs Gin - Gin followed Aizen's orders so that he can get back what was taken from Rangiku while deceiving her and in the end he still couldn’t do it

>Nnoitra vs Kenpachi- died in despair while finally realizing he cared about Nel and that Nel cared about him. He died exactly the way he wanted to

>Byakuya vs Zommari - after trying to execute his own sister he realized that his pride all along was Rukia

>Ichigo vs Aizen - Aizen was truly alone all his life and wanted someone who can be what he considered an equal

>Tosen vs Komamura - evaluating what is truly justice and that revenge is what truly blinds people

>Komamura vs Bambietta - Komamura realizes that the same treason he resented Tosen for doing is what he has done as well

>Mayuri vs Pernida - considered perfection the end of all imagination and progress but Nemu was a perfect creation who he started to care for, which also went against his ideals as a scientist

>Ichigo vs Grimmjow - after fighting Ichigo, Grimmjow was told that in order to become king he can’t destroy everything around him

>Kenpachi vs Unohana - Unohana finally found the one person who can make who feel truly happy and Kenpachi was finally able to defeat the person he couldn’t for so long

>Ichigo vs Ulquiorra - after fighting Ichigo, he talks to Orihime and finds out what a heart really is before he dies
>>
>>153391025
>inheriting House Kuchiki.
She can't. She is Abarai Rukia.
>>
>>153405567
That'd work but how about all of them from B to Z?
>>
>>153405852
Do the rest matter compared to Nakata?
>>
File: sternritspread.png (3MB, 1528x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sternritspread.png
3MB, 1528x1200px
>>153406049
Honestly yhwach was the least interesting villain of the arc, even his most forgettable goons at least had some flair
>>
>>153405693
Also,

>Rukia vs. As Nodt - Rukia finally receives the praise she wanted from Byakuya, who finally acknowledges how strong Rukia has become, and that she no longer has anything to fear as she can protect herself and others. As Nodt realizes his power of fear was really his own inner fear of dying that he was projecting on others.
>>
File: 0015.png (2MB, 2120x3030px) Image search: [Google]
0015.png
2MB, 2120x3030px
I'd just like to say that despite all the flaws the series has, I still really like Orihime and IchiHime.
>>
File: As Nodt.jpg (901KB, 1536x2152px) Image search: [Google]
As Nodt.jpg
901KB, 1536x2152px
>>153406049
>>153406211
Takahiro Sakurai as As Nodt.
>>
>>153390232
I for the life of me still don't get how One Piece is so overwhelmingly popular. I just got to the end of the Enies Lobby arc, and while I think it's an ok series, I'm not understanding how it became the phenomenon that it is.
>>
It dramatically shifted from ghosts and teenager angst to dbz with swords in like 5 chapters.
>>
>>153405693
The fact that you can't see how extremely simplistic that all is and that similar themes are in all kinds of battle shonen shows how easily satisfied you are and why you think Bleach is remotely good

This people in this thread defending Bleach are filled with people like you. The series had great designs and was an utter mess outside of it, that's it.
>>
>>153406596
You just don't understand a man's heart.
>>
>>153406596
It's a massive scale adventure serie that has a clear vision and makes consistent progress

Also the main cast is great, hands down one of the most likeable in any battle shonen. A great main cast goes along way, something Bleach sorely lacked among many other things.
>>
>>153406211
bambi a fuckin best
>>
It should have been Ichigo + Rukia for Christ fucking sakes! I still can't and won't get over this! 15 YEARS!
>>
File: IMG_0216.jpg (121KB, 800x1174px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0216.jpg
121KB, 800x1174px
>>153408044
Nope.
>>
>>153375579
>Dozens of characters.
>Only focuses on Ichigo.
>Could of have made multiple stories around different characters.
>>
>>153408642
>Caring about most of the characters.
A lot of them shouldn't have been made.
>>
File: Bleachvd.jpg (183KB, 1283x721px) Image search: [Google]
Bleachvd.jpg
183KB, 1283x721px
Holy fuck Yachiru was beyond brutal, for simple a mobage the writers know how to make fun events.
>>
File: fa.jpg (89KB, 736x542px) Image search: [Google]
fa.jpg
89KB, 736x542px
>>153406211
Those outfits are terrible, what the fuck happened kubo.
>>
>>153397136
He's not the only one.
>>
>>153403751
His Fullbring Bankai is missing.
>>
>>153407339
Hate to brake it to you but Sanji has been getting fucked up more than Chad and cucked. Robin, Chopper, Nami, Ussop, and Franky aren't doing shit these past years whereas Luffy, Zoro, and Brook are the only guys I can count on.

