[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is being brought back as an all CGI serial drama series.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: VHD.jpg (130KB, 1024x564px) Image search: [Google]
VHD.jpg
130KB, 1024x564px
So this is being brought back as an all CGI serial drama series. How does this make you feel? The original film was a good vampire film, and the sequel was a beautiful work of art with insanely detailed art and great animation. Now you're going to sit through ugly 3D character models and clunky animation. This garbage overly expensive form of animation already ruined Ghost in the Shell and Berserk. When are fans going speak up and say they don't want this. Surely No one is ever satisfied when the final product is finished and it ends up being a terrible waste of time. I just want to understand the mindset of the people who always think something like this is a good idea.
>>
>ruined GitS
I pray you're talking about the remake of the original film and not SAC
>>
>>153164215
<The original is so based.
>>
>>153164241
either Arise or the New movie. Whatever came 1st .That's when it went down hill.
>>
no one has any opinions?
>>
I'll wait for a trailer before I start panicking.
>>
>no studio named
>no staff named
CGI can look good(GOD EATER/UBW and F/Z). Can't fabricate an opinion without some ground to build it on, underaged b&.
>>
>>153165737
CG TV looks like shit and the low frame rate triggers me.
>>
>>153165737
>CGI can look good
keep telling yourself that. Name 1 all 3DCG anime project that was ever good that isn't a fucking video game. Also all of the shit you mentioned isn't even all 3DCG.

They even managed to fuck up Cyborg 009
>>
File: 1474822574181.jpg (220KB, 1440x810px)
1474822574181.jpg
220KB, 1440x810px
>>153166485
KOS. Focus more on the content being faithful than how it looks and you will begin to enjoy things more. If you don't think the CGI in what was named looks good, it was probably too good for you to even notice it was CGI. Cheers.
>>
>>153166591
No one is talking about CG being used for cars are background objects, but when you incorporate it into the actual character designs, it becomes ugly. add onto that the horribly bad TV animation we're use too with other CGI shows.
>>
>>153165737
>>no studio named
Actually, there was.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Frontier
>>
>>153164215
Love the old movies. Really scared about how this one will turn due to the CGI.
If they try to make it look anime it will look like a Berserk. If they try to make it look photorealistic it will look like a ps2 game cutscene.
Only ways I can imagine to avoid ruining it would be using a shit ton of filters to make it look like a painting or if they get American people to do the CGI work.
But I totally agree with >>153165651 I'll keep a small spark of hope until the trailers are out.
>>
I loved the first OVA. The second one had really good animation standards, but their characters all have some really offputting aspect that I can't put my finger on. I had the same issue with Highlander. I think it's the eyebrows?
I think CGI is bad for Vampire Hunter D, more so than most anime just because the first looked so good with the stylized flair of cel.
Regardless of the CGI, I'm glad something is being done with it. Post Cyberpunk wild west with vampire counts ruling out of cyberpunk gothic castles is a pretty cool world/theme, and the main character doesn't really allow for any wiggle room to make it into a slice of life, battle, or harem anime. Which is what usually happens to anime/manga with an interesting but difficult to implement premise.
I can only really see this sticking to the great action OVA style of the previous two installments.
>>
>>153164241
what's SAC?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.