[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone please tell me what the FUCK did I just watch? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

Can someone please tell me what the FUCK did I just watch?
I thought it was supposed to explain the ending
>what was SEELE's orignal plan?
>what was Gendo's plan?
>was it Shinji that created the primordial soup all over the world or was it always going to happen anyway because Rei fused with Adam ?
>did he revert it at the end or is everyone still a single consiousness?
>why only he and Asuka are alive at the end?
>why does he strangle her again and stop?
>why are they saying that he will live forever in the Eva in space, while he is on Earth?
>>
File: 1370818806256.png (113KB, 293x300px) Image search: [Google]
1370818806256.png
113KB, 293x300px
>>152948013
>it's another "what the fuck did I just watch" EVA thread

Can't you faggots just go back to r/eddit already?
>>
>>152948013
>Can someone please tell me what the FUCK did I just watch?
It's called End of Evangelion
>I thought it was supposed to explain the ending
We lied
>what was SEELE's orignal plan?
take humanity into a new plane of existence
>what was Gendo's plan?
bring back his wife
>was it Shinji that created the primordial soup all over the world or was it always going to happen anyway because Rei fused with Adam ?
It was because Rei fused with Adam
>did he revert it at the end or is everyone still a single consiousness?
He left it up to each person to decide.
>why only he and Asuka are alive at the end?
Because they decided to leave instrumentality and go back to reality, it's up in the air if anyone else will
>why does he strangle her again and stop?
he wanted to establish he really was back in the real world, one were pain was real again... venting out the frustration of having gone through the world's shittiest day might have played a part too.
>why are they saying that he will live forever in the Eva in space, while he is on Earth?
It's not what was said, Yui said SHE will live forever as a memorial for humanity's existence everyone else other than Rei is still on earth.
>>
>>152948013
Seele's plan was to start Instrumentality and jumpstart human evolution by making it so nobody would feel the pain of being rejected by others, feeling sad, etc. Gendo wanted to bring about Instrumentality to be reunited with his deceased wife Yui. The Rei/Lilith/Adam hybrid flooded the world with LCL. Shinji and Asuka returned to the real world because they decided they wanted to face the pain of the real world in order to have a real experience. It is ambiguous whether or not others will return. Shinji's strangling of Asuka is also debated, but it could be either to make sure he was in the real world, or take out his frustrations toward Asuka like another anon said. And then Yui/ Eva Unit 01 wanted to be in space as a memorial of humanity's existence, because the series has a consistent theme of leaving an impression on the world and "mattering" to the rest of the universe.
>>
File: 1359062908039.jpg (1MB, 657x3213px) Image search: [Google]
1359062908039.jpg
1MB, 657x3213px
>>152948013
>>
>>152950566
what a clusterfuck
>>
>>152950566
wow, this really is too deep for me...
>>
>>152950566
this seems like sterotypical convoluted anime bullshit now, but how much of this did eva set trends for? is it just another case of "seinfeld is unfunny"?
>>
>>152950566
The end in particular is so stupid, so much planing by all parties involved to just fuck it up in literally the worst way possible. Kinda funny how much it shows that Anno was struggling to deal with the popularity the show gained.
>>
>>152948013
>live forever in the Eva
Why are you so stupid?
They were talking about the robot itself.
It will not degrade.
It's a testament that we existed.
Humans created something that will survive the end of the sun,until the end of the Universe.
>>
>>152951489
>>152951955
i mean listen guys

This is exactly the reason why half of this information is not really noticable or even in the original series

Anno didnt want it to be about this dense and extremley complicated material.

if you watched evangelion and the only important thing to you is still
>what are evas
>who was the evangelion
>is seele the illuninati
>what the fuck are angels even made of like, what material of they conisted of like what the fuck

You have missed the whole point of eva, and you should probably re-watch and rather look closer at the characters, their interactions, and especially how shinji evolves over the course of the series, especially in end of eva
>>
File: 1485835985808.jpg (21KB, 405x266px) Image search: [Google]
1485835985808.jpg
21KB, 405x266px
>>
>>152952203
I like the series as it is, I'm just saying that there was so much potential in the backstory and they just never gave it a chance, deciding instead to delve fully into shinji.
>>
>>152952512
Cont: What I mean is, couldn't it have been better to see Shinji's reaction to HIP had he known both sides of the story?
>>
>>152952203
true, but nothing prevents you from looking at eva from all angles, plus for some people it might be easier to get a hold of what the plot is in order to come to grips with all the character stuff was about.
>>
>>152948013
They ran out of budget and ideas
>>
File: sure.png (8KB, 84x86px) Image search: [Google]
sure.png
8KB, 84x86px
Congratulations!
>>
>>152952630
Not for EoE, and regardless Anno planned out the ending before the beginning as he did with TWNG, he just didn't have the time or budget to execute it in the Tv series
>>
>>152952203
>don't want the story to be about stupid convoluted BS
>make it about stupid convoluted BS
>"reee why are people paying attention to the stupid convoluted BS?"
>>
>>152952733
It's a story of depression inside a coming of age story inside a post-apocalyptic mecha story. People can read as deeply and interpret as freely as they want, if you want to focus on the set dressing, go ahead.
>>
File: 1378872769433.jpg (663KB, 1200x882px) Image search: [Google]
1378872769433.jpg
663KB, 1200x882px
>>152950566
This answered about a million questions, thanks.

>also, dem dubs
>>
>>152952983
The fact that it's got so much going on is one of the things I can appreciate about it.

The rebuilds seem to focus more on action and the original series more on the relationships/personal traumas individual characters face in regards to what's going on. The original series is like watching a war movie that doesn't focus so much on explosions and fighting as it does on how the war effects people. The rebuilds seem a bit more focused on the war and action. I can appreciate both, because they're extensions of the Eva universe.

>3.0+1.0 when...
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.