[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is my reaction to Evangelion 3.3 (You) can not fuck thi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 40

File: maxresdefault.jpg (200KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
200KB, 1920x1080px
This is my reaction to Evangelion 3.3
(You) can not fuck this up again

Play both of these videos at the same time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlPfWxul5F4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KYYVrBX4v0
>>
>>151522186
Same. I was legit staring at the ceiling.
>>
File: rebuild Q.gif (3MB, 250x411px) Image search: [Google]
rebuild Q.gif
3MB, 250x411px
You can (not) redo is an embarrassment. In retrospect, it really is a catastrophic failure. It sold less physical copies than it's predecessor 2.22 which didn't even have half the hype. The only reason it made any money at all in the box office was because people was super excited after 2.22 and was dying to watch the sequel.

It made decent cash thanks to 2.22's hype, around 60M. It sounds like a lot, until you have a look at what an actually decent anime movie that isn't all pandering garbage can make. Enter "Your Name", which has as of now earned a staggering 220 million US dollars in the box office, and is STILL going strong.

Quite honestly, if anime wasn't a simple entertainment but serious business, people who liked, hoped for or worked on 3.33 should be dragged out in the streets and shot, and their families burned for good measure.
>>
File: evanyaa.png (772KB, 1110x1000px) Image search: [Google]
evanyaa.png
772KB, 1110x1000px
>>151522186
I honestly wish that 3.0 was so bad it was good so I could get a good laugh but it's just bad.
>>
File: 1340839803131.jpg (153KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1340839803131.jpg
153KB, 960x540px
The best part of Rebuild was the Schick campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWkRFsVwOkQ
>>
>>151522546
The zoid eva and transforming tentacle/jetpack were just stupid. Creature design took a step backward even by Rebuild standards.
>>
>>151522468
>that last sentence
Uh, wow. I really hope you're a NEET, or at least doing something absolutely inconsequential that doesn't require making any decisions that affect anyone anywhere.
>>
File: fat albert.gif (2MB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
fat albert.gif
2MB, 500x374px
>>151522468
>until you have a look at what an actually decent anime movie that isn't all pandering garbage can make.
>Enter "Your Name"
Jesus Christ has an argument ever been killed as much as this post has?
>>
Still haven't seen any of the Rebuilds. Should I bother?
>>
>>151522817
Beautiful animation, kinda dumb plot. Mari a shit.
>>
File: 1435082698723.png (662KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1435082698723.png
662KB, 1280x720px
>>151522468
>It sold less physical copies than it's predecessor 2.22 which didn't even have half the hype
>It made decent cash thanks to 2.22's hype
Yeah because its not like Evangelion is a highly recognizable and highly regarded brand name or anything.
>>
>>151522817
First two are decent, third one is so bad it's not worth watching any of them.
>>
>>151522722
'Even by rebuild standards'.

I don't know I think Eva 01 and Zerueal looked pretty good.
>>
>>151522722
It's pretty obvious after watching Shin Godzilla that Anno is fed up with working on Eva so he tried to turn it into something else instead.
>>
>>151522817
Just rewatch the original. Rebuilds are just crap knock-offs.
>>
>>151522957
Who said it wasn't?
>>
Are Reifags awake now or is this anon a late bloomer?
>>
>>151522817
First is basically a pasta of episodes 1-2+5, short of 3+4 and massive remaster of 6. Worth it for that last part.

Second is basically the Sayonara no Tsubasa of Eva.

Third is just a nonsensical mess that has nothing to do with eva anymore and a narrative void.
>>
>>151523012
You did.
>>
>>151523074
What, no?
>>
>>151522739
>>151522753
Nice butthurt, I relish in it.

>>151522817
I'd recommend against it.

>>151522957
That's part of the point. Being recognizable and being part of a brand with a fantastic pedigree (at least up until 3.33) is a great help, but despite that it's under-performing. There's far more potential for anime, and Rebuild ended up just catering to eva otaku and other basic otaku rather than actually trying to be good on it's own. It's coasting on EVA fame, when it had the chance to be much more. It's a shame.
>>
>>151522964
All of the redesigns were pretty good up until 3.0. I even thought Eva-05 and ZA BEASTO were pretty good and still consistent with existing Evangelion design conventions. Then things got out of hand with 3.0's excessively cartoony shit.
>>
File: 1477525529291.png (213KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477525529291.png
213KB, 500x400px
>>151523140
>and being part of a brand with a fantastic pedigree
>>
>>151522186
I actually watched it again this weekend. For me, 3.33 gets better each time I watch it, and I hated it the first time I saw it. The more I watch it though the more I understand and puck up on.

The story actually makes a lot of sense now. There are still elements of the film I dislike though (namely introducing all the Wille characters and then doing nothing with them, and everyone in Wille not telling Shinji shit).

My prediction for 4.0 is that it will take place before 3.0 and tell the events of 3rd impact and the formation of Wille. Thus leaving the conclusion to the Rebuild series open and ambiguous, or paving the way for a sequal TV series that starts after 3.33's events.

Anno really is brilliant desu.
>>
>>151522468
It was the 19th highest grossing animated film in Japan despite being a shit movie.
>>
>>151523214
>The more I watch it though the more I understand and puck up on.

If that was true, you'd hate the movie even more.
>>
>>151522975
True, but in interviews he has said the Shin Godzilla has given him the inspiration to get back to work on Evangelion.
>>
>>151522957
I think the faggot means that people expect better from the movie, and was let down to its crap factor was higher than the hype behind it.
>>
>>151523239
19th place, for one of the biggest and most critically acclaimed franchises? Not that impressive, to be honest.

The only reason it actually made that spot was because of the hype from previous movies. Half the audience literally ditched it the first week, check box office mojo if you don't believe me.
>>
File: 1472924332144.jpg (194KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472924332144.jpg
194KB, 1440x1080px
>>151523140
>and being part of a brand with a fantastic pedigree (at least up until 3.33)
Ya blew it
>but despite that it's under-performing
It made the most money out of all the Rebuilds senpai and is the highest grossing Eva film too.
>>
>>151523261
How come anon?
>>
>>151523323
>>151523210
Hey autismo, one post is enough, you don't make any more points or even at all contribute with each "greentext" and non-reply.
>>
>>151523319
>The only reason it actually made that spot was because of the hype from previous movies
Why would an establish franchise need hype from a previous film? Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>151523198
>ZA BEASTO

There was much backlash when it came out but the thing still is very Eva like and pretty cool as well.

The megaman cat is just retarded.
>>
File: samefag fail.jpg (108KB, 510x1499px) Image search: [Google]
samefag fail.jpg
108KB, 510x1499px
>>151523371
What's wrong anon? Is your ass sore or something?
>>
File: 1470311871020.jpg (84KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1470311871020.jpg
84KB, 720x1280px
>>151522468
>until you have a look at what an actually decent anime movie that isn't all pandering garbage can make.
>Enter "Your Name"
>>
>>151523337
Because you'd start seeing all the plot holes and issues with the film? So don't come here lying to us, you're just a fantard trying to promote a film you liked in the first place.

It's a shallow, boring dud of a film anon, and forcing yourself to like it doesn't change anything.
>>
>>151523468
>>151523422
>>151523323
>>151523210
>these butthurt Asukafag autist replies carrying no argument

It's a shame Asuka fans have to bring down the thread quality all the time. Imagine how we could be discussing Evangelion and it's future, but now we'res tuck with acidic, butthurt Asukafags?
>>
>>151523500
Oh, so you don't have any actual points, just generic shitposting? Okay...
>>
>>151522817
Not really, or not at all, but they can't be described so you'll probably end up watching them anyway.

All the characters are shadows or caricatures of their former selves, and there is nothing in it that made Eva Eva. There is no compelling story or realtionships, it's just an anime about women in rubber suits punching Cthulhu. There is also half an hour of homoerotic piano lessons, as well as a ton of overt fanservice. In the case of Mari, the sebisu is so strong it goes straight from sexy to creepy. She doesn't do anything except show off her butt and get in predicaments. Almost like she's not part of the scenes, but exists on a meta-layer between the movie and the audience.
>>
>>151523536
Okay then, if you watched it and apparently understood more, then how do you rationalize the unrealistic behavior of the main cast during the first half of the film aboard the Wunder?

You did think it out, didn't you? Keep in mind, "rationalizing" and "excusing" is not the same as "thinking" or "understanding".
>>
>>151523214
>Rebuild is told out of order
>4.0 is the ending preview from 2.0 and the last quarter or so of the film jump cuts to 3.0's ending
>Wille defeats Nerv and starts to rebuild humanity from scratch
>Neo-humanity is closely linked to the Evangelion technology
>Anno remakes the scrapped EoE sequel project
>TV series 200 years after 4.0
>Wille/Nerv/Seele and the Children are all mythological figures
>humanity lives in a single city protected by a massive AT Field (which is actually coming from Wunder + Eva-01's core deep underground)
>child soldiers pilot completely biological Evas from the womb
>battle children of the other Adams while trying to find the truth of the past

NEXT AFTER EVANGERION SHIN GEKISHOUBAN:
HUMANITY IS ON THE BRINK OF EXTINCTION
THE ANGELS' "ATTACK ON EVANGELION" PERSISTS
AND A NEW HERO EMERGES
There'll also be plenty of fanservice!
>>
>>151523685
Why did you even bother with that shit post?
>>
>>151523607
You didn't read my post did you? That was one of my grievances. Try again anon.

>>151523685
And thus Evangelion remains relevant for another decade and a half. I'd be down for the ride.
>>
>>151523607
Most of the Wunder's crew were teenagers or young adults when Third Impact happened, and Shinji seems to have become the target for blame because he was the catalyst (absorbed Zeruel ENTIRELY, allowed Lilith's soul to merge with Eva-01 by taking in Rei). Their behavior is totally rational if this is their understanding, and the only main cast with further understanding of events who interact with him are Misato, Ritsuko, and Sakura.

