[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Top 10 highest grossing original anime of the decade in the Japanese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: your name.jpg (107KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
your name.jpg
107KB, 424x600px
Top 10 highest grossing original anime of the decade in the Japanese box office:
1. Your Name
2. The Wind Rises
3. The Secret World of Arriety
4. The Boy and the Beast
5. From Up on Poppy Hill
6. Wolf Children
7. When Marnie Was There
8. The Tale of Princess Kaguya
9. A Silent Voice
10. Anthem of the Heart

Please correct me if the list is wrong. I think we are entering a new age of non-Ghibli anime filmmaking with Shinkai, Hosoda, A Silent Voice, Anthem of the Heart and Konosekai's success. We got the new SHAFT film coming out next year too. With disc sales lower than ever, it makes sense for the industry to focus more on films following Your Name's unprecedented performance.
>>
>I think we are entering a new age of non-Ghibli anime filmmaking
Gee, you think?
What clued you in? The fact that Ghibli all but retired from animation?
>>
You left out Frozen, which is still ahead.
>>
Silent voice isn't original.
>>
>>151361604
By original, I mean not adaptations of late night (Madoka, K-On, Monogatari) or mainstream (Doraemon, Conan, Yokai Watch) television. By all means Your Name and many Ghibli films have their source material too.
>>
>>151361466
What?
>>
The fireworks Shaft film will flop like Kizu
>>
It's starting to be fucking mainstream, even shitty french tv news speak about it like if they had to promote it.

Also, I havn't seen it already because I don't know if I'll be able to handle the feels, everytime I look that kind of show I get depressed during one week
>>
>>151361939
he means that Anime is a joke compared to western animation, when it comes to money.
>>
>>151362690
But OP clearly said original anime, not Disneyshit.
>>
>>151361757
Kimi no Na wa has no source material. The novels are adaptations/side stories.
>>
>>151362802
Yes, OP misuses words.
He already said that he didn't actually mean "original".
>>
>>151361324

>Drone drone drone drone bait bait bait bait shit shit shit shit drone drone drone

This is the sound of modern /a/ posting and especially OPs
>>
File: barely half.png (12KB, 290x554px) Image search: [Google]
barely half.png
12KB, 290x554px
>Tale of Princess Kaguya
>highest grossing
what?
>>
>>151362977
Yes but it's still top 10. Anime movies don't gross a lot save for Hosoda furry garbage and now Your Meme. Ghibli is more than dead though, they'll never be succesful again now that Shitkai blew Miyazaki the fuck out.
>>
>cartoons
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.