[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are LN's always better than the anime adaptations? Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: hot damn.png (2MB, 1570x1021px) Image search: [Google]
hot damn.png
2MB, 1570x1021px
Why are LN's always better than the anime adaptations? Why can't studios get it right?
>>
>>151203090
Animation, voice acting, and timeslots dictate a lot. Usually stuff needs to be cut in order to fit both it's budget and episode length.
>>
Because animes are just an advertisement for publishers and their light novels. The intended purpose is to bring in new markets into reading the LNs not demand additional seasons of commercials.
>>
Sacrifices have to be made when you adapt something from text media to visual media. Episode length, budgeting, production scheduling, all have significant influence in creative freedom in an adaption.

Look at Game of Thrones compared to the books, many significant details and plotlines are dropped just to have it all fit in a digestible tv series.
>>
>>151203090
But LNs are trash
>>
>>151204062
>started reading GATE after it aired
>the amount of shit left out was absurd
>>
File: harima.jpg (26KB, 476x476px) Image search: [Google]
harima.jpg
26KB, 476x476px
Because LNs are fucking weird. Even accounting for sub-par translations, some LNs have styles of writing that is really difficult to translate onto a visual medium. They're nothing like western books. Sometimes when I read LNs I can't even visualize the conversations or developments because they're so wacky. Anime has to work with fanfiction-tier writing (from an english perspective) and add in timing, transitions, etc., while trying to capture the 'feel' of the source material. Have you read Heavy Object? Again, I don't know how good the translation is, but it made me respect how the animators managed to make a (mostly) comprehensible anime out of that hot mess.
>>
>>151203090
Because they try to fit 5-10 volumes in a 12 episodes show.
>>
>>151204397
The problem with Japanese writing is their high dependence on literary wordplay and idioms. You lose so much that it would make more sense to just do loose translations more than transliteration messes.
>>
Because most of the time they only adapt a few volumes, so they barely get past the character/setting introductions and the whole thing feels pointless.

Or the other extreme, where they'll adapt way more than that so they can actually get to the parts where something actually happens, but then the whole thing ends up rushed. Can still work out if done well.
>>
>>151203090
They dot have much to work with unlike manga.
>>
>>151204956
it can also be the opposite. Sometimes in LN there can be so much content in order to adapt it for a TV format they cut or rush some of the slower parts that are crucial for world/plot building
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.