Misato goes along with the crew's belief because she needs to maintain their respect. She doesn't kill Shinji, which is enough to show that she doesn't blame him for what happened and thinks he deserves a second chance even if it means risking the entire world. It's just an awful situation for her and she's pressured into acting out of character.

Likewise, Ritsuko is fairly neutral towards him because she also knows what happened wasn't his fault (plus she probably knows it was all a set-up by Seele if she's anything like in the original series).

And Sakura is openly friendly to Shinji, knowing that he was friends with Toji who had probably told her about how Shinji saved him and Kensuke from Shamshel.

That whole intro scene actually makes more and more sense the more you think about it and rewatch it. The only part I'd still complain about is that Ritsuko could and should have directly explained everything to Shinji after they confirmed it was him, but maybe they were still a little bit uncertain or didn't have time since the attack seemed to occur hours after he woke up.
>>
File: boxoffice.png (35KB, 1095x805px) Image search: [Google]
boxoffice.png
35KB, 1095x805px
For the numerically challenged, here's what >>151522468
is saying.

Rebuild 3.33 is blue, Your name is red. It's interesting in itself to look at the 3.33 graph, the viewers bailed pretty hard on that one.
>>
>>151523831
I have severe autism.
>>
>>151524056
>You didn't read my post did you? That was one of my grievances. Try again anon.
I did, but someone answered anyway. Wow, must suck to be you.

>>151524056
>That whole intro scene actually makes more and more sense the more you think about it and rewatch it.

On the contrary. Even if your above reasoning wasn't purely fanwanked and thus invalid, you're simply making do by ignoring the glaring holes. Onscreen characterization and explanations trump fanwank AKA "fan interpretation", and it's made clear that they're against impacts, and they know that emotional distress may cause one, and yet they still emotionally badger and threaten Shinji. It's sort of like being afraid that a bomb may go off, but then you thrash it around anyway.

Then they would also know that NERV are in fact the bad guys, and that being mad at Shinji is pointless.

The entire thing falls apart completely, and no, the whole "blaming Shinji" doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>151523607
First of all, I'm not the same anon.
Second of all, it's not supposed to make sense. Some people praise Anno for creating a feeling of confusion and being lost, but honestly they're either looking for patterns that aren't there or just sucking Anno's dick. A story is supposed to stand on its own. If you make a story that can't be understood, because it's explained by another story that isn't made yet, it's simply a bad story.
>>
>>151524373
Well yeah, that's precisely the point. Quite frankly I think it's downright disturbing how low people who defend 3.33 will go simply to protect their otaku interests.

Even online, they can't be honest and admit hat 3.33 is a garbage movie.
>>
>>151524115
That's besides the point since 3.33 is the 19th highest grossing and the highest grossing Eva film this chart is also missing several factors like the date and the amount of theaters they opened in. This chart is just worthless.
>>
>>151524322
How can you say my interpretation is invalid and then say something like:

>and yet they still emotionally badger and threaten Shinji

Everyone either completely ignores Shinji or avoids him except Sakura. The crew is obviously distressed that they have to deal with him again, but they're not really directly mad at him. If they were, then they would've killed him right off the bat. The whole scene with Shinji getting away is really important in conveying the actual thoughts of the characters. Misato avoids killing him intentionally. Ritsuko doesn't even pressure her into killing him despite standing next to her, knowing full well the consequences.

Yes, it seems kind of ridiculous that they're so rude towards him considering the consequences if he betrays them. But they have to act that way or risk having the rest of the crew who didn't emotionally bond with Shinji 14 years ago lose faith in their commanders.
>>
File: IMG_0026.gif (2MB, 266x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0026.gif
2MB, 266x240px
My God, do I hate Anno, what a troll
>completely idiotic plot
>fanfic-tier writing
>FUCKING HOUR OF HOMO PIANO LESSONS
>FUCKING HOUR OF HOMO PIANO
>m-muh third impact
>m-muh Shinji's at fault
>Mari shitting all over the place with her mere presence (completely pointless shitty character)
>soft pink or whatever it's called faggots all over the place
>kaworufags are shitting again
>Asuka becomes literally who
>Rei becomes literally what
>overly faggy voice work
>m-muh sequel
>A FUCKING HOUR DUDE
>m-muh Nadia references
The only thing that can save this shitfest is a decent final. I hope it will be as kino as "Until You Come to Me"
>>
Here's another graph comparing the two, this time with cumulative earnings.

3.33 flatlines quickly, while Your Name shows consistent growth.

>>151524591
You say it's worthless because you don't like the facts. Regardless of the numbers, the trends of the graph tell a story on their own.

3.33 being the highest grossing movie doesn't say much due to the circumstances, which had a lot of hype from 2.22 and enormous advertising.
>>
>>151522186
I'd love to read your post OP, but unfortunately 3.33 is beyond any conventional criticism that anyone on this board is qualified to make about it, because, simply put, it was a movie that was made for you to hate. It's the film's entire purpose to piss off you and everyone else who fell for the 2.22 meme movie. Anno is a genius and 3.33 proves what he had always believed about the Eva fanbase and Otaku in general.
>>
>>151524625
Maybe I am just starting to suffer from stockholm syndrome but I have really come to appreciate 3.33. I don't know what to call it but it is pure undiluted Anno.

Once again he looked every otaku in the face, called them out, and beat them over the head with a baseball bat. It was beautiful
>>
>>151524605
>How can you say my interpretation is invalid

Because it is. Your objection there just demonstrates my point. You claim everyone "ignores shinji except sakura", but the facts are that he is ordered to the bridge at gunpoint, treated in a dismissive manner, only to be summoned to an interrogation chamber where multiple crew members including Asuka, Misato and Ritsuko gather around to threaten him or badger him.

That's why your interpretation is invalid, you're lying to me and yourself. There is really one rational answer here, and you're trying to avoid it as hard as you can: the movie sucked.

You're making stuff up, refusing to accept what you saw. The things you say, like
>But they have to act that way or risk having the rest of the crew who didn't emotionally bond with Shinji 14 years ago lose faith in their commanders.

makes no sense whatsoever.
>>
>>151524701
>I'd love to read your post OP, but unfortunately 3.33 is beyond any conventional criticism that anyone on this board is qualified to make about it, because, simply put, it was a movie that was made for you to hate

...aaand you just disqualified yourself. This board is far more qualified than you or any other group you pick out by the looks of it. Why? Because you've conveniently forgotten to mention the indisputable fact that 3.33 was made to be loved by e.g Kaworu fans, who had the biggest helping of Kaworu service in the entire franchises history.

>>151524754
b8
>>
>>151524676
you forgot to attach the graph
>>
File: boxoffice2.png (33KB, 1095x805px) Image search: [Google]
boxoffice2.png
33KB, 1095x805px
>>151524866
>>151524676
That I did.
>>
File: 1458096782272.jpg (197KB, 1275x715px) Image search: [Google]
1458096782272.jpg
197KB, 1275x715px
>>151522186
Should i watch the rebuilds?
>>
>>151524056
>Their behavior is totally rational if this is their understanding, and the only main cast with further understanding of events who interact with him are Misato, Ritsuko, and Sakura.
In all honesty it was one of the most irrational movies I'd seen so far, and in before watch more anime.
Honestly, if the whole cast just stopped what they were doing for half an hour, so the characters could set up an improvised stage with lights and instruments and do a musical number, their behavior wouldn't have been any less rational for doing it.
Why did Misato implant her de facto son with a bomb? After not seeing him for X years? Why is Gendo living in a ruined building like a Madao? Why does no one talk to anyone or try to resolve or negotiate things? No one acts like that. Did the script writers just sit down and roleplay the characters, writing down the stupidest things that came to mind?
>>
>>151524676
>You say it's worthless because you don't like the facts
Nope because your missing key information like number of theaters, competition, etc. If anything you don't like facts because you're downplaying that 3.33 is the highest grossing film in the franchise by comparing it to a fucking abnormality like fucking Your Name as evidence for nothing.
>>
>>151524938
3.33 gets a couple of millions in lead on YourName, but just plummets from thereon and loses badly.
>>
I liked 3.33 for trying to do something different, it was pretty much what happened after instrumentality, and now mankind is in a post apocalyptic situation.

the problem is that Anno did an awful job at introducing the world, and since it's a timeskip, everyone's character is brand new, and should've been properly introduced and fleshed out. it makes it very unnerving as the viewer but also alot of the decisions that are made by shinji don't really make that much sense either.

I can only hope that 3.0 +1.0 covers alot of this bullshitery
>>
>>151524056
Remember also that those crew glaring at Shinji aren't shown interacting with the other Children and the choker was something they already had, they didn't invent that for him. It's conspicuously not established that Shinji is being singled out outside of his own stupid head.
>>
File: 1477994076055.jpg (31KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477994076055.jpg
31KB, 624x480px
>>151524115
>>151524676
>Comparing a film from different time intervals with different screening intervals as a point

What exactly are you trying to prove?
>>
>>151524970
>Why did Misato implant her de facto son with a bomb?
Last time he piloted eva he nearly ended the world, it was to stop him in the event it happened again, she says as much
>Why is Gendo living in a ruined building like a Madao?
After he went on magical donkey adventure he is still trying to be reunited with his waifu after world almost ended
>Why does no one talk to anyone or try to resolve or negotiate things
With respect to Shinji, because they don't care about him, they don't feel the need to explain, because he is just a tool for them to achieve their objective and they don't trust mr I am so selfish I want to destroy the world
>>
What is the point of Mari's existence in the whole series? Why did she even appear? Just for the sake of fanservice? It's the only character that really annoys me. Don't answer with dumb theories like "she's Asuka's child/mom" or whatever other bullshit, she makes no fucking sense at all.
>>
>>151524986
>Nope because your missing key information like number of theaters, competition, etc

All I hear is butthurt whining. None of your complaints actually matter as described earlier, the rather large dataset so far speaks volumes, and like I said, even discarding the concrete numbers and looking it at it relatively, there is no getting around the fact that

