[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Fairy Tail the only mainstream battle shounen that never had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: images (3).jpg (37KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
37KB, 443x332px
Is Fairy Tail the only mainstream battle shounen that never had a single story arc that was actually decent? I mean, even Naruto and Bleach had at least one or two arcs that were actually great even If the rest of the series was utter shit, hell even KHR wasnt half-bad during the mukuro arc and the varia arc.
>>
>>153009844
Yes. Shit like fairy tail makes me understand anime was a mistake after all
>>
>>153009844
The fairy tail festival (with Laxus) was fine, can't think of a single bullshit in it if anything, it was surprisingly well done.
>>
>>153009844
I dropped FT at the end of Tower of Whatever (Erza' past) arc, since I heard this shit was supposed to be one of the best arcs.
That said I still think that Garuna Island was pretty decent arc. Gray was both awesome and funny, Erza was cute, the rest of them were at least tolerable. The twists with the demon being dead and the dead being demons were both pretty surprisng and actually fitting and clever ways of resolving the main issues.
Obviously, it doen't compare to, say, Soul Society, Land of Waves, Saiyan Invasion or Alabasta, but it was decent nonetheless.
>>
>>153010401
>can't think of a single bullshit in it if anything
Laxus complete change in character after getting punched a lot was really retarded.
>>
>>153009903
Isn't that the arc where Gray is defeated by that guy with the gay doll magic and Laxus's Fairy Law doesn't work because he didn't saw the rest of the guild as enemies? For me that was the arc that became obvious that Mashima was a shit tier mangaka and FT was doomed to be shit forever.
>>
No, it's not, but at least I enjoy how often Lucy gets lewded in the series.
>>
File: lewd.png (954KB, 750x1334px)
lewd.png
954KB, 750x1334px
In it for the lewd
>>
>>153009844
D. Gray-Man?
>>
>>153014205
D.grayman had a few cool moments tho. I still remember watching the Krory arc and being genuinely sad. Also when the cardfag absolutly destroys Allen.
>>
File: christmas party.gif (2MB, 540x300px)
christmas party.gif
2MB, 540x300px
It doesn't need good battle arcs.

It has lewd girls doing lewd things, sometimes while wearing cat ears.
>>
>loved FT
>watched until Tenrou Island
>drop and read manga
>read until Grays dad died
>drop it
>decide to pick it up around the latest ch
>drop permanetly
Fucking Mashimas bs.
>>
>>153011179

Yeah but that was after the fact
>>
>>153009844
Tartaros was shaping up to be the best and then because she's Erza happened and it all went downhill from there.
>>
>>153009844
These kind of stretch the definition of battle shonen, but I'd say Mirai Nikki and Sword Art Online were pretty bad from start to finish.
>>
>>153009844
Fairy Tail is fun because it doesn't take itself seriously.
>>
you forget about gintama, it has some amazing story arcs (and the filler is better than most story arcs of other shonens)
>>
Try belzebub. What a fucking piece of trash. And Hitman reborn too. But you're right, Fairy Tail is the ultimate king of shit. Nothing redeeming at all, not even the supposed lewd. Even a single panel is enough to make me retch. But it is very useful as a filter
>>
>>153014932
Gintama works the best as comedy manga but gorilla thought to himself, "I can make drama too" and disappear up his own ass
>>
>>153015696
Have you not seen the Mitsuba arc. It's probably one of the best arcs in the series.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.