[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

in a show full of mostly christian imagery, what did Anno

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: mpv-shot0027.jpg (130KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0027.jpg
130KB, 1440x1080px
in a show full of mostly christian imagery, what did Anno mean by this?
>>
File: Tree_of_life_bahir_Hebrew.svg.png (70KB, 395x750px) Image search: [Google]
Tree_of_life_bahir_Hebrew.svg.png
70KB, 395x750px
>>153322006
If you are implying something about jews, Evangelion is chock full of Jewish mysticism
>>
>>153322710
yes that's what I was implying
my best guess was something like
>in shinji's eyes, his father is evil because he almost made him kill his friend
>christian imagery
>jews killed jesus so they are evil
>connection between the evil jews and shinji's evil father
>>
>>153323441
You're overthinking that shit.
Asnd I doubt the "Jews are evil" meme is really a thing in Japan.
>>
File: J1cNoHw.jpg (247KB, 1272x700px) Image search: [Google]
J1cNoHw.jpg
247KB, 1272x700px
>>153323547
>>
>>153322006
I feel it's more of an archetypal throne that shouldn't be taken in a too literal sense. It's very much how an emotionally immature son preceives his father's office, a place where secrets are being kept and symbols are given meaning.
>>
>>153324369
Gendo is literally part of the fucking illuminati who has so far awoken a sleeping god and unleashed world war three, killing more than three billion people in the process.

He gets to have an evil office without anyone needing to be emotionally immature to see it that way.
>>
In the words of Anno, because it looked cool.
>>
>>153324416
Okay. Question number two. What is evil?
>>
>>153324454
Suck my dick faggot. Gendo is an evil cunt, and you can fuck off with defending your "husbando".
>>
>>153322006
Most of the "christian" imagery you think Eva is engaging with is Old Testament stuff, eg. pulled directly out of jewish canon.

Christianity specifically actually has very little to do with eva outside of the occasional appearance of crosses. Most of its biblical themes and imagery are taken from Genesis, which is common across every abrahamic religion.
>>
>>153324483
Look at this guy. He wouldn't even melt an icecap for his waifu. Pathetic.
>>
>>153324369
>and symbols are given meaning.
>signification is a sign of emotional immaturity
wat.
Do you not realize the irony in saying "the meaning of these symbols is that the character is immature and seeking arbitrary meaning in what they perceive as symbols"? Because that's basically what you just said.
>>
>>153324684
He's retarded.
>>
>>153323547
never seen Angel Cop?
>>
>>153322006
Someone post the image already. You know the one.
>>
I've always loved the symbolism in Eva. It was added because it looks cool and man, it really does look cool.
>>
>>153324454
you backstabbing whore of a mother!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.