[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What DBZ Arcs are worth watching? I'm trying to regain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault[1].jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
14KB, 480x360px
What DBZ Arcs are worth watching?

I'm trying to regain the comfyness and principles of DBZ from my childhood but I don't want to waste a bunch of time watching hundreds of over-televised and/or non-character driven episodes.

I want to watch enough to get a feel for the characters again (mostly vegeta and goku) and watch them develop, and then watch the latter half of the cell saga and then the majin buu saga and stop.

I tried kai but there was too much violence and intensity cut out to be a good substitute (watch the episode where vegeta is tortured by frieza before goku finishes healing and you'll know what i mean) so I basically just want a roadmap for the best of the original series if you guys can help me out.

Thanks.
>>
watch nothing but filler.
sorta like a reverse kai.
>>
>>153359498
kai is too soft though compared to the 90s violence. It has like no filler which is nice but it also loses a lot of what made dbz great imo; the cruelity and ruthlessness of the antagonists mostly. Which is great because it makes for a larger need and emotional drive for goku to save them.
>>
File: 1485091710455.png (67KB, 189x262px) Image search: [Google]
1485091710455.png
67KB, 189x262px
>>153359690
Wait.
Kai removed violence as well as filler?

But why?

I have only seen the original.
>>
yeah id say saiyan saga, androids saga, cell, and buu

yeah
>>
>>153359763
Kai was heavily edited for Nickelodeon I think.

The only two major differences between original's violence and Kai's unedited undubbed violence is that no penises are shown in Kai and when Piccolo penetrated Goku and Raditz their holes are just black.
>>
>>153359763
it's still there but much less drawn out.
vegeta is literally tortured by being choked out by frieza's tail and brutally beaten down to a pulp for 20 straight minutes and then death-beamed at his most emotional moment in the original series whereas in kai he just gets smacked into a boulder and insta-killed and theres less blood. His speech seems kinda cringey where he asks goku to kill frieza in kai in comparison.

After that I realized I don't like kai.
>>
>>153359460
Satan and Buu is fucking heart warming as shit
>>
>>153359864
Oh, so you like your time being wasted on the same shit instead of getting to the point.
>>
None of them. The movies are way better.
>>
>>153359909
You need buildup for an event to have any emotional meaning. Unless you have the attention-span of a goldfish or something.
>>
>>153360290
The thing is that Kai version had all that, you are just asking for this stretched out to 20 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAGOsfhba9Y
>>
>>153359909
>>153360290
Very much this. Hell even Goku knew that for Gohan instead of training heavily and just enjoying life to make him feel more connected to it. Therefore increasing his incentive to fight for it and bring out the SSJ2 in him.

But now he's just a fucking oaf trying to fight whoever with the mind of a child and no consideration of others. Fuck DBS Goku
>>
>>153360419
Is this some sort of trolling technique?

I don't feel like what you said is related to anything.
>>
>>153360523
I don't know I get very opinionated when I should be asleep

But a td;lr is that if you learn more about the characters it is more triumphant to see them succeed
>>
Skip DBZ and watch HxH instead. Chimera Ant arc is Cell arc but 10000x better.
>>
>>153360588
>td;lr

Go to sleep anon
>>
>>153360369
>Kai had all that
Wrong. Here's a snapshot of the same scene but in DBZ I found on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OSYfyenj6c

Notice how the music is darker, the expressions on the z-fighters faces are more grim, the fact he coughs up blood and frieza licks it off. they might do similar stuff on the surface in kai but it's not even close to how dark frieza is portrayed in the old episodes and this is just a short clip of it.
>>
>>153360605
already watched. it's easily one of my top three now.
>>
Just watch all of Dragonball and DBZ in its original form. Then move onto Super if you want.
>>
File: abbhLo1I.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
abbhLo1I.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>153360799
>Faulconer babby
Yeah, no. It's the same goddamn shit, except that version has faggy licking blood off, which literally adds to nothing except for positive to Frieza's HIV.

Shadow the Hedgehog is something right up your alley, I think.
>>
>>153360799
>Notice how the music is darker,
Because it has the fucking shitty American synth track.
>>
>>153361203
>>153361294

eh whatever. If you enjoy that ultra-condensed less violent version with weaker foes that's your opinion.

I don't really care if you don't want to take the time to watch a full episode of the original and understand what you're talking about before giving an opinion.
>>
>>153361437
You realize Kai is closer to manga and original adaptation of manga just spammed ki blasts when they needed to wait for Toriyama to make manga.
>>
>>153361203
>>153361294

Don't you be knocking the synthesizers boy! The faulconer track is constantly playing, jarring with itself, and not fitting with the material, but damn does it get me pumped during fight scenes!
>>
Most of the Kai version of the android/cell arc and a good chunk of the old filler
>>
>>153359460
seasons 1-4
>>
>>153359460
tao pai pai arc was enjoyable
>>
>>153360419
what if this is all just a clever ruse by goku to force gohan into being a godly fighter again?

if gohan gets his ass kicked in this preliminary fight, that's going to weigh heavy on him when he's thinking about the fact that his whole world can be destroyed shortly after. he can't JUST rely on his father that got him into this mess and vegeta to bail him out.

it sounds crazy, but goku DID sit there and watch cell beat the shit out of his 11 year old son just to force him into awakening his power then. he only changed his mind about it after piccolo screamed in his ear for about 5 minutes and then he realized gohan wasn't getting angry as planned.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.