[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Naruto Shippuden consistently have such superior art

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

Why does Naruto Shippuden consistently have such superior art to DBS/One Piece? What's wrong with Toei?
>>
fillers instead of glacial pacing
>>
>>153263250
a powerpoint of stills with music and voices is much better representation of manga. Toei knows what's up.

Who could look at detailed animation without getting nauseous?
>>
Shippuden also has better girls too.
>>
>>153263437
Agreed.
>>
>>153263250
>superior art
Superior animation, not art.
Naruto historically sacrificed shading in every well animated scene it had.
>>
>>153263250

I prefer the classic Naruto style desu.

I enjoyed the Kakashi x Obito fight because there was no kaiju bullshit.
>>
>>153263511
That's understandable for a weekly shonen series and works much better than those.
>>
>>153263250
They make 20x more off OP and DBS than Pierrot does off Naruto. Makes sense to go full Jew. Quite a shame. OP character designs lend themselves well to an animated series.
>>
File: ears.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ears.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
There are more important things than nurutu or dbs
>>
>>153263672
Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that saying it has superior art is questionable at best. The edge it has over OP and DBS is actually animation quality.
>>
>>153263511
DBS and OP aren't any more detailed in its art than Naruto on average. They all look equally mediocre and none are known for having detailed shading not to mention art quality isn't all about that. Also, One Piece looked its best when Naoki Tate was animation supervisor on some episodes and interestingly enough Tate was inspired by the flat colors of Mamoru Hosoda's One Piece movie.
>>
>>153263979
But Naruto dips below the other two when it has to do good animation. We're talking no shading whatsoever and really lousy backgrounds in some cases.
>>
>>153263250
Pierrot is not a garbage can tier studio like toei.
But I've heard toei actually cares when they work on precure so there is that.
>>
>>153263518
I hope the Burrito anime has more taijutsu scenes before it goes outta hand with hax eyes
>>
Freelancers
>>
>>153264171
There's one great guy at Toei that they use for OP's important scenes IIRC, the rest is just meh.
>>
>>153264119
Some scenes with lots of motion will have simpler art of course but really, the art does look better when the good animators are in charge and that's also true for DBS and OP. There's also more to art quality than just shading and the good Naruto episodes have better line art and expressions.

DBS and OP gets great shading in its well-animated scenes at times due to Naotoshi Shida but even then he's the only Toei regular who likes detailed shading. The rest don't even bother which is pretty normal.
>>
>>153263250
>superior animation
Yes, but only in important scenes. And only if main staff is working on it, we all remember MUH PAIN IS GREATER THAN YOURS after all.
>superior art
No, not really.
>>
Any Sakugafags here? Is Toei finally going to deliver in this arc?
>>
>>153264599
Only in some important fights, and for very specific shots.
>>
File: nardo.gif (983KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
nardo.gif
983KB, 360x270px
I feel like Pierrot's fight scenes nowadays are too floaty, especially compared to early Part 1 animation, and it isn't just a matter of different animators since the same animator had different styles between the two parts.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.