[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like FMAB so much? It's a pretty good show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: FM.jpg (34KB, 540x321px) Image search: [Google]
FM.jpg
34KB, 540x321px
Why do people like FMAB so much? It's a pretty good show and all but a lot of anime related websites treat it like it's the ultimate anime. It's not THAT great.
>>
>>151761016
It's fun, and isn't too long by battle-shounen standards. The perfect combination for normies. Did you expect an insightful masterpiece or something?
>>
>>151761016
It was on Cartoon Network when anime hit its niche peak/intro to normies happened.
>>
>>151761765
Does FMA really count as "battle-shounen"? The manga at least seemed to deal with the actual intrigue more than the fighting and world mechanics.
>>
It's not too long to prevent plebs from watching it, and people think it's something special because it has the remake title attached to it.
>>
>>151761016
It's a entry level show that isn't bad.
>>
>>151761949
And HxH had entire arcs of political intrigue and crime thriller but it's labeled a battle shounen. Just accept it
>>
>>151761016
>Thinking that it is good thing to be on top of dump that is anime

Also I will correct you NGE is ultimate anime, but it is 2deep4u normies to understand
>>
File: 1481876942366.jpg (252KB, 700x612px) Image search: [Google]
1481876942366.jpg
252KB, 700x612px
>>151762397
But there's so many oddly specific things that I think of when I hear that term, and they barely apply to FMA, if they apply at all.
It doesn't have kung-fu movie bits where they go through gauntlets of enemies, fighting one at a time each week. The only instance where they have to "RETREAT AND TRAIN" for some ass-pull new power is just them working out a way to circumvent Father's alchemy blockage. No villain of the week bullshit, and even its filler usually follows some kind of intrigue/mystery plot over anything else.
>>
>>151761016

The absolute fundamental pillar on which /a/nons base their worth is their pretensions to authenticity. Hence why subs are automatically preferred to dubs. Brotherhood more closely follows the original manga, therefore it is automatically better, no matter the actual quality of the show or whether the other adaptation improved on or was an interesting alternative spin on the source.
>>
Why do you keep making this thread so much, it was an ok shitpost once but you treat it like the ultimate shitpost. It's not THAT great.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.