[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never understood why people call Shinji a pussy for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 506
Thread images: 93

I've never understood why people call Shinji a pussy for the beginning of Evangelion

>be abandoned by fucked up fad
>get called in to see Dad in top secret base
>see UN fail to destroy an abomination of a monster with all its fire power
>find out you're the last line of defense as an 8th grader
>Only one who can use a fucking high tech "robot" that no one has ever seen before
>only other person who has used something like it is comatose with a mostly broken body state
>have to learn as you go

Even if you were to argue if he did actually remeber seeing it that would include the moment his mother tried using it

Then during the first time

>falls to the ground unable to pilot the robot
>Breaks Eva's hand and it feels as if his own hand is broken
>Gets pierced though the head numerous times
>Loses control of "machine" and just just brutally beats the angel
>The angel tries to self destruct on you
>you wake up in the hospital
>>>suddenly doesn't want to picket Eva again
>>>>Fans: what a fucking pussy

Never understood this for the beginning of the show
>>
>>153075717
>I've never understood why people call Shinji a pussy
Because self-insertion.
NGE needs to be watched with a different mind-set from shows that it superficially appears similar to.
>>
Eva was a failed deconstruction, that's why

Anno wanted to mock the mecha genre and fans didn't get it. He made it too mind numbingly cool for them to stop and think, so then he made the last few episode and EoE.
>>
>>153075878
Is it that uncommon to like people who actually are a bit grounded in the world?

Like I thought Rossiu was a "fine" character most of the time.
>>
>>153076063
>Is it that uncommon to like people who actually are a bit grounded in the world?
The point of my post was that it was unexpected. Most people don't pick up NGE for what it is, but because it's incredibly well-known. Those anime fans usually watch stuff like SAO, they are not planning to analyze the motivations of the protagonist. They just want a power fantasy.
>Like I thought Rossiu was a "fine" character most of the time.
Rossiu was not grounded in the world.
>>
>>153076171
Yeah I have to say Eva was on my bucket list for awhile. I wasn't sure if it was a thing that was just remembered well but it does a few cool messages and things. I think the power fantasy was negated by the fact actually fighting shit was usually terrible 9/10 times

Also how the fuck is there a question for best girl if you watched the show. Obviously Misato
>>
>>153076445
*when not berserk
>>
>>153075717
I think people that can't empathize with Shinji are legitimately autistic
>>
Anime fans hate shinji because they see too much of themselves in him

That was the whole point of shinjis character.
Eva was a deconstruction.
Mecha anime was a genre that exploded in popularity in the anime scene, and it was always glorious tales about friendship, and heroics and how you can do anything if you believe.

But Eva seemed to be based around the premise "these otaku; these modern japanese males who shut themselves off from the world and spend time self inserting into mecha anime thinking they could save the world, all while struggling to sort out even the most trivial problems in their own real lives. What if they ever got their wish and ended up in that position"

Obviously, no one wants to think they are like shinji, the snivelling coward so removed from all the other mecha heroes.
But they are. And that's why seeing him is so offensive to them.
>>
The only good thing to come out of Shinji's whininess is Asuka's assertiveness, which is incredibly hot.
>>
>>153076445
>Obviously Misato
Anon, this is Waifu County, you either like Asuka or Rei, there's not middle ground.

And Shinji is too "real" for a many people, that's why they shit on him so much.
>>
>>153077031
>and it was always glorious tales about friendship
Is this a pasta?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imTBE_m93Qc
>>
>>153076445
>Also how the fuck is there a question for best girl if you watched the show. Obviously Misato
same, when i finally got around to watching this i was baffled as to why the other two became a meme in the first place. one's an annoying teenager (not an anime "teenager", but actually a 14 year old) and the other's not even a character
>>
>>153075717
They call him a pussy because they're mad. It's like TTGL Simon without Kamina or Nina or Yoko to cheer him up.

He's shriveling pile of waste while Misato bleeds out and Asuka gets ripped to shreds. Then he finally gets up but it is too late.

What is to be expected from the audience? To sympathize with "oh woe is me", or get angry like Asuka and upset like everyone else getting fucked over because of Shinji's inability to man the fuck up and abandon reason.
>>
File: 1334655813132.jpg (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1334655813132.jpg
55KB, 640x480px
Once you learn more about people you truly emphasize with other people you realize that nobody is really good or bad or at least you shouldn't try to be. If you put yourself in a box with these personifications of yourself that may or may not exist yet in reality then you end up not being a human being but a character playing their part even if it's horrible you still try to justify it as just being you and others are to blame.
>>
File: 1484541527944.jpg (139KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484541527944.jpg
139KB, 1280x720px
>>153076171
>Not grounded
Not him but after Simone disproved the gunmen=god thing, rossiu became the voice of reason, and only one thinking practically, while everyone else was "muh willpower will let me find a way out of the impossible"
>>
File: simon-adult.jpg (80KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
simon-adult.jpg
80KB, 1024x576px
>>153075717
Doesn't man up. Doesn't defeat the monsters on the power of his fighting spirit. Can't even drills.

What a pathetic loser.
>>
>>153077438
Finally.
Rei just appeals to the betas who just want a girl submissive enough that even they would have a chance with her
Asuka appeals to the other betas, who want to be trodden on and dominated in the relationship,but still be loved- the masochists-

Misato is clearly the best girl for non faggots
>>
File: why_shinji_is_awesome.png (393KB, 1196x480px) Image search: [Google]
why_shinji_is_awesome.png
393KB, 1196x480px
>>
>>153077714
Why does Simone basically turn into kamina at the end? I mean just look at him
>>
>>153077850
I love this image so much.
>>
>>153077850
haters btfo
>>
>>153077807
>Rei
>Submissive

Anno gave her too many short moments of personality for her to ever be a literal doll. Those moments construct a vague enough being for otaku to create their own persona waifu fantasies where Rei has a personality, and it's the exact personality they want. They just ignore all the parts where she's, you know, submissive, and focus on the "Rei Aesthetic"

Tldr: Reifags don't even like Rei.
>>
File: Rei a shitt.png (150KB, 360x274px) Image search: [Google]
Rei a shitt.png
150KB, 360x274px
Let me start by saying that Ayanami Rei isn’t even really a person. She’s a monstrosity made out Yui Ikari’s DNA. The connection between her and Shinji Ikari comes from Shinji being interested to her smell because it reminds him of his mother and the fact that his father is giving her positive attention instead of him. Her personality type in the original anime was a response to the love of typical emotionless and submissive anime girls, and why something like that wouldn’t work in real life. Both the manga and the movie versions replaced that with Shinji straight-up warming her up and making her more human than either her, her in-show clones, or the thousands of direct copies of her in other popular anime.

Rei is by far one of the worst girls in the show, maybe even just in anime altogether, because that was the point of the character. She’s the choice of people who want to escape from human interaction and want a pet to mold however they see fit..
>>
>>153078346
Honestly I think it's because of mother complexes that people like her, I can't think of her as anything more than a mom and nothing attractive as a woman.
>>
File: are you?.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
are you?.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
>>153077807
>implying wanting a girl like Asuka is beta
The appeal of a dominant girl like Asuka is that it's a refreshing change of pace because normally you're the dominant one in every relationship.

Reifags will never understand how exhausting that is because reifags are all naturally submissive betas who are only attracted to Rei because she's the only girl that is conceivably more submissive than they are.

Misatofags are ok in my book, but Asuka is the true patrician taste. Rei is for plebs only.
>>
So I'm watching Evangelion for the first time and am I supposed to hate Asuka?
Because I don't, so far she's my favorite character maybe I'm being premature but she's awesome.
>>
>>153078830
Anno said that Asuka is only hated by beta males who can't handle strong women
>>
>>153078830
you're not supposed to hate anyone
>>
>>153078866
Yea I guess, I'm nine episodes in and every scene she's in is gold.
>>
>>153078424
Makes you the odd one out then. That said, this guy: >>153078346
is an incurable autist that reposts the same pasta hundreds times over:
http://desuarchive.org/a/search/image/Z_lMGSd_H8_LDr0-_GIoVg/

He's known as "the fireposter", or the "asukafag autist". His sthick is projecting Asuka's problems onto Rei. He makes up some nonsense about Rei being some sort of negative stereotype, while that was the case for Asuka instead.
>>
>>153079236
I know I've seen that toilet Rei image over a dozen times but I was just stating my opinion
>>
File: ppuf800X725.gif (293KB, 800x725px) Image search: [Google]
ppuf800X725.gif
293KB, 800x725px
>>153079236
>Reifags so butthurt by the truth that they go and use an archive to look up pasta
>>
Because they are faggots.
It's one of the few animes that actually has believable and deep characters. Of course people who are used to characters being shallow enablers of the plot won't get it.
They'll say things like "Man I would totally pilot a giant robot and fight monsters!" when they in the personal lives have never done anything resembling, and probably would be unable to even if they wanted. It's like a person saying "Man soldiers probably have a lot of fun at war, why isn't everyone a soldier? What a bunch of faggots.", complete idiocy.
>>
He is not ripped
That's why he is a pussy
>>
do people even watch past episode 18 in this show

getting resolve to pilot the robot isn't even the main thing in shinji's character, that was all falseflags that get crushed in episode 19
>>
>>153076445
I watch eva as one of my first anime experience. i.e 3 years ago.

Initially I was not into the idea of watching a Mecha show, Im a Sci-fi guy liking films/ concepts akin to forbidden planet/Alien, ectra. the idea of mecha was too far a stretch for science fiction to my taste, However while watching eva, the way it presented its world, and the characters; encompasses what I want form a science fiction story ALL IN ONE. from large underground facilities, the city's infrastructure, the calculated way the nerv facility operated. overall discussion of the meaning of self. It has everything i want to see in a sci-fi setting. not much else compares to it. Its a shame it was soo short.
>>
>>153078346

So you mean if Shinji ever fucked Rei he would actually be fucking a genetically modified younger version of his Mother?
Nice~
>>
>>153080851
Not anon, not only that but fucking the source of life/God? So Shinji is the NGE equivalent of the Bible's Mary.
I'm going to hell.
>>
>>153078533
I wasn't a massive fan of rei, but Jesus christ Asuka is just a cunt. She was always blaming others for her own problems and lying all the time, Rei truly is the lesser of two evils in my book.

And by book, I mean manga, because I haven't been bothered to watch the anime.
>>
>>153075717
I don't know why everyone hated Gendo. Only guy left out of instrumentality out of the whole planet. That Evangelion really fucking bit him, if you pay attention , you can see his severed corpse in one scene and it's deliberately not turning orange like everyone else.
>>
>>153080926
now i feel like a asshole. sory
>>
>>153075717
Fucked up past aside, most people don't simpatize with Shinji because he doesn't do the obvious thing.

The fate of world is at stake, I'm one of the few people who can do something to save the world I should:
A - Whine about my life.
B - Suck it up, try to save the world and solve my personal matters later.

Most people would pick B, it's the obvious choice, Shinji picks A.
>>
>>153075717
Fans don't really want to put themselves on his shoes and just think it would be easy and not utterly terrifying to pilot a robot to fight against an strange as fuck creature, not to mention the other shit his suffering from.
>>
File: snap2012111803h58m29s22.png (451KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
snap2012111803h58m29s22.png
451KB, 720x540px
>>153081048
>B - Suck it up, try to save the world and solve my personal matters later.
The fuck you talking about, he literally did just that.
>>
>>153077664
The problem with Rossiu's character was that he was trying to be reasonable in a world where, and I quote: "muh willpower will let me find a way out of the impossible", is a more than viable way of solving problems. Hell, the only effective weapon against the anti-spirals was the spiral energy. He was literally defying the fact, that the primordial energy of creation does work better than anything else, and it was proven to him and everybody else countless times.
>>
>a simple character arc that can be found in any piece of media
>people still argue about it

are you people stupid?
>>
>>153081048
Shinji does both. Also, If you think most people would pick B, you really don't know people.
>>
>>153075717
Most people have no idea what it's like to have a personality disorder. Yes, even on neo-/a/. It's not something that's easily described or talked about. Even when it's shown in anime, it's usually shown through a joke character like Madao or Zetsubou sensei. For a lot of people, especially younger fans, NGE was the first thing they watched that made them question their existence or sanity. I don't want to generalize, but there is usually a defense mechanism against things like that. There's usually a moment of "I'm not like that.".
Also (and this is one of the things Anno insisted upon), when people look for a new anime, they look for a way to escape their life and their problems for a couple of hours. Eva is like th exact opposite of this. It constantly presents the viewer with personal questions or dilemmas that have no clear answer. It's easier to say that Shinji is a pussy that to consider there might be some substance or reason behind his behavior.
>>
>>153077880
he left a big impression on him, so ofcourse he wanted to grow up like his ''big brother'', like kamina wanted to grow up like his father
>>
>>153081323
I have a sneaking suspicion that the people who think that are the sort of people who would unironically write Gorilla Warfare-tier posts.
>>
>>153081048
Most 14 year old kids would not be very enthusiastic about it.
>>
>>153076683
this

manchildren think shinji is a pussy because they lack self-insight
>>
>>153080957
I feel for gendo
>fell in love with the woman who he was manipulating to get closer to seele
>married the only person who showed caring or kindness to him
>have a child together
>Loses everything dear to him
>every action since spent on trying to get her back
>unable to see anything but the goal of getting his wife back
>need to save the world, use magic space tech and manipulate seele to do so
>fucking does it
>at the moment of triumph, where he should have been reunited against all odds with his wife gets rejected
>by the clone of his wife no less
>loses his arm
>watches his son choose the fate of everyone
>is the only one not tanged
>wife could STILL chose to join him by leaving unit 01
>kills him instead
>>
>>153083026
Gendo is a waifufag.
>>
>>153083026
He was a dick his entire life, not just to Shinji but to everyone except Yui.
>>
>>153078830
just wait for episode 21-24
>>
>>153081154
Anno really loves hands for some reason.
>>
File: mfw 4-0 fucking never.webm (742KB, 960x408px) Image search: [Google]
mfw 4-0 fucking never.webm
742KB, 960x408px
>>153078830
Asuka is one of most brilliant things about Evangelion, this is a great explanation why:

https://youtu.be/vWtXKoKIQuE

Honestly the people who harp on about best girls and why Asuka is unlikable are the typical surface level idiots who can't appreciate Eva for what it is, pure art.
>>
>>153078830
She's a horrible bitch to basically everyone she meets. She has even less empathy than your average anon.
>>
>>153076683
My Ex-fiance hated Shinji. She would always say he's a pussy and he should just get over himself and pilot the mech.
>>
Reminder that Evangelions are not even robots. They are massive cyborgs. The pilot gets injected into their spine, and their piloting chamber is filled with its blood. (It smells like blood and tastes like blood any everything.)
They then start linking their brains with its own resulting in a hyper-sympathetic relationship (dubbed synchronization) where what one feels, the other does also, which is bad since the giant cyborg is fighting death aliens that love to fire explosive laser blasts and assault with deadly slashing limbs.

