[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"No, MC, being a hero that wants to save everyone is a terrible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: 1460864284586.jpg (99KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1460864284586.jpg
99KB, 600x600px
"No, MC, being a hero that wants to save everyone is a terrible ideal, trust me i'm the king of england"
"Nah m8, i got this"
"No, MC, being a hero that wants to save everyone is a terrible ideal, trust me I'M YOU FROM THE FUTURE, and i'll kill you continue like this"
"Nah m8, i got this"
"MC, you have the choice of a hero that wants to save everyone or bone the biggest pair of boobs in town, choose wisely"
"BOOBS!"

This guy is terrible.
>>
>he doesn't know that Mind of Steel is the canon ending of HF
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 325x155px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 325x155px
It's just puberty
>>
>>151509965
he already knew his ideal was retarded

the 'point' is that he is chasing an impossible ideal, which the nips find to be a beautiful thing rather than a moronic thing

it's all a matter of cultural dissonance
>>
File: 1428463262052.jpg (94KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
1428463262052.jpg
94KB, 900x506px
>>151509965
Except. HF kinda threw Shirou in the fire to start with. I don't even think Sakura had a place outside the fate route/pre route stuff. No anons the true heroine of HF is must more sinistar.
>>
File: Jeanne3.png (317KB, 512x720px) Image search: [Google]
Jeanne3.png
317KB, 512x720px
>>151509965
>"No, MC, being a hero that wants to save everyone is a terrible ideal, trust me i'm the king of england"
>trusting the lying thieving inbred english in any way or form
>>
>>151510080
It is not wrong to chase an impossible ideal, if nothing else it will give you something to do with your free time.

The problem with Shirou is that he sacrifices everything for his ideal and gets away with it when he shouldn't because he's the MC.

The scene where he spends the entire day trying to success at the high-jump is a great example of determination, we all had that one thing we just wanted to beat, games like Megaman triggered this kind of "fuck you game, you're not gonna defeat me" response from a lot of people, but if you skiped school to play vidya then you're no better than Shirou throwing his life away.

Using all your free time playing Megaman just to beat it is obsesive but understandable, skipping school, sleep and food to do so is sick.
>>
>>151509965
He convince his future self that at end of the day, not everything was suffering, he enjoyed most of it.
>>
>>151509965
>"No, MC, being a hero that wants to save everyone is a terrible ideal, trust me i'm the king of england"
>"Nah m8, i got this"
>ends up with the king of england in her own personal heaven

Even BOOBS can't compare to this shit

Needs Miyu Shero version though.
>>
>>151510391
Except Shirou actually does some good to the word by doing so. He himself says it, how can someone tell him that saving people and defending the innocent without wanting anyone to die isn't a beautiful ideal?
Of course, it is just an ideal, in reality he has to kill while defending the innocents, he can't even be sure of how innocent they are and saving people isn't as simple as walking into the street where poor kids lie and giving them bread. Still, he wants to pursue it, his ideal that he finds beautiful even if impossible, he will do good while doing so and be happy while he tries. That's what Shirou life is about in UBW.
>>
File: 1365902705508.jpg (85KB, 737x739px) Image search: [Google]
1365902705508.jpg
85KB, 737x739px
>>151509965
>>151510080
If you pay attention, he does respond differently depending on the route. The point was that Shirou's approach, while well-intentioned, was flawed. He has such a lack of self-worth that he doesn't value his life at all, puts everyone above himself, lets himself be dragged around and it's the main reason his approach to nearly every situation is so impulsive and overall stupid. He's a doormat (though Nasu failed to portray this accurately but you can see this was the intention). Through the three routes he "evolves" in different ways.

>Fate
Play it straight, full "I'm gunna save everyone" retardation. Good job Saber.

> UBW
Rin helps him realize that he doesn't have to completely drop his ideals, but that he must change his approach to how he wants to realize them. Saving people means shit if you don't value yourself as well. Going to learn magic at the Clock Tower with Rin is the sign that he's willing to listen to other people and start doing things right, not just throwing himself at every chance of conflict because he feels guilty that he's alive. He realizes saving people is perfectly fine but that he needs to start tackling the problem from the proper point of view or else he ends up like another Archer. And nobody wants to be Archer, not even Archer himself.

