[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being the deeply troubled heterosexual man that I am, I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 10

Being the deeply troubled heterosexual man that I am, I've found that, over the years I've accumulated many tens of thousands (probably hundreds of thousands of image files and webms relating to my many hobbies (but mostly 2d girls). This includes downloaded manga, webm clips, and just general pictures of interest.

Sporadically throughout my many years of digital hoarding, I've made various attempts to better organize things via many different tagging systems, but they've all fallen a little short of what I'm looking for.

Basically, I'm looking for a program that will let me assign tags to an image (based on the character, series, content, etc), and then easily perform a flexible search by including and excluding individual tags. Also, preferably, those tags would be linked to the image file itself (perhaps as metadata), so that I can move the image around freely without losing the tag info. It sounds simple enough, but pretty much everything I've tried has fallen short in terms of the kind of ease of use and efficiency that I would need in order to tackle a collection of this size.

The closest thing I've found to an ideal program in terms of tag functionality is something called "tagspaces", but unfortunately it seems to be fairly poorly coded, and chokes up whenever it's looking a folder of more than a few hundred images. This means that ultimately, it's pretty much useless.

I've since been using ACDsee, and that works OK, except the process of adding tags is a bit fiddly, and searching by keyword is very limited. Also, it stores keyword info in an internal database, which becomes hopelessly confused if I need to move any images around outside of ACDsee.

I'm curious if there are any other digital hoarders out there, and what programs you use to keep things in order.
It seems crazy to me that there wouldn't be a program that does exactly what I'm looking for, but nothing I've found fits the bill.

In the meantime, I'll dump some pretty anime ladies.
>>
Or maybe just a bunch of Chisato?
>>
File: piggy gets food.webm (2MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
piggy gets food.webm
2MB, 960x720px
tldr
>>
File: tldr.jpg (14KB, 155x245px) Image search: [Google]
tldr.jpg
14KB, 155x245px
>>152508532
>>
>>152508675
>bunch of Chisato
I need ALL Chisato.
>>
>>152508675
>fucks shitty MC
Trashed
>>
>>
>>152508683
Is it sad that i can relate to that pig?
>>
File: a6_001_0002.jpg (747KB, 1324x2008px) Image search: [Google]
a6_001_0002.jpg
747KB, 1324x2008px
>>
File: s7_0006.jpg (910KB, 1344x2008px) Image search: [Google]
s7_0006.jpg
910KB, 1344x2008px
>>
>>152508532
It would be best if you just take any database software and do it with that. Afterwards you make Thesauri based on what you want to find. It's a lot of work that way tho but I dunno any better solutions
>>
>>
File: 1312053631373.png (3MB, 1900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1312053631373.png
3MB, 1900x1200px
>>152508532
i was like you, never found a solution other than erasing my ''dump'' folders and creating new folders for everything else
>>
>>152508683
>>152508730
tl;dr - Give/Find me a program to help me tag and search through my thousands of files of anime stuff
>>
>>152508532

I've heard some good things about Hydrus.
https://hydrusnetwork.github.io/hydrus

There's a thread about this stuff in /h/.
>>
Hydrus net seems to fit the bill OP
>>
File: s15_0024.jpg (904KB, 1348x2012px) Image search: [Google]
s15_0024.jpg
904KB, 1348x2012px
>>152509650
>>152509780

Thanks. I'd actually never heard of it before, but it does look interesting. Trying it out right now.
>>
>>152509876

I feel like there's something fundamental that I'm misunderstanding about Hydrus.

It says that once you import your files, you can do whatever you like with the originals without affecting the files in Hydrus' database.

So, I take that to mean that it simply copied all my files into some archive, right?

But I just imported several hundred thousand images, and my Hydrus folder which supposedly contains the database is less than 200 megs.

What am I missing?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.