[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I ended up putting Kekkai Sensen on an indefinite hold when it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: leo eyes2.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
leo eyes2.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
I ended up putting Kekkai Sensen on an indefinite hold when it was airing and I'm just about to finally finish it right now. It's alright, I really love the world and the setting, but it really suffers from the episodic style in my opinion. How's the manga in comparison?
>>
>>152055548
>suffers from the episodic style
Only thing it had going for it. The Bones-original stuff had a little promise but fell flat (to the surprise of only the most gullible and naive).
>>
>>152055840
To me it felt like nothing got developed enough because of it. They just kept introducing characters and then moved on.
>>
>>152055946
Each episode is its own story as a result.
>>
>>152055840
I still believe in bones, one of these days they'll do it right.
>>
>>152056236
Yeah. To be fair it would have worked better with more episodes. Keep the stories separate, but develop the cast a bit more.
>>
>>152056461
Shoulda taken 8-12 episodes to introduce characters and cast

and then did a huge 12 episode season of them fucking shit up.

I mean I GUESS there was that movie to finish up the season, but it ended prety abruptly.
>>
>>152056520
>movie
I only know about the ova since I stopped paying attention to anything related to this when I put it on hold. Is the movie different from that?

Oh well, at least there's a second season coming, but dunno how well they'll do with the anime original stuff they added.
>>
>>152055946
>>152056461
I feel like this is because they skipped so much in what they did adapt, but also dodged a bunch of stories where characters were fleshed out better. There's a lot of details just missing and it drove me mad trying to talk to people about the series because all sorts wouldn't be present for anime watchers. Recently someone asked me 'why doesn't Leo just live in the office for free?' and the first thing that came to mind was his scary encounter with Klaus when entering Libra HQ on his own, but things like that aren't in the anime so there's one less side to it.

The manga is just a series of short stories with no overarching plot beyond character threads, but it adds and builds up its world and people in an easy going manner. You're there to know the characters, laugh with them, despair with them, and triumph with them. Fun things are fun until a loli's in danger, etc. I'd call it adventures but some stories are truly mundane.

>>152056581
I think they mean the final episode.
>>
>>152056945
>I think they mean the final episode.
Ah, I didn't check the length of it since I just downloaded a BD batch. Now it makes sense why people were asking when ep 12 was going to be released. Feels weird though, since 11 wasn't really conclusive at all on its own, so why delay the last ep?

And I think I'll definitely check out the manga, this kind of "mundane magical realism" just presses all my buttons.
>>
Reminder that we are getting a second season this spring.
>>
>>152057035
The delay was because they overran the broadcast timeslot and splitting it up wouldn't work because the following week's programmes were already lined up. Director insisted she couldn't squeeze it into a single episode's worth, but I felt the final product was unnecessarily drawn out in parts, especially where they wanted to play out the music.

English scans of the manga are only available for vols 1-3 and 10 thanks to Anons. Unless someone scanned/ripped more since it's a shitty buy it or never read situation. What's more DH didn't use alternating font styles on dialogue heavy parts despite this problem being noted in Trigun years before, so it can be difficult to identify a change in speaker.

Also fuckers haven't made a new release since the anime started airing, then let several volumes go out of print. You'd think they'd boost efforts but no.
>>
>>152057476
So not even the RAWs are available for the rest of the volumes?
>>
>>152057619
Oh no, there are RAWs for twelve volumes, bonus chapters, and a light novel. It just sucks if you can't read moon.
>>
>>152058024
Well it's still better than nothing and while I certainly don't know enough moon to do a proper translation, I can at least understand some of it.
>>
>>152055548
Manga is also episodic so if that bothered you in the anime then it might still bother you when you read it.
>>152057619
I'm scanning some of the volumes and trying to scanslate them but I've been doing that since the anime ended and still haven't completed any to give you an idea of how slow it's going. I'll keep at it though.
>>
>>152059694
Well, as said the episodic nature bothered me because there was too little time to develop the characters in such a short episode count. I figured that the manga would have plenty of material more.
>>
File: kk.png (147KB, 322x379px) Image search: [Google]
kk.png
147KB, 322x379px
>>152060205
Yeah, the characters are explored more in the manga, the side characters especially got kind of shafted in the anime, but it's slow, you get to know them over time. KK is my favorite and she barely got any screentime in the anime (still not enough in the manga either but definitely more).
>>
File: Uh huh.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Uh huh.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
Manga is also missing best girl.
>>
>>152057439
different director tho
>>
>>152055548

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IkPEm-_Hc4
>>
>>152062475
Technically it's well made, but the song sucks ass.
>>
Trigun Maximum anime when
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.