Also as much hate Bleach gets for rescue arcs, One Piece has fucking three while Naruto has 4 retrieval arcs. All I'm saying is One Piece is horribly overrated when compared to actual good manga.
>>
>>153375836
This description should fit anyone with half a working brain desu.
>>
>>153408904
Wasn't this also a reference to an omake from Kubo where Yachiru referenced that scene?
>>
>>153403893
A week later the novel has already sold 58k:
http://book-rank.net/rank/data.cgi?all=5&word=9784087034127&mode=rank&mode2=&bt=
>>
Who's stronger? Ichibei or Yamamoto?
>>
>>153397986
>>153398147
I went to a shokugeki thread once since people seemed pretty hype about it, it turned out to be a shipping general, needless to say I never went again.
>>
>>153411443
>All I'm saying is One Piece is horribly overrated when compared to actual good manga.
And now you went full hyperbole and implied One Piece isn't actually good, which is just plain wrong.
>>
Was the big crescent shaped blade at the end of the chain on Toshiro's sword ever useful? I only remember it getting in the way.
>>
>>153413065
That's a little hard to call.
>>
>>153395731
There was one of the last fillers about the sword spirits coming alive. To this day some of the fights were more entartaining than the ones in the main story.
>>
>>153405567
It's the only way.
>>
>>153413242
Only because the spirits used the Zanpakuto in ways the Soul Reapers wouldn't think of.
>>
File: cookies.jpg (2MB, 1572x1140px) Image search: [Google]
cookies.jpg
2MB, 1572x1140px
>>153408904
Kubo wrote that, not mobage writers.
>>
>>153413125
He's able to hook it around other opponents' blades and disarm them, but it depend on the strength of his opponent. IIRC he tried that on Gin but it didn't work.
>>
>>153413540
Fucking kek.
>>
File: benis.png (12KB, 82x76px) Image search: [Google]
benis.png
12KB, 82x76px
>>153404978

>Mamoru Miyano as Haschwalth
>Yuu Kobayashi as Giselle
>Kazuya Nakai as Bazz-B
>Kazuhiko Inoue as Askin
>Masaya Matsukaze as Äs Nödt
>Nobuo Tobita as Quilge

As for Yhwach, either have Takayuki Sugo voice both him and Zangetsu or pick someone else. I agree Jouji Nakata is the prefect voice.
>>
>>153413091
The timeskip has been mostly shit with only one good fight in Dressrosa starring Luffy and Doffy. Now tell me another fight that was so goddamn brilliant since then.
>>
>>153413069
I wouldn't go there either. I was hoping they would eat Jou's ass out with that pointless flashback but instead everything was about either Erina or who's gonna show off more bullshit.
>>
File: C2-xiqzVIAA5siK.jpg (65KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
C2-xiqzVIAA5siK.jpg
65KB, 640x640px
>>153412967
So it took just a little over 6 weeks for WDKALY to reach what DSTS sold in 12 weeks.

