[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've wanted to watch Fullmetal Alchemist to study the magic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (43KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
43KB, 480x360px
I've wanted to watch Fullmetal Alchemist to study the magic in it for a while now, but I'm afraid it's just going to make me nauseous and sad.

If I don't want to watch a depressing carnage-fest is this the wrong show?
>>
2003 > brotherhood
>>
>>151072046
for you what is too much carnage?
>>
File: zzanime_244.jpg (19KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
zzanime_244.jpg
19KB, 600x450px
If you don't want depression, don't watch FMA.
>>
>>151072388
Constant edginess that just makes you feel like shit for watching.
>>
>>151072142
no
>>
>>151072142
Fucking hipster
>>
>>151072046
depressing carnage-fest?

I wouldn't describe FMA as a depressing carnage-fest.

Besides, what is there to study in FMA? All the magic circles and symbols come straight out of 13th century European alchemy
>>
>>151073078
I don't know much about FMA's magic system. I wanted to watch to see what it was like in theory and in practice.
>>
>>151072046
It's not really that edgy unless you get to the later parts of the 2003 anime. If you're into the alchemy system you'll probably like Brotherhood more as it explored it in greater depth imo.
>>
>>151072046

you just have to know 2003 ver is more grimdark than the later one, and that the later one is more faithful to the manga

it's a good series op, the sad/depressing scenes are contrasted with the humour and action of the show
>>
>>151072142
More like
>2003 Movie > Milos
>>
>>151072142
DURRR DURR DURR DURRR
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.