[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Yandere almost never used? There are so few good shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Why are Yandere almost never used?
There are so few good shows with Yandere, and even fewer where the Yandere is a well written character, instead of just comedy relief.
>>
Because they are a terribly unrealistic trope
>>
>>153277882
Can you name a few where they're well written? For me they just don't work in a serious manner.
>>
>>153277934
I'd argue Hitagi is. Even though she doesn't fit completely.
Juvia is a well written Yandere, but due to the nature of the show she is mostly comedy relief.
>>
>>153277882
Yandere is edgy as fuck by default, and it got so overused by hacks wanting to add twists that it got insanely predictable. Unless they're comic relief or the series as a whole has an edgy cast, yandere often just serves as a hamfisted way to derail the character development of side girls and sink their ships.
>>
>>153277882
I just want a yandere harem MC.
>>
>>153278204
>Yandere is edgy as fuck by default
That's not true at all. Sadly, that's how they are mostly used, but they don't have to be psycotic bitches.
>>
>>153278125
You'd classify Hitagi as a Yandere? I think of her more of a tsundere in love, like, she's just not crazy. Nadeko snake is more of a yandere for me.
But yeah, if somehow she can be called a Yandere I guess she's a good character.

That makes me think, if Yanderes are not crazy (a trait that have been used a lot in the media), then for you what differs them from a tsundere in love and in a relationship?
>>
>>153277882
Juvia was the only good thing about Fairy Tail
>>
File: rtydrty.png (280KB, 389x371px) Image search: [Google]
rtydrty.png
280KB, 389x371px
>>153278591
Overy jealous, overprotective and obsessive. Making them crazy and psycho is just an easy way to show those aspects of them.
For example, a tsundere would not mind if her boyfriend went out with female friends, while a Yandere would, that does not mean she would have to go mental and attack his friends.

>>153278609
>Implying Lucy isn't top tier.
>>
>>153277930
There are plenty of them in real life.
>>
>>153278609
This.
>>
>>153278217
Has there ever been a yandere MC? Higurashi seemed to have a lot of them or maybe everyone was just insane.
>>
>>153278908
Yes but they are usually trailer park trash or drug addicts. Never as attractive or intelligent as anime.
>>
>>153277882
Yandere is one of the worst archetypes around. They and the violent Tsunderes share the lowest tier.
>>
>>153277882
Main heroine of Denpa-teki na Kanojo is an actually good yandere. Episode 3 never. ;_;
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.