Shinji was only mildly reluctant to pilot Eva the first time, typical of being faced with a frightening new situation. After actually doing it, he was very reasonably terrified of doing it further. Because it sucks. It is not like getting in a giant robot.
>>
>>153084337
Good thing you dropped that pleb.
>>
>>153084337
>he should just get over himself and pilot the mech
When will people understand that he did exactly this on multiple occasions until being mentally destroyed?
>>
Eva is largely about how difficult it is to escape your sins, and as such cannot be properly appreciated by people with poor conception of their own.
>>
>>153077182
Asuka is legitimately mentally disabled
>>
>>153085198
aren't we all though?
>>
>>153075717
Because people who are as deep as a spoon are constantly reinforced in their belief of rational rules that govern the world by entertainment media, and billions who would argue about that don't have the opportunity to discuss — or watch — anime.
>>
>>153081154
Fun fact: "spraying water" can be written in Japanese in a way that can also be read as "spraying cum into Misato".
>>
>>153085406
Kaji is pure, he has only had protected sex with Misato
>>
>>153085466
So he uses watermelons as a contraceptive device, by putting halves of the fruits in side Misato as a heavy duty cervical cap? That explains everything.
>>
>>153085280
Exactly. Millenials are dialectically challenged. And people who like to think about things and hear interesting questions sometimes aren't the sort of people to watch anime.
>>
File: amuro.jpg (40KB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
amuro.jpg
40KB, 680x382px
>>153075717
Because he is a pussy compared to other mecha pilots
>Be abandoned by dad
>Takes it upon himself to go see Dad in secret base
>See Zeek scum fucking shit up
>Decide to get in the giant robot you've never seen before and have no idea how to pilot
>Other people can use the robot because he isn't a some faggy Gary Stu
>Had to learn as he went
>Knew he would eventually die by operating the robot does it anyway
>>
>>153084744
I never realized how similar this is to Kill la Kill and Senketsu
>>
Something no one ever seems to see is how Shinji grows as a person even before Asuka being an emotionless bitch. I think Rei is supposed to show what Shinji could have been if he didn't live with Misato or get friends which slowly warm him up and make him feel proud for piloting Eva a bit more, highly underrated aspects of Shinji's life

Like fuck when Beserk 01 crushed 03's pod like holy shit that was hard to watch
>>
>>153086262
Plebeian's such as yourself need to be crucified in front of your family.
>>
>>153076063
>>153076171
Rossiu was cool because he was a very level-headed, realistic leader in a world where the heroes can win just by believing in themselves. As president, he took whatever path he believed was the safest and best for the people. He only got shit on because the TTGL universe actually allows everyone to be saved even though nobody in-universe knew it at the time. The only thing he really did wrong even from his POV was locking Simon in prison instead of just putting him under house arrest.
>>
>>153087605
Never really saw Rei as a foil to Shinii, but that's an interesting tidbit and I wouldn't be surprised if it was intended. You could even say most of the main cast are examples of what Shinji could be if he took different paths and failed to grow as a person. Rei represents if he cut himself off, Asuka is if he repressed his feelings instead of voicing them, Misato is if he found an easy outlet. Really he handles everything better than most of the adults in the show and doesn't take shit from anyone, thus his internal struggle over piloting Eva and being used as a tool vs rebelling and exercising free will.

Also one thing I liked about the Rebuilds was the aftermath of the Bardiel fight. Shinji being blinded while knowing damn well what's happening and subsequently smashing up HQ was way more effective than him just refusing to get out of the robot.
>>
>>153088096
I really love the adults really aren't any better off than kids are slight moral

Showing that you don't just suddenly change
>>
>>153088096
>being used as a tool vs rebelling and exercising free will.
I'm interested to know if Anno said something about free will on record. Besides what's presented in Eva.
>>
>>153088096
I really do think (prior to EoE rejecting Gendo) Rei was just there to see that you didn't really want the easy way out. She was there to agree, like very early Shinji.

Shinji didn't want to put someone else's life at stake

Asuka saw how she could be replaced
>>
>>153077850
>Gets kissed
This makes it sound like he's a retarded virgin fag.
>Starts Apocalypse but has a change of heart in the middle because he fucking can
That's pretty cool.
>>
File: yR7ksNX.jpg (21KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
yR7ksNX.jpg
21KB, 720x480px
>>153089549
Then you think wrong. Rei is there to show you that even if you have all the odds against you, opening up to people and trying to understand yourself honestly helps. Rei is one suppressed individual, suppress by the might of an entire world-spanning generations. Rei simply doesn't have the privilege Asuka or Shinji has for calling it quits. Even if she commits suicide, they can revive her and brainwash her - not even death is an escape for Rei.

That's why it's so important to see Rei grow and face the harsh reality, it shows us that there's hope. That's why Rei symbolizes hope in Evangelion, the hope that people can understand each other.

Asuka on the other hand, exists shows what happens if you just give up, if you choose to live the lie that is presented to you. Asuka had no personality of her own, she had never grown beyond being NERV's soldier doll. Asuka doesn't even like EVA's or find them interesting, but she can't live without them. She is like this because she can't face her own problems, and that's why she regresses into a suicide attempts and catatonia.
>>
>>153075717
>lives alone in an apartment with a very hot and always drunk woman
>never rapes her
He's a pussy
>>
>>153088096
There's a little more of it in the manga, where Yui was the first one with a master plan to be fulfilled years later by a tiny copy of her spouse made exactly for that purpose.
>>
>>153075717
Alright who would win Eva 01 or Base Gurren Lagann
>>
>>153089754
>That's why Rei symbolizes hope in Evangelion, the hope that people can understand each other.
This never made any sense to me.
Rei never tries to open up to people, she waits for Shinji to come to her before opening up.
She never takes the initiative.
>>
>>153091000
>This never made any sense to me.

Why not? Rei saves people, she sits at their bedside when they are hurt, she is a calm island of stability amidst the chaos.

>Taking intiative, not opening up

Not true. It's Rei's choice whether or not she opens up and accepts people into her heart. The initiative works both ways, the point is that bonds are made:

- Shinji takes initiative to talk with Rei, Rei opens up as a result, a bond is made

It gives the viewer hope, because it tells them that talking to people might result yourself or others opening up, making bonds.
>>
>>153091183
But I don't remember any scene where she comes to understand Shinji or vice versa.

And even then, it's just Shinji. She never gets close with any other character.
I guess you could argue Gendo, but I don't think they really understood each other either. At least, there's no scenes showing that.
>>
>>153091183
Are we talking rebuild or OG?
>>
>>153091290
Remember when Rei tried to help Asuka in the elevator?
Remember when Rei tries to talk to Toji on the rooftop after he's been selected as a pilot?

Don't get me wrong, Rei is still Rei, cold, detached, distant and all. It's buried deep into Rei's character that it doesn't want to get close to anyone. As for Shinji I'd argue hat Rei got him from early on. Remember when she visits him in the hospital, and calls him out on not wanting to pilot? Rei seems to understand a lot more than some give her credit for, it's herself she has issues with understanding.

This isn't some cliche shojo or shonen where the characters embrace each other and say "I understand you". It's shown through dialogue and action.

>>153091474
OG, but it made its way into the Rebuilds as well somehow through SDAT-symbolism, despite how it's a Rei-hating mess.
>>
>>153084744
>their piloting chamber is filled with its blood
It's LCL
>>
File: SexyAsuka.gif (1MB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
SexyAsuka.gif
1MB, 540x405px
Reminder that Shinji is straight and is in love with Asuka.
>>
File: transvestite.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
transvestite.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>153091726
>straight
>in love with Mansuka
What did the trannyfag mean by this?
>>
>>153075717
He is a spoiled kid.
You run away from home only for adult atention.
You cry only in pity for yourself.
He is kid it's understandable.
But man, father finally asked him to do something together it's miracle for most of kids.
You resist pilot eva only to bring atention, when he realised that there is half dead girl who can do that he suddenly accept for position.
If you hate your father don't speak to him be a stubborn child, do pilot things but don't ask him questions.
If you afraid of death say so, ask Misato for help.
If somebodies punching your face after earth saving mission fucking punch in return, get angry, you saving their asses and yet got beat up.
He didn't do shit actually, half of shit was on Rei and Asuka, other on his Mom (Eva unit).
There was no evolution of his character only zetsuboing child the projection of Anno and the fellow hikkies.
When i first time whatched Eva at 14 yo, i worked as odd-jobber at construction for 70 bucks per month, oh God how was i pissed by that bitch.
>>
>>153075717
Why didn't dude punch his father in the face? If my dad did that to me, I would fight, but would kick his ass when I return, for being too much of a bitch to fight on the frontlines himself. How weak a grown man need a young boy and two girls to fight a war for him.
>>
>>153092055
Kaworu >>> Shinji > Rei >>>>>>>>>>>> ASSuka
>>
File: rei and a tranny.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rei and a tranny.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>153092196
Fuck off you dumb faggot, no character is better than Rei.

I agree mansuka is the worst though.
>>
Toiletfags in suicide watch.
>>
>>153083026
Sound like a weak father that needs an asskicking. Why didn't he fight if he cared so much. Hell even Cao Cao and Nobunaga braved the front back in his day and when it came time.
>>
File: shinji and a tranny.png (215KB, 677x346px) Image search: [Google]
shinji and a tranny.png
215KB, 677x346px
>>153092301
Yeah, Asuka is the toilet.

A vegetable and a doll that has no will of its own. Pathetic.
>>
>>153092353
>>
File: gross.png (229KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
gross.png
229KB, 500x375px
>>153092413
>in suicide watch
>in

You're as retarded as Asuka.
>>
File: 1302111430349.jpg (288KB, 1210x1672px) Image search: [Google]
1302111430349.jpg
288KB, 1210x1672px
>>153092281
>better than Rei
Except for pinocchio, my friend.
>>
File: 1485496775747.jpg (49KB, 551x566px) Image search: [Google]
1485496775747.jpg
49KB, 551x566px
>>153092450
>>
File: 1449433691167.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1449433691167.webm
3MB, 640x480px
The most romantic scene involving Shinji in the entire series.
>>
File: asuka is so pretty xD.png (778KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
asuka is so pretty xD.png
778KB, 853x480px
>>153092512
Ew, what the fuck is wrong with its face? It's all scrunched up like it got injected with loads of botox and plastic surgery.
Kill it with fire!

>>153092549
Go back to /y/ trannylover.
>>
File: 1305276349010.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1305276349010.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Post something funny.
>>
File: Asuka_corpse_(EoE).png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Asuka_corpse_(EoE).png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>153092597
Asuka is a transvestite and Rei is best girl.
>>
File: 1291327962768.jpg (499KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1291327962768.jpg
499KB, 800x800px
>>153092608
Get laid kiddo, it will heal you.
>>
File: 1474589521374.jpg (1MB, 1448x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1474589521374.jpg
1MB, 1448x2048px
>>153092644
>>
File: doll.jpg (17KB, 939x704px) Image search: [Google]
doll.jpg
17KB, 939x704px
>>153092644
Asuka screaming and dying always gets a laugh out of me.
>>
>>153092608
>>153092648
Go back to your toilet rei.
>>
File: brus.jpg (45KB, 655x582px) Image search: [Google]
brus.jpg
45KB, 655x582px
>>153092648
Sure thing, rei is best, superior girl, just look.
>>
File: Брус-деревянный.png (2MB, 1618x850px) Image search: [Google]
Брус-деревянный.png
2MB, 1618x850px
>>153092723
rei project.
>>
>>153092196
Kaworuposters pls leave
>>
I hate all of you
>>
File: Ikuhara and his gay stalker.png (863KB, 650x804px) Image search: [Google]
Ikuhara and his gay stalker.png
863KB, 650x804px
>>153092843
It's Anno shitposting again.
>>
What happened to this thread

I was gone for an hour
>>
File: its a humidifier.jpg (46KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
its a humidifier.jpg
46KB, 600x600px
>>153092644
>>
>>153092894
Third impact
https://youtu.be/bUFWXpYJKaI
>>
>>153092139
He could probably be killed in sight for attempting to hurt him

Shinji and his wife cucked him out of eternal happiness
>>
File: fags.jpg (111KB, 500x526px) Image search: [Google]
fags.jpg
111KB, 500x526px
>>153092891
Anno x Ikuhara sex tape when?!
>>
>>153092597
Let's analyse it:
>Shinji realises someone's on the bed
>he looks up and sees Asuka, blushes furiously amazed by her beauty,
>his SDAT plays the song fast, implying Shinji's heart is racing right now
>he decides to kiss her, his pupils are big, sparkly, reflecting Asuka's face
Unfortunately Asuka turns him off, but this scene shows Shinji's genuine romantic and sexual attraction to her
Kaworufags BTFO
>>
File: LAK_1409195227316.gif (501KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
LAK_1409195227316.gif
501KB, 600x300px
>>153093102
I ship Kaworu with Asuka, so it's all good senpai
>>
>>153093163
Good taste.
>>
>>153093163
The most disgusting ship desu even from aesthetic side
Kaworu is a standard bishounen, he can't possibly look natural among women
>>
>every thread same people, same pictures, same filenames, same words
When did it all go tumbling down?
>>
File: LAK_1408763561553.jpg (183KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
LAK_1408763561553.jpg
183KB, 500x500px
>>153093356
Women like guys like Kaworu, not pussy little bitches like Shinji.