3.33 LITERALLY LOST HALF IT'S AUDIENCE AFTER THE FIRST SHOWING

DESPITE ENDLESS TWITTER BOASTINGS OF KAWORU FANS AND OTHER IDIOTS SAYING HOW THEY ARE REWATCHING IT EVERY SINGLE WEEK

>>151525036
>I liked 3.33 for trying to do something different,

That's like saying you like the McRib coming back for "doing something different". Basically you don't understand the difference and much less what it means.
>>
>>151525087
>>151524986
>>151524591

You realize you're being extremely childish, right? You're basically voiding all and every single movie list, INCLUDING the one you're promoting (MUH 19TH PLACE!) because guess what, those also were aired under different circumstances with differing numbers of screens and more.
>>
>>151525109
read the rest of the >>151525036
post idiot
>>
File: 1482369618856.jpg (633KB, 1226x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1482369618856.jpg
633KB, 1226x1500px
>>151525105
>What is the point of Mari's existence

She is a thomasson
>>
>>151524760
>you're lying to me and yourself. There is really one rational answer here, and you're trying to avoid it as hard as you can: the movie sucked.
It couldn't be helped, I read this part in Asuka's voice.
>>
>>151525105
red herring

if it doesn't get resolved in 3.0 + 1.0, she's useless
>>
>>151525109
>All I hear is butthurt whining
Yeah from you.
>3.33 LITERALLY LOST HALF IT'S AUDIENCE AFTER THE FIRST SHOWING
Hilariously enough its drop is quite normal so you're literally making a big deal out of nothing.
>>151525142
Pointing out the flaw in your information is the opposite of being childish. You downplaying and ignoring everything is in fact quite childish and doesn't change the fact that 3.0 made more money than most anime films make in a lifetime and using Your Name as an comparison is a ridiculous strawman.
>>
>>151525163
I did read it, faggot. It just proves my point right, the idea that you at all think what 3.33 did is recoverable in any conventional sense means you didn't understand a single thing of what 3.33 did or was.

Try again.

>>151525105
She was probably made because the writers wanted a character like that, and she ended up being the lesbian expansion pack for Asuka, so that the could make Asuka more popular. Sad how that works.
>>
>>151525142
>his and her circumstances
>>
>>151525259
3.33 still sucks as a movie, but the idea that it could've been a good movie, had anno not been a hack, is still valid, you autstic fuck
>>
>>151525253
>Pointing out the flaw in your information is the opposite of being childish.
You didn't point out any flaws, though. You just namedropped a couple of semi-relevant factors and then hypocritically push another "ranking" where none of those factors are applied.

Just bow out gracefully, you loon.
>>
>>151525314
>You didn't point out any flaws, though
You're missing number of theaters, dates they both came out among others. All of which are applicable.
>>
>>151525302
>3.33 still sucks as a movie, but the idea that it could've been a good movie, had anno not been a hack, is still valid, you autstic fuck

That doesn't make sense. 3.33 could have been good if it wasn't 3.33 at all? You can't have it both ways. 3.33 sucks and that's final, fantasizing about some 3.33 that doesn't suck isn't some form of defense. All you're doing is making it clear just how bad 3.33 was.

If we gave it another director, or "unhacked" Anno, 3.33 would simply not exist. The premise and the story isn't bad because of small directorial mistakes in executing it, the premise, the story and the execution itself exists precisely BECAUSE of Anno being a hack.

If we turned back time, slapped some sense into Anno, there'd be no Wunder, no timeskip, no nothing. All of those bad things exists because Anno wanted, like the hack he is, to push the story in a direction that didn't make sense.
>>
File: mulder doubt.jpg (45KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
mulder doubt.jpg
45KB, 600x450px
The power of Anno compels you. You will rike the movie even if you hate it. You will rike the movie even if it's made for you to hate yourself. That is the true nature of the Eva.
>>
>>151525370
None of them apply, and you've failed to give any form of counter to that fact. It's not enough to say "temperature", "screens", "type of candy sold in the cinema" or any of the billions of factors that apply, you actually need to argue WHY the absence of the factors you point out actually produce a flaw. Which you haven't. Which is what makes you a dumb child, just now you're showcasing just how unintelligent the average 3.33 fan is. I can only hope you're not the "average", and just extremely stupid.

Anyway, you're never getting over the fact that you've already crushed your own argument by citing some unsourced "top 19" list where 3.33 apparently ranks last.

Just bow out gracefully.
>>
>>151525105
She is the antithesis of the other characters. Unlike the other characters, she's just having fun.
>>
>>151525429
you are autistic

3.33 as a concept is pretty cool, returning to the world of eva, After instrumentality has been completed, means that you return to a world where only those who wish to live in the real world exist. because of this they are still in a wasteland after what happened with instrumentality.

it makes complete sense

theres nothing wrong with introducing a timeskip, or introducing wunder, or a new direction. if you think that introducing new things into eva can't be done, then you're an idiot, because there are a ton of unexplained bullshit in eva, and there are a bunch of unexplained bullshit in the rebuilds

again, the problem is that anno doesn't know how to handle any of these new things. he thinks that people would understand character motivation because they understood the old characters, and that's completely off.

seriously, quit being an autistic faggot.
>>
>>151525105
She's tied to the other international Evangelion organization the UN sponsored instead of Nerv, which is tied to Seele not being the UN anymore, which is tied to Seele being disembodied intelligences from before civilization transmitting holograms from inside the New Nerv inverted pyramid, none of which is guaranteed an explanation.
>>
File: 1479663133100.jpg (30KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479663133100.jpg
30KB, 720x480px
>>151524938
>>151524115
>223 theaters
Your Name
>301 theaters added more after August and will being showing in 4DX and IMAX

This is also not pointing out the fact that 3.0 opened up against One Piece Movie Z within the same timeframe which opened NATIONWIDE while Your Name had virtually no competition until the new Death Note movie moved it from the top spot but was back up again the following week due to adding more theaters.
>>151525506
>None of them apply,
Because you say so right? That's basic rubric retard. You just ignored the factors involved in both films to better suit your argument and when someone calls you out on it you want to call fowl without proving otherwise. 3.0 had a fairly normal drop after a then record breaking opening given, Your Name grew and grew through word of the mouth and is considered an abnormality. Comparing the two makes no fucking sense unless you were trying to prove a point somehow.
>>
>>151525105
I think she was originally supposed to be the "trigger" to indicate that Rebuild was going off the rails. Her appearance signified the first major divergence of the plot (S-DAT track skipping, etc).

I don't think she was created COMPLETELY for fanservice, but I'll still be upset if 3.0 + 1.0 comes out and we still don't know why some random Britbong teenager was working with Kaji.
>>
>>151525656
No man, sorry to tell you, but you're autistic. What you're talking about are just vague concepts that to a normal, ordinary person doesn't make sense at all. What you think is "cool" is something that only an autistic geek or frivolous otaku would find cool. It's something that doesn't intrinsically make sense, but is only cool for a niche. It doesn't make sense, and you've somehow convinced yourself that it does - I'm here to shed some light on the whole situation for you.

Someone who's autistic or just obsessed with EVA wouldn't actually care about the cohesiveness or quality of the work, like you they'd just care that "it's more EVA". Well, it's not enough anon. It can't just add a ton of stuff and then be good, you need to work it into the story and make it work first, just like NGE did.

Anno knows very well how to do all of this. He just doesn't want to, because he wants to cater to an audience that is like himself, and doesn't have very high standards, much less normal standards for cinema.
>>
>>151525803
>after all this time I was arguing with an anno dick sucker

makes sense
>>
>>151525703
Again, not a relevant factor here as you've failed to provide a reason. 3.33 also lost screens at some points here due to it's loss of popularity. You bring up One Piece Z, a movie with substantially less advertising and hype, which by the way - beat 3.33 at the box office.

Not only that, it's irrelevant as 3.33's audience was halved twice before One Piece Z was even premiered. 3.33 does not have a normal audience loss, it loses half it's audience, remember? You mention One Piece Z, which had an even larger opening, but still had higher audience retention than 3.33 in all subsequent weeks including the opening weekend.

Like I said, you're grasping for straws here and that's why you should gracefully bow out. You're just embarrasing yourself at this point.
>>
>>151525861
>implying I'm sucking Anno's dick

The guy is a complete hack and has been for years and years now. He has talent for directing, but he is completely and utterly uninterested in pursuing his talents because he'd rather please himself.
>>
>>151526004
>he has talent for directing

no he doesn't you fucking autist
>>
File: godzilla.jpg (92KB, 409x628px) Image search: [Google]
godzilla.jpg
92KB, 409x628px
>>151526004
>he is completely and utterly uninterested in pursuing his talents

but he did the new godzilla film and it was excellent, even the repurposed music from NGE was great
>>
>>151525958
>3.33 also lost screens at some points here due to it's loss of popularity
This never happens. Films get pulled from theaters when they're closed to their home release. 3.0 are in theaters until February 2 months before its BD/DVD release.
>You bring up One Piece Z, a movie with substantially less advertising and hype
I'm going to assume you're a shitposter at this point.
>>
>>151526097
Come on now. He's rehashing Evangelion and forcing it into Godzilla, and you're STILL giving him praise?

All Godzilla movies sans the first one are shit tier flicks, and the new Godzilla is no different.
>>
>>151522186
>Almost 2017
>Still using (You)
>>
>>151525656
>again, the problem is that anno doesn't know how to handle any of these new things. he thinks that people would understand character motivation because they understood the old characters, and that's completely off.
I'd say the problem is actually that Anno had less involvement in 3.0 than in previous Eva works. The direction seems to have been split fairly evenly between him and Kazuya Tsurumaki (who directed FLCL and Diebuster).