DSTS

1st week (Aug 27-Sep 2)- 6,312
2nd week (Sep 3-9) - 34,797 (cumulative 41,109)
Total by Nov 18, 2012 - 55,505 (12 weeks)

WDKALY

1st week (Dec 19-25) - 9,979
2nd week (Dec 26-Jan 1) - 20,557 (cum. 30,536)
3rd week (Jan 2-8) - 10,524 (cum. 41,060)
4th week (Jan 9-15) - 6,809 (cum. 47,869)
5th week (Jan 16-22) - 4,300 (cum. 52,169)
6th week (Jan 22-28) - 2,862 (cum. 55,031)
7th week (Jan 29-Feb 5) - 3,054 (cum. 58,085)

IRs btfo again
>>
I quit after the Soul Society arc and never intend to return. Was a 5/5 favorite shounen ever.
>>
Bleach is kinda like what Dragon Ball would be like if every arc was Namek
>>
File: C0rqaPUVIAAjDQM.jpg (109KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C0rqaPUVIAAjDQM.jpg
109KB, 1200x900px
>Kubo's author profile in the novel is about him liking Christmas cake and roast turkey
Has Kubo legit gone mad?
>>
>>153413993
I wonder if Hisagi novel will break 100k. I mean if you'd assume it will sold relative to SAFWY the same way WDkALY sold relative to DSTS that would be to be expected. Hisagi is a much popular character than DK was, and arrancars are going to make an appearance, too.
I'm wondering whether WDkALY being just a long ass epilogue with no actual plot is its stength or weakness, though.
>>
>>153414990
*will sell
>>
>>153414990
WDkALY has the same style that the rest of Matsubara Makoto novels for Bleach.

I think that the novel is selling well because, apart from getting more information about Bleach, fans like to read about the romantic lives of the characters.
>>
>>153390232
Nice source there pal!
>>153394522
>It dropped from 160 millions to 130! alert the press that means we need to cancel every Bleach merch!

You're fucking retarded
>>
>>153414990
*Arrancar are not stated to make an appearance. We will just find out their secret. For all we know this could just mean something like the origins of the Arrancar or Hueco Mundo. But the Hisagi novel will sell more for the simple fact that Narita's name is much more known than the name of the other author.
>>
>>153415345
To sell more than "Spirits are forever with you" novel, that it sold 93,319 copies in around 6 months:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=526604
>>
>>153415064
Yeah, I know it's the same. What I'm interested in is whether it's the only thing people want now that the series concluded (some wrap up for the characters, including romance) or will the nostalgia/ending boost etc. also extend to a novel that's gonna be more action based and will deal with some of franchise's long standing mysteries.

>>153415345

>Arrancar are not stated to make an appearance
Well, maybe you're right. The phrasing I've seen was 'reveal more about', possibly I just jumped to conclusion. Either way I don't really see Hisagi being the only major manga character in the story (judging by SAFWY), and if it's going to reveal something about arrancars, fullbringers and 4 noble houses I think it's a safe bet that at least some of these group will be represented.
>>
>>153415526

First reply meant for
>>153415275
>>
>>153414223
namek was the best arc
>>
>>153415275
Ironically, there is barely any romance in the wedding novel. The wedding is told matter-of-factly and most of the novel is about how people have bonded after the war.
>>
>>153414990
I'm a sucker for long ass epilogues, so I mostly like it. I just wish Kubo had written it in manga form instead. There's also the matter of people unnaturally speak to each other as if the scenes take place 3 months after the war, and not 3 years. I know they're shinigami but it's still weird.
>>
>>153415597

I'm afraid you are mistaken

it was in fact the worst arc by far

the only good part of the whole thing is when Goku finally fights Frieza

the rest is just pointless running around a barren lifeless landscape and Goku/Vegeta styling on supreme jobbers
>>
>>153415668
But the marriage is there, and Renji and Rukia are blushing and telling that they are getting married, and they are wearing their wedding attires. And there is something about Ichigo and Orihime too. That is enough for fans who like romance in a battle series to have interest in the novel.
>>
>>153414990

>I'm wondering whether WDkALY being just a long ass epilogue with no actual plot is its stength or weakness, though.