It's more realistic for Asuka to be into Kaworu, he even acts like Kaji too.
They even get together in spinoffs.
>>
>>153092691
>ywn teach loli Rei to fight furry Fuyutsuki
Feels Badman
>>
>>153093422
Women like to watch guys like Kaworu make love to guys like Shinji. You simply don't understand yaoi culture and it's archetypes and aesthetics. Asuka met Karl in manga and she immediately labeled him a pervert and tried to beat the shit out of him. This ship is retarded
>>
At least we can all agree Mari is shit
>>
>>153093403
There was a relatively good thread earlier someone from here made on /lit/. People actually discussed the show, and someone posted a short if interesting psychoanalytic text on Eva:
https://www.scribd.com/document/114800027/The-Importance-of-Psychoanalysis-Freud-s-Oedipus-Complex-and-the-Return-to-the-Womb-in-Neon-Genesis-Evangelion

It still went tumbling down after a critical mass, only instead of copy-paste posters it had a bunch of locals projecting and throwing accusations. Kind of the same thing but with longer words.
>>
>>153094159
>I wrote this paper as a final for my Literary Theory and Criticism class.

aaaaand it's garbage.
>>
>>153093718
Fourth best Children depending how you count Reis.
>>
>>153094229
Harsh
>>
>>153094360
But fair.
>>
>>153094229
I didn't write it. Don't assume I want to shill something just because I mentioned it. This isn't /v/ or /tg/.
>>
Why do people even compare Rei and Asuka? What's the competition? Who's more emotionally damaged? You're literally discussing if an artificial apathetic sociopath with alien soul is better than a damaged child who was rejected and nearly killed by her psychotic mother and later saw her hanging from the ceiling at the age of fucking four.
Was this really the Master's legacy?
>>
>>153094159
>>153094229
You can't convince me you read and analyzed 10 pages in the minute and a half between these posts.
>>
>>153081154
>I AM THE PILOT OF EVA-01!
>>
>>153094455
They're the 2 other pilots for the Eva's. It's dumb because they're both supposed to show imbalance on opposite sides
>>
>>153094455
Originally, there was no problem.

Rei was #1 and all was right with the world. Evangelion was a huge smash hit, it was actually, genuinely good with a lot of substance. But then the Asukafags started hating. They couldn't deal with being inferior, and lashed out at Rei and the rest of the fans. They created an unecessary waifu war because they are disgusting otaku unable to accept reality.
>>
File: LAK_1417359585573.jpg (205KB, 898x1280px) Image search: [Google]
LAK_1417359585573.jpg
205KB, 898x1280px
>>153093579
Karl is not Kaworu.

In the original version Asuka has a crush on Kaworu, it was meant to be.
>>
>>153081048
Even CHRIST himself was filled with doubt and cried and tried to bargain with God not to get on the fucking cross, because he knew it would hurt like well getting crucified and that dying was not cool even if he had ensured respawn. Jesus Christ, I'm talking about. God made flesh. A being detached from matter, who knew there was an afterlife. And for whom God was a loving father.

But is Shinji the bad guy for not wanting to raid a machine of pain and suffering and death.
>>
File: 1450210341120.png (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1450210341120.png
14KB, 400x400px
>>153075717
I think most people expect NGE to be something when they watch it because it's well-known so they heard about it. I watched it as a child when it was on TV, didn't hear about it before, so I just saw it as a horror story about an unlucky guy piloting a "robot", I mostly felt bad for Shinji during the whole show. I think that if I had watched it later, as a teenager who is more familiar with popular stereotypes in anime, I would have complained about Shinji being a pussy a bit, too. I didn't watch the movie back then though, I was just left confused because why would Shinji kill Kaworu if he liked him so much and also by the last episodes.
>>
>>153094873
>why would Shinji kill Kaworu if he liked him so much
Because Kaworu begged Shinji to kill him, Shinji wouldn't have have gladly sacrificed the humans and let Kaworu live and destroy everyone if Kaworu didn't command him to do it.
And even then it took Shinji like 3 fucking minutes to finally do it.
>>
>>153094784
But why did people even like Rei? She's boring, if you compare. Her arc is just making independent decision and that's it.
>>
>>153095015
I was 8 at the time, I was expecting Shinji to let Kaworu live and run away from all this bullshit with him because they liked each other so much. Instead I thought the TV was all fucked up and Kaworu got beheaded. I knew that's what he wanted but I thought Shinji wouldn't do it.
>>
>>153094873
I didn't really have that much of a preconceived notion about it, I just kinda chose to watch it on a whim one day, and that's actually how I wound up here because there's only one worthwhile place to talk about anime. Anyway, I did have a hint that something about the end was controversial, but not really what or why. Anyway, the ending was quite impressive, I was blown away and surprised that anyone would tell someone to skip the end. I was talking to my brother after I finished it and he asked me if I saw the movie.

>No, why? Isn't it just a remake of the ending? I got the ending the first time, it wasn't that confusing.
>just watch it
>k
>>
>>153094849
this
>>
>>153095094
8 year olds shouldn't watch eva
>>
>>153095023
Not him or a Reifag

Rei is an intresting character concept even if she's borning. You're not supposed to be interested in her and she's not a normal person who can't function normally who is willing to throw their life away because they can. She's flawed like every other character. The opposite of Asuka
>>
>>153095094
Well if he did that all the humans would die and the show would be over right then and there.
>>
>>153094849
Don't bother, most of /a/ is retarded.
>>
>>153095187
why
>>
>>153095238
they won't get it
>>
>>153095194
They're opposites, but you're supposed to like Rei though.

Asuka = escapism
Rei = accepting reality
>>
>>153095249
Evangelion is a kid's show
>>
>>153095123
I was confused by the last episodes mostly because I thought I missed some other episode before, since I was watching it on TV.

>>153095187
Didn't Anno said it was supposed to be aimed at kids? Some episodes and scenes scared me a lot, when it got to lewd I just changed the channel for some minutes or my parents would have kicked my ass, but other than that it's fine. They thought all anime were for kids anyway.
>>
>>153095194
And that's what is said, we're not supposed to judge who's better. They are there to show us sad flawed people. That's plane autism. As for Rei being loved by otaku I don't know how it makes her a better character. They are clearly attracted to looks and silent, seemingly mysterious personality.
>>
File: grapes.jpg (275KB, 1280x1847px) Image search: [Google]
grapes.jpg
275KB, 1280x1847px
>>153095249
half of /a/ doesn't get it. Is this place all eight year olds?
>>
>>153095289
are you still 8
>>
>>153095249
even Anno doesn't get it, who gives a shit if someone watched it as a id
>>
>>153095315
I'll be 23 this year.
>>
>>153095292
>That's plane autism.
Think you're mixing up Anno with someone else.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU6Cp2cB-30
>>
>>153094849
Christ was a pussy and god is dead
>>
>>153095264
But Asuka clearly accepts reality along with Shinji in EoE, who also represents emotional escapism.
Rei doesn't "accept" herself. She simply doesn't know who she is, thinks she has no value and that she's expendable, hence the repeating question "Who am I?" She doesn't care about herself and we're shown why it's bad. Although, in the end she makes an independent decision, yes, finds value in herself (not that it's too hard to find a value in yourself when it turns out you're a God)
>>
>>153095264
Yeah but she is to be a bit of a buzzkill
>>
File: lkhlkj.png (75KB, 211x173px) Image search: [Google]
lkhlkj.png
75KB, 211x173px
>>153095399
Why do you want to know? Is my English that bad?
>>
>>153077664
>"muh willpower will let me find a way out of the impossible"

That's the problem. That was the viable way of dealing with things in that world. He also made his share of boneheaded decisions like leaving Simon to die and dismantling the Gunmen like they weren't needed anymore.
>>
>>153095523
No I'm just not doing anything today and was wondering if you wanted to hang out
>>
>>153083026
He was an asshole to everyone but Yui. His wife didn't chose him because she basically saw all the shit he put Shinji thorough
>>
>>153095547
Can you fault someone for not knowing how to kick logic to the curb an for do the literal impossible?

Not his fault he didn't understand how to break physics. The whole Simon thing is retarded however on his end

He did bring back lord Genome and the Arc, for Arc Gurren
>>
File: 1423013410614.jpg (185KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1423013410614.jpg
185KB, 1920x1080px
>>153095489
>But Asuka clearly accepts reality along with Shinji in EoE

Therein lies the proof: Asuka was representing escapism until Rei saved her with instrumentality. To accept reality, Asuka must have not accepted it to begin with.

>She simply doesn't know who she is, thinks she has no value and that she's expendable, hence the repeating question "Who am I?" She doesn't care about herself and we're shown why it's bad.
Yes!
but no:
>Rei doesn't "accept" herself.

Rei DOES accept herself. But to accept oneself, you need to actually know who you are. Asuka refuses to look at herself honestly, and therefore would never accepts herself unless the world literally ended.

Rei however introspects, she questions, she tackles the Angel that shows her her heart directly. When Asuka was put in that situation, she reached towards her own safe space, the delusion of being the eva pilot.

We are shown that Rei's isolation is bad for her, but we are also shown that Rei grows from reaching outside her own isolation. That Rei turns out to be a god is the thematic reward for Rei's efforts.

Asuka refuses to work with herself, and is punished by becoming a doll fuckpuppet.
Rei works with herself, and is rewarded by becoming a God.

That's the core message in comparing these characters. It's all metaphor.
>>
>>153095726
>rewarded by becoming a God

That's not how it worked though. She accepted that she is not a person and can not die

I find her intresting but not a "good girl"

I have no idea how to feel about Asuka after EoE
>>
I don't understand how people don't understand that the entire show is a metaphor for the emotional issues common to people with identity disorders. Shinji is avoidant, Asuka and to a lesser extent, misato are borderline, Asuka is also histrionic, Rei is Schizoid. The whole show is filled with symbolism and meaning about human psychology which is what makes it great.
>>
>>153095547
>>153095648

I always thought that thing with Kiyal being mad at Kittan after the "Giga Drill Maximum" moment was kinda dumb.

Because Kittan is justifiably upset that Rossiu had his sister ride in a mech with bombs just so Simon wouldn't try to escape, and when he brings this up she just slaps him and goes "You don't understand him!"

Despite the fact that Rossiu isn't telling anyone a thing and as far as the other Dai Gurren members are concerned, he's just pulling dick move after dick move
>>
>>153095726
I feel like a lot of people believe the inverse, like it's in choosing Asuka that one is accepting reality. Rebuild 2.22 probably didn't do any wonders for the opposing interpretation either.

I don't very much like Asuka, and I don't think she's a strong female character just because she's not into Shinji and has no problems stating such. Shinji's not the best guy in the world, but Asuka, beyond being a basket case, is also a bit of a cunt.
>>
File: they are bolted to the floor.jpg (71KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
they are bolted to the floor.jpg
71KB, 600x800px
>>153095814
>That's not how it worked though. She accepted that she is not a person and can not die
No, that's not it. She accepts her individuality and asserts her own personal freedom in the original series. However, she also accepts that despite being a person, she can also die.

It sounds harsh, it's sounds horrible, but we both know it's true. They CAN revive Rei, and they do so twice over the series. When Rei accepts that, she is accepting something scary and potentially unflattering about herself. But it's the truth nonetheless. This allows Rei to use this to her own advantage. In order to ensure the survival of her friends, she can take one for the team. Shinji will die if killed, and so will Asuka.

So instead of being caught in a loop of self-pity and self-hatred, Rei became numb (also bad btw), but was able to weather the pain of reality and make progress for her own sake and others.

Imagine if Rei cried constantly about "waaaah I'm a clone no one loooves meeee waaaah I'm not worthy of life I hate eeryone whaaa" - she practically be Asuka.
>>
>>153095934
Yeah but he felt bad about the whole thing. He wasn't doing what the thought was right

Like his village chief

And Lord Genome

And Anti-Spiral

Also Kittan became the most relatable character in the show after the time skip, Simon became a bit fucking OP
>>
>>153095846
If you're talking about the Christian symbolism, then most of that is just aesthetic choice.

The social themes prevalent in Evangelion are very much there though, and have a deeper bearing upon the story than the Christian symbolism. But I feel like most of that probably wasn't intentional.
>>
>>153095846
They don't care besides what's on the surface. It's all bluepilled in here.
>>
File: 1422872713749.jpg (468KB, 1168x1458px) Image search: [Google]
1422872713749.jpg
468KB, 1168x1458px
>>153095962
>I feel like a lot of people believe the inverse, like it's in choosing Asuka that one is accepting reality. Rebuild 2.22 probably didn't do any wonders for the opposing interpretation either.

