[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've been watching Hunter X Hunter for the first time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1497.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1497.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
So I've been watching Hunter X Hunter for the first time these last few days, and I got to this part where they play the tape Gon's dad left for him. Is it just me or did it bother anyone else that he just totally dismisses the stuff about his mom?

I mean I get his reasoning, he loves his aunt and she raised him, and his mother just wasn't there for him. But shit, what if that message about his mom was like "hey your mom died giving birth to you and she just wanted you to know that she loved you" or something. Now I suspect that he didn't have a lot of nice things to say about her given the context of the few comments made about her but still.

I know this is a very minor point and I'm thinking way, way too much about it, but I just can't shake the feeling that it's just kinda fucked up. Shit, Ging wasn't there for him either and Gon wants to know about him even when the guy says "do not find me, I don't want to see you". What, would he give a shit if she'd been a hunter?
>>
>>153073665
>what if that message about his mom was like "hey your mom died giving birth to you and she just wanted you to know that she loved you"
Then Gin wouldn't have prefaced it like that.
>>
>>153073733

Yeah, and ultimately I agree. I suspect that had they let the tape play the message would have boiled down to: "your mom was some girl I impregnated, she pretty much gave you up and told us to get the fuck out of her life". Once again just based off the context of how they mention her.

Still, I would have liked to know. Though I guess there's something to be said about leaving some mysteries unanswered.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.