Which is probably why the beginning of the film has such shaky direction. Tsurumaki was doing a lot of work and has a habit of making things look vague yet flashy while having deeper meaning. If you thought of FLCL during the intro sequence (especially when 09 flies off with the cartoony rocket pack), it's probably because Tsurumaki was responsible for directing/storyboarding most of the beginning scenes.

Which makes sense, Anno probably chose to do that intentionally since he's not as good with whimsical shit like a giant fleet of ships being levitated by a living battlestation. It just happened to end up really messy and fuck up peoples' perception of the rest of the film.
>>
>>151526145
>This never happens. Films get pulled from theaters when they're closed to their home release. 3.0 are in theaters until February 2 months before its BD/DVD release.

It lost screens in december, 2012. The BD came out next year, in april.

>I'm going to assume you're a shitposter at this point.
I'm going to assume you're too much of a zealous fanboy to accept that all the facts prove you wrong.

>>151526204
>I'd say the problem is actually that Anno had less involvement in 3.0 than in previous Eva works.
Conjecture and fanwank.

It also isn't an argument because Anno has complete creative control over the entire project. He owns the studio, the rebuild project, and he's the chief writer and director with a proven veto right on absolutely everything that gets written in.
>>
File: ds-2.png (177KB, 580x387px) Image search: [Google]
ds-2.png
177KB, 580x387px
So, what route do you think the final movie will take?

The increasingly common bullshit magic reset button to give everyone a happy ending (time travel, rewriting reality etc)

The "hero" sacrifices himself to give everyone else a happy ending via bullshit magic reset button.

The depressing, but not complete bullshit, route where the characters just have to live on in the world that has been created in the previous 3 movies. (I know, I know, actions having consequences, gasp)

The everyone dies, look how edgy we are ending.
>>
>>151525958
>as you've failed to provide a reason. 3.33 also lost screens at some points here due to it's loss of popularity.
Films don't lost screenings due to lost in popularity retard.
>You bring up One Piece Z, a movie with substantially less advertising and hype
You're quite stupid to believing this and I already mentioned that One Piece Z beat it because it opened a week later

>it's irrelevant as 3.33's audience was halved twice before One Piece Z was even premiered.
Z opened in 3.0's second week. It lost the majority of its audience share because Z opened in more theater.

> 3.33 does not have a normal audience loss, it loses half it's audience, remember?
Z lost over 50% of its audience after the first week, exactly the same as 3.0.
>>
I don't understand the hate 3.0 gets relative to how people view 2.0

2.0 is literally Infinite Stratos-tier schlock. It's an embarrassment to the franchise and something obviously made for people who did not like the original Evangelion to begin with. 3.0, while not good, at least feels like a film instead of a bunch of chapters mashed together. Saying it 'ruined' Rebuild implies it wasn't ruined from the very beginning (including the straight recap from 1.0 that is wholly inferior to the original TV show in every conceivable way -yes, including visuals-). At least 3.0 attempted to recreated the outraged fan reactions from back in 1996 instead of continuing the trend of being safe, marketable, milquetoast notEva for 21st century otaku trash.
>>
>>151523532
I'm an an Asukafag and I hate rebuilds, desu.
>>
>>151526176
>IT'S
>CURRENT
>YEAR
>>
>>151526296
>It lost screens in december, 2012.
It had the exact same 223 theaters up until February.
>>151526296
>The BD came out next year, in april.
April 2013 2 months after its final theaterical release.

>I'm going to assume you're too much of a zealous fanboy to accept that all the facts prove you wrong.
No, YOU are wrong to assume that a One Piece movie would have less hype and adverts with its immense popularity
>>
File: boxoffice3.png (44KB, 1095x805px) Image search: [Google]
boxoffice3.png
44KB, 1095x805px
Here's 2.22 for good measure.

As we can see, 3.33 is extremely front-loaded due to the massive hype coming from 2.22. The audience was, as we can all remember, extremely excited about Rebuild before 3.33 came out.

That's where the majority of it's profits came from, and eventually it actually performs worse than 2.22, despite having "more screens" as our autistic 3.33 friend here points out.

In addition, 3.33 never outsold 2.22's first week sales in blurays and dvd's. That's right, even after four years now, 3.33 never sold more than what 2.22 did in it's first week.

Moreover, if you want to buy 3.33 new from Amazon right now, you'll be paying less than half the price of 2.22.

The story tells itself here, people were excited about 3.33 watched it, got disappointed due to how bad it was. But they had already spent 90 minutes in the cinema and money they were never getting back, which contributed to the frontloaded box office of 3.33. Basically, they got jewed hard by Anno.
>>
>>151526343
>I don't understand the hate 3.0 gets relative to how people view 2.0

Because you make up fake, untrue and dumb shit like
>2.0 is literally Infinite Stratos-tier schlock. It's an embarrassment to the franchise and something obviously made for people who did not like the original Evangelion to begin with. 3.0, while not good, at least feels like a film instead of a bunch of chapters mashed together. Saying it 'ruined' Rebuild implies it wasn't ruined from the very beginning (including the straight recap from 1.0 that is wholly inferior to the original TV show in every conceivable way -yes, including visuals-). At least 3.0 attempted to recreated the outraged fan reactions from back in 1996 instead of continuing the trend of being safe, marketable, milquetoast notEva for 21st century otaku trash.

Which makes no sense.
>>
File: miyazaki.jpg (21KB, 250x302px) Image search: [Google]
miyazaki.jpg
21KB, 250x302px
"Rebuild was a mistake, it's nothing but trash"

-Hideaki Anno
>>
>>151526433
>Dec. 8–9 4 $2,273,078 -50.0% 128 -95
>128 -95
>128

128 is 223 now? Huh.
>>
>>151526157
I bet you haven't even seen it.
>>
>>151526433
You're just moving goalpoasts and reaching. First it was "oh no, one piece z was the competition, that's why 3.33 lost half it's audience twice waah", and then it gets pointed out that one piece didn't actually open until after that had happened, you default to saying "oh but one piece is so biig"!".

Get a grip.
>>
>>151526588
I bet you're struggling to not accept that Anno is a hack, and the only reason you watched a bad movie is because you're in love with Anno and wants his dick. That's also why you convice yourself that a literal monster flick with incestuous pop culture references was at any point good.
>>
Wish I got my own mecha
>>
>>151526343
Basically this >>151526471

How could someone even write something like this? It was a sarcastic post, right? You were trying to be ironic? Because if you were being genuine, I honestly don't know what to say. The exact OPPOSITE of that post is true.
>>
>>151526701
me too
>>
>>151526645
I haven't seen it, I just don't think you have either.
>>
>2.22 costs more than twice as much than 3.33 in 2016
>3.33 costs even less than 1.11

3.33 is the Brendan Fraser of anime. JUST
>>
>>151526739
me three
>>
>>151526471
>>151526716
You didn't say anything. Probably because people who think 2.0 (or really, Rebuild as a whole) is anything other than a mediocre marketing stunt don't really find themselves with much worthwhile to defend it.
>>
File: evil nazi fuyutsuki.jpg (66KB, 500x453px) Image search: [Google]
evil nazi fuyutsuki.jpg
66KB, 500x453px
>>151525803
For a movie that relies heavily on visual storytelling, the worst thing that can be done is to bombard the viewer with things that are "more eva" or "like eva but better". Another thing that destroys cohesion and (sorry for using it) immersion is bombarding the viewer with references or hommage. They mean nothing to someone who just came for a story, and only mean something to geeks who can feel pride for recognizing them.

If you have an alien environment that you are describing visually instead of using lore or narration, it has to be introduced gradually. It has to develop as en extendion of the characters, and as a character in its own right. The characters have to start surrounded by visual elements the audience can relate to, and elements that are new, dangerous or unfamilliar to the audience need to be built up over the course of the movie.
Notice how Road Warrior starts with just a man travelling with his dog, and how the Thing and Alien both start a normal day at work, and then the world and the characters are described visually and in a gradual manner. 3.33 just throws that out of the window and bombards the viewer with a ton of visual elements that are given little context. There is also no neutral starting point from which the world can be defined and built upon. Then the movie stops and there's an hour of Elven John, so please disregard the weird flying people eating thing from before. But I digress, if people can defend that and accept it as good in order to fit in or whatever, then there's no point for me to write anything. I mean, they made Eva Idols, Eva in the style of a 3d rpg, and Until you come to me. People ate all of it like it was the second coming. Over and out.
>>
>>151526920
First off, there's no need to defend 2.22 to assert that 3.33 is liquid shit in movie format. Secondly, you're still retarded for not seeing why people don't like 3.33.
>>
>>151527007
But I understand why people don't like 3.33. I even said that it wasn't good. My post is about 2.22 and the comparative fan reception to both movies. How most people who are "outraged" at 3.33 were hyped by 2.22's soulless shit and feel like the new movie ruined it for them.
>>
>>151526906
me 04
bonus if production type or provisional
>>
>>151522817
No. ONLY WATCH 1.0 AND 2.0 and 4.0 if you see the rebuilds.

3.33 and the end of 2.0 takes place in shinjis mind like a LSD induced dream
>>
>>151526922
Precisely. The next step is then to ask why 3.33 is such a cluster of inane concepts, and then analyze each concept to see how they fit together if at all.

The answer was apparent from the get go, everything ever done in 3.33 is solely to benefit some of the characters in the cast, these characters being Asuka and Kaworu. Which just makes the movie all that much worse, it'd be better if it was just plain bad.

>>151527063
No, you really don't. Watch NGE. You'll find that for more than half of the story, it's more lighthearted than Rebuild was at the end of 2.22. What you call "pandering" isn't actually pandering as much as it is par for the course.

People plainly didn't like 3.33. Even if they weren't excited for 3.33, they'd go to watch it and then be greeted by a bunch of gibberish just like >>151526922
describes.