You'll only hear that from Asuka fans because they fans don't have anything to be proud of in their favorite character. She wasn't the best EVA pilot, she wasn't the strongest girl, she wasn't the most adored and nor did she really achieve anything but make things worse for herself.

The only thing they can rely on is imagination and pretending. That's why they say that Asuka is "accepting reality", and ironically they do this by adding fanfiction to Evangelion, post-EoE while ignoring 99% of what Evangelion actually told them. When 2.22 came out, they were naturally fuming, and wanted the world to be destroyed.

3.33 and in many ways, Rebuild is the product of the dark desire of Asuka fans to see everything destroyed.
>>
>>153096056
He just wanted the allusion is my guess

People probably took it way to far
>>
File: fags.jpg (63KB, 584x766px) Image search: [Google]
fags.jpg
63KB, 584x766px
Asuka is the best character because she is the most realistic
>>
>>153096087
I can't tell if this post is satirical.
>>
>>153096087
I felt like Asuka wasn't always missing something and was on the verge of change before being cut down
>>
>>153096184
Why would it be satirical?
>>
>>153096229
She's missing a character. Asuka is a plot device and an allusion to otaku self-destructiveness. The real characters with actual development would be Shinji, Misato and Rei.
>>
>>153096231
>When 2.22 came out, they were naturally fuming, and wanted the world to be destroyed.
>3.33 and in many ways, Rebuild is the product of the dark desire of Asuka fans to see everything destroyed.

Because this sounds ridiculous and extreme.
Like satire.
>>
>>153096274
It's ridiculous and extreme, but it's the truth nonetheless. Truth is stranger than fiction.
>>
>>153096268
>Asuka is a plot device
You don't actually believe this, do you?
>>
>>153096268
That's what I'm saying she got gimped a bit

This is Gianax after all
>>
>>153096338
She is in the latter half of the series.
>>
>>153096384
Everyone is except Shinji.
>>
>>153096274
Think about it. The principal writers of Rebuild are one Anno and one Tsurumaki, both huge Asuka fans. The former is angry that Rei is popular, but has no problems with being happy of other EVA-character's popularity.

Years later, he remakes Evangelion into a waifu-fest where if the principal character chooses to save or care about Rei, the world is destroyed as punishment, and he is harassed for an entire movie as result, with everyone hating him.

How is this not a childish temper tantrum being thrown with a massive budget?
>>
>>153096415
No, they had actual character arcs still going on, they still had choices that mattered.
>>
>>153094849
Anno Domini Christ was a poorly directed anime and the animation quality is like Ancient Egyptian pottery.

The worst crime of the whole production was all of the pointless symbolism and foreshadowing of Christ piloting the crucifix because he wanted to receive his father's praise.

Although the ending was an unexpectedly happy ending what with Jesus sacrificing himself for the human's sins, and the sins transformed into idealised forms of every human so that Jesus would never be alone
>>
>>153096320
>>153096229

I feel like most of this is the product of End of Evangelion, which should always be interpreted as an ending alternate to the actual ending of the series; the Television Broadcast. It's not just a much darker, more in depth interpretation of Instrumentality, I think it's an examination of an outright failure, whereas the Broadcast ending was an examination of success.

Both Shinji and Asuka are, quite frankly, awful and only get worse in End of Evangelion. There's no growth and resolution of their characters, there's only a decline, degradation, and inevitable collapse of their characters. Now, mind you, that IS a form of resolution, but overall, they're worse off for it.

Now while no one can say that isn't a valid artistic interpretation of two characters and that the movie as a whole is not a valid piece of artistic expression, I don't think it's a very admirable piece and in no way do I think EoE was the intended conclusion to the series. Even if it has become the hallmark of this franchise and, arguably, the reason so many people continue to talk about Evangelion today.
>>
>>153095987
She doesn't cry about it because she doesn't know why it's bad. You look at Rei like at an actual human who grew up in human society with family and friends. While it's strongly proven otherwise much like with Kaworu, who was too perfect and was shown to be non-human. Rei didn't even live enough of her life (she's literally 5) to understand what it is to be human and how painful it is to lose mother or be rejected by your father, like Rei and Shinji know. Rei is also desperate for love as it is shown in a scene where Unit 00 goes berserk, citing the reason as mental instability of the pilot. When she's reassured Gendo worries about her, she becomes more stable and is able to synchronize. She can't find value in herself, exactly like Shinji and Asuka, therefore she needs someone to rely on. She had Shinji who supported her and for whom she, in the end, gave her life. Unlike Asuka, who was harshly rejected despite only wanting a person to rely on and love (i.e. Shinji and Kaji, even tries to be friends) Rei has her source of value in Shinji, that's why she refuses to follow Gendo and goes to him. Rei didn't accept herself, it's not about acceptance, she accepted herself and her purpose the moment she was taken out of LCL and inhibited with soul. It's all about sources of value. Asuka and Shinji had theirs as children but lost them by being ultimately abandoned and labeled as unneeded by everyone, especially their parents, a horrible experience. Rei had no value in herself but found out that Shinji genuinely cared about her and found her value through him. Asuka was both abandoned by everyone and lost her source of value (her Eva). They were in different situations. Rei was never rewarded with godhood, it's not a reward, it was her destiny since the beginning, she just found value in herself through Shinji and managed to make her own decision, return to him. So they were in different situations
>>
>>153096554
Also all the symbols and psychological elements were there just to make it more interesting, and shouldn't be taken too seriously.
>>
>>153096422
I honestly don't know. I wouldn't even mind if saving Rei being a bad thing was actually presented as an idea and actually discussed. The accusations and harassment in 3.33 are nonsensical and make me tired.
>>
>>153096725
You wouldn't mind? Presenting lies like that are always bad.
>>
>>153096456
Asuka's choices mattered too
>>
>>153096803
Nah, it's like with Simon giving up on saving Nia. It thematically makes sense.
>>
>>153096693
>She doesn't cry about it because she doesn't know why it's bad.

Well that's not true. She does suffer, and she is lonely. She does suffer insecurity around who she is, leading to that existential crisis of hers. I agree that she's hasn't had a normal life, but it'd be wrong to say that Rei finds this "OK" or "all right".

>While it's strongly proven otherwise much like with Kaworu,

argument discarded. Kaworu has no backstory nor anything relevant to offer this discussion. Nothing is ever "proven strongly" with Kaworu because he has nearly zero characterization and is a plot device.

>Rei was never rewarded with godhood, it's not a reward, it was her destiny since the beginning, she just found value in herself through Shinji and managed to make her own decision, return to him. So they were in different situations

Well that's not true either. If Rei had indeed cried and done nothing about herself, letting herself just be NERV's doll, then she'd never realize her destiny. It's a beautiful message Evangelion sends with Rei.
>>
>>153096803
Well.
I actually liked what Rei, Shinji, and Asuka had going on in 2.22. It was shallow, but it was fun and in comparison to the main series I thought it was interesting. In hindsight, destroying the world to save your lover is in fact, a bad thing to do.

But it's not like Shinji intended to do that, he was just talking big to hype himself up, so that he would have the willpower to push through the pain of breaking into an Angel and forcibly removing Rei from it. Mind you, he was literally burning apart in the process of doing this.

Back on point, if they had presented what he'd done as a form of escapism (even if it wasn't; he earnestly wanted to save his friend) and actually presented an argument as to why they interpreted it this way (they being the crew of WILLE) it would have been a better movie. It wouldn't have been true, and reasonable people would have had to argue with idiots and Asuka-fans for years to come as to why they were wrong. But it would've made 3.33 a better movie.
>>
>>153096909
Not really, no. In that case no one should come back from instrumentality or death, since they well, you know - died. Saving people from death isn't something that's wrong, might as well quit inventing medicine and new technology to save people from death. No point in reviving clinically dead people either.
>>
I feel when people are discussing Rei and Asuka, they cross back and forth over many aspects of what makes a person verse that is their morals/actions

If that makes sense
>>
>>153096422
It's not a childish something something because Anno actually knows what he tried to show and say through the character and otaku completely misunderstand him. You're spitting bullshit, its like saying that if people suddenly read "The Crime and Punishment" and thought that Raskolnikov is a hero and Dostoevsky published a note explaining why he's not and everyone suddenly called him stupid and not getting his own book. Lmao.
>>
>>153096909
He actually can bring he back to life but is not going to endanger the universe when they just killed the previous "protectors" of the universe
>>
>>153096974
I think people who are still technically alive through feeding tubes but basically vegetables because they can't speak or think shouldn't be kept alive.
>>
>>153097057
It's the same situation with Shinji and Rei

Why bring her back to life if it will endanger the universe?
We see an impact and destruction had occured because Shinji merged with the angel briefly to pull Rei out.
>>
>>153097026
>>153096422
The first guy does have an argument. Anno did allude to a desire to "destroy what Evangelion is" with the Rebuild series of films. I'd say he very intentionally, meticulously flipped the original series' interpretations of what's proper and healthy on their head with the Rebuild movies.

I'd say that.

If it weren't for the fact he outright admitted he likes Asuka the most among the girls.

I'd say that if 3.33 wasn't an actual terrible piece of work. As an actual film, it fails. As an actual story, it fails. Regardless of what his intentions were. And quite frankly, I don't necessarily think he had any intentions. Not with Rebuild. Not beyond "shaking things up" for the sake of it. That's all.
>>
>>153097149
So you basically refuse to see what author originally intended to show and instead shit everywhere with your headcanon trying to present it as objective truth everywhere? You're no better than shippers then.
>>
>>153096965
I wouldn't call it shallow as much as a work in progress. If we consider just the first half of NGE, then these characters would be shallow too.

>In hindsight, destroying the world to save your lover is in fact, a bad thing to do. But it's not like Shinji intended to do that
Pretty much.

The thing is, it's can never make sense. 3.33 introduced the destruction of the world to please Asuka and Kaworu fans, who'd rather see everything destroyed than having Shinji get more familiar with Rei. It doesn't make sense to blame someone for liking someone else, but here it is anyway.

>>153097146
Well, recently they discovered a way to communicate with these patient. Turns out many of them that they're actually conscious all the time. By having them focus on one area or thing, we can formulate "yes/no" questions and ask them.

Turns out they are perfectly lucid. These are people you want to kill, rather than spend effort and resources on rather than attempting to bring them back to life and happiness.
>>
>>153097320
The author of the show, Anno, also said Shinji and Kaworu are gay together.
Does that mean we should believe it when the show clearly shows otherwise?

No.
>>
>>153097320
The author was too busy acting like Shinji so the people of the era never got to appreciate his genius.

All we can do is post-mortems now.
>>
>>153097279
Of course he had intentions with Rebuild. You said it yourself. Don't look away at the ((coincidences)) :

He's a huge Asuka fan -> Asuka gets turned into a princess with superpoweres, with all flaws removed
He doesn't like Rei -> Rei gets turned into a clone doll mom-allegory with no will of her own

It's safe to say that people who like Rebuild 3.33 don't get Evangelion.
>>
>>153097325
>These are people you want to kill
Then I can love them, all the more.
>>
>>153097325
>recently they discovered a way to communicate with these patient
Do you have a source on this? I would like to see it.

There was a case from a decade ago where a little girl was taken off the feeding tubes from a huge court case after it was decided she wasn't really living despite breathing
>>
>>153097325
>Turns out they are perfectly lucid.

That's very scary.
>>
>>153095238
>why
>>
File: asukacrotch.webm (492KB, 1698x720px) Image search: [Google]
asukacrotch.webm
492KB, 1698x720px
>>153097320
>So you basically refuse to see what author originally intended to show
Here's the problem with that, you are nobody. You aren't Anno. So when you say "Anno intended this, or that" without any real basis, you're just resorting to an authority fallacy to support your own interpretation.

That's why no one takes you or people like you seriously. You're just not realistic or good critics of literature. You're like fat gelationus landwhales who use fiction as a dildo to get yourself off, claiming it was the author's intention that you do this.

What the author intended is one thing. He may succeed, or he may fail. What remains the absolute constant is the work he's produced. In Evangelion, Rei is objectively better than Asuka. If Anno intended to show otherwise, he failed.

Rebuilding Evangelion 20 years later just shows you how butthurt he was about that, and it proves that indeed, he was wrong about Evangelion.
>>
>>153097368
The show clearly shows us homoeroticism and sexual undertones in their interaction, just as any stulized bishounen romance, it's clearly intentional and is made that way to show us how emotionally Kaworu is attractive to Shinji. It's sexual imagery representing emotional attachment, much like sexual imagery in Third Impact represented union between people. Anno may ship them for fun, but he never said they were "gay" for each other. And if they were, than its even more realistic. Kaworu is so perfect he transcends sexuality and makes Shinji fall in love with him. It may be explained through Freud and Jung's theories on bisexuality or through traditional Japanese views on bishounen beauty.
>>
>>153097391
>don't get Evangelion
I'm pretty sure the author likes certain character because he knows what she represents. Especially when all the characters are literally copies of certain aspects of your own psyche. Don't be retarded, anon.
>>
>>153084337
>and he should just get over himself and pilot the mech.

You mean the thing he does over and over, where he rushes into combat without even provocation?
>>
File: kawo_690376.jpg (422KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
kawo_690376.jpg
422KB, 1024x768px
>>153097597
No, Kaworu is straight and he's dating me.
>>
>>153097557
>Rebuilding Evangelion 20 years later just shows you how butthurt he was about that, and it proves that indeed, he was wrong about Evangelion.