Definitely its strength. Matsubara's novels are all like this, 'slice of life' type stories whereas Narita is more action based stories. Matsubara's novels are also good for minor plot points like the few we've already gotten resolved in WDkALY.

>>153415668

Actually there is though, plus a good deal of the novel hasn't been translated yet so we may get even more there. It's the right amount for a novel based on an action based manga.
>>
>>153415845
I also think the best arc in Dragon Ball is the Namek/Frieza arc. In fact I thought most people found this arc the best.
I also liked the fist arc when they gather together all the dragon balls for the first time.
I didn't like much the rest of the series, especially I found insufferable the androids/cell arc. I've only read the manga, although only once, and perhaps is different with the anime.
>>
>>153403751
But don't you get it at the start of the series when he fights Kenpachio and the very moment he kills yhwach are the moments where he is at his strongest.
>>
What was Ishida planning? did he thought that all the quincies were retarded?
>>
>>153413065
Ichibei by far.
>>
>>153375579
Honestly bleach should have just concluded after Aizen's defeat, and then spent a few episodes tying up the loose ends and fixing the plot holes.
>>
>>153382740
Behind every great king, a queen. Behind every great downfall, a parasite shaped like facial hair in timelapse photography.

And then you remember his speech to "Ichigo" (Kon) Nnoitra Hollow Kariya Kokuto Toshiro about jumping from one grain of sand to the next while he observes all possible routes and outcomes.
>>
How bad were Kubo's health problems
>>
>>153384092
>kids these days I tell you
>>
>>153403710
Nah, it was updated later on. Last time I checked was just before the end, but I didn't save it.
>>
>>153416837
He wanted to find a way to discover any weaknesses Yhwach had, but he got in over his head.
>>
>>153418118
Not bad enough that he had to stop working, but bad enough that it hindered his work ethic.
Gotta give Kubo respect for him to man up and keep working even when he was feeling like shit.
Meanwhile Togashi gets to go on hiatus for months on end when he gets the common cold or pulls the "Ow, my back" card.
>>
You can't mention Bleach without in the same breath mentioning Naruto. Naruto was better because it actually had something somewhat resembling an actual plot and consistent storyline that followed through the entirety of the series. Bleach just lost its way after some time. I'd also argue that the Narutoverse makes more sense, but both are battle shonens so let's not dig too deep into that. I just found the whole spirit/soul society system in Bleach very confusing.
>people become souls in soul society when they die
>but they can also be born as souls to begin with
>and they can go back to the human world and interact with humans
>ichigo's father is in actuality a soul from soul society and his mother was a quincy who's technically a human being

That made virtually no sense.

I'd argue that Bleach started off stronger with the Soul Society arc which was wildly entertaining, but then only fell further and further down only to never really pick up again, with the odd exceptions such as the Ulquiorra battle. Naruto on the other hand started out strong; not as strong as Bleach, but still strong, but then instead of consistently dropping off instead had a multitude of arcs and moments worth remembering, with the Pain Invasion and the few arcs before that being the absolute peak of the series as a whole. At that point in time, Naruto was genuinely fucking amazing. Start of Shippuuden was weak, but it picked up again.

And here we're approaching the end of both series. Both final arcs of both manga were awful. Madara's wild ride was fun, and it was cool seeing all the hokages fighting, combined with the Sasuke fight, but ultimately the ending with Madara being backstabbed by Kaguya was extremely underwhelming and ruined it for a lot of readers. Bleach's ending was rushed and Kubo spent too much time on irrelevant side characters such as the giant sternritter who was extremely uninteresting but just refused to die.

