[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SAO is the greatest anime I've ever watched. (Other than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: sao-kirito-asuna-yui.jpg (436KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
sao-kirito-asuna-yui.jpg
436KB, 1440x900px
SAO is the greatest anime I've ever watched. (Other than Naruto and AoT)

Why does it get so much hate?
>>
File: IMG_4580.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4580.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
Very bland bait but here's a pity reply
>>
I hope you enjoy middle school
>>
>>153159574
How is this bait?

I'm saying that in my honest opinion SAO is the greatest anime I've watched.

So many people hate it, so I'm trying to start a conversation on why. Every time I ask people they call it "bait" or joke it off. No one has given me any concrete arguments or has had an open discussion about it.
>>
File: download.jpg (468KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
468KB, 1920x1080px
>>153159513
game-canon is best SAO-canon
>>
>>153159513
What the hook of it and was there anyone immune to that hook?
>>
Look I'm genuinely asking? Why aren't people allowed to like this anime without being considered a joke?

From what I've seen it has a great story, VA cast, opening and the art is fantastic.

I'm not asking why it isn't your favorite, but why it receives so much hate
>>
>>153159683
See, the fact that something like this would need to be explained to you already shows your utter ignorance in terms of shows you've seen, and thus, you mistakenly think complete garbage is good, for you simply do not know better.
We spend hundreds of hours every week watching the best of the best, and as such, our opinions are infallible, and lower lifeforms such as you will just have to take our word on the essence of bait, which is erroneusly thinking that this thread was not bait of the lowest caliber.

Even if you were not trying to bait, you have subconciously chosen to bait nevertheless, as showcased by the presence of a rod in the image, as well as several pieces of bair of differing variety, from low-tier fapbait to high-grade pedobait.

This thusly proves that in the deep recesses of your mind, you are aware that SAO is only meant for weak bait, and as such, are aware of why it is so vehemently disliked within the minds of anyone worth talking to, and thus, we do not need to explain such meager factoids to you.
>>
>>153159917
Wasted potential. The core idea is fine, but the pacing of the show ruined it. And things just go to shit halfway through the first season.

Part of the hate though was just because it got as big as it did. Which is a combination of things like backlash from new people latching onto it thinking it is the greatest thing ever, general contrariness, etc.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7dxbWP1DBXo
>>
>>153159683
It's popular so it triggers /a/'s hipsters.
Same goes for Naruto and AoT.
>>
>>153160076
For a lot of people it's their first anime.
It defines a generation. I'm not saying it's the best(I haven't watched as much anime)

But SAO isn't bad, it's really good imo. But it gets so much hate it almost seems like a joke.
>>
>>153160140
Whether it is good or not depends on the viewer. It is easy to see why it got as big as it did though.

My only real gripes with it was the shitty rushed pacing and jumping around, along with wasting a lot of potential of exploring the idea of being stuck in a scenario like SAO and its impact on people.
>>
>>153160078
>m
Fuck off phoneposter.
>>
>>153159585
>>153159683
>>153159513
>sage, the real hero
(You) /thread
>>
>>153160227
If that's what you want Log Horizon is a better choice.

And I get the preference thing. That's why I emphasized "in my opinion" so many times. But the hate it gets seems ridiculous
>>
So you're saying an anime with gratuitous tentacle bondage is the greatest anime you've ever watched? I wouldn't admit that in public if I were you.
>>
Ebin thread my dude.
>>
>>153159513
it's bad, but the rabid hate is mostly a meme
>>
>>153160334
Better than an anime that has a pantyshot within the first minute of ep 1 cough pedogatari cough
>>
the fist half of season one was action, i can dig it.
second half all waifu roleplay bullshit. no thanks
>>
>>153160369
That really was a nice post, anon. Unfortunately, I can’t be bothered to dignify it. Why, you may ask? Well, I must inform you that in the span of glancing at your post, I have ejaculated about five times to a rather enthralling hentai called ‘Emergence’. The way the hentai depicts the gradual process of a virgin becoming a cum dumpster really made me erect. Hell, I haven’t gotten that aroused since Anton Yelchin’s death. Anyways, this girl gets raped by her drunk father and has sex with all the boys at school. Now, these parts were perfectly fappable, but the real fun starts when she gets bullied and ostracised from her class. Her downward spiral of drugs and prostitution eventually leads to her becoming a mere shadow of a human being. In her last dying moments as a pregnant prostitute, she dreams of a future with her (would be) daughter. Instead of getting to live that future, she dies alone in a cold room. I swear that last scene will always bring me to ecstasy. Now, if you really want to get my attention, you must commit yourself to reading such refined works as I do. Only then can I consider you my intellectual equal.
>>
oh my god die
>>
NICE BAIT
>>
File: monster.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
monster.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
ITT: Overrated Shit
>>
>>153159683
You'll understand once you graduate middleschool. By the time you reach 10th grade, you'll look back on this and laugh.
>>
>>153160396
"Two years worth of semen endlessly glopped into Asuna" comes to mind
>>
>>153160563
>>153160509
These are the only two responses I get.

I'm grateful for the few people who gave me a serious response
>>
>>153159513
Have you been living under a rock? Hating on SAO is the new popular thing. And if you don't believe me just look at any pseudo intellectual anime "reviewer" where he will point out plot holes and inconsistencies any person with a functional brain will easily notice.
Have a good day.
>>
if no one's posting sinon's ass we might as well let the thread die
>>
File: 531t75.png (624KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
531t75.png
624KB, 1280x720px
>>153160731
That is a valid point, Sinon's ass is one of the better aspects.
>>
>>153159513
Is Kirito the single greatest single dad in anime history? Let alone the world? I think he is
>>
>>153160288
Yeah someone suggested Log Horizon to me and I enjoyed it. Can't wait for S3.
>>
Progressive is good
>>
>>153160574
Is that an actual thing or just an assumption?
>>
>>153160921
I never got that joke

Even if they had sex in VR real semen wouldn't poor out of her irl
>>
>>153160921
>>153160995
It's not a joke. It's a literal quote from the light novel.
>>
>>153160076
>Part of the hate
More like the main reason. No one would give it this much attention otherwise.
>>
>>153161035
I thought that was probably the case but wanted to be sure.
>>
>>153161035
Not in the light novel, manga or the anime tho
>>
>>153161131
It's a sidestory in the original webnovel. It counts.
>>
Honestly Kawahara Reki hit the jackpot that SAO hit it off as big as everyone expected it would.

Thanks to that initial success the series produces several games that evidently sell well enough to warrant sequels, and has several spin off stories thanks to the fact that the series has several worlds to work with.

He gets to write the Progressive series as an excuse to build on the initial SAO world that was rushed to an ending without fully being explored, and the settings from ALO and GGO get to be used for their own stories through Girls Ops and Squad Jam.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.