Now I'm not completely sure about this. Even if there is a pretty good argument that said butthurt showed in his work, that might not have been why he decided to produce more of the series. It was probably for money, or nostalgia. But I mean, I guess it doesn't really matter.

And here's why.

>>153097320
Honestly, the author's intentions are no more valid than the audience's interpretation. They might even be a little less valid.
>>
>>153097557
>objectively
That's pretty much wrong. She may be better subjectively but never objectively, I even specified that. The only one retarded here is you. Reifags tend to present their subjective fanwank and what they see as an argument proving that certain character is "objectively" better, while we can judge that only if we fully understand the character in the same way the one who created it does. Rei is literally part of Anno's psyche, one of his projections, so the only one who can prove us with material for "objective" judging is him. Everything else is subjective. Fine, you may see something in Rei (actually, imagine something) that Anno doesn't see, but don't try to use it as an "objective" argument, it shows how retarded and desperate you are.
>>
>>153097639
>I'm pretty sure the author likes certain character because he knows what she represents
Then you'd be wrong. Everyone can make mistakes. At the end of the day, it's only objectivity and sticking to the reality of things which saves the day. Anno may have intended something and failed at it.
>>
>>153084337
He did this over and over, and over, and over though. At one point he was even comfortable with it being a part of his every day life. He didn't hit another wall where he didn't want to pilot 01 again until it crippled his friend against his will and then he STILL got back in it.
>>
>>153097755
>They might even be a little less valid.
Would that be because the artist doesn't necessarily get understand the reasoning behind every stroke he does, but someone with more experience might actually?
>>
>>153097719
He's not, honey, I'm sorry but he only exists in the mind of an old Jap and that old Jap ships him with another archetype in his own head.
>>
>>153097597
Nah Shinji is straight stop with the "if"
>>
>>153097815
>Calls someone out for using an objective argument.
>Uses one is his own post.
>>
>>153097473
>>153097451
http://www.medpagetoday.com/neurology/headtrauma/40947
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/jan/31/groundbreaking-system-allows-locked-in-syndrome-patients-to-communicate-als

It's not even that new.
>>
File: Kawo_C0CUBN5VEAAJTGr.jpg (42KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Kawo_C0CUBN5VEAAJTGr.jpg
42KB, 1024x576px
>>153097879
You're wrong.

Kaworu likes boobs, he has no interest in dick.
I have proof.
>>
>>153077031
>But Eva seemed to be based around the premise "these otaku; these modern japanese males who shut themselves off from the world and spend time self inserting into mecha anime thinking they could save the world, all while struggling to sort out even the most trivial problems in their own real lives. What if they ever got their wish and ended up in that position"
I think this is going too far. I agree with the sentiment that it was a "deconstruction" (aka a derivation from the normal mecha tropes)

Eva's characters were definitely reflections of anxieties felt by young Japanese in the 90s though
>>
File: homosexual love interest.jpg (121KB, 512x631px) Image search: [Google]
homosexual love interest.jpg
121KB, 512x631px
>>153097597
>but he never said they were "gay" for each other
He did in the official filmbook interviews.
>>
>all these desperate Reifags
You people understand that you're basically screaming at Anno that he doesn't understand what he wrote? You're basically finding meaning in something that didn't have that meaning in basis. It's like looking at a piece of shit some bum pooped out and telling everyone that this piece of shit objectively represents God's love
>>
File: new figures.jpg (871KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
new figures.jpg
871KB, 3264x1836px
>>153097755
>Now I'm not completely sure about this. Even if there is a pretty good argument that said butthurt showed in his work, that might not have been why he decided to produce more of the series. It was probably for money, or nostalgia. But I mean, I guess it doesn't really matter.

Make up your mind. If it doesn't matter, then spare us your opinion of it. The arguments for Anno being butthurt are solid and undeniable, only rabid Asukafans would deny it since it makes them look bad by proxy. That said, of course there's more reasons, money is a great reason and Eva just prints the stuff.

>>153097815
Objectively, Rei was more popular and well liked. There's one metric, and coincidentally, it's the one metric otaku such as Anno care about the most. It's why he's so bitter about Rei's popularity.

These are hard facts, even if obviously one might subjectively like another character better. The Rei that was produces in NGE was more powerful, original, admirable and important than Asuka's character, which produced an immensive response. These are also objective facts to consider. Liking/Disliking is like you said, another thing entirely.

Rebuild etc... exists to undo the objective superiority of Rei. Did you really think it was a coincidence that Anno removes Rei's super-powers,gives super-powers to Asuka whilst transferring the iconic imagery of Rei onto Asuka?

How many "coincidences" do you need before wisening up?
>>
>>153097984
Don't post your tits again, I've seen enough
>>
>writing academic papers on anime/manga
Embarrassing!
>>
File: Kaworu_(Rebuild_1.0)_01.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kaworu_(Rebuild_1.0)_01.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>153098131
That's mean.
>>
>>153098051
It's just pandering, not canon
>>
>>153098084
>all these desperate Asukafags

Hey,dude, listen:

>You people understand that you're basically screaming at Anno that he doesn't understand what he wrote?

No no. You have it the other way around. Anno produced something, then HE screamed at people who liked it differently than he did. Let's take your analogy:

A bum takes a dump somewhere. Then people gather around it, scientists and the learned examine it, and find irrevocable evidence that "holy shit, it actually DOES represent God's love!". There are revolts and huge changes to society as a whole, but the bum really throws a sour fit being angry that people like his shit.

Then twenty years later, he takes another shit, which is acutally shit, and pushes it as "God's Love". Hint, it's the Rebuilds.
>>
>>153098255
Do you think Go Nagai was pandering with Ryo Asuka as well?

Learn some Anime history.
>>
>>153097859
I don't know if experience is the only factor, but since it's the only thing we can quantify right now, let's say yes. I think it's fair to say that an artist's perspective on the themes and issues he's tackling in his work plays an important part in how he interprets it. I also think it comes down to skill.

Sometimes, people really do just fail at getting across what they want to get across and as unfortunate as that is, it's what happens.

I can speak from experience. Time and time again, my own readers see more in a character than what was initially intended and when asked to present arguments as to why, I can usually see where they're coming from. Conversely, they also fail to see my intentions where I would otherwise expect them to be very clear.

I'm not saying Rei is a shining example of independent action or the acceptance of one's circumstances (I'm not saying it, but she totally is), but I don't see any merit to Asuka's character whatsoever. Her sole claim to "strength" and fame is rejecting Shinji.

But she's not the only one who does that. His interpretation of pretty much every female relationship he has is skewed and broken and wrong.
>>
>>153098093
>objectively Rei was the most popular and liked
But that objective popularity has nothing to do with character traits you subjectively see in Rei. Yes, Rei was liked in Japan by otaku, shut-in males who saw themselves in Rei or liked her looks and seemingly mysterious personality. It's like saying that Michael Bay is a genius judging by how much money his films make. Are they good? Do they have hidden meaning and message? No, they are just juicy pictures popular with teens. Same here. Anno even says the reason Japanese youth liked Rei more is because they can't handle strong women. Anno understands them much better than you think because he was one himself.
>>
>>153098227
B-b... but I meant that you'll get banned again, K-kaworufag-chan... Don't hate me, p-please, I didn't m-mean it...
>>
File: kaworu.nagisa360.png (478KB, 619x465px) Image search: [Google]
kaworu.nagisa360.png
478KB, 619x465px
>>153098420
I don't hate you anon-kun, I hate myself.
>>
>>153098376
>Are they good?
Yes
>>
>>153098093
>Rebuild etc... exists to undo the objective superiority of Rei. Did you really think it was a coincidence that Anno removes Rei's super-powers,gives super-powers to Asuka whilst transferring the iconic imagery of Rei onto Asuka?

When does this happen? With the eyepatch?

Eitherway, yes, I do think it's a coincidence. 3.33 was pandering at its worst, yes. But the Berserk Mode was played up in general and that'd been the case since 2.22. That specific incident of Asuka achieving a special Berserk state doesn't really mean anything when Mari did it too in the previous movie. The bestial features were more pronounced yes, but it was effectively the same thing.
>>
Shinji is canonically heterosexual and in love with Asuka
Let's analyse this scene:
>Shinji realises someone's on the bed
>he looks up and sees Asuka, blushes furiously amazed by her beauty,
>his SDAT plays the song fast, implying Shinji's heart is racing right now
>he decides to kiss her, his pupils are big, sparkly, reflecting Asuka's face
Unfortunately Asuka turns him off, but this scene shows Shinji's genuine romantic and sexual attraction to her
Kawoshinfags BTFO
>>
>>153098453
That's deep
I hate myself too
>>
>>153098339
You sound like a clever one, I think get what you're saying. How many times do you feel like people completely understand your art?

The only reason I clued in to a lot of this shit is because I got the intention to make video games, so I more or less played them while trying to take everything in that I like for later usage.

It's really fun sending clips to people involved with the making of a game and having their response be something like, "I've never seen anyone play this game exactly how I wanted them to before".

What sort of projects are you responsible for?
>>
>>153098513
You forgot the webm, anon
>>
>>153098516
Don't worry, we all hate ourselves. That's why we're here on /a/ together.

You are (not) alone.
>>
File: qImzHAA.jpg (429KB, 1135x1600px) Image search: [Google]
qImzHAA.jpg
429KB, 1135x1600px
>>153098376
>But that objective popularity has nothing to do with character traits you subjectively see in Rei.

Doesn't matter, because it's the objective popularity Asuka fans, Kaworu fans etc... AND Anno objects against. If they were adults, they would simply have accept Rei's popularity rather than coming up with convoluted excuses for it.

Just like you do here:
>Rei was liked in Japan by otaku, shut-in males who saw themselves in Rei or liked her looks and seemingly mysterious personality.

you attack the audience and fans of Rei because you can't accept that Rei is liked by everyone. Rei's massive popularity cannot be explained by otaku attention alone, and every critic including Anno characterizes the attraction to Rei as being on a national level. She's the poster girl in a franchise that hates her - a franchise run by otaku.

Truth is, Rei was liked by otaku but also by the regular non otaku members of the audience. It matches every point of data we have. There's more otaku porn doujins of Asuka, more fanfiction and from 2ch to Evageeks the discussion sites are always FLOODED with Asuka otaku, outnumbering Rei fans greatly.

Yet Rei keeps winning polls. Ask people in the streets at random and they'll say "Ah, Rei is the best" most of the time. I mean, what do you base your accusations on?
>>
What if Asuka became a doll because she was replaced by one earlier in life
>>
>>153098453
Hey anon, I don't hate myself.

I also don't hate you.
>>
>>153098563
I posted it previously
>>
>>153098498
The "berserk state" is one thing, and you bet hell will freeze over before Rei is given anything new and inspiring in Evangelion ever again - but that wasn't the superpower I referred to.

Asuka is given literal super-powers for the Asukafans to fanwank about. She punches cracks in super-reinforced glass, she rips off the top of a dummy-plug as if it was paper, and has a glowing eye-patch Angel eye. These are not coincidences.

This is blatant favoritism coming from the writers, and yes, it invalidates ALL of Rebuild as anything else than a pathetic and butthurt asukafag fanfiction.
>>
Does anyone actually understand EVA?
>>
>>153098701
I do
>>
>>153098316
Rewatch the show, Shinji wasn't interested in kaworu sexually meaning he's straight.
>>
>>153098701
Yes, Anno does.
Everything else is unconfirmed fanwank
>>
>>153098767
Answer my question:
Do you think Go Nagai was pandering with Ryo Asuka as well?

The type of relationship between Kaworu and Shinji is clear. It's a reference to another gay relationship in itself.
>>
>>153098701
Every one is fucked up
>>
>>153098588
>Ask people in the streets at random and they'll say "Ah, Rei is the best" most of the time. I mean, what do you base your accusations on?

I think you mean 'what the fuck is evangelion?'

most people aren't weeaboo nerds who watch old anime
>>
I wonder if the people who keep arguing are always the same 2-3 or if it's just that one delusional guy vs whoever is new and bothers to engage him
>>
File: 1421080648326.jpg (92KB, 632x348px) Image search: [Google]
1421080648326.jpg
92KB, 632x348px
I mean, come the fuck on. Anno is jealous as fuck about Rei's popularity.

He fucking changed Asuka's surname into a *nami name to match Rei's. Then he makes a new Lance for her. Then he gives her an eyepatch, he makes her a half angel or something, and he makes her actually being able to develop positively, things Asuka didn't have or was known for originally, but Rei was.

What's next? Asuka can generate strong AT fields? Can she fly?

Do you faggots really need to see a Giant Naked Asuka before you understand how fucked up this is? It's essentially admitting that original Asuka is shit and Rei is great.
>>
>>153098812
>It's a reference to another gay relationship
yeah riiiiight
Devilman isn't a yaoi,fujo
>>
>>153098846
>I think you mean 'what the fuck is evangelion?'