All in all, Naruto wins. But I still enjoyed Bleach.
>>
>>153418733
Fuck off Narutard
>>
>>153418733
8/10
>>
>>153380835
So he was 100% beard at birth?
>>
File: Kubo knife.jpg (74KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Kubo knife.jpg
74KB, 600x800px
>>153414941
Have you ever read Kubi's comments in the weekly author's notes in Jump? On his Twitter? In various tankoban? Kubo is a huge foodie. He's very moe.
>>
>>153418733
tl;dr
>>
>>153405741
No she isn't, look up the chapter she gets named Captain of Squad 13. She kept the Kuchiki name, Renji is a cuck.
>>
>>153421082
Err read the novel dumbass, her name is Abarai Rukia but she uses Kuchiki while on duty
>>
File: tk.jpg (159KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
tk.jpg
159KB, 333x500px
>>153420319
Too his wife has pussifed him and he can't even handle all the autistic trolling he gets anymore.
Where's the rockstar kubo of old who didn't give a fuck?
>>
>>153421082
>She kept the Kuchiki name, Renji is a cuck.

Read the novel. She did take Renji's last name, but uses Kuchiki on duty because the thought of being called "Mrs.Abarai" by so many people made her too flustered/dere.
>>
File: 1355859463241.gif (3MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
1355859463241.gif
3MB, 480x272px
>>153376270
But how does that not validate the fact that most of the 1000 Year Blood war was good? People making this shit and doing this just kind of validates that people were into the final arc, even with it's faults.

>>153375579
There is about 4 arcs that are good, and 2 arcs that are bad.

Good arcs (in the order of quality)
Soul Society (9-20)
Pre-Reaper (1-8)
1000 Year Blood War (55-74)
Arrrancar Hueco Mundo (21-32)

Bad arcs:
Fake Karakura Town (33-48)
Fullbring (49-54)

It was FAR more worth reading than Naruto.
>>
>>153422443
>Fullbring (49-54)
I really enjoyed the FB arc. The focus the human nakama got was nice.
>>
>>153422443
I didn't think that TYBW was a bad arc. I actually thought it was good. Despite the criticisms I mentioned, it did have an explosive start with some crazy twists and had some great battles. The Final Arc had its ups and downs in terms of quality, and by the end it was apparent that Kubo got burned out, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
>>
>>153422551
Fullbring had some good moments (Tsukashima mind fucking Ichigo, Ruruka, etc) but it was basically Chapter Black: Bleach Edition.
>>
>>153421766
The 2011 earthquake called, it'd like to remind you that ambient exposure is a thing.
>>
File: kubo.jpg (44KB, 466x632px) Image search: [Google]
kubo.jpg
44KB, 466x632px
>>153421766
Eh, he's just getting older.

Come to think of it, Kubo will turn 40 this year. What present will you give Kubo, /a/?
>>
File: Bleach girls kubo sketch.jpg (143KB, 798x555px) Image search: [Google]
Bleach girls kubo sketch.jpg
143KB, 798x555px
>>153422443
Karakura Arc laid the foundation for the characters, Bleach's world, and mood, but it couldn't remain as a simple monster of the week story so it was wise for Kubo to move on.
8/10

Soul Society arc was Bleach at its prime. It was a perfect arc with great writing, introduced tons of characters, and made Bleach the juggernaut it was.
10/10

The Arrancar arc is more complex since it was divided into 3 parts:

It started interesting since it branched off from where we left on in Soul Society and introduced the Visoreds, who were a widcard faction at the time. And the looming war with Aizen and the Arrancars, an even more threatening enemy put readers on the edge of their seat.
7/10

Hueco Mundo kinda came off as a bit of a rehash of Soul Society in how Ichigo's friends traveled to a strange unknown world to rescue one of their friends, but it worked since the enemy was different, and the world seemed more threatening since it was a barren and hollow (no pun intended) wasteland. Plus the new grudge matches that Ichigo had with Grimmjow and Ulquiorra kept readers riveted.
8/10

Fake Karakura dragged on in the first half and was a real slog to get through for weekly readers since it was littered with battles between minor Shinigami and fodder Arrancar. But by the time it got to Tousen's battle, things got interesting, and Aizen was genuinely a fearsome enemy. Seeing Gin's character finally getting fleshed out was great, and Ichigo beating Aizen after all this time was VERY satisfying.
7/10