In comparison, 2.22 is a nice and relatively family friendly movie with themes everyone can relate to at some point.
>>
>>151523039
NO

Rebuilds fucking ruined my waifu (Asuka) personality. All she is now is angry all the time!
>>
>>151527167
NGE is only 'lighthearded' in that sense for 2 episodes, 9 and 10. It's not about how dark it gets though, it's about being a quality show, which 2.22 isn't.
>>
>>151527231
I don't agree at all with how few episodes you've labeled as light hearted, since the entire first half arguably is. Agree or not, episode 9 and 10 both take place close to where 1.11 ends, so it makes sense to have lightheartedness in 2.22 anyway. Also

>it's about being a quality show, which 2.22 isn't.

not an argument.

I take it that you've understood why you're wrong now?
>>
>>151526157
You seem very upset. What did Anno do to hurt you so badly anon?
>>
>>151527297
I haven't, because I'm right.

Also I don't want to talk to you and your insane ramblings so yeah
>>
>>151527369
I don't see what makes you think I'm upset? It's just that, what if George Lucas made a new Star Trek movie and he uses the Star Wars theme, or something?

He'd be called a hack by everyone. I think the same standards should apply to Anno.
>>
>>151527437
>used a theme
>this means he rehashed Evangelion and forced it into another franchise
no?

or do you really think typical Anno directorial quirks mean he's "rehashing eva"?
>>
>>151527465
That is what it means. Rather than create something new, he inserts Evangelion into it as if he couldn't stop himself. He wanted the EVA audience who you can lure by simply slapping EVA on top of something, and he got it. The proof? You.
>>
The Eva movies look terrible. When I see people writing about it they go on about the awesome fight scenes but to me they are just really crappy CG demos. Some parts feel like the result of a Blender tutorial - "here we just add some random shapes so deep". The hand drawn art isn't great either, it's too glossy.
>>
>>151527465
Copying from one franchise and adding it to another is hardly copying. When an author repeats himself in either style, direction or themes, even across franchises and stories, it's safe to say he or she is rehashing.

>>151527535
Agreed. It looks bad despite the huge budget.
>>
>>151527510
No, that is not what it means. Plenty of people who don't even know who Anno is liked the new Godzilla movie.

>>151527535
Everything about them is terrible, but I guess money
>>
>>151527557
>When an author repeats himself in either style, direction or themes, even across franchises and stories, it's safe to say he or she is rehashing.
Holy shit.

Miyazaki, Oshii, Kurosawa, Scorsesse, Shakespeare, Sophocles, etc. CONFIRMED for hacks. Resident autistic reifag agrees.
>>
>>151527437
When will anons stop creating hypothetical scenarios that are completely unreleated to the discussion at hand, and then say that the hypothetical scenario is bad and therefore the scenario in the discussion at hand is also bad?

This is really ignorant and only serves to distract from the discussion (aka shitposting).
>>
File: download.jpg (165KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
165KB, 1024x640px
Is Anno and the Kojima of anime?
>>
>>151527569
>No, that is not what it means. Plenty of people who don't even know who Anno is liked the new Godzilla movie.

Sure, and I suppose you can back that up with hard facts? You can't, and even then you'd have to account for the fact that the Godzilla audience hardly cares about Anno, so there's now two zealous fanbases into this movies making excuses for it.

You've got the Eva/Anno fanboys (you), and the Godzilla fanboys. The co-director, Shinji Higuchi puts it well: he knows the Godzilla movies are bad, but he loves them anyway. That's how otaku (and you) roll. There's no use in denying it, be like Shinji and man up to tell the truth.
>>
I just want a new Eva TV show with lots of silly conspiracy theories to speculate about.
>>
>>151527627
You think there's many that would disagree? Miyazaki in particular has rehashed the young girl protagonist for decades. Everybody knows it.
>>
Shinkai > Miyazaki > Anno
>>
>>151527297
You always need to have the human element in a horror or a thriller. You need to have the characters socialize, laugh and kiss, or just have a day at work, otherwise the horror elements won't make sense. Something that's just danger and despair top to bottom will just cause the viewers to lose interest.
>>
>>151527732
Which is where the first half of Rebuild and NGE comes in. We show the characters in normal or slightly amusing scenarios to get a feel for the characters. We see them take a field trip to an aquarium, or we see them dance a contrived twister routine to defeat an unholy abomination from the heavens.
>>
>>151527722
Shinkai made one good movie (if people are to believed and his recent work is actually good)
>>
>>151527722
So far, it's Miyazaki > Shinkai > Anno for me.

Miyazaki has made some varied and interesting stuff, Shinkai needs to expand some.
>>
>>151522186
Unless 4.0 is so good that it manages to completely redeem 3.3, will Anno go down in history as the George Lucas of anime?
>>
>>151527649
Heh, someone actually did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAoACQuLPyo
>>
Why did they have to give him a black and blue plugsuit in the Rebuilds. Now I've got second thoughts every time I go diving, just because I saw a movie I didn't even like.
>>
File: 1364493719477.png (8KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
1364493719477.png
8KB, 211x246px
>lolwut timeskip
>everybody hates Shinji for some reason
>giant stupid flying ship
>jetpack eva
>cat eva
>LMAO 2 SPEAR
>no plot
>Mari is still literal who
What were they thinking?
>>
>>151528291
Because it's dark and edgy.
>>
File: 1410900596867.jpg (86KB, 589x637px) Image search: [Google]
1410900596867.jpg
86KB, 589x637px
>liking 3.0
>>
>>151527535
>Some parts feel like the result of a Blender tutorial
They put like no effort into 3D rendering at all. They only bothered putting basics shaders and call it a day.
>>
>>151526510
>Dec. 1–2 2 $4,542,026 -34.8% 223
Whelp

>Jan. 26–27 10 $364,351 +42.9% 177 +53 $2,058 $59,322,115 11
>Feb. 2–3 12 $204,437 -43.9% 144

Well what do you know? 3.0 actually added more screens due to popularity? I guess you're full of shit

>>151526604
Here's a (you) autist. It must hurt being BTFO as hard as you did.
>>
>>151528022
>will Anno go down in history as the George Lucas of anime?
After he revived people's interest in Godzilla and made the 2014 American remake look like absolute shit in comparison? Do you really think people care what disgruntled Reifags think now?
>>
>>151529815
>no source
You lose. Not even did you fuck that up, here's the screens lost:
>Dec. 8–9 4 $2,273,078 -50.0% 128 -95 $17,758 $50,391,935 4

You just posted this one, the week before:
>Dec. 1–2 2 $4,542,026 -34.8% 223 - $20,368 $45,941,926 3

I mean, just how much of a loser are you really?
>Well what do you know? 3.0 actually added more screens due to popularity? I guess you're full of shit

144 is now greater than 223 and thus "adding more screen" according to you, sad sad. Here's what adding screens looks like:
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/intl/?country=JP&id=_fONEPIECEFILMZ01

Started at 300. Ended at 307. Rebuild 3.33 started at 223, ended at 144.

Basically, you got blown the fuck out loser.
>>
>>151529926
>Godzilla (2014) $200,676,069
>Shin Godzilla (2016) $76,029,204

ANNO
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
File: 1411508654049.jpg (46KB, 628x476px) Image search: [Google]
1411508654049.jpg
46KB, 628x476px
>>151529926
>Haha, look 3.33 so great gaise
>actually, it peformed like shit despite a huge handicap and the entire audience all but abandoned it
>s-hut up no one cares what u think!!1

>asukafags
>yfw
>>
>>151530150

>Godzilla 2014 opens globally with a 160 million dollar budget, barely breaks even

>Shin Godzilla opens primarily in Japan and across a smattering of US theaters with a 15 million dollar budget, makes nearly 5 times the budget

There is no bigger faggot on this planet than (((you))).
>>
>>151530400
200 > 76

Sorry kiddo. Just kill yourself already, your parents won't miss you.
>>
File: JXvtj.jpg (8KB, 368x276px) Image search: [Google]
JXvtj.jpg
8KB, 368x276px
>>151530469

Oh fuck you're right, I went back and re checked the number. Factoring advertising and promotions, Godzilla 2014's budget was actually

>225 million

So Zilla 14 ended up LOSING 25 million.

>mfw merica cant into a godzilla movie in this or even last century
>>
>>151530657
>Even more goalposts
Your parents can't wait for you to be gone.
>>
I don't understand how or why people dislike the rebuilds
Were people that butthurt over their waifus?
>>
>>151531095
People like the rebuilds because of waifus.
>>
>>151531228
I always see people being butthurt about "Anno ruining muh waifu"
>waaaah Asuka changed her name
>waaaah Misato is a bitch
>waaaah Rei is emotionless
It's so annoying
>>
>>151531228
No one actually says that. But people will defend the Rebuilds with all their might because it also means defending their waifus.

What Anno did with the Rebuilds, was to glorify Kaworu and Asuka, whilst demeaning Shinji and Rei.