I think the obvious condition is that they know what Evangelion is, and can actually give an answer.
>>
>>153098588
But you're pretty much wrong again. I don't hate Rei fans and I certainly don't care if people like her. In fact, I like her too, I just try to see what's her actual intention is. I'm here to criticize how Reifags post their subjective arguments as objective truth and attack fans of other characters including Kaworu and Asuka. That's not the right thing to do. If you see something in her, as I said already, that's okay then, but don't try to use what you "see" as something that was originally intended and shown. Because it wasn't. It was what only you saw.
>>
>>153098922
Either is Evangelion, but they both portray homosexuality.
>>
>>153098911
No, it's admitting that people didn't understand that original Rei is shit (she's not, I'm just using your analogies) and Asuka is great and they need it to be shoved up their asses for them to understand.
>>
>>153098981
Nah only the androgynous faggots, the MCs are straight
>>
>>153098767
Uh-huh. Let's just ignore the fact that in the quote you kept spamming Anno confirmed there was sexual attraction too. It just wasn't the basis for their relationship, which is important considering what is revealed in EoE with Shinji's problems with women.
>>
>>153099082
They can't be straight, they kissed.
>>
File: 1421682040680.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1421682040680.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>153077850
cant stop

wont stop
>>
>>153098911
As for nami, he did it for all three girls to match the names of IJN Ayanami type destroyers. Anno's a military otaku. Every character is a ship like Krusenstern, except for Shinji.
>>
>>153099176
Kiss isn't gay itself only the motivation metters
>>
>>153099210
Only the females are named after ships.

Touji and Kaworu are named after characters in books, their last names have nothing to do with ships.
>>
I can understand not wanting to pilot the robot. He could die and all. But there's no excuse for not dicking the girls.
>>
>>153099089
The show proves it wrong, Anno just pandered to the fujoshi, he was joking all the time
>>
>>153098521
A bunch of stuff. I'm mostly a writer and usually, it's fiction in the form of actual books. Books are objectively boring when compared to all the many different ways we take in media today. But I feel like they're simple, to the point, and quite frankly, the format with the least amount of restrictions. As someone who wants to create video games, I'm sure you know what I mean.

I've also worked with story boarding teams for "televised" productions and I feel that this is by far the most restrictive medium. You can never really get as in depth with a single character as you'd like. For one, it's a hit and miss kind of trade. Two, you need to be aware of what's going on in the world. You have to be very careful not to offend contemporary audiences, and I've never been a very contemporary person. I'm very meticulous, cutthroat and sometimes, outlandish with my material.

That being said, I'd say there's a strong chance that my close friends (whom make up a small part of anyone's audience) will hit the nail on the head. But that's because they know me, the writer, personally.

With broader audiences, it's hard to say. I feel like everyone gets 3 quarters close to a full dollar if that makes any sense, but then instead of grabbing another quarter (maybe they just don't have one), they substitute with some other kind of change. I think that sort of thing happens a lot and quite frankly, I think that sort of thing can be very valuable.

As long as you're not trying to tear down the nature of someone's work, I think your interpretation as a member of the audience is valid and valuable. My biggest fear is arousing the concern of a feminist or some uptight, borderline psychotic parent. People who will look into a work and see wrongdoing, but attribute those wrongdoings to the author and not the character. That's when I feel like understanding author intention really matters.
>>
>>153099236
>Kiss isn't gay itself
Okay, now you're just trolling.

>>153099331
I don't see how the show proves me wrong, but okay.
>>
File: 1385289021356.gif (112KB, 628x609px) Image search: [Google]
1385289021356.gif
112KB, 628x609px
>>153099264
Shinji's last name means anchor

Kaworu's last name means seashore

Coincidence? I think not.
>>
>>153099366
It's just a special interview that panders to fujoshi, nothing stated in it can be proved canon by the show
>>
>>153098670
Okay, so these posts were satirical.
I feel bad for responding and following your responses for this long.
>>
File: egg_of_lilith_by_frogatr-dapsn9j.jpg (122KB, 1024x614px) Image search: [Google]
egg_of_lilith_by_frogatr-dapsn9j.jpg
122KB, 1024x614px
>>153098976
>But you're pretty much wrong again. I don't hate Rei fans and I certainly don't care if people like her. In fact, I like her too,

Not an argument bro. You're a definitive Rei hater and a fanfag, because you think canon Asuka/Kaworu are somehow attacks on Asuka/Kaworu. It's not subjective, it's objective. It's your subjective opinion thats under attack, because your subjective interpretation of the original characters are wrong.

If anything else was the case, you could prove the people you disagree with wrong. But you can't, and since you won't grow up, all you have left is lying about Rei to make up for the void in your own shallow fandom.
>>
>>153099447
>satire
You wish, that actually happened. Anno is just powering up his shallow and shitty Asuka waifu.
>>
>>153099436
This is a special level of denial.
I feel bad for people like this. You have such a better argument and such an easier time if, instead of desperately trying to omit the word of the author from canon, you just came out and said

"Yeah, well, so what? Even if it is true, it doesn't matter."

It's canon.
It's a true facet of both of the characters.
It just has no bearing on the actual plot.
>>
File: 54736311_p10.jpg (347KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
54736311_p10.jpg
347KB, 1200x1600px
>>153099436
But the homosexual love interest remark is in the film book. It was for all audiences.

Shinji says he loves Kaworu and blushes at him, these are typical reactions in any other romance show, not sure why it would be different here.
You can argue he's desperate, but the truth of the matter is many people are desperate and still fall in love. That doesn't mean their love isn't genuine.
Even in other Anime romance shows, the MC falls in love under desperate circumstances but no one questions his love.
You only question it because it's between two boys this time.

You haven't even attempted at making an argument against me so this is the last post you're getting.
You should step out of the closet sometime, anon.

Posting my favorite Eva character before I head off to bed, pic related.
>>
>>153099408
Right, because you never see an anchor on the seashore, anon
Much like you'll never see Kaworu and Shinji together :^)
>>
>>153099577
I know it happened.

>>153099460
Like I said, satire.
>>
File: eoe_fuyu.png (3MB, 1571x1039px) Image search: [Google]
eoe_fuyu.png
3MB, 1571x1039px
>>153099210
Which was no matter how you deny it, UNIQUE to Rei Ayanami, and he changed every other character to match her. The *nami series of destroyers, as you put it.

>>153099050
>No, it's admitting that people didn't understand that original Rei is shit (she's not, I'm just using your analogies) and Asuka is great and they need it to be shoved up their asses for them to understand.

Here's the problem with that: By changing who Rei and Asuka are, he can no longer prove that Rei is shit or that Asuka is great. In fact, he is proving the opposite, because to prove that Rei isn't great and that Asuka is, you need to use the originals.

Anyone can make a new "Asuka" that's shit, but it doesn't make the original one bad.
>>
>>153099605
The only thing that's canon is the show itself, shinji only stated he liked Kaworu that's it. He didn't try to kiss him like he tried with Asuka
>>
>>153098701
Jain. Love yourself, face your fear, don't be afraid to give your love to someone. You will never fully understand yourself or anyone else.
>>
>>153099651
You don't know what satire is then.
>>
>>153099640
You do when you need to escape the rough waters and get back to safety on shore :^)

It's at the end of your travels and journey at see. It's the ending, the conclusion, The OTP.
>>
>>153099408
Shinji is the audience surrogate and their anchor to the show. Kaworu is the seashore, and appears near the end of the series in the 24th episode. He's the signal that our long journey has come to an end, and by anchoring near the shore, we reach land.
>>
>>153098701
Everyone understand it in their own different ways.
>>
File: Shinji loves Kaworu.png (130KB, 603x407px) Image search: [Google]
Shinji loves Kaworu.png
130KB, 603x407px
>>153099682
>that's canon is the show itself
And in the show Shinji says he loves Kaworu and not Asuka. Canon.

Shinji being sexually attracted to Asuka is obvious and has a clear point in the story, but it doesn't negate from his feelings for Kaworu.

That's why he's bisexual.

>>153099724
>>153099736
Based anons.
>>
>>153099721
the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
synonyms: mockery, ridicule, derision, scorn, caricature;

If your posts aren't some backwards attempt at satire, then I feel bad for you.
>>
>>153099460
I don't really understand what you're saying.
The only one who's wrong here is you, since as I said already you're trying to present your subjective opinion as objective. If I have interpretations about characters, I would share them as interpretations not as objective truth. What you were doing is clearly assaulting Asuka and Kaworu fans with your so-called objective truths. So it's you who won't grow up and accept the fact that everything you say is only your personal vision and should be treated as such. I'm sorry, anon, but looks like you're hopeless.
>>
>>153099344
>My biggest fear is arousing the concern of a feminist or some uptight, borderline psychotic parent
Do you think they could actually kill you?

Why or why not?
>>
>>153099682
Come on, I think shipping is retarded but it's obvious Shinji had a thing for Kaworu.

In my opinion that just makes him more realistic.
A lot of guys going through puberty have homosexual moments. No need to be ashamed about it, it's normal.
>>
File: 1484089988373.jpg (4KB, 107x132px) Image search: [Google]
1484089988373.jpg
4KB, 107x132px
>>153084013
>Digibro
>>
>>153099724
So, it's pureescapism, the place where you can forget about the harsh reality of mighty sea and hide like a hopeless coward you are, instead of facing what you need to face, harsh seas, in orepder to reach port, rest and go on your journey again. Yeah, clear escapism.
>>
>>153096554
>story about god sent lamb
>episode about making wine in a wedding
Fucking anime cliches.
>>
>>153099806
Like I said, you don't know what satire is if you're trying to apply it to those posts. Here's what's going on:

You see theses posts. You don't like what they are saying. But you can't argue against them, because you know it's the truth. So to keep up the facade, you act smug about it.
>>
>>153099837
Anyone could kill anyone.
But, no, I'm not afraid of that. I just think those critics are annoying and the things that they say are frustrating. That thing is bad for an author. Also, the doubt they might instill in you is also unhealthy for your writing.
>>
>>153099678
Nope, now it's not Rei Ayanami, but Yui. Rei doesn't even have her own surname now.
>>
>>153099891
Not at all.
You can't stay out at sea forever. You have to come back to the shore eventually or you'll surely drown.

It means you're at the end of your journey, not that you're running away. It's the end point.
>>
>>153099816
>So it's you who won't grow up and accept the fact that everything you say is only your personal vision and should be treated as such.

Okay, so how do you reconcile that holier-than-thou attitude with being butthurt about what others interpretations are?
>>
>>153099935
Yep, Anno hates Rei all right. We know.
>>
>>153099924
You're absolutely right, I don't like what they're saying. I think they're a discredit to the argument that Rei represents the acceptance of reality and that Asuka does not and that's a discussion I was keen on having.
>>
>>153099793
He just isn't bisexual, only fujos believe that
>>
File: 1417613385842.jpg (86KB, 677x631px) Image search: [Google]
1417613385842.jpg
86KB, 677x631px
>>153099935
That's just proving the point.

Originally, there was Rei Ayanami, but in the rebuilds, Anno is actually adding the nami surname to other characters, including removing it from Rei. Man, Asukafans are so petty and pathetic.
>>
>>153100112
Yes, and Anno made it specifically on the things he learned about them, since he wants to understand women and their tastes. He reads too much romantic novels.
>>
>>153099929
>Anyone could kill anyone.
Maybe, but I think humans have troubles killing humans that they know think like them, even if it's a "mind-kill" like you're describing.

Me personally, would only really be worried about losing my job because of feminists and all that jazz. I'm not really too concerned about the stupid ramblings of insane women until they get really close to me, know what I'm saying?
>>
>>153100075
They're a great argument for it in fact.

The status quo as of NGE's and EOE's finish was with Rei as a character who accepted reality and confronted it, whereas Asuka rejected it and was punished for it. Hideaki Anno and Tsurumaki, dejected by this outcome decide to change the characters in order to represent them as the opposite, showing that Asuka and Asuka fans cannot avoid giving in to escapism.
>>
>>153100218
No, I don't.
>>
>>153100326
Ah, that's boring.
>>
>>153100294
You're a fucking disease.
>>
>>153100371
So why is it that you can't discuss Evangelion on an adult competent level, anon?
>>
>>153100188
It's just pandering that isn't canon case closed
>>
>>153100294
But Asuka didn't represent escapism in EoE, she came back from the sea of LCL clearly accepting the reality and maybe even Shinji and thus herself. Reifags are just delusional, that's why Anno hates you people, I don't blame him.
>>
>>153098976
>I don't hate Rei fans and I certainly don't care if people like her. In fact, I like her too,

I'm not a racist and my neighbour is black, buuuut
>>
>>153100484
Instrumentality isn't escapism and even if it is, Asuka and Shinji did not reject it in favor of "living in reality". Shinji is not doing anything noble in EoE, not by any measure. It's much more prevalent in the Japanese than it is in the English dub. The things he says he says out of spite, to hurt others. He leaves the sea of LCL and interrupts Instrumentality because he's fond of the idea of people being lonely again like him. He could not find acceptance in Instrumentality from others, or from himself.
>>
>>153100495
What is this, facebook?
>>
File: eva01.jpg (175KB, 700x578px) Image search: [Google]
eva01.jpg
175KB, 700x578px
Why didn't Anno include more shots of the Eva's without armor like Sadamoto did in the manga?
>>
>>153100618
That's not what TV says
>>
>>153100619
Stop responding to him; the dude is half-insane.
>>
>>153100294
Jesus, you don't quit.
>>
>>153100218
>I'm not really too concerned about the stupid ramblings of insane women until they get really close to me, know what I'm saying?
t. Shinji
>>
>>153100657
The television ending is pretty different to what's happening in EoE. The biggest difference is that Shinji learns to accept himself.
>>
File: Rei_Lilith_(EoE).png (196KB, 600x342px) Image search: [Google]
Rei_Lilith_(EoE).png
196KB, 600x342px
>>153100484
>But Asuka didn't represent escapism in EoE, she came back from the sea of LCL clearly accepting the reality and maybe even Shinji and thus herself.