Fullbring was fun in how Kubo changed the formula and added a layer of mystery, but it was too short and ended prematurely, and in the end felt inconsequential and more like a stepping stone to the next arc.
6/10

Thousand Year Blood War started with a bang, proceeded with ups and downs and slogged like the Fake Karakura town, and unfortunately ended underwhelmingly.
6/10

Bleach overall I would ranks as a solid 7/10 manga.
>>
>>153423795
>Hueco Mundo kinda came off as a bit of a rehash of Soul Society
The HM arc was much darker to me.
>>
>>153424013
Read what I said again. I said that while it kinda came off as a rehash, that it worked due to the darker nature of the story and setting and how the enemy was much more threatening.
>>
File: 1483074630612.jpg (175KB, 751x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483074630612.jpg
175KB, 751x1080px
>>153422035
Who would have thought that a dumb bait for ichiruki would turn out to be this prophetic. Praise this anon.
>>
File: lewd.jpg (34KB, 504x354px) Image search: [Google]
lewd.jpg
34KB, 504x354px
>>153424445
Piggyback is a code for hardcore dicking
>>
File: 1453397925760.png (376KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1453397925760.png
376KB, 640x480px
>>153423795
>It was a perfect arc with great writing
>everyone is too stupid to check Aizen's body
>lol hypnosis
>Is just a rehash of the Sanctuary arc from Saint Seiya
>These new Shinigami characters sure are fucking stupid
>The big reveal in itself is just a huge asspull but since you more than likely read this arc as a teenager you thought it was well written.
This arc led the foundation for every wrong in Bleach and apparently Kubo agreed since he rehashed it so many times after
>>
>>153423795
The highs were better than a 9 in my book so I'd give it a 8/10 though I agree with everything you've written.
>>
>>153425451
I mean, they did check the body, just the hypnosis was so complete that only the most talented medical mind could even tell there was something even a little off with it.
>>
>>153425451
He rehashed it one time, to a very different conclusion. Be more incorrect.
>>
>>153425792
Several times in fact
>>
File: beggings for yous.png (461KB, 870x722px) Image search: [Google]
beggings for yous.png
461KB, 870x722px
>>153425451
>everyone is too stupid to check Aizen's body
>lol hypnosis
They were all too busy trying to track down Ichigo and his friends and get ready for Rukia's execution you shithead. And Hitsugaya was investigating Gin while Unohana DID inspect the body and discovered something was amiss.
>Is just a rehash of the Sanctuary arc from Saint Seiya
I love how you don't give any reasons or compelling evidence why you think this is true.
>These new Shinigami characters sure are fucking stupid
>The big reveal in itself is just a huge asspull but since you more than likely read this arc as a teenager you thought it was well written.
>This arc led the foundation for every wrong in Bleach and apparently Kubo agreed since he rehashed it so many times after
Pic related.
>>
>>153425698
>lol hypnosis
>>
>>153425966
I'd let yoy elaborate but since we botth know you're just going to exaggerate the definition of a 'rescue arc' to fit any arbitrary scenario so you can save face, I suggest you simply stop posting.
>>
>>153426001
I love how you didn't refute a single point
>>
>>153426011
>lol shitposting

See, I can do it too
>>
>>153425653
It's debatable, and I can see why you'd think so.
Bleach is a mid-high 7/10 at the very least, and at most a solid 8.
>>
>>153426083
I love how you didn't present a single point worth refuting.
>>
>>153426086
>lol hypnosis
>>
>>153426155
>>153426086
>>
>>153426143
Actually I did. You just kept going "NO U" you a stupid ass bitch
>>
>>153426213
Lol I'm not even the person who was replying to you, stupid bitch
>>
File: es.jpg (42KB, 450x368px) Image search: [Google]
es.jpg
42KB, 450x368px
>>153426083
I only refuted one point because you ONLY HAD ONE POINT, to refute (Aizen's body), which was an incredibly stupid point that was easy to refute, and gives the impression that you're either a speedreader or someone who didn't even follow Bleach and just read the Wikipedia entry and followed discussion on /a/.