Thus you get this divide.
>>
File: oWHe5hp.png (362KB, 547x925px) Image search: [Google]
oWHe5hp.png
362KB, 547x925px
Why was 3.0 so rushed and scattered compared to the first 2 movies? The original preview at the end of 2.0 looked promising, but instead they went with a clusterfuck that made little sense and barely furthered the plot by the end of the movie. How did it go so wrong?
>>
>>151531095
Because they simply don't measure up to the original. One and two are a worse TTGL with Eva characters, and three is an anti-movie. See >>151526922
>>
>>151531095
There's nothing to like about them. As a series of 3 consecutive movies it's a complete disaster as well.
>1.11
>So I've watched the first bunch of episodes from the TV series but with CGI, now what?
>2.22
>Just throws following the TV series out of the window and does it's own random thing. Arguably watchable and ends on an interesting cliffhanger
>3.33
>completely fucking fails to follow up on anything that 2.22 brought to the table. Plot loses any coherence or sense of direction, replaced with Mari, CGI flying ships and gay piano. Most of they key elements that made the show are forgotten altogether.
>>
>>151531589

Because Anno.
>>
File: 1482508667452.jpg (10KB, 314x237px) Image search: [Google]
1482508667452.jpg
10KB, 314x237px
>>151531228
She was better when she was presented a person than when she became a waifubot. Passionate and genuinely interesting, someone trying to live and to overcome her suicidal drive.
>>
>>151531589
2.0's production was pretty complicated too, though. The preview at the end of 1.0 is different to the actual movie. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens with the 4.0 preview. But that would be good, because the FrankenEva looks completely retarded.
>>
>>151531898
2.22's preview wasn't all that different. A different background for Mari, but it was all explosions anyway.
>>
>tfw really like Mari's personality and design
>tfw she still has no character
i want off this fucking ride
>>
>>151531613
I don't see how they're a worse TTGL
And I realize that the average person is stupid, and that half the people are even more stupid, but how can you be "overwhelmed" by 3.33?
Really how? Everything gets explained and what doesn't simply means that it'll be explained in the next one
>>151531645
1.11 is like the first episodes of Eva but more polished and with a much cooler Ramiel battle
If you liked the original it's pretty great
2.22 is just plain fun
Mari was a much needed character that didn't just have constant mental breakdowns and was refreshing. The battles were great, the humor, music, art were great as well. And the final scene when Shinji mans up was probably the highest point in the entire franchise until now
3.33 was pretty good
Plot is pretty good, the struggle of the survivors is nice, the flying ship was a homage, and I'm sorry the piano scene triggered you delicate sensibilities
>>
>>151532045
>3.33 was pretty good
>Plot is pretty good, the struggle of the survivors is nice, the flying ship was a homage, and I'm sorry the piano scene triggered you delicate sensibilities

aaaaaaand you blew it. Sorry but if you want to shit up the thread with bullshit and lies, you need to go back to /cm/ or some other shitspace.
>>
>>151531852
Asuka is completely different character, fucking Japanese hate complicated characters so they just turned her into a generic tsundere waifu.
>>
I liked when they told Shinji not to do the thing but he did the thing. Great plot
>>
>>151530150
Movies had completely different budgets, Shin was likely much more sucessful.
>>
>>151532172
What puzzles me is that no one has pieced it together that Shinji works entirely on reverse psychology. He's easy to manipulate if you say the direct opposite.
>get in the robot
>doesn't want to get in the robot
>okay don't get in the robot
>I WILL GET IN THE ROBOT
>for the love of god don't touch the fucking spears, Shinji
>NO CAN DO GOTTA GET THEM SPEARS
>>
>>151532170
Not quite. It's an universal thing.

See, the original Asuka was pathetic, weak, and didn't stack up well against Rei. This made Asuka fans insecure for ages, and their most popular doujin is actually a story where Asuka gains Angel powers and is "special" and "unique" like Rei.

The movies are much of the same thing.
>>
>>151532170
I heard somewhere it might not actually be the real her. But I don't give the Rebuilds that much depth.

>>151532045
Which plot was that? The tartan one? And I didn't even mention the pianos. Enjoy your hommage and plot, I want something else.
>>
>>151532495
Do you think they would do a metal gear plot twist and that "shikinami" is just a clone of Soryu?
>>
>>151532098
But why?
The plot is simple
>Shinji fucked things up really bad
>people hardly survived for 14 and resent him for fucking shit up
>but if Nerv gets Shinji he might do even more damage
>so take him prisoner
>Nerv manages to take him back
>Shinji nearly fucks up the world again
>the end
>>151532316
Gendo knows it
>go away Shinji you're useless
>NO I'M AN EVA PILOT, I WANT TO PILOT IT
>"haha, it always works"
>attack Eva 03 Shinji
>NO I WON'T DO IT
>"good, now I can test the dummy plug"
>>
>>151532562
>The plot is simple

The "plot" you described doesn't make sense given what we see.
>>
>>151532559
Anno doesn't give the audience that much credit. He might throw some hints or confusing remarks, but the movie is just going to be 2 hours of pretty pictures and "fun".
At least we got Shin Gojira. He's not a hack by any means, he simply doesn't see us as worthy of too much effort or attention. Just like Gendo.
>>
>>151532686
Why?
What didn't you understand?
>>
>>151532562
>>151532952
I understood it perfectly. You didn't.

>The plot is simple
Okay then, let's review.

>Shinji fucked things up really bad
mmhwell, no. NERV fucked up things pretty bad. That includes at the time, Misato, Ritsuko and the rest who made Shinji pilot, and cheered for him to do what he did in 2.22.

>people hardly survived for 14 and resent him for fucking shit up
We don't really know if they hardly survived or anything. Then again, they should be resenting themselves and only NERV, as they know perfectly well Shinji was tricked.

>but if Nerv gets Shinji he might do even more damage
>so take him prisoner

So here's the problem, if they mistreat him then he's just likely to defect to NERV because as they know, Shinji thinks NERV are the good guys. Sort of a problem, and even with 14 years to think about it, they still failed. Doesn't make sense.

Then there's the whole "Shinji becoming emotionally distressed makes impacts" thing, and then it makes even less sense to abuse Shinji.

>Shinji nearly fucks up the world again
Arguably, Shinji is so lost at this point that the only one who can actually be said to have fucked up the world would be:

-Gendo (for actively trying)
-Kaworu (for simply letting it happen)
-Asuka (for doing the one thing she's not supposed to do, anger Shinji while in an EVA)

Then the end comes, and 3.33 is officially the worst rated Eva movie ever.
>>
>>151524115
>that drop

TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOOOOOWN
>>
>>151530657
>>151530994

If we're talking money, Godzilla '14 made close to 530 million on a reported budget of 160 million. Deducting promotion and other costs, its net profit wasn't too high, and worldwide attendance fell like a rock after its opening. Since it was a hyped-up Hollywood flick, it gave Godzilla new public recognition, which was hampered by its mediocre performance and by extremely mixed viewer reactions. It also under-performed in Japan.

Anno's Godzilla made 78 million on a 15 million budget (for which I have yet to see a legit source). It got a successful but limited US run and hit screens for a very short time only in a handful of other countries. It was a huge hit in Japan, it revitalized the Japanese giant movie genre, so altogether it's a comparatively more successful movie. But it had no chance for a wide release, so much like most other Japanese Godzilla films, it remains a niche movie that the general audience won't ever know about.
>>
>>151533074
Shinji fucked things up, he got desperate to save Rei and awakened the Eva not NERV
That's on him, and Willie is probably just using him as a scapegoat but they don't care
They didn't expect for a fucking Eva to show up and take him away, and they thought that Shinji would never actually leave no matter how much abuse he faces, look at every other time
I was surprised myself he, left I thought he'd back down but he wemt ahead
>>
>>151533349
They kind of gave him a loaded gun on that one and told him to (not) use it. Except it was a gun modified to only fire backwards.
>>
>>151533349
>Shinji fucked things up, he got desperate to save Rei and awakened the Eva not NERV
Uh, no. Don't you remember?

NERV, the organization that's manufactured and enabled EVA's to become weapons of mass destruction, while also plotting to end the world using said EVA's? Hello? Didn't you catch the bit at the end where Gendo admits it was according to plan?

They're also the antagonists of 3.33, although WILLE is giving them good competition.

>That's on him, and Willie is probably just using him as a scapegoat but they don't care
Again, that doesn't make sense. Why scapegoat Shinji when they know perfectly well who the culprit is, and why choose Shinji as a scapegoat if they now it'll only cause them harm?

>They didn't expect for a fucking Eva to show up and take him away
Actually, they did. Ritsuko mentions that it was a possibility that NERV would come for him or need him.

>and they thought that Shinji would never actually leave no matter how much abuse he faces, look at every other time
Except the times when he did leave, and it did in fact cause trouble? Isn't that what started the whole predicament in the first place? Shinji left in 2.22, and then the world was ending at the hands of Zeruel, so he had to come back to save everyone?

Wait, did you forget they'd all be dead without Shinji?
>>
>>151526319
>The "hero" sacrifices himself to give everyone else a happy ending via bullshit magic reset button.
Hopefully this, fuck Shinji
>>
>>151533684
Gendo always says that, we don't even know what he's planning anymore
The whole "scapegoating" thing is illogical, no wonder it doesn't make sense, but basically they were part of NERV too, so instead of accepting their share of responsibility for what happened since they were also involved they just pushed it all on Shinji
Ritsuko says it's just a possibility, not that they'd certainly have a super strong Eva on them that soon, Mari blew the Eva's head off too but it just kept going
And Shinji always leaves and then comes crawling back, it's pretty much a running gag
>>
>>151533885
The ideal ending of Rebuild would be to have Shinji and Rei ritually sacrifice Kaworu, Asuka and Misato on an altar, stabbing them to death so that the Rebuild-verse can cease to exist.
>>
File: pathetic rei.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
pathetic rei.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>151522186
>unfunny blackhackman
>>
>>151534175
We should make some sort of bingo for all the stupid shit that could happen in 4.0 then play it when it airs in 2020.
>>
>>151534159
>Gendo always says that, we don't even know what he's planning anymore
Because 3.33 is a crock of shit. Regardless, Gendo is always right when he says that, and he was right this time.

>The whole "scapegoating" thing is illogical, no wonder it doesn't make sense, but basically they were part of NERV too, so instead of accepting their share of responsibility for what happened since they were also involved they just pushed it all on Shinji

Doesn't make sense either. It's been 14 years, and they know the truth, and they know they will fail if they pretend otherwise. Besides, there's literally nothing in 3.33 that suggests that, so that's all fanwank anyway.

>Ritsuko says it's just a possibility, not that they'd certainly have a super strong Eva on them that soon, Mari blew the Eva's head off too but it just kept going
Oh, so when Misato refers to "NERV with it's EVA's", and NERV is after them, they don't even have a small inkling that they might send one of them? Come on, don't you see this only gets dumber and dumber?
Besides, they knew. That's the irrefutable fact - therefore everything they do is downright unrealistic.

