[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on When Marnie Was There? At first I wasn't liking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Thoughts on When Marnie Was There?

At first I wasn't liking the film, it was kind of a slow burn. But after completing it I felt like watching it again but now with all the twists in mind. It was actually a good movie.

I wonder if marnie was a ghost or an illusion of anna's - a memory of the storys marnie told her as a child. I really felt sorry for marnie at the end but was happy that she was able to help anna even after death. I guess she kept her promise.

I feel like it was a good ending point for Ghibli. Although I wish there were more ghibli films, it's best to go out on a high point I guess.
>>
>>152971361
Best lesbian movie that has no lesbians in it.
>>
>>152971361
It was good. Understated, but good.
>>
>>152972525
People said this kind of stuff when the movie came out I remember. It made me think it was some sort of yuri bait movie. But it turned out to be nothing like that
>>
Is the dub good?
>>
>>152971361
>I wonder if marnie was a ghost or an illusion of anna's - a memory of the storys marnie told her as a child.

Neither. She was an actress hired by Sayaka to bait the new neighbour into sexytimes. She got the character from the diaries left in her room.
>>
>>152974886
fine I thought
>>
>>152971361
2deep4me, but in a good way
>>
>>152971361
Yeah I liked it a lot and it's a slow burn for sure. I think the ending was good and it sort of ignited some of the latent emotions from earlier in the film. I think some people may get bored towards the end and mentally log off during the barn scene. What really ties everything together was the ending.
Personally I think it was mostly an effect of Anna's faint memories coming to life due to witnessing the places where Marnie lived. A bit like the kamikakushi effect. Like she was in a trance state and all that.
>>
>>152971361
The ending song killed me, really underrated
>>
>>152977204
yeah it was great. really fit the movie
>>
>>152971361
It's my favorite Ghibli movie.
Seeing the FeMC slowly grow up and watching her interact with Marnie was really heartwarming. Then the twist at the end made me bawl like a bitch.
>>
>>152977204
I've listened to it a number of times since seeing the movie, I enjoy it a lot.
>>
>>152971361
>Thoughts on Memories of Marnie?
Fixed that for you.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.