[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many Manga and Anime treat the Yakuza as goofy good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Yakuza are good guys.png (270KB, 888x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza are good guys.png
270KB, 888x1300px
Why do so many Manga and Anime treat the Yakuza as goofy good guys that are necessary because they protect their neighborhood and are never shown doing anything actually horrible like murder, rape or human trafficking?
>>
>>151950415
Because most yakuza are pretty bro tier if you know them. It's true for most organized crime, the reason they can last in s neighborhood is because the locals support them.
>>
>>151950415
>Why do so many Manga and Anime treat the Yakuza as goofy good guys that are necessary because they protect their neighborhood and are never shown doing anything actually horrible like murder, rape or human trafficking?

In your burger dramas, crackers and niggers act that way but not so in Asia.
Murder and rape are reserved to be done by tourists, US soldiers, drug addicts and criminals of passion in Japan.
>>
>>151950595
locals support them because if they dont they will get their business burnt down and beat up/killed

Yakuza are bad guys, I think its just idolization
>>
>>151950415
many do though. usually the ones that are more about violence of some sort.
>>
>>151950687
No, that's not how it works at all. Most of those businesses are family members/friends of the gangsters. Only people who are coerced are outsiders.
>>
>>151950602
You're kidding, right?
>http://www.inquiriesjournal.com/articles/1265/human-trafficking-the-japanese-commercial-sex-industry-and-the-yakuza-recommendations-for-the-japanese-government
>>
Maybe you should try reading something other than shounen for once.
>>
>>151950415
shonen jump is owned by yakuza
>>
>>151950415
This ending is a bizarre parallel to the The Godfather.
The fact that Michael Corleone starts the "family business" but ends up taking over after his father anyway is treated like a tragedy, a sign of his moral decay which is cemented in the ending when he has a bunch of people killed in the middle of a babtism, then in the sequel when he has his own brother killed. It leads him to nothing but misery, and it's pretty damn clear his intentions are selfish and he doesn't care about the wellbeing of the people in his turf like his father did, he makes things worse.
Here, Raku starts the series rejecting the Yakuza and wants to become a civil servant, but then becomes the leader of the Yakuza AND a civil servant (blatant corruption) and this is treated as a good thing and he gets a happy ending.
>>
>>151950595
They might act like a bro to you, but they would not hesitate to put a bullet in your head if their boss said so. They are not good people.
>>
>>151950415
>make manga showing the yakuza as the fucking monsters they are
>get visited by yakuza
woooow
>>
The exact same reason why the English romanticize people the like the Krays and Bronson, and the Americans romanticize the mobsters. It's part of a national culture. Of course most of these people wouldn't want anything to do with shitbags like this, but they're happy enough to look from afar and think they're neat.
>>
>>151953024
>the Americans romanticize the mobsters
No we don't. Our media might portray them as sympathetic victims of circumstance, but they're still treated as bad guys who make things worse and contribute nothing positive to society.
>>
>>151953189
>Our media might portray them as sympathetic victims of circumstance
What? I'm pretty sure you guys are talking about two different groups of people. That fellow was talking about bank robbers, rum runners, and famous outlaws, while I can only assume you are talking about drug dealers.

No one likes drug dealers, but all that other shit is romantic and fun as fuck.

You want to know the real reason modern Japanese organized crime is looked on my favorably in fiction the the shit int he US and Europe? It's because there are far less drugs in Japan. Notice how all the 'bad' Yakuza in manga and similar are all drug dealers muscling in on the turf of the protagonists who don't approve.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.