[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a better anime than Monster >protip: you cant >protip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

Name a better anime than Monster

>protip: you cant
>protip 2: if you name anything else you are probably under 18
>>
K-On
>>
Boku no Pico
>>
Maid Dragon
>>
Phantom World
>>
>>152496641
>>152496696
>>152496702
>>152496781

Found the brainlets
>>
Pokemon
>>
Sword Art Online
>>
Hyouka
>>
>>152496609
Overrated shit.
>>
>>152496609
Naruto
>>
>>152496609
Guilty Crown
>>
Gurran Lagoon
>>
>>>/sci/8618534
>>
>>152496609
>tfw you will never watch monster for the first time again
>>
>>152496609
I'm gonna bite. I don't personally think simply presenting the human mind and condition is the pinnacle of what we as humans can use art for. It is to me a very shallow and also arrogant subject for art. Showing people at their worst is not without its place in the mediums, but there is so much more to the universe and humans than simply our flaws. It gets tiring eventually to see the same monotonous narrative pushed in our faces, as if it was deep or meaningful. We get it, humans can be pieces of shit. It makes for an interesting piece to depict that, but it is certainly not the best we can do in the way of art and storytelling. Only pretentious plebs think that it is the highest that we can show in stories. I don't find the shitty side of humanity deep, I find it depressingly shallow, petty, and altogether underwhelming unimportant. I'd much rather take an interest in technology, which represents the best of what we can as a species accomplish. Only people who are dumb and unthinking see social interaction as some deep and meaningful highest aspect of human art. To me what really is great about art is that it can depict things so much better than a shallow human. It is petty and arrogant to think shallow human interaction is the deepest and best part of art. Only an easily impressed and mentally limited normalfag sees such things as "deep". To conclude, Gundam is a far better anime for it's optimistic view of human technology, as well as the inclusion of centrifugal force space habitats, a simple but rarely seen aspect of space science fiction that keeps the viewer grounded in the limitations of human technology despite the advanced mobile suits.
>>
>>152497043
Not so good.
>>
Hand Shakers
>>
>>152497219
I agree with this as long as by "Gundam" you only mean 0079
>>
>>152497495
Yes, I was referring to the original series. I enjoy the others but they are not as good.
>>
>>152496609
K-On!!
>>
>>152497219
>humans can be pieces of shit
>presenting this subject without proper contrast of human greatness

>not even depicting the superior subject of human ultimate fallibility and incapability to embody an idea, only being truly completed in death

>also misunderstanding the premise of Monster completely

You should read up on some stuff about what modernism actually is and what postmodernism actually is.

t. stonesculptor
>>
>>152497634
>>152497495
>>152497219
(actually, speaking of gundam, while I also like 79 most, the second part in my post is what I like about early universal century in general, because the entire point of it is and always was that Char is completely full of shit and without direction, and him having died at the end of 79 would have been in everyone's best interests because he belonged into that time period and could not exist if not for repeating it, contrasted with Amuro who actually managed to become a new person after the war)
>>
>>152496609

Flop Floppers
>>
>>152497219
Is this a review from MAL?
>>
>>152497219
Autism Speaks: The Post
>>
>>152497219
Both Tenma, through refusing to kill and saving Johann twice, and Nina, through forgiving Johann, are examples of human greatness.
>>
>>152496609
Monster isn't even fucking good, though. It's full of characters I don't care about and really barebones, unengaging mini-dramas that just weigh the whole thing down.
>>
>>152498219
>Monster
>Not good

Pick one
>>
Ashita no Joe is objectively the best anime ever made.
And that is while the anime adaptation is worse than the manga
>>
>>152500210
The anime and manga both have their pluses and neither is better than the other
>>
>>152496802
Found the letlet
>>
>>152496609
Gundam
>>
Mars of Destruction
>>
>>152496609
The manga is better
>>
Madoka
>>
>>152497219
Hey man nice blog, how do I follow?
>>
>>152496609
Gundam.
>>
>>152496609
zero no tsukaima. I never liked Monster
>>
Though I disagree to clarify I do think both Monster and 21 Century Boys are both really good. I just have one problem with Urasawa's works. Just when you think you are about to get some resolution in the story he, introduces some new element. It usually makes the story do a complete 180 (maybe focus on some new character, plot element, ect.) and it prolongs the story further. Its like if your beating it to some really hot doujin right, and you are about to cum right? But then you stop yourself to go look at that next doujin because you saw some really cute loli giving a footjob and you know once you blow its all over and you will never get to it.
>>
>>152496609
Mobile Suit Gundam
>>
>>152500319
It's the same shit except the Manga doesn't have as many recaps
>>
>>152496609
Re Zero
>>
>>152497495
>>152497520
Not liking Turn A is a sign of debilitating shit taste.
>>
>>152496863
Nice one
>>
Name a better character than Grimmer.
That's right, you can't.
>>
What a shit thread, saged.
OP, (you) are degenerate
>>
>>152505314
Turn A is a piece of joke.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.