[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one do you think it is worse, weird ass character design

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: yugi shuu.png (383KB, 724x311px) Image search: [Google]
yugi shuu.png
383KB, 724x311px
Which one do you think it is worse, weird ass character design for the sake of being special snowflake, or bland generic character design for the sake of becoming easier for the audience to project itself into the MC?
>>
>>152091515

It's not either or, both extremes are bad. As with most things the best options tend to lay somewhere in the middle
>>
File: bucellati gang.png (3MB, 1560x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bucellati gang.png
3MB, 1560x1200px
Weird character design

Who the fuck would dress like this IRL?
>>
>>152091687
Super models
>>
>>152091687
Abbachio would be the only acceptable if it wasn't for this retarded starfish in his head and the lipstick
>>
>>152091515
Special snowflake. I'd rather have an off-the-wall character design than a completely uninspired one I forget the second I see it.
>>
>>152091515
Only now I noticed that Shu has a lock of hair that has a slighty different collor
>>
>>152091515
I want to stick my peen in yugi
>>
Yugi is a billion times better character than Shu.
>>
Yugi looks a lot better with more height.
>>
>>152091515
Bland is worse. Maybe it's because I'm not Japanese or a boy but I can't stand the run-of-the-mill brown/black haired MC trend. They always have the same Kirito bangs too, what's up with that?
>>
>>152091515
Plain char dis can be cute too, so I'll take it.
Weird ass one needs a time to get used to and it usually good for long running shonen shit.
Look at all those people who are bitching about Youjo Senki character design, and all those people who used to be bitching when Shiki was airing.
>>
>>152091687
Arent models supposed to be really tall ?
>>
File: Gear_Fourth_Infobox.png (601KB, 787x808px) Image search: [Google]
Gear_Fourth_Infobox.png
601KB, 787x808px
I rather bland designs than retarded shit like this. I was about to un-drop One Piece before I found out that this piece of shit was suppose to be Luffy's definitive badass power up
>>
>>152092296

But they aren't models, they are mafia trying to blend in as normal citizens
>>
>>152092098
This is pratically the only haircut that men are allowed to have in Japan, if you see a japanese dude that has a different haircut there's 99% of chance that he is a delinquent
>>
File: 02.jpg (140KB, 640x598px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
140KB, 640x598px
Does this go too far?
>>
To be fair weird designs are acceptable if the story takes place in a fantasy world
>>
>>152091515
There's a balance between Yugi-tier and Shuu-tier.
>>
File: good boy.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
good boy.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
I love Shu's design. His vanilla stripe is cute.
>>
>>152091515
fuck off yugi is GOAT
>>
>>152091515
Don't care as long as boys are drawn as boys and girls are drawn as girls. Anything else is heresy.
>>
>>152093662
So almost everything made since the beginning of the 2000's is heresy
>>
>>152091515
the design should fit within the context of and atmosphere of the work
this is why jojo works and yugi dosent
>>
>>152091515
Depends on the character itself, a great character with a weird design becomes memorable in a good way, a boring character with a boring design, well, at least you can forget about it easier, and the opposite, a shit character with a weird design can easily make me drop a series, meanwhile a great character with a bland design makes you only remember the good stuff about it, it's a matter of perspective really
>>
>>152091515
Depends. In Yugi's case weird is better.
>>152091687
Now that's just fucking gay
>>
>>152094180
>the context of and atmosphere of the work
Have you even read Yugioh.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.