[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Strangest dubs and localizations you've ever seen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: funk soul brother.jpg (246KB, 1300x974px) Image search: [Google]
funk soul brother.jpg
246KB, 1300x974px
ITT: Strangest dubs and localizations you've ever seen

>combine the dub soundtrack with licensed songs from every late 90's one hit wonder band
>butcher the 02 OVA to try and connect it to Our War Game
>Saban dub

Watching the original JP versions was a surreal experience after this.
>>
>>152586167
I still don't like Omegamon reveal in Our War Game, cheesy as it might be, gattais should be filled with hot bloodedness. Not some weak pansy choir shit.
>>
>>152586167
Find something new to talk about fag. Nobody cares.
>>
>>152586237
I think they're both alright, can't really choose one over the other.
>>
>>152586637
>Find something new to talk about fag
>i the board where people discuss NGE every waking hour
>>
>>152586167
SOME
>>
The entire Digimon dub back then was a mess. added dialogue and jokes every five seconds, the usual editing, but somehow the Japanese last names were kept and references to smoking weren't removed. Any other dub would have made the series take place in America.

And that shitty BGM, Takanori Arisawa was a godsend, he even used the Sailor Stars battle theme for 02.
>>
>>152589852
>be spic
>they left digimon music in spanish

and everyone liked it
>>
LET'S KICK IT UUUUUP
>>
>>152590120
SHOW THEM ALL THE THINGS WE CAN DO
>>
File: 1483103696403.gif (204KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1483103696403.gif
204KB, 500x375px
>>152590183
>>
I still like it.
>>
You can imagine how confused I was as kid. Over here the TV-series localization was based on Japanese broadcast, with none of the added dialog or editing from 4Kids version. We also had the original names.
But then when the movie was released, it was based on 4Kids cut, with different names and stuff.
>>152589852
I think they were fully intending for it to take place in America, but the series makes it pretty clear that it is Japan. So English audience got the hot mess.
>>
>>152590120
HEY DIGIMON HEY DIGIMON
>>
>>152592462
Where are you from? In Finland we had the same exact situation with localizations.

Early findubs were notorious for their QUALITY and enjoy a widespread "so good it's bad" cult status nowadays. However, Digimon, especially 02, was probably the first occasion in my life where I anknowledged something being distinctly japanese. It felt really exciting and new back then and got me into jap stuff.
>>
>>152592931
Finland here as well. The dub of the Adventure turned really good after team was changed, shortly before the kids made it back to Japan.
I'm from middle of nowhere myself, so the city scenery when the kids were split up and searching for the 8th child was pretty amazing.
>>
>>152586167
I have mu nostalgia headphones on so i remember those 90's songs being pretty catchy. Compared to the original our war game, there was clearer dialogue which made it tense but no music during the hype battle scenes. Theres no soundtrack for that movie.

Thankfully the sequel with 02 kids was better soundwise.
>>
>>152586167
>hey its me
>Angelica Anaconda
>>
>>152586167
>02
>Terriermon
>Two of them
What
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.