[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come anime studios never hire English voice actors to cover

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: giphy.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 400x225px
How come anime studios never hire English voice actors to cover for their awful Engrish?
>>
Because anime are for Japanese people.
>>
Because Japs don't speak English you dummy.
>>
They do, once in a while. Early Nanoha was good for that, having Raising Heart and Bardiche voiced by Donna Burke and Kevin J England, respectively.
>>
>>153319521
Came here to say this.
>>
What kind of voice actors? You mean dub VAs or just English fluent people?
>>
>>153319451
>never
Watch moar anime faggot
>>
It's a meme. That's why in Symphogear they asked Sawashiro to do the worst Engrish she could despite her being capable of at least somewhat bearable pronunciation.
>>
>>153319451
They do only if they can afford to hire foreign voice actors but when it's not really a big part then it's not worth it and Japanese audience probably couldn't tell the difference anyways.

I know kyoani hired Australian voice actors for that one episode of Free! that took place in Australia.
>>
>>153320180
What?
>>
I've thought long and hard about "acceptable dubs". Those can't be done by native english speakers; they can almost never land the pronunciation of "foreign" words properly.

What you need is a slav. Yes, you heard me right. The pronunciation in slavic languages and in the japanese language is remarkably similar.
English is a language with terrible, irregular pronunciation rules - this pretty much prevents native English speakers from speaking other languages properly. They will never forget the English pronunciation - it's been ingrained deeply in their brains. This applies even more in American English. Native BrE speakers can have a hard time pronouncing certain words, but thanks to Britain currently being a melting pot of cultures, its' citizens get to actively hear and even use foreign speech. The Welsh language (as well as the rest of the Celtic languages) is also rather grounded in the earth, and has "proper" pronunciations - so a native welsh speaker - those are quite rare, if not nonexistent - can manage to do a proper dub. But why look around when you have a big pool of slavic people looking for a job? Filter them down and find people that have lost the stereotypical slavic "hard pronunciation", pick the ones whose voice you fancy the most.

Perhaps the dubbing studios already know that, but don't want to go through all this trouble (and waste their money on looking for candidates, instead of spending them on on their existing employees' salaries)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.