She totally did, from start to end. Let's begin with the context:

- Asuka in NGE resorts to escapism and refuses to deal with reality.
- Asuka breaks down and becomes a catatonic wreck

This segment of the story represents the dangers of submitting to escapism, of being a frivolous Asuka fan.

- Asuka in NGE starts lying down (and ends lying down, actually)
- She has no will and cannot move

This segment of the story puts you, the otaku, in the shoes of Shinji as you jerk off to her without caring about her at all. SHe's just a doll to you, she is for you in that moment, the object of your escapism. EoE's message to you? "You're the worst".

- Asuka doesn't do a single thing on her own in EoE
She doesn't get into the EVA, she doesn't activate it by herself, and she doesn't save her own soul even.

So then we get to the later part, your argument: Asuka accepting the reality. Well did she really? The only way she "accepted reality" as by being saved from it by being put into a giant hugball, and narratively she never accepts reality at all because WE NEVER GET TO SEE HER DO IT. That's important, it's why we can say Shinji and Reia accepted reality, because we SEE THEM DO IT.

Asuka never takes a single footstep in the entirety of EoE. She is a plot device to show the dangers of escapism.
>>
>>153100718
>caring about 3DPD
Do you know where we are?
>>
File: 1467653087013.jpg (21KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
1467653087013.jpg
21KB, 225x350px
>>153100718
thank you

and then what do i think about next?
>>
>>153100729
He learns it in both
>>
>>153100666
Someone's gotta knock the delusional evafags back into the real world.
>>
>>153100738
I feel like this post is relevant to that though. >>153096647

End of Evangelion does nothing healthy for any character in it.
>>
>>153100763
He does not.
He's so violently against it that he lashes out against Asuka when she brings up his true nature.
>>
>>153100666
>Satan calling Jesus
>>
>>153100826
You're talking to the Reifag though; EoE is like the panacea
>>
File: 1416691587896.jpg (215KB, 857x1268px) Image search: [Google]
1416691587896.jpg
215KB, 857x1268px
>>153100826
>End of Evangelion does nothing healthy for any character in it.

I disagree, on the thematic level it's excellent. It's not a happy ending by any standard, but perhaps we should reconsider what a happy ending is? Before "happy endings", isn't it better to desire good endings?
>>
>>153100954
It's not a good ending though.
Shinji winds up a broken failure of a person who is ultimately too weak and insignificant to perform any action of lasting impact.

He can't even kill Asuka.

The sole reason he left Instrumentality was the reassurance that he and everyone else would be lonely. But he can't even commit to being lonely. He can't even take Asuka's life, despite everything that happened in Instrumentality.

Because she touched him on the fucking cheek.

It's pathetic and everyone knows it, Asuka knows it. It's not a good ending just because it's melancholy and in comparison to the original ending, it becomes much more shallow and hollow than it was originally.
>>
>>153087933
Rossiu did nothing wrong.
>>
>>153101188
>the reassurance that he and everyone else would be lonely
I don't understand where you people get this from
>>
File: 47145192_p0.jpg (312KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
47145192_p0.jpg
312KB, 675x900px
>>153101188
I wouldn't agree on shallow, but hollow? Maybe, it certain leaves a hollow feeling. But in terms of treating individual characters right, it definitely outdoes episode 26. It's not happy and does leave a feeling of loss and melancholy, just like how Shinji feels. Doesn't that fit?

I think that the principal characters were able to act for themselves and finalize their character arcs in a realistic way is the best thing EoE could have done. When I saw EoE, I felt that there was no other way this could really play out. After all the buildup, things fell into place, things were simply too screwed up for a happy ending.
>>
File: Unamused coach.gif (3MB, 465x336px) Image search: [Google]
Unamused coach.gif
3MB, 465x336px
>>153077482
How was he supposed to save Asuka with his Eva covered in red goo and no entry plug access?

Also nothing he could do about Misato being shot. Was he supposed to attack three armed guys with guns?
>>
>>153101188
You didn't get it. People outside of instrumentality would have the option to be lonely or try to be with other people, that was the whole point.
>>
>>153101337
The idea that Shinji gave people a choice of whether or not they could leave Instrumentality is a common misconception. That isn't true. Instrumentality was interrupted and its breaking down. It's not happening instantaneously, but it's definitely happening. Humans will go back to being the way they were, isolated behind their A.T. Fields, and the true connection garnered, understanding one another without misconception, that will no longer be available. At least, not to everyone. No, the vast majority of people will once again succumb to their fear of being hurt by others and so their connections with other people will be sparse and tentative.
>>
Shinji is heterosexual, anyone who believes otherwise is delusional
>>
>>153101477
Yes, but the fact that a vast majority of those people will try and FAIL to be with other people is what brings him comfort.
>>
>>153100618
Are you retarded? Jesus Christ, this is such an absolute delusion, kill yourself, my man
>>
ITT: retards who didn't get EoE's obvious message
Holy fuck, I thought Reifags can't go beyond the edge, but I was wrong, this is pointless.
>>
>>153100738
Dude. Asuka is fucking dead.
There is no coming back from the pounding those white pseudo-angels gave to her at the end.

She is literally a manifestation of Shinjis masturbatory need to never be alone.
All of that other stuff about her representing the otaku who fapped to her(no one fapped to her, she was mostly disliked in favor or Rei. They even had a fucking Rei day in japan for gods sake)

No, that's just my interpretation.
Asuka was there PRECISELY because Anno couldn't fuck Asuka's VA and had this weird hardcore as fuck crush on her.

I mean think about it. Rei was the face of the series in Japan. She was basically it when it came to the series. Why would he have shinji jacking off over asuka instead of her?
Rei spends most of her time in various comas and she's the first pair of tits he's ever seen and since Rei is the one the otaku freak class was jacking themselves retarded over, it makes perfect sense.
>>
>>153101775
Don't cry. Show us where Evangelion touched you. Don't blame it on the innocent Rei fans.
>>
File: 39996255685836800_f6rk_d.jpg (71KB, 509x720px) Image search: [Google]
39996255685836800_f6rk_d.jpg
71KB, 509x720px
>>153101801
>I mean think about it. Rei was the face of the series in Japan. She was basically it when it came to the series. Why would he have shinji jacking off over asuka instead of her?

Precisely because of that. Rei was popular in Japan. Asuka was popular among otaku. That is still the case today.
>>
>>153092691
sauce?
>>
>>153101801
>this faggot again
Remember Rei gets tentacle reiped and cries tears of joy.
>>
File: 1486166647503.jpg (637KB, 1175x1485px) Image search: [Google]
1486166647503.jpg
637KB, 1175x1485px
>>153101883
>otaku liked Asuka
Anno thinks otherwise (right side of pic)
>>
>>153101508
You're talking as if the show ever painted instrumentality as anything other than suicide (or total genocide, depending on how you look at it). It's objectively bad and breaking it is unambiguously happy.
>>
>>153081048
Are you fucking retarded? People don't do this even now.

People could come together for the greater good, but they usually don't. And when they do, it's rarely out of a sense of inherent empathy, but because of some religious prodding or social virtue-signaling.
>>
>>153101973
Where? no where in that picture.
>>
>>153102021
>suicide is bad
Want to know how I know you're a normalfag?
>>
>>153102124
Then stop bringing everyone in this board down with you and just do it. Happy end for everyone.
>>
>>153101568
>people will try and FAIL to be with other people is what brings him comfort
Compete bullshit. Get better subs.
>>
>>153102253
>implying I want to please normalfags
Back to plebbit with you.
>>
>>153101883
No, stupid.
They DESPERATELY tried to save Asuka with the Otaku by twisting the meaning of Tsunder so badly that it eternally tainted the fucking concept for generations.

It still mostly fucking failed.

>>153101944
Okay...whatever.
>>
>>153102373
>...
>capslock
Yeah, no, fuck off.
>>
I think Eva requires a certain degree of selv awareness and introspectation to "get". This is a tall order for a lot of people, but I guess ignorance can be bliss.
>>
>>153101973
>Asuka
>Strong woman
>Not a weak, utterly fucking useless irredeemable cunt and the WORST choice for a third child

Litterally ANY of the other students in Shinji and Asuka's school would have been better. Any of them.

She is there not because she is the best of the best or a good choice. But because she's moderately better then nothing.
And the way she fucked up more then a few times and made things fucking worse they actually SHOULD have just went with shinji and rei only.
Real talk.
>>
>>153102069
And personal responsibility and to you know...NOT FUCKING DIE but whatever.
>>
>>153101973
So let me get this straight:

Anno says "Japan", as in all of Japan likes Rei and it's the overwhelming favorite. But if ONE room, chock full of otaku at an otaku anime convention likes Misato, you somehow think this is proof that otaku don't like Asuka?

Where is the logic in that?

>>153101801
>They even had a fucking Rei day in japan for gods sake)
Wait, what? Source, right now.
>>
>>153102021
Instrumentality was just a different mode of existence imo. Protected from pain and loneliness, but then the moments when you're together don't mean as much.
>>
In the television ending, when Shinji has his epiphany that he wants to live, and that it's worth being himself, this force of personality literally radiates out from him and redefines his experiential world as it passes.

In End of Evangelion, we end with a story about a bleak failure of a human being confronted with challenges that he was not prepared for, could not cope with and was ultimately crushed by. He is marginally aware of his own immaturity, emotionally, physically and sexually.

In the end he is consumed by them, and he chooses to isolate himself from everyone else.

When presented with what is ostensibly the object of his desire (Asuka), he tries to fucking destroy it, because he's an irredeemable ruined husk of a human being.
>>
>>153102866
>protected
>you
>together
'you' become a literal cell of a god. there is no existence nor individual consciousness if instrumentality is completed. the concept of it isn't particularly new or exclusive to media either.
>>
>>153102729
Most people would just hope that something else would come along to fix shit, like they do now.
>>
>>153102917
now THIS:
>When presented with what is ostensibly the object of his desire (Asuka), he tries to fucking destroy it, because he's an irredeemable ruined husk of a human being.

is butthurt Asukafag thought.
>>
>>153103017
Hey, I think Asuka is a total piece of shit too, I'm just saying Shinji in EoE isn't a great guy. He IS a bit of a pussy.
>>
>>153102765
see
>>153101883
This was a real thing.

Misato is loved by most Americans, Rei loved by Japan, Asuka is obviously loved by Anno and Anno alone.. Mainly because she represents something personal to him.
>>
>>153102998
Self realization and trying to fix things or make it better is quickly beaten out of all new generations.

Just take a look at Japanese media for instance. Enforced class systems and worship of retards who're just born into them.
>>
>>153102997
> there is no existence nor individual consciousness if instrumentality is completed
They could still think in the end, couldn't they? They just have a bunch of thoughts and feelings which aren't theirs as well.

>the concept of it isn't particularly new or exclusive to media either.
The concept is a pretty vague/cryptic one though.
>>
I really don't understand how anyone COULD like Asuka. She's abrasive and kind of vile.

I know women have problems just like anybody else and that some of those are hard for men to understand.
But really.
REALLY?
>>
>>153102997
Eh, Morrowind did instrumentality better with Numidium and the secret of the Dwarves.
>>
>>153103224
She's possessive, that was pretty cute.

Also some people like arguing.
>>
>>153103268
But if she's possessive, then she's also a hypocrite which just makes it harder to stomach her.
>>
>>153103125
>Misato is loved by most Americans,
Look, the only source for that is that one room full of otaku liked Misato the most.

How is that supposed to be evidence that most Americans love Misato?
>>
>>153103335
I think she probably could have settled down if she found someone who would only pay attention to her, but she never really did.
>>
>>153103224
People like Asuka because she's the directors favorite. That means guaranteed tsundere pandering. It's the character for weak people.
>>
>there are people who think Shinji refuses to be with people and isolates himself in EoE
Now this theory is quickly destroyed by Shinji's own words: "My emotions were real, I want to see them again"
>there are people who think EoE's message isn't positive
It clearly is, it just reminds you with grim tones that life still isn't always lovely and affectionate cheek caresses, but also kimochi waruis sometimes.
It's amazing how poor Anno desperately tries to remind people that it's all just fantasy with, a dream, which is a part of reality that you should accept through live action scenes and to remind them that he still believes in them and has hope for them through Shinji and Asuka's decision and Kaworu and Rei's monologues. He did good about slamming his cock on it all and just making money. He finally understood that those people are hopeless
>>
>>153103125
That's a real thing, but it's not a "Rei day" or anything. It's Japan's Ministry of Culture fronting Rei.

man, anno must be so sore about that
>>
>>153075894
What do you mean, "mock" the mecha genre? Not wanting to get in the robot has been around since Bright slapped Amuro. Shinji isn't the first to auffer mental issues from fighting in the robot.
>>
>>153103224
Asuka is not a bad person. In fact, none of the kids are. They all care about each other but still have too many problems with themselves. Asuka cares about Shinji, visits him in the hospital and blushes, invites Rei to a party and later takes her to ramen stand so she can have vegetarian meal. Shinji rescues Rei, saves Asuka from volcano, Rei tries to give advice to Asuka, but Asuka is already desperate at the moment, since Eva abandoned her and Shinji didn't try to reach out to her due to his problems etc. They all just want to be loved and are afraid to be abandoned and rejected. It's understandable and I can relate to them. They are all delicate hearts. I say, I love them.
>>
>>153103548
>Now this theory is quickly destroyed by Shinji's own words: "My emotions were real, I want to see them again"

Just because Shinji's saying something doesn't mean its true or congruent with his actions. I mean, Asuka said it. Anyone'll do.
>>
>>153103743
Shinji doesn't care about Asuka.
He masturbated to completion over her comatose body. He doesn't need her. This is outright stated and reinforced in EoE.

