[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /a/ thinks of "Mononoke" (Kenji Nakamura,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: Mononoke_500[1].jpg (186KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Mononoke_500[1].jpg
186KB, 500x333px
What does /a/ thinks of "Mononoke" (Kenji Nakamura, Toei Animation, 2007)?

I ask because it just got confirmed that will get a Latin American Spanish dub.
>>
>>152384175
AOTY
>>
I go back and forth on whether or not it's my favorite anime. It's very good. A dub seems hard to pull off.
>>
Pretty good.

>only interested because of a dub
Fuck off.
>>
>>152384175
It's fujoshit.
>>
There are people who haven't watched Mononoke?
>>
Does anyone know what Nakamura's been up to since Insight? I've heard literally nothing.
>>
>>152384175
Pretty good, I watched it all in English and enjoyed it thoroughly.
>>
File: mononoke_01.png (2MB, 1880x954px) Image search: [Google]
mononoke_01.png
2MB, 1880x954px
>>152384343
wtf how?

>>152384175
it's good, but if you can't stomach ambiguous art-orientated pretentious shit you might not like it.

I fucking love it though
>>
>>152384175
Source pinche wey?
>>
>>152384430
I don't remember it being particularly ambiguous. The only angle I could see it being called pretentious for is the arthouse style.
>>
>>152384343
Oh my fucking god.
>>
>>152384175
choppy animation
Seriously the show looks amazing, except it has to have powerpoint tier animation quite often.
>>
2007 was one of the strongest years for anime and Mononoke was an AOTY contender. However, if you're the type of 3rd worlder who watches Spanish dubs, it's very likely you won't enjoy this show because you're too fucking dumb to fully appreciate it.

>>152384495
It's probably shit for Netflix or something. Fucking Latin America, man, why can't they just read subtitles.
>https://twitter.com/AgosLongo_/status/818911040029265920
This slut (doing Kayo) has ruined her already. Not that she could ever top Yukana's performance, but fuck, she sounds terrible.
>>
>>152384723
>It's probably shit for Netflix or something.
It's fucking nothing.
>Fucking Latin America, man, why can't they just read subtitles.
Yeah, for some reason here in north Mexico it's getting more rare to see movies with subs, they are extremely fucking lazy and/or hate listening to another language now. Maybe it's the Aztec autism.

Also the average LatAm weeb has the shittiest taste ever, not even Reddit or MAL would have this shit, retarded, same fucking shounen shit taste so it will be a wasted dub as well.

I guess I might watch it but maybe I will forget about it tomorrow.
>>
>>152384175
Masterpiece.
>>
Pretty good shit. Its actually one of my favourites
>>
>>152384851
It's a corporate decision devised by the jews in charge of cable companies. That's why the vanilla version of every channel on regular cable has shitty dubs, to trigger people like me into paying an extra because the companies offer digital services at a premium where you can get the original voices with subtitles.
Also probably related to literacy and intellectual levels dropping like crazy in the last decade.
>>
Still one of my favorites. I don't even like episodic shows that much usually, but every single story here was a masterpiece.
>>
>>152384984
Nah probably the latter.

Yes, the Jews dominate LatAm a fuckton but y'know how most of this part of the world is dumb, if you had a 100 IQ, you would be classified of "bright mind" to be really honest.

It doesn't help when people here don't even want to learn, since they want the gibsmedats and related but eh, I will sound like an asshole traitor but I'm already a gween cardo so, if you're smart then you could watch anime with subs already instead of giving money to Netflix despite you would never get a copyright notice in LatAm unless your country is a shithole.
>>
>>152385116
Also no hecks given anyway to my country, ayylmao

>Buh-bye!
>>
>>152384175
It's excellent
>>
>>152384175
>watching Mononoke dubbed
>never hearing 'tada no kusuriuri desu yo'
I want to throw up, do yourself a favour and just watch it in Japanese
>>
>>152384175
It's good, nothing more nothing less.
I can't say I really enjoyed watching it, but it's allright.
>>
>>152385280
>never hearing 'tada no kusuriuri desu yo'
Truly the greatest tragedy. Kusuriuri's voice was top-tier, I loved how slowly he spoke. It was dramatic as fuck.
>>
>>152384430
>anime has unusual visual style
>people immediately label it with words they hardly understand
How good /a/ is filled with real connoisseurs.
>>
>>152384175
Honestly my favourite anime. The animation and visuals are striking, the voice acting is very well done (if you get it dual audio), and it's a great ride the entire way through as the mystery unfolds. Hopefully they include the first Bakeneko arc from Ayakashi, but I doubt they will.
>>
>>152384175
Voice acting of Kusuriuri character is just amazing. Slow, every word is emphasized. I loved listening him.

It's a great anime but everyone should watch this in japanese.
>>
>>152386309
God that first Bakeneko arc made me cry with that poor girl saying, "Neko, neko, ii ko."
>>
>>152384175
AOTYAY
They'll do a great job butchering it with a dub though.
>>
>>152384984
This.
>>
>>152384175
Legitimately one of the best anime of the 21st century. Probably ever, at least in terms of television. Watch it asap but don't watch it dubbed.
>>
>>152384343
If I see one more idiot misuse this term.
>>
>>152386509
>>152386509
Sakurai is really good. He has really a pretty broad range but making the medice seller's speech pattern like that made him shine even more. I really had to listen hard to be able to hear Suzaku.
>>
>>152384430
Looks like a Klimt.

I loved it. Some episodes were beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTQ6UOLaQek
>>
>>152384405
I didn't even really get into or finish Gatchaman so I'm looking forward to his next series even more. Hopefully, he puts something out this year.
>>
Traditionally, LatAm dubs have always been decent at the very least, but it might not work for Mononoke. Too much Jap folklore, something's bound to not be translated well.

Is that an /ñ/ thread on the horizon?
>>
>>152384175
Good luck with that. The show barely even works subbed.
>>
>>152390160
I haven't watched it but Samurai X was too Japanese as well, yet, it became a hit here.
>>
>>152384175
It's pretty good, but i don't think i would watch it dubbed. I feel that it's just one of those anime that wouldn't work dubbed because the language is important to the storytelling.

I would watch it in it's original language if i were you. And i don't think you'll regret it really.
>>
File: 1205286844337.jpg (52KB, 350x554px) Image search: [Google]
1205286844337.jpg
52KB, 350x554px
Mervalleous.

>dub.

Why would you do that to yourself?
>>
>>152384329
>>152385280
>>152389737
>>152390601
>>152390720
I've only mentioned the dub confirmation because before it I didn't knew about this anime.

The Latin American Spanish dub isn't out yet.
>>
>>152384175
I love the style in screenshots but was honestly kind of disappointed when I saw it move. The large amount of unfitting cg certainly didn't help.
Some of the stories were cool, while others left me relatively cold. Doesn't help that I'm generally not a fan of detective stories, which most of them sadly boil down to.
In terms of style and concept it sounds absolutely perfect for me, but I was kind of let down by what it actually turned out to be. I like it, but not as much as I'd hoped.

https://my.mixtape.moe/uxfsfw.webm
Best scene
>>
>>152391702
Thanks.
>>
>>152384430
>pretentious
How is that? Why insecure people use that word a lot?
>>
>>152384403
There's no decent release anywhere
>>
>>152393219
He doesn't mean literally pretentious you nut, just a way to describe these kinds of things.
>>
>>152393219
they're retarded and can't describe anything coherently because all of their language comes from reading shitposts on 4chan
>>
>>152393407
anon BD is fine.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.