Here you go, some reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot_plot
>In literary criticism, an idiot plot is "a plot which is kept in motion solely by virtue of the fact that everybody involved is an idiot"[1] and where the story would otherwise be over if this were not the case.[2] It is a narrative where its conflict comes from characters not recognizing, or not being told, key information that would resolve the conflict, often because of plot contrivance. The only thing that prevents the conflict's resolution is the character's constant avoidance or obliviousness of it throughout the plot, even if it was already obvious to the viewer, so the characters are all "idiots" in that they are too obtuse to simply resolve the conflict immediately.

Except the solution is already obvious to the cast as well. It's the worst.
>>
File: notinmovie.jpg (1MB, 3840x3240px) Image search: [Google]
notinmovie.jpg
1MB, 3840x3240px
Mari's a secret angel that cast down Kaworu, 4.0 will explain everything just like End of Evangelion was to you retards who couldn't comprehend a single fucking thing without having it shoved down your throat and then everyone will pretend like they never hated 3.33 in the first place and praise Anno as a genius.

I can't wait to see Rei II defend her children.
>>
>>151534677
You're retarded.
>>
>>151534358
What is Gendo's plan?
Really, I don't know what he wants in the rebuilds, at the end of 3.33 he's satisfied so what's he trying to do?
They consider him responsible, and are mean to him, so they either mean it, or they're scapegoating him to avoid having to deal with the fact that it's their fault too
They can't know when, and how, they don't even know IF NERV still needs him
They don't know what Gendo's doing
How is everyone in 3.33 an idiot?
Shinji, Kaworu, Mari, Gendo and Fuyutski aren't idiots
This can arguably go for Rei and Asuka too
Only Misato acts really bitchy, not even dumb, just emotional
>>
>>151534751
>3.33
>Shinji isn't an idiot
You could've tried harder than that
>>
>>151534859
Why is he an idiot?
>>
>>151534751
>What is Gendo's plan? Really, I don't know what he wants in the rebuilds,
So where's that "ohmg so ez to understands wy dunt u understand?!" attitude now? You don't know anything.

>They consider him responsible, and are mean to him, so they either mean it, or they're scapegoating him to avoid having to deal with the fact that it's their fault too

Doesn't make sense given what we know is true. You're suggesting a retcon and fanwank to fix a broken plot. That's an automatic fail condition.

>They can't know when, and how, they don't even know IF NERV still needs him
Yet, Ritsuko says that's the case anyway. Clearly you're wrong here, and your assertion that "they couldn't know" is false. They DID know.

>They don't know what Gendo's doing
They don't need to know the specifics, they know that Gendo is their enemy and as their enemy, they have to fight and stop him. They are fighting a literal war here. No excuses.

>How is everyone in 3.33 an idiot?
How are they not? We've been over how WILLE are idiots, so let's look at the rest. SEELE? Just sat there and did nothing so Gendo could screw them over. Completely unlike the original, cunning SEELE.
Kaworu? Practically retarded. Apparently knows everything, but doesn't do shit about it either. Simply sits and waits for Shinji, and when he needs help in Terminal Dogma, he refuses to help.
Rei Q? Literally retarded, "what is like", nuff said.
Hell, even Gendo is retarded for simply sitting still and apparently hoping for the best.

They are ALL idiots for NO good reason whatsoever. It's one of the worst case of idiot plot I've ever seen.

The plot of 3.33 is downright bad, doesn't make sense, and quite frankly, there's nothing to get. If you get caught up in the "plot" or start fanwanking, you are missing the point.
>>
File: 1480858193713.png (321KB, 519x644px) Image search: [Google]
1480858193713.png
321KB, 519x644px
>>151534740
Hah, a typical dumb dumb dummkopf response. Anything that goes over his head is retarded, instead of the head it's going over being the retarded object in the flyover scenario. If your neck was taller maybe you'd understand things better, but you're relegated to a short, dim point of view where you can't see the forest for the trees.
>>
File: asuka angry.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
asuka angry.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
>>151534942
>baka Shinji
>>
File: fantastic cinema.webm (988KB, 1698x720px) Image search: [Google]
fantastic cinema.webm
988KB, 1698x720px
>>151534988
That was so stupid of you to write I'll reward you with a piece of 3.33's fantastic cinematography, observe this tasteful shot right after the movie climaxes with a character death.
>>
>>151534970
The series isn't over, we can't know what the fucker is planning, the movie itself was simple
Just because you say it doesn't make sense doesn't make it false
Ritsuko says it's a possibility not a certainty, besides they did fight back, they just didn't expect a super Eva
You can't fight a war blind, you need intel
Is SEELE even alive? Aren't they literally monoliths in the rebuilds?
Kaworu thought he was helping Shinji until he notices the spears
Rei is ignorant of feelings and common knowledge, she's not stupid
Gendo wins without doing shit, he's pretty smart
>>
>>151535270
>The series isn't over, we can't know what the fucker is planning, the movie itself was simple
If the movie is so simple, then why do you require another movie to understand it? Truth is, you know nothing because there's actually nothing to know.

>Just because you say it doesn't make sense doesn't make it false
Maybe, but the arguments I laid forth prove it. You can't refute that.

>Ritsuko says it's a possibility not a certainty, besides they did fight back, they just didn't expect a super Eva
Fanwank. The only thing we know is that Ritsuko expected this, and that refutes your earlier point. Your fanwank isn't relastic either if I humour it. See the earlier post.

>You can't fight a war blind, you need intel
What exactly are you arguing here?

>Is SEELE even alive? Aren't they literally monoliths in the rebuilds?
SEELE is SEELE in whatever form hey may have. They were handwaved out of the story, and it was cheap.

>Kaworu thought he was helping Shinji until he notices the spears
Kaworu didn't "think" at all. He did nothing. If Kaworu had "thought" anything at all, he'd have contacted Shinji quickly and ended the whole charade. But like I said, idiot plot.

>Rei is ignorant of feelings and common knowledge, she's not stupid
Maybe, but Rei isn't in the movie. Rei Q is, and Rei Q is retarded, as in actually stupid. Did you even watch it son?

>Gendo wins without doing shit, he's pretty smart
No, it means he wins because everyone else are idiots who pointlessly screw up everything so bad he doesn't have to do much but put Shinji inside an EVA. Essentially Gendo's success is irrefutable proof that everyone in 3.33 are idiots.

This discussion has no other ending but you coming to terms with the fact that 3.33's plot is inherently flawed, and contradicts itself to the point where it invalidates any and all points the movie tries to make. If you do that, we can actually start discussing the real substance and meaning of 3.33 and Rebuild and the franchise.
>>
>>151535536
>the real substance and meaning of 3.33 and Rebuild and the franchise
which is your paranoid complex about everyone including the creator preferring some characters over others?

yeah im gonna put that in the 'not real substance' drawer
>>
>>151535743
That'd be a mistake, since Anno publicly explained that he likes some characters more than others. He has favorites.

Isn't it better if you stop lying to yourself?
>>
>>151535536
Because it's incomplete
Of course you don't know everything yet
They do, if Willie acts like that it's because they actually consider Shinji responsible, or want to lie to themselves
It's what happens
Ritsuko didn't expect it, she consideredit as possible, and she's not even in charge
Gendo just outplayed SEELE, it's that simple
Kaworu contacted Shinji, they hung out, he explained the situation to him and got him to pilot the Eva
Rei Q is still Rei
And she's just never properly interacted with a human before
Gendo wins because he managed to plan well enough to be able to sit back and watch as it all played out
>>151535834
Why would Anno need the rebuilds to try to favor certain characters?
He made the original
>>
>>151535936
>Why would Anno need the rebuilds to try to favor certain characters?
>He made the original

The original didn't produce the results he wanted, and didn't play favorites too much. Anno didn't fully own Evangelion back in the Gainax days, and he was under contract to complete it on schedule, on time. There was incentive for Anno to do his best, because at this time he wasn't filthy rich any more.

But he still had favorites, and he got upset seeing his favorites fall behind in popularity and critical acclaim. Rebuild is little more than a plaster on his wound, ironically it's just as fake a solution as instrumentality was to Shinji.
>>
>>151536100
And I'm the one up coming up with fanwank
>>
>>151535936
>Because it's incomplete
Not an argument.

>Of course you don't know everything yet
There's no "everything" to know.

>They do, if Willie acts like that it's because they actually consider Shinji responsible, or want to lie to themselves
Which is fanwank. The movie doesn't elaborate on any of the characters, they're shallow and have no depth or substance. They are merely plot devices.

>Gendo just outplayed SEELE, it's that simple
By doing nothing? You have to play to outplay. It's that simple.

>Kaworu contacted Shinji, they hung out, he explained the situation to him and got him to pilot the Eva
This isn't true. Shinji contacts Kaworu, not the other way around. Kaworu did also not explain the situation until Shinji begged for it, and even then, he didn't tell Shinji the truth - he only told him that WILLE was not happy with him.

>Rei Q is still Rei
Rei Q isn't Rei and never will be.

>And she's just never properly interacted with a human before
Again, fanwank. You don't know that.

>Gendo wins because he managed to plan well enough to be able to sit back and watch as it all played out
You just said earlier that you have no idea if he has a plan at all. Remember?

Face it, it's all plot contrivance and idiot plot. Nothing more, nothing else. There's no other explanation, as all other options have been eliminated. At this point, you can simply choose to be wrong by believing otherwise. Lying to yourself, as it were, evne though you should know better.
>>
>>151536195
Difference is, this isn't about something non-real, it's about a real person in a real situation. There's always a reason when something real is concerned, unlike in fiction which exists purely in your mind.

I haven't said anything untrue, Anno does have favorites.
>>
>>151536226
It's an argument
You can't expect to make sense of a story until the end
They hate Shinji because he awakened the Evaand destroyed the world
SEELE was literally shut off
Kaworu explained things to him and was friendly, much more than what everyone else did
Yes, all Reis are clones and Rei Q is as much Rei as anyone else
Yes I do since the only guys left are Gendo, Kaworu and Fuyutski, she just waits in her tube or shack until Gendo tells her to do something, she doesn't do anything else
We don't know what he's after, but we know he gets what he wants
>>
>>151536437
>It's an argument
It's a statement. A statement that got dismissed here: >>151535536

You can't claim a movie is simple and fully understandable if you claim it requires an additional movie to understand. See the contradiction?