> HF
Nasu's "hurrr huuurrrrr drop ideals to become human" belief that by being selfish you can be human. I personally find it idiotic but fine, I guess.

In short, Fate is where he fully embraces his ideal, in UBW he learns to slightly change some of his point of views to more healthy ones in a way that he'll outgrow being a doormat, and in HF he drops them completely in favor of Ms.TitsSenpai. He does listen to Rin and he does change in favor of Sakura, so he's not all that stubborn.
>>
>>151509965
You speak as if most of us wouldn't choose that option.
>>
>>151510996
>Fate
>Shirou goes full hero mode, becoming so great that he both gets to die of age at peace and gets to Avalon, his body probably back to his prime, to shag Saber forever in the land of fairies.
Ftfy
>>
>>151511143
Avalon isn't heaven.
>>
>>151511088
I would choose Illya though.
>>
>>151511207
>Perfect health, climate, grass comfy enough to sleep over
>Stay with waifu all day long
>Nothing to disrupt the peace
>Hero club even more exclusive than the Throne of Heroes
Avalon isn't heaven in name only, or for Shirou at least.
>>
>>151511143
not canon
>>
>>151511586
>Last Episode
>Part of the main VN, specific closure to it
>Not canon
>>
>>151509965
Biggest boobs?
>>
>>151510683
>Abandon imouto
>Save imouto
Truly the best.
>>
>>151510996
That's wrong, though. Fate has him realizing how stupid his ideals are because he sees Saber behaving like him, and tells Saber the same things that Archer tells him about heroism in UBW. It's only UBW where he refuses to learn a single thing.
>>
>>151511800
>tells Saber the same things that Archer tells him about heroism in UBW
He never does though.
>>
>>151511652
Last Episode is from Realta Nua. It's as canon as CG dragons and Sakura being a virgin.
>>
>>151511800
Nah that was that about how women shouldn't fight and get hurt.
>>
>>151511907
There's a clear difference between content that was changed to make it non-H and stuff that was added with RN for its own sake.
>>
>>151511994
Sakura is a virgin confirmed.
>>
>>151511800
>>151511921
Yeah in Fate it's just his ultra-chauvinism that's supposed to be endearing stopping Saber, not a change in his own beliefs
>>
>>151512105
Shirou is such a hypocrite.

He says combat are things only men should do, but then he also takes the kitchen that should be for women.
>>
>>151509965

Shirou's just following The Quest.

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go~

To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
to reach the unreachable star~

This is my quest~
To follow that star~
No matter how hopeless,
No matter how far

To fight for the right
Without question or pause~
To be willing to march into Hell
For a heavenly cause!

And I know if I'll only be true
to this glorious quest,
that my heart will lie peaceful and calm,
when I'm laid to my rest...

And the world will be better for this.
That one man, scorned and covered with scars,
still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star!

...Fuck it, man, when do we get Don Quixote in the grail war? Give him worst ranks in strength, skill, and riding, and everything, but highest rank luck; it'd be awesome.
>>
>>151512477

I think he was just using that as an excuse. In truth, if anyone were to try to fight for him, man or woman, he'd still refuse the help and try to do it all himself.
>>
>>151512477
>Seiba
>kitchen
Do you want boiled potatoes?
Waifuing Seiba means you need to know how to cook since she's useless other than looking cute, fucking and combat.
>>
>>151510391
>The problem with Shirou is that he sacrifices everything for his ideal and gets away with it when he shouldn't because he's the MC.

>50+ endings where Shirou dies and like 3 happy endings.
doesn't seem to work out too well for him
>>
This thread is crawling with misinformed secondaries and normalfags. Fucking disgusting neo-/a/.
>>
>>151512986
Nah, it's a Fate thing. Easily the worst consistently present fanbase on /a/
>>
>>151512478
Could have just posted the song anon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsNJtTKdUec

But yeah, Don Quixote is pretty much proto-Shirou. His tale is more about laughing at him though, until the end at least where realize how a great piece of man he was and cry.
>>
>>151509965
How can you not respect his dedication and sense of justice?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.