[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tfw a series's ending feels like the bad end of a visual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Kuma-Miko.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kuma-Miko.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>Tfw a series's ending feels like the bad end of a visual novel.

also, I thought she was just imagining the rocks but that line by Yoshio at the end has me really confused.
>>
She imagined the rocks. Anime Yoshio is just a terrible person who's using her.

In the manga they don't actually visit the city. Natsu prays to the god to make Machi give up on leaving and she has a nightmare where city people throw rocks at her so she gives up on her dream for a while and we get a few SoL chapters on village life before she begins to get interest in the city and modern society again. The anime made her look a lot more like a nervous wreck and broken than the manga did.
>>
Unironic masterpiece.
>>
>>151182649
>Anime original ending
not even once
fortunately the manga is still ongoing
>>
>>151182817
The thing about the rocks that has me confused is that Yoshio says when he visited last time, someone threw a rock at him. Am I reading too much into it?
>>
>>151182649
>expected a cute SoL
>get a depressing and profound metaphor for the contemporary hikikkomori lifestyle
>>
>>151182649
Is there any sense to watching most of this and then stopping before the last few episodes? I've had this in my backlog since spring but everyone keeps saying the ending sucks.
>>
>>151184267
Some, but I wouldn't be able to do it. I think it's probably episode ten you want to stop on.
>>
>>151182995
As the other anon said: anime Yoshio is a terrible person, he probably made something to deserve the rocks.
>>
File: fear.jpg (135KB, 1183x785px) Image search: [Google]
fear.jpg
135KB, 1183x785px
I just finished watching this.

I was expecting a cute SoL, but instead I got a ryona festival, not that I'm complaining of course, but I too was left to think that someone actually threw rocks at her.

And she was a cripple human being throughout the anime, with some very serious mental issues.
This girl needs therapy and medication, instead she gets Yoshio making her suffer every single time.
>>
File: 1466409104728.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466409104728.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
This is the only original line everything else is in the manga that author is just trying to save face. Besides all that other horrible stuff that happened to Machi is way worse and its all there in the manga too.
>>
>>151184267
Just watch it, it's a nice SoL/comedy.
I don't get all the fuss about the ending, I thought it was funny that for once we don't get that "character became a better person because she tried her best" crap. Her social anxiety, childish behaviour, and cluelessness about modern society is what makes her a funny character, and I liked that she stayed that way in the end.

>>151186004
> but I too was left to think that someone actually threw rocks at her.
She just imagined it.
>>
>>151187212
Except she was shown ending up in EVEN WORSE mental state.
It was shown in bright colours and with cute music but this story concludes in protagonist being completely defeated and a depressing moral.

It's black comedy at best.
And a slap in the face for the viewer as he is left with that uncomfortable feeling that's something wrong.
If you missed that, good for you. You might be actually better this way
>>
>>151186156
>everything else is in the manga

That chapter ends with Machi going back to her hick ways and playing around, not becoming a mental invalid like she did in the anime. They made it much worse.
>>
>>151188725
>Except she was shown ending up in EVEN WORSE mental state.
I interpreted it as the shock from what she went through in Sendai, and assumed she would recover from it and try again next year. The series showed Machi failing in the end, but it wasn't completely pessimistic either.

>It's black comedy
Yes it is, and I see nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>151188830
>They made it much worse.
They made it better. It's a perfect ending. Only normalfags would hate it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.