[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You'll never be a sellsword in 18th century Japan Just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: pretentious crap.jpg (1MB, 4000x2899px) Image search: [Google]
pretentious crap.jpg
1MB, 4000x2899px
>You'll never be a sellsword in 18th century Japan
Just kill me in my sleep already.Also what's the deal with both this show and Cowboy Bebop?People praise them a lot but they're not that good.Sure characters look cool, Nujabes is a fucking god and everything but it's just not that impactful for me.

And both this girl and Faye from CB is so fucking annoying I just can't watch their scenes.That Watanabe fuck can't write good woman characters.
>>
>>151871355
Biggest problem with this show was the fact he had no likable character.
Also it tried to capture what Bebop did fair too hard.
>>
You need to say they are the best thing ever or you won't appear to have good taste because that matters.
>>
>>151871355
>Just kill me in my sleep already.
Do it yourself, faggot.
>>
>>151871524
Cowboy Bebop would work much better as a video game.Just rolling around the galaxy doing interesting questlines and stuff.Dogfights in space, doing detective shit or just exploring the streets of weird-looking planets.
>>
>>151871504
But Spike was an asshole too and I kinda liked Jin in Samurai Champloo.Probably more than Spike.
>>
>>151871355
It probably is overrated but at the same time it & CB are pretty unique, there's not much like them. I seriously feel that episodic stories are even harder to get "right" than traditional-style narratives though, when it's not fucking great it typically ends up being sorta shit.

>pretentious
Oh fuck off, you don't even know what that word means if you think it applies to SC.
>>
>>151871355
They've both aired on Western television and are extremely accessible to people with Western sensibilities. They've also both got very distinct soundtracks compared to most anime.

>And both this girl and Faye from CB is so fucking annoying I just can't watch their scenes.That Watanabe fuck can't write good woman characters.
Opinions? Never cared for Fuu much but Faye is an excellent character. Are you perhaps confusing "person you'd want to hang out with" for good character?
>>
>>151871355
>People praise them a lot but they're not that good

They aired during the early 00s on Cartoon Network. That alone is enough reason why. They also are both very accessible and made with the western audience in mind.
>>
>>151873326
>made with the western audience in mind
You think they expected Westerners to get all the references to Japanese history?
>>
>>151871355
>18th century
The story is set in the early 1850's you illiterate monkey
>>
>>151876814
It isn't
>>
>>151871355
Watch Kids on the Slope instead
>>
>>151871660
There was a video game faggot

Both series are good becuase of the themes they address and the way they do so. Think ping pong and tatami, boh incredible shows which address powerful themes through a unique directoral style
>>
>>151871355
>pretentious crap
Do people bother knowing what words mean before using them?
>>
>>151875428
All the references to Japanese history amount to
>gaijin black boats
>samurai and shit
Also they explain everything.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.