The rest of your so called "points" are just bullshit opinions without factual basis. Your Saint Seiya comparison in particular is probably some bullshit opinion you pinched from a comment on /a/ somewhere just to make yourself sound smart when you probably never even read Saint Seiya either.

Have another (You).
>>
>>153426373
>I only refuted one point
You didn't which only brings up this issue here >>153426155 which you failed to defend.

>Its bullshit because I say so

Great argument
>>
File: 0100-019.jpg (282KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
0100-019.jpg
282KB, 1066x1600px
>>153425698
More like
At the time of Aizen's death, Kubo hadn't made him the villain
He's genuinely a nice captain who mysteriously got killed
Then Kubo decided that it'd be a nice tweest to make him the villain of SS arc
>>
>>153426453
Your "lol hypnosis" point is tied into the "check Aizen's body" point, which I easily refuted. That is unless you're specifically mocking Aizen's power itself, which is just another bullshit opinion on your part.
>Its bullshit because I say so
It's bullshit because it IS bullshit.
>>
>>153426622
>Your "lol hypnosis" point is tied into the "check Aizen's body" point, which I easily refuted
You seem to have a problem with accepting reality
>It's bullshit because it IS bullshit.
Once again... great argument
>>
>>153426622
>You seem to have a problem with accepting reality
If by "accepting reality" you mean accepting the fact that I easily refuted your weakass arguments and that you have no more options besides shitposting, then yeah I can easily accept this reality.
>Once again... great argument
Thank you. It is a great argument. It's a much better argument than your inane babble.
>>
File: 020_1470298967.png (290KB, 903x1300px) Image search: [Google]
020_1470298967.png
290KB, 903x1300px
did this page have any meaning behind it? it makes me feel like the last chapter is just one of the futures Yhwach saw and that it actually isnt finished
>>
>>153427394
>did this page have any meaning behind it?
Bait to make readers think that Yhwach was coming to destroy everything and give us a dark ending.
>>
>>153423522
He's getting back in shape.
>>
>>153427047
>accepting the fact that I easily refuted your weakass argument
>Thank you. It is a great argument.
Delusional as always I see
>>
>>153426001
>Unohana inspected Aizen's body.
I envy her. She saw his benis.
>>
>>153427880
Whatever helps you sleep at night anon.
>>
File: 8MX7l.gif (1MB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
8MX7l.gif
1MB, 500x418px
>>153427936
>mfw Unohana probably grabbed Aizen's penis and instead felt the hilt of Aizen's Zanpakuto
>>
>we will never feel like number one again
>>
>>153431262
As it turns out, life really is like a boat.
>>
File: KUBOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg (483KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
KUBOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg
483KB, 1280x720px
>>153375579
The final two arcs and the ending killed any sentimentality I had left for Bleach.
KUBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>153431454
nobody knows who i really am
>>
>>153427394
The whole ending is a sequel bait, whether kubo goes through with it is another thing.
>>
>>153434177
The novel certainly left the doors open for a sequel, with the stuff they revealed about Yhwach and the Soul King. Depending on what Narita does, it really boils to Kubo. If he wants it or not. I doubt Shieisha would say no to another series of his, even if it's not in the main magazine.
>>
I LIKED BOUNTO
>>
>>153434551
Why?
>>
File: 1486544595298.png (247KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1486544595298.png
247KB, 500x411px
>>153434321
>>153434177
KAZUI AND ICHIKA SPIN-OFF WHEN
>>
File: Hollow bravado.jpg (145KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Hollow bravado.jpg
145KB, 800x1200px
>>153434707
NEVER
>>
>>153434572
ichigo suffering best suffering
>>
>>153434901
Thats not a valid answer.
Thread posts: 425
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.