[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are only mangafags the ones that really dislike the Rurouni Kenshin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

Are only mangafags the ones that really dislike the Rurouni Kenshin OVA's?
Still think they are easily one of the best OVA's, yes both of them, there are, or really anime in general, and I didn't like the manga at all.
>>
File: IMG-20161217-WA0015.jpg (51KB, 700x787px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161217-WA0015.jpg
51KB, 700x787px
>>151190311
More like the _best anime ever
>>
>>151190311
First one was pretty good and the second was garbage. In both Kenshin had a gloomy personality on par with Aoshi.
>>
>>151190590
Second one is still the most beautiful lokking and best animated recap you'll ever see. I like the ending, always makes me tear up, never liked the cliche happy ending, I mean in the end he's a murderer who got away with it.
>>
File: f7dnQxM.jpg (504KB, 800x946px) Image search: [Google]
f7dnQxM.jpg
504KB, 800x946px
>>151190836
it also made a bastardization of the jinchu arc
>>
>>151190909
Can't really do much in 15 minutes, not like it's meant for people who haven't read the manga.
>>
>>151190909

You know Im gonna be frank. Jinchu arc wasn't that good from the start. I think people mad at the anime filler really romatasized it way to much because when I read it?

It sucked. We already put a lid on Kenshin's past with Kyoto so having some one came back for revenge is just repetitive. We didn't need to know about Kenshin's wife, we didn't need to learn the specific reason he stopped killing and his scar sure as fuck didn't need an origin story.
>>
Tomoe best girl.
>>
>>151190836

>Parents die of Cholera as a child
>Sold to slavers
>Three nice ladies look after him, only to sacrifice themselves to brutal murder by bandits, which he witnesses at the tender age of 10
>Buries dozens of bodies, including those who would sell and kill him, out of respect for the dead
>Undergoes rigorous and near fatal training for years as a preteen
>Goes to join the war effort as an idealist (at the cost of his relationship with his master), because he wants to save as those who are suffering around him
>Gets used by the revolution leaders to perform their dirty work so they can keep their hands clean, tainting his idealistic soul
>The one good thing to come out of the war, his wife, was initially a plant rather than a girl that was actually interested in him
>But she ended up genuinely falling for him! Just to get killed by his own hands in an effort to save him
>Continues to fight in the war just to end it, despite the pain that killing causes him. During this he becomes known by the scar that represents his lost Iove
>Spends the next 10 years in repentance, helping those he can while not killing, even though it puts himself at much greater risk

Mother fucker deserved a happy ending dammit.
>>
>>151190311
I didn't think the manga was anything special myself. I watched the first OVA expecting some new content, but I was disappointed it was just the flashback with moody directing.

>>151191377
This. Kyoto arc was fun, but Jinchuu was probably most overrated (not the worst) shonen arc I've read.
>>
>>151191796
The moody directing might as well makes it somewhat new content, I remember in the manga it not even close to being as good as the OVA, especially since it also has some lighthearted humor in it etc.

I watched the OVA first so when i read the manga it was kind of cultureshock.

Also how old was Tomoe?
>>
>>151192110
Old enough to make boy Kenshin a proper man.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.