[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So if Little Witch Academia flip flops can we finally nuke

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1477844225663.jpg (40KB, 389x361px) Image search: [Google]
1477844225663.jpg
40KB, 389x361px
So if Little Witch Academia flip flops can we finally nuke Japan again?
>>
Little Witch Academia = netflix so who cares
>>
Netflix will keep it alive if it does well on there. So doesn't matter.
>>
Who cares if it flops? We're already getting it.
>>
It will flop in Japan, that's why it had to be kickstarted once and funded by netflix even after that.

If it flops in the west you can nuke whoever you want, though.
>>
LWA will sell more than flib flobs at least
>>
>>152079111
If it flops the industry is truly dead, and we only get fujoshit/sequels/adaptations from now on.
>>
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/2016/01/16/general/online-streaming-keeps-anime-afloat/

The biggest changes she sees in 2016 are interrelated: The transition from physical products, or “package businesses,” to on-demand, streaming media has resulted in a radical transformation in the intellectual-property licensing process.

“There was ‘before Netflix,’ and an ‘after Netflix,’ ” she says. “And it happened in only the past three or four years. Before, you sold your content to (U.S.-based distributors) like Viz Media or Funimation, Aniplex and Media Blasters. But with Netflix, you can sell it to them directly and go straight to your audience. You don’t have to have this industry connection and talk to these U.S.-based licensing companies. You can just go to Netflix and sell it and that’s it.”

For most Japanese producers, Matsuda says, the watershed moment occurred in 2013, when the Tokyo-based 3-D computer graphics studio Polygon Pictures clinched a deal with Netflix for the distribution of its series “Knights of Sidonia.”

“Everyone (in the anime industry) was like, ‘Oh, crap: Can you do that directly with streaming? And then, ‘Oh, wow, you really can!’ ”

In 2016, Japanese IP producers are scrambling to sell their content directly to fans, while conjuring new ways to pay for it.

Matsuda is sanguine about the shakeup of the domestic Japanese industry. “I hope this pushes anime creators to make more content that doesn’t have to follow the norm in Japan,” she says. “With options like Kickstarter and digital streaming, there are now a lot more ways to get your IP out there, wherever you are.”
>>
>>152079639
>while conjuring new ways to pay for it
They must be really smart.
>>
>>152079019
We even have to
>>
>>152079639
The most important thing is that by selling anime shows to streaming services instead of having to finish the episodes weekly for TV broadcast, at least the majority of the QUALITY issues ought to be fixed, simply because the anime studio can afford a little bit more time to work and overview their product so far.
>>
>>152079639
>“I hope this pushes anime creators to make more content that doesn’t have to follow the norm in Japan,” she says.

But I like anime because it follows Japanese norms instead of western ones.
>>
>>152080436
No, you don't like bad Japanese animation because of a stressed overworked staff.
>>
>>152079118
Konosekai was kickstarted and it made a billion yen and was declared best Japanese film of the year. Miracles will happen
>>
I swear is 10/10 original anime like flip flaps and lwa weren't profitable anymore, anime is dead
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.