[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this series so forgettable? I'm looking for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

Why was this series so forgettable? I'm looking for actual answers.
>>
because its not . Story was simple and unpretentious world building was done through showing as well as telling. Main couple had chemistry . Side characters relationships to mains felt fleshed out and lively and were given a good amount of time to build and make us care about them. Art was dope . Ummm ya thats all i can think of off the top of my head
>>
I'd answer but I forgot.
>>
>>153317481
Plot was generic chuuni crap you'd write in middle school.
>>
>>153317607
that is true the plot was generic but I'd take good characters over plot most days
>>
>>153317592
Really? I thought the exact opposite. World building was done entirely by telling. Often I felt I was watching Naruto when characters started monologuing in the middle of their badly choreographed fights. Mirai being so depressed over Akihito in episodes 8-9 felt extremely forced since they rarely had any meaningful development at that point. Characterization-wise, nothing really stood out to me either.
>>
>>153317481
Because the characters have no depth aside from their respective fetishes/archetypes

Because the plot is generic garbage which somehow they managed to fuck up

Because KyoAni can't script a show if their lives depended on it
>>
Memorable for me cause it has one of the worst endings I've ever seen
>>
I have no fucking idea.

I watched it with a friend because I love KyoAni and found it pretty enjoyable, but about a year later I wanted to discuss it with the friend and he had literally forgotten we watched it.

Like even showing him pictures and clips doesn't do anything, I'm at a loss for how something I thought was pretty well done can apparently be so forgettable
>>
>>153317481
Slow pace. High points werent high enough. There were no cliff hanger episodes. Nothing making you want the next episode. It honestly felt like a Slice of Life untl the last episode. But by then youd already categorized it as slice of life and a bit of drama isnt going to fix that genre
>>
>>153317481
Good show with some great directing that a lot of actual retards are really eager to shit on because they're still mad they couldn't understand it. They claim it had obvious, over exposition but still managed to let it all slip by them.
>>
>>153317481
>megane is a declining fad
>world building was ok, built world was uninteresting
>monster designs are boring
>>
>>153317481
Extremely bland and generic.
I didn't hate it, but there was nothing interesting about it.
>>
>>153318962
There were a few cliff hanger episodes, but the show was so bland I didn't even care.

>>153319044
The thing is that they kept talking and talking, what they said was usually worded so poorly and in an unnatural manner I tended to tune out, I often had to rewind during their monologuing. I also noticed that there were no narrative pauses, you couldn't process whatever infodump the characters spouted before it cut to the next scene, usually an fast paced one, this was more noticeable in later episodes.

The best episodes for me are the episodes where not much happens, episode 1, 5, 6, 7 for example. My theory is that the characters are fine, for a simple SoL/comedy, but they can't really carry a plot driven narrative.
>>
Munto 2.0

Kyoani should stick to the genres they're good at
>>
>>153319275
>Talking and talking infodumps
Yeah, Mirai really wouldn't shut up during the sequence in the snow world, and neither would Akky when he went through her room after she vanished.
>>
Is Sakura the only good character in the series?

https://u.nya.is/evmshd.webm
https://u.nya.is/wfpzgm.webm
>>
>>153317772
KyoAni is not a person.
>>
>>153317481
>glasses
There you go.

Only redeemable point of this show are the idol episode and ED.
>>
>>153317481
The ending.
>>
File: tumblr_mxanbjedkU1r3rdh2o1_500.png (268KB, 500x747px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxanbjedkU1r3rdh2o1_500.png
268KB, 500x747px
It's pretty good
Mitsuki best girl
>>
>>153321033
The idol episode cemented the show as total irredeemable trash.
>>
File: kyoukai-no-kanata-ep-6-3.jpg (68KB, 1031x569px) Image search: [Google]
kyoukai-no-kanata-ep-6-3.jpg
68KB, 1031x569px
>>153323797
It's the best one
>>
File: 1483569045974.jpg (26KB, 433x380px) Image search: [Google]
1483569045974.jpg
26KB, 433x380px
>>153317481
Because it wasn't trying to be unforgettable?
It wasn't a very ambitious show.
>>
>>153317592
/thread
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.