>You can't expect to make sense of a story until the end
Yes, we can. Each movie prior to 3.33 made sense, despite being part of a series. The thing is that on the scene to scene basis, the interactions and the characters make sense. They seem and feel realistic, they are if it's well written realistic. This isn't the case with 3.33, where practically nothing adds up.

>SEELE was literally shut off
Right, which doesn't make sense.

>Kaworu explained things to him and was friendly, much more than what everyone else did
Which doesn't mean much, does it? Some times, a stranger is friendly with you just to rob you, aren't they? That said, Misato and Rei was more friendlier in the previous movies, so that's not true either.

>Yes, all Reis are clones and Rei Q is as much Rei as anyone else
Hm, no, a clone is simply another person. If there's Rei Q and Rei, only one of them is Rei. Rei is inside EVA01 in 3.33. I thought you picked up on everything? Rei Q is just a soulless clones, something Anno made to mock Rei.

>Yes I do since the only guys left are Gendo, Kaworu and Fuyutski,
Ah, there you go. Those include humans, and in KAworu's case people she can talk with. Then, you don't know if she hasn't talked with anyone else. Isn't it unrealistic that all of NERV just consists of three people? Doesn't add up I'm afraid.

>We don't know what he's after, but we know he gets what he wants
Because of idiot plot. There is on plan, things simply happen because the plot requires it to, regardless of it making sense or not.
A hallmark of poor writing.
>>
>>151522186

My abiding memory of Rebuild 3.0 is the salt of a lot of asspained Reifags.
>>
>>151522186
I finally got around to watching 2 and 3 the other day.
3 sucked to me because if Wille just explained the situation to Shinji then he would probably have not gone back with Rei and the rest of the movie wouldn't have happened.
>>
>>151536862
It was an organization run by women, what do you expect?
>>
>>151536632
It's fully understandable, you just don't know all the details
If you stop watching Eva at episode 15 you won't know everything, that doesn't make it bad, it's your fault for judging without seeing it all
They only made sense because they were very close to the original series and you had context from that to make sense of it, 3.33 strays far from the series so you lose that
Kaworu was thr only friendly person in 3.33
All Reis are clones of Yui Ayanami
No ifs and no buts, their personality is molded by their experiences but they are all the same on a fundamental level
Gendo is no good for human interaction, Kaworu isn't human and I don't remember Fuyutski ever talking to Rei in the original series, but feel free to show me if that happened
Just because we don't know it doesn't mean there's no plan
>>
>>151536729
the guy doing these walls of text right now is one of them
>>
>>151536936
>It's fully understandable, you just don't know all the details

You've just shown that you don't understand it yourself. So the answer there is no still anon.

>If you stop watching EVA at episode 15 you won't know everything, that doesn't make it bad, it's your fault for judging without seeing it all
That's because those 15 episodes of Eva made sense. They're all consistent and build up to something. There are no inane timeskips or plot changes in the middle of EVA, but there is in Rebuild. 15 episodes of EVA is good, but 3.33 alone is bad.

>Kaworu was thr only friendly person in 3.33
Outwardly maybe, but he abandoned Shinji and didn't come to help him when he had the chance. Because we assume Kaworu actually wanted to help, that makes him an idiiot as discussed earlier.

>All Reis are clones of Yui Ayanami
In Rebuild they are, sure. But a clone is an individual just the same. EVA01

>No ifs and no buts, their personality is molded by their experiences but they are all the same on a fundamental level
So are you and I, on the fundamental level. Flesh, bone, blood, the works. But we're different. Let me explain you something:

Cloning is simply another form of reproduction. It happens in nature, and in humans as well in the case of identical twins. Twins are different people, and so would any clone of Yui be different from Yui as well.

3.33 explains that Rei is inside EVA01, and thus Rei Q is not Rei. End of story, no?

>Gendo is no good for human interaction, Kaworu isn't human and I don't remember Fuyutski ever talking to Rei in the original series, but feel free to show me if that happened
It's irrelevant, as you claimed she had no human contact, which was again, your claim not mine. I stick to the canon and the facts, which is that you or I simply have no proof of anything ever happened, because the story and character is shallow and a plot device.

>Just because we don't know it doesn't mean there's no plan
In fiction, that's what it means.
>>
>>151537122
They really didn't
The first few episodes just thriw you in without explaining shit
As long as the whole plot has consistency though it's perfectly fine
That said 3.33 could turn out to be stupid, but until 1.00+3.00 comes out, and I hope they change the name, we can't know everything
Kaworu died, he couldn't help it
All Reis are genetically identical, they are by all means and purposes the same person
Besides if you want to get technical your Rei isn't even the original, the original died as a child
Ok, Rei Q had no meaningful human contact
>>
File: Second Impact Adam.gif (932KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
Second Impact Adam.gif
932KB, 500x270px
>https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2489440/satellite-spots-massive-object-hidden-under-the-frozen-wastes-of-antarctica/
HABBENING
SECOND IMPACT HERE WE GO
>>
>>151537467
>The first few episodes just thriw you in without explaining shit

No, they devote a lot of time to background building. Quit spewijng nonsense.

>That said 3.33 could turn out to be stupid, but until 1.00+3.00 comes out, and I hope they change the name, we can't know everything
We can know for sure today, that 3.33 was stupid. What we can't know, is what 3.0+1.0 will be for sure. Remember, 3.0 is a different movie than it's sequel. Just like 3.33 doesn't make 1.11 or 2.22 worse movies, 4.0 won't make 3.33 better.

>Kaworu died, he couldn't help it
That's not true. He could simply have gotten Shinji out earlier, and he could have contacted Shinji and explained. He could have helped it, but didn't due to idiot plot.

>All Reis are genetically identical, they are by all means and purposes the same person
Genes don't make the person. Like I said, identical twins have the same genes from birth, but they're two persons. You don't understand how this works.

>Besides if you want to get technical your Rei isn't even the original, the original died as a child
There's never any Rei I or original shown in Rebuild, so that's not something you know. In the original, Rei is the same person throughout the entire story. Rei I becomes Rei II and so on.

>Ok, Rei Q had no meaningful human contact
That's called moving goalposts, but again, you don't know what Gendo or the rest said. What's for certain, is that Rei Q is in fact stupid.
>>
>>151537722
I don't even remember how long it takes them to show what happened to Shinji's mom, the original took a really long time to explain stuff
But 3.33 wasn't stupid
How? Kaworu told Shinji to stop, Shinji just took control and then made him die
Oh yeah the rebuilds don't show ReI 1 dying
But yeah, Rei 1 dies when Ritsuko's mom snaps her neck, notice how Rei 2 is completely different personality wise?
Rei Q was just isolated, I don't see why you hate hee so much, she's just a poor girl who didn't go to school or do anything at all
>>
>>151537696
Delet this
>>
>>151534677
All of this happened except for Eva-08 (because it was redesigned).

There exists concept art of Mari and Asuka on one of the Wunder's communication dishes from around the time 2.0 came out, but I don't have it saved.

Hopefully 3.0 + 1.0's title isn't just some dumb artistic choice and it starts out right after 2.0, fills in the gaps, and cuts foward to the ending of 3.0 once we get key information that's missing.
>>
"It was only shinji's dream while merged with the eva, now here is evangelion Q we promised in preview"

Hideaki Anno - 2017
>>
>>151539755
imagine if anno pulled this shit

what a hack
>>
>>151539812
I'd love it. Fuck y'all, you take this shit too seriously anyway.
>>
File: 1471904769219.png (1008KB, 1605x1039px) Image search: [Google]
1471904769219.png
1008KB, 1605x1039px
>>151539712
Kaji wasn't even in the movie.
>>
>>151538008
Sorry, but you're just too dumb to go on discussing with.
>>
>>151522817
Give it a shot, it's worth a try at least. Don't listen to the circlejerk.
>>
>>151538008
>But yeah, Rei 1 dies when Ritsuko's mom snaps her neck, notice how Rei 2 is completely different personality wise?
In NGE, Rei dies but it's the same character throughout the entire story. When Rei I dies, she's remade as Rei II, and the same happens with Rei III. Same character, same person, but traumatized by what is really a reincarnation. There's memory loss and other changes that follows.

In Rebuild, Rei 2 is inside EVA01. In the meantime, Rei Q is walking outside. There's two Rei's now, in NGE there was only one.
>>
File: 1472921281576.png (553KB, 482x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472921281576.png
553KB, 482x720px
>>151541290
>He thinks that Rei from the end of 2.22 is still alive in any way, shape or form
Oh, reifags
>>
>>151532007
Absolutely this, I didn't even care about NGE and Rebuild but after this really horrendous movies I just can't believe anyone can be passionate in the works of that "people". I like this character but I am not giving one fucking cent to the studio and associates. nor free advertising.
>>
>>151541574
She's inside Shinji's walkman.
>>
>>151542062
>scanned by WILLE, people that can very well detect a person dissolved in LCL, can scan their soul for integrity, used to infuse souls into EVAs and are running a flying ship that works on an EVA core
>"It's clear, you can have it"
I can't wait for your imminent butthurt when 4.0 is released.
>>
>>151542376
>we've scanned shinji and there's definitely no way he can sync with an eva again anyway so we got nothing to worry about
>but we'll put an exploding dog collar on him, the least sexy kind of dog collar even though we are sure it's unnecessary
>oh wow, turns out that not only were we wrong about him being able to sync with an eva, our dog collar didn't even work and got even less sexy somehow
>>
>>151542451
>Kaworu just plain removes it with his gay powers
>Puts it on himself
And people say that 3.33 isn't retarded
Thread posts: 246
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.