Did you watch it in English or in Japanese?
>>
>>153103202
>they could still think
No, "it all returns to nothing". Instrumentality is nothingness and emptiness. What makes you yourself is thoroughly explained in episode 26.
>>
>>153103825
Did you read what I said? They all are too deep into their problems in the later episodes. Shinji is desperate and suicidal and he needs to fix himself first. It's a hard theme that's explained through concepts of loving yourself and being able to love others, see episode 26.
>>
>>153075717
>why people call Shinji a pussy

GIANT
FUCKING
ROBOT
>>
File: 5.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>153077880
Nah, AU Simon would have been Kamina. The Simon we got was a middle ground.
>>
It's amazing how retarded Eva's fanbase is
>>
>>153103855
>No, "it all returns to nothing". Instrumentality is nothingness and emptiness
It's not literally nothing though.

>What makes you yourself is thoroughly explained in episode 26.
You can still be not you while not ceasing to think.
>>
>>153103017
Never been depressed or angry enough to lash out at people you care for, or even total strangers?
>>
>>153103743
Asuka is a bitch, Rei is a saint, Shinji is a good guy. Canon.
>>
>>153092644
Why is she in a washing machine?
>>
>>153103935
He. Does. Not. CARE. About her.
It might very well be the case that, yes, should he overcome his issues, he could extend genuine care towards Asuka.
But he doesn't do that in EoE.
He does not care about her in EoE.
>>
>>153104079
>or even total strangers
I don't get people who do this. Sure I've lashed out at people close to me before, but only if they had something to do with why I was angry. If they didn't, or if they're strangers, then I would never take it out on them. Why would I? I actually find it amazing that there are people so weak willed that they have to vent their anger at people who did nothing wrong.
If I'm so angry that I don't feel like I can be courteous, then I'll calmly tell that person that I am upset about something else and don't want to interact with them at the moment. It's that simple.
>>
>>153104753
You're literally Shinji
>>
>>153104144
>Canon
More like butthurt.
>>
>>153105081
Yes, Asukafags tend to be butthurt.
>>
File: IMG_0003.jpg (233KB, 560x577px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0003.jpg
233KB, 560x577px
>tfw Asuka is such a best girl reifags can't stop thei buttfire and have to fight every day in desperate attempts to prove everyone they love their waifu
Feels good to love best girl
>>
>>153105019
Nah, he's better than Shinji.
Shinji would just outright avoid them instead of saying, "I'm not in the mood,"
>>
>>153097557
>Here's the problem with that, you are nobody. You aren't Anno. So when you say "Anno intended this, or that" without any real basis, you're just resorting to an authority fallacy to support your own interpretation
>In Evangelion, Rei is objectively better than Asuka

And here's your problem.
>>
File: 1470460691258.jpg (67KB, 706x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470460691258.jpg
67KB, 706x720px
>>153084013
>Digibro
Please refrain from posting that faggot here
>>
>>153105427
What's wrong with him? He got things about Eva's direction and structure pretty accurate
>>
>>153105427
Whats wrong with Digibro.
>>
>>153105384
Don't see any problem.
>>
>>153105427
Atleast its not gigguk
>>
>>153105798
He's saying you're a retarded hypocrite, anon
That's the problem
>>
>>153105860
If you can't even name the problem and where the problem is, then you're just a butthurt faggot.
>>
>>153105859
It's just you.
>>
File: 1429565492061.jpg (96KB, 713x674px) Image search: [Google]
1429565492061.jpg
96KB, 713x674px
>newfags unironically defending youtube e-personality bullshit
I told you we needed to enact scorched earth policy.
>>
>>153105921
But I already stated the problem, anon. If you don't understand it, the best way for you is to kill yourself. Best wishes, anon
>>
>>153106119
Ah. So there was no problem. Enjoy your butthurt.
>>
>>153105983
>e-personality
We are "defending" a decent video on Evangelion, which actually has explanation on some of the show's aspects
Stop posting in favor of posting, anon. Nobody cares how "old" you are. Sorry.
>>
>>153106169
>being this in denial
I'm so sorry, anon. Better kill yourself asap, until you harm someone else
>>
>>153106194
>we
No.
>>
>>153106244
Keep that butthurt coming, I feast on it.
>>
>>153106246
>No.
Nah.
>>
>>153106288
Why didn't you do it yet? You wanna talk about it?
>>
File: 51755797_p0.jpg (1MB, 2471x2647px) Image search: [Google]
51755797_p0.jpg
1MB, 2471x2647px
>>153093422
>>
>>153106340
More tears, please.
>>
>>153106424
What tears, anon? You're unpleasant, I though you'll off yourself, but you continue refusing, boring
>>
>>153106605
Don't stop the music.
>>
>>153106194
Fuck off and lurk for two years before posting.
>>
>>153078830
she's a good character in the sense that her role in the story is very impactful, and her personality is well-developed and explored

she's shit in the sense that if i knew someone with a similar personality as hers irl i'd probably just consider them a cunt
>>
File: itoshiki throwing salt.jpg (156KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
itoshiki throwing salt.jpg
156KB, 704x400px
>>153106366
I know eva's like the treasure island of weird porn, but this is just uncanny.
>>
File: 52027412_p4_master1200.jpg (494KB, 770x1200px) Image search: [Google]
52027412_p4_master1200.jpg
494KB, 770x1200px
>>153106837
>I know eva's like the treasure island of weird porn, but this is just uncanny.
>nsfw
>>
>>153106686
If you knew her, you'd spend all of your time with her.
>>
>>153107037
What is even going on here? Are they merging? Are his genitals mutilated? Where does the arm go?
>>
>>153107076
The fuck kind of thirsty masochistic bitch are you?
>>
File: 52027412_p3_master1200.jpg (274KB, 727x847px) Image search: [Google]
52027412_p3_master1200.jpg
274KB, 727x847px
>>153107194
they are forming between solid and LCL states.

note that the ground is lcl. also she's biting him
>>
>>153107210
She's my type, it can't be helped.
>>
>>153107076
This. If you actually care about her and show her kindness while also standing on your own feet she would be good to you. Asuka has a delicate heart, like Shinji.
>>
>>153107300
Funny thing, the video I was watching for 30 mins said the exact same thing you typed at the same time, about forming consciousness and going from one (higher) state to another. Also something how the material world is the state of desire. I had to pause cause it got uncanny.
>>
>>153107037
>>153107300
so sort of ripping off this?
>>
File: 52027412_p2_master1200.jpg (154KB, 718x803px) Image search: [Google]
52027412_p2_master1200.jpg
154KB, 718x803px
>>153107576
>so sort of ripping off this?
Yes.

if you want to see more of the artist's work, then here's the link to the pivix accoun.
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=14651246
>>
>>153107679
>guro
Might as well be ARK, faggot.
>>
>>153107679
I'll check it out. It makes more sense now that I know what it's supposed to be.
>>
File: 52701735_p2_master1200.jpg (228KB, 750x1131px) Image search: [Google]
52701735_p2_master1200.jpg
228KB, 750x1131px
>>153107576
>>153107679
to add to that i love his work
>>153107763
>guro
not really
>>
>>153107833
So in addition to being unable to save images properly you're blind?
>>
File: 50715247_p0.jpg (510KB, 900x1447px) Image search: [Google]
50715247_p0.jpg
510KB, 900x1447px
>>153107875
yeah,
mind to inform me.
>>
File: 59936958_p0.jpg (3MB, 2300x3466px) Image search: [Google]
59936958_p0.jpg
3MB, 2300x3466px
>>153107763
Believe it or not, other people also like this guy's style. It's also mostly not guro; just kind of sketchy and dirty.
>>
File: 51136007_p0_master1200.jpg (273KB, 416x1200px) Image search: [Google]
51136007_p0_master1200.jpg
273KB, 416x1200px
>>153107958
I describe it as "worn out"
>>
>>153107909
It's literally left clicking the top left of the arrow so you have a larger resolution pictured that doesnt have "_master1200.jpg"

>>153107958
It's not the style, but you have to be blind to miss the face picture which the faggot got the idea from the unused storyboards.
>>
File: 55212689_p0.jpg (460KB, 752x1019px) Image search: [Google]
55212689_p0.jpg
460KB, 752x1019px
>>153107994
That's a good way to describe it.

>>153108002
That's why I said mostly.
>>
File: 51391363_p0.jpg (655KB, 1200x1065px) Image search: [Google]
51391363_p0.jpg
655KB, 1200x1065px
>>153108002
so it should be like this >>153107909
right?
>>
>>153108153
Thumbnail looks like a bleeding, hairy vagina and anus.
>>
>>153107076
>you'd spend all of your time with her

I'd spend all my time in her, if you catch my drift
>>
>>153108217
Congratulations, you're not a complete retard.
>>
>>153108264
thanks senpai
>>
File: 1468226332386.png (332KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1468226332386.png
332KB, 720x540px
>>153108320
No I feel bad for even telling you how to do that.

>thanks senpai
Are you fucking kidding me? Did i just walk into some fucking hip forum where all the trendy teenyboppers go? What's next? Le fucking harambe face xD? You piece of garbage. Go back to plebbit.
>>
>>153095726
You make Rei's character arc sound a lot more interesting and significant than it really is
>>
>>153108412
have a nice day.
>>
>>153108490
It really is that interesting though.
>>
>>153108516
I won't.
>>
>>153107346
There are less fucked up and far more likeable girls out there who also have delicate hearts.

Men across social, religious, political, and even racial lines for all of history knows four things when it comes to women.
And these three things are repeated throught all of history.

1.Don't stick your dick in crazy.
2.No matter how fine she is some dude somewhere is sick of her shit.
3.You can't make a ho into a housewife
4.Don't, under any circumstances, dick a dyke. Being that guy that fucked a dyke bowlegged is not who you want to be.Trust me.

Asuka ticks off first three. And unless you are a seriously hard up masochist who's just fucked up and fallen for a woman who's broken in every single way possible then...go ahead. Be captain save a crazy ho.
>>
Please need the image
"Old mecha pilot/shinji/pussy pilot"
>>
>>153102866
it meant all of humanity becoming a single consciousness

a single consciousness with no other company

basically THE most lonely existence possible
>>
>>153108563
It doesn't do much in the lieu of asking a question, nor does it say much all too profound.
>>
End of Evangelion or EP 25 & 26?
>>
>>153108715
Asuka isn't a ho
>>
>>153108925
Unconsiousness.
There is no "I" to experience it and no senses to take input from. The self would erode very fast judging by what's in the movie. So in the best possible scenario it would be like endless sleep paralysis. The worst case and the things in between wouldn't even be describable with words.
>>
>>153109034
Hm, what do you mean?
>>
has anybody ever tried to edit together EoE and the original 25 + 26? what about those two *plus* death(true)2?
>>
>>153109266
Yes, and it's terrible.
>>
>>153109156
so why did anybody want that in the first place, if it's as much of an eldritch horror as you describe it? SEELE wanted themselves to be absorbed into it, why would they want that if it was Hellraiser-tier mindbreaking torture?
>>
>>153109266
There is no reason in the world to tamper with Anno's editing.
>>
>>153109253
I never saw anything in Rei's character arc that spoke to me as anything that asked a sincere question about life, and I never saw anything in Rei's character arc that worked toward answering some other question about life. To me she's more "there" than anything, for Shinji's sake, much like Kaworu.
>>
>>153075717
A meme propagated by normalfags and bitter losers, the same people who bitch about everything in anime.
>>
>>153109111
>replying to a retard
>>
>>153104662
He clearly does though. Remember his reaction when he sees that she's been torn apart?
>>
>>153109111
She'll fuck any older guy who'll smile at her and give her positive attention.
>>
>>153109376
Aha, I see what you meant now. Well, maybe you should just jog it up to poor memory?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZIHOHHA5vA
>>
>>153109355
dude whoa
>>
>>153078830
She's an alright character but a shitty person. People can pity her all they want, some of the shit she does is outrageous.
>>153078866
No, he said Westerners have a taste of girls with 'stronger' personalities than Japanese. Anno is a little nerd and gets nervous around children so he (and most everyone here) is one to talk. And Asuka's not strong, it's just a front.
>>
>>153109492
How many times have you posted in this thread?
>>
>>153109572
>mfw SEELE are just a bunch of rich old guys trying to force their weird kink on the rest of the planet
>>
>>153109633
Pretty much every butthurt Reifag post, I imagine.
>>
>>153109355
Because they didn't know what they were getting or wishing for. Also they planned to retain some semblance of self and become like the brain cells in the thing.
If the above sounds like torture, consider this. In seele's original plan there was no coming back.
>>
>>153109702
But I want a number, I want to know what desperation looks like
>>
File: 55407884_p13_master1200.jpg (332KB, 1200x819px) Image search: [Google]
55407884_p13_master1200.jpg
332KB, 1200x819px
>>153109670
>mfw SEELE are just a bunch of rich old guys trying to force their weird kink on the rest of the planet
>>
>>153109768
oy vey.

please tell me there's a before image
>>
>>153075717
Yeah, if someone, Asuka's a total pussy
>>
>>153109993
sadly I don't think so. I got it from here

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=55407884
>>
>>153110164
Yeah, I searched for it myself, didn't find it. Too bad.
>>
>>153105983

Maybe the video was posted because its contents are good? Or haven't you considered that?
>>
>>153111298
Maybe you're a fucking newfag.
>>
>>153109093
watch both

I think EoE then Episodes 25/26
Thread posts: 506
Thread images: 93

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.