[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finished today Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road, I know that New Generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 33cw1ly.png (388KB, 587x330px) Image search: [Google]
33cw1ly.png
388KB, 587x330px
Finished today Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road, I know that New Generation already have 4 episodes, but I haven't touched it yet.

Seriously, I wonder, how on Earth, Yowamushi Pedal have such a good opinions on myanimelist, on anime-planet, and generally around?

It was such a tedious series, there were episodes, where they managed to drive less than 300 meters for the whole episode. Mostly because they were flashbacking constantly, which itself isn't that bad, unless you are flashbacking to the previous episode, or what is worse, to the scene that was in the same fucking episode, just 10 minutes earlier. It was so stretched in time, that I wonder how disappointed could someone feel, when after waiting a whole week for a new episode, they learn what was already mentioned previously, but maybe with a little more unnecessary details.

And I don't get, how they managed to get 24 episodes for that.

In my entire life I've seen, beside Yowamushi, only two sport anime, first was Captain Tsubasa second was Haikyuu. You might consider Chihayafuru as competetive, but not entirely as sport.

Haikyuu is such a great example of sport anime done right. I was a bit sceptical about whole season being just one game. But it turned out great, what I loved in there, that there were no overly supernatural attacks, no bullshit 'attack moves' like from some fantasy battle anime aka Naruto

In Yowamushi you have this bullshit repeated over and over again:
>I'm strong
>I'll pass you
>You can pass me, but I'll pass you too
>The atmosphere has changed
>What an acceleration! Who is this guy (despite riding alongside him for half of the race)
>I'm strong
>Something has changed
>Bullet Train, Mountain Snake, Mountain God, Divine Wind, Beast of whatever, Dog of whatever
>Lemme use my special ability, but first I must tell you how I feel

Cd.
>>
Cd.
>I know there is 10 meters to the finish line, but lemme tell you story of my life
>I can smell his determination
>Take this jersey to the finish line
>Guy uses his special ability, pulls his tongue out: He is so fucking haiai. Lemme pedal faster
>Guy uses his special ability, his leg muscles size increased twice, his neck extended thrice, pulls tongue out. Speed unachievable for a mere human. Gets catch up by the guy who spent whole time telling story of his life.
>I'm strong

Never in the entire series they actually show speed-o-meter (sorry, no idea what is the English name for that), so we don't even objectively know how good, or how bad they are.

I get that actual road racing is boring as fuck, but so is volleyball for most of the time, yet I was so hyped that I was chanting like a retard 'Ikke, ikke Karasuno', where in Yowamushi I was rolling my eyes where I saw another flashback to Imaizumi vs Midosuji in Middle School Race, or how through power of friendship Onoda is the best.

>pic related Super Sayain form

Yes, I'm mad
>>
>>152790159
What can I say, it was fun weekly. Can't imagine binge watching it though.
>>
Teekyuu is the only sports anime you need.
You learned the hard way.
No go watch Teekyuu.
>>
All sports anime are shit and monotonous. Only one exception >>152790757
>>
>>>152790611
A comfy Monday watch indeed. I liked S1 better though.
>>
Try Major (Baseball) and Baby Steps (Tennis) ... Or Just Major with its 4 or 6 seasons, ovas and new manga.
>>
>>152791125
Up until recently, I've been only watching fully finished series, around 3 episodes per day mostly (quite busy), now I have more time to follow series as they are released.

Do you just watch livechart or something similar, and then look through fansub groups to check which group does what, or go to nyaa and get it from the top search?
>>
>>152790159
>what I loved in there, that there were no overly supernatural attacks, no bullshit 'attack moves' like from some fantasy battle anime aka Naruto
stopped reading there. youre retarded if you think those things are inherently bad.
>>
>>152790611
Really? I feel the exact opposite. In sports anime like YowaPed and Kuroko no Basuke they just cut off the episode when need be. You dont really get a full story every episode like with something like Haikyuu or Ping Pong or Mushishi (non sports anime but same point). So when binging you just get the next part immediately. Same goes for something like Hunter x Hunter ant arc, you get a 20 minute episode of them going up a fucking staircase or something. Imo thats really unsatisfying for a weekly show.
I watched S1 after it ended, it was a lot of fun, but then for the most part had to watch Grande Road weekly. For Grande Road the episodes felt so short and I was getting barely anything per week. And like the OP said it had some awful flashback problems so thsoe would also take a chunk of time where the plot/race could be progressing
>>
>>152792835
They are good in the genre they originate, that is battle anime in fantasy setting. I see no point giving cyclists some auras or special supernatural abilities.

pic related was retarded
>>
>>152790159
>>152790186
I think you should fuck off back to those forums.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.