[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watch/read romance >want the main protagonist to be with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: 40352.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
40352.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>watch/read romance
>want the main protagonist to be with anyone but the main love interest

Why do so many people watch/read these series wrong?
>>
In the case of this show, I was actually hoping that Ichika would go back into space with her and they would accidentally crash into the sun and die.
They were both such awful people and characters.
>>
Recognizing that the main love interest is the worst character in the show =/= watching it wrong
>>
>>151041781
It is. Why are you watching a romance if you hate the main love interest? It's their story, not whatever crack shipping you prefer.
>>
>>151041682
>to be with anyone but the main love interest
Your pic not related. Blue >>>>> Red
>>
>>151041682
These two were horrible.
>>
File: 1479412569789.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479412569789.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>Watch romance
>Suddenly main love interest loses
>A side girl unexpectedly wins
>>
>>151042635
How many examples of this are there other than Shuffle?
>>
>>151042659
Actually, I can remember two more examples myself. But I can't recall the titles.

One is with the red haird tsudere. And the other is where the sister suddenly wins in the end.

But yeah, I have no idea what the titles were.
>>
>>151042659
most of the other VN adaptions because there is no canon best girl (outside of your head canon)

regarding OP's shitpost, it's usually because the side girls are designed to draw in new readers (and then crush them at the end)
>>
>>151041682
Because Japan sucks at romance and the main girl is usually a poor choice as a love interest, and more often than not, the other heroines are better. Your pic is an example of this.
>>
>>151042854
>most of the other VN adaptions
That's not true. The vast majority of the time the girl who has the "true" route still wins. Or the anime just doesn't have a winner at all.
>>
>>151042857
The other heroines are better simply because they aren't the main girl. It's totally psychological, trust me.
>>
>>151042857
>main girl is usually a poor choice as a love interest, and more often than not, the other heroines are better
Then why not make a main girl that's good? If they can make good love rivals they can make good main girls.
>>
>>151043002
i only play gud vns so you're probably right
>>
>>151043134
A harem VNs are shit by default. But you posting a non-/a/ reaction image you saved from facebook instantly invalidates anything you say.
>>
>>151041682
>Tsundere(and a violent one)
>Getting most of the screentimes(sometimes even stealing from other contenders)
You still have to remove these 2 criteria from the main love interest to convince us.
>>
This is the only Megane to ever win MC bowl.
>>
>>151041682
The main problem is that authors throw too many girls into the mix and so moments of chemistry with the main heroine become more sporadic while moments of chemistry with the "side girls" used to draw readers become more common, only for these "side girls" to become randomly btfo because of the fixation on the main heroine.

Believe me, I want to like the main heroine most times I start a series. However, all too often does the author have to add some sort of dysfunction to her and the male lead's relationship so they can drag out the story while still intending for main heroine to win, while the side girls have less or no dysfunction with the MC but lose by sheer virtue of not being the main heroine, like it's some shitty binary system.

In some respects, that tv show How I Met Your Mother, although I hated the ending, had the right idea in the whole "none of these girls are the main heroine but were sort of important in terms of creating the situation where I met her"
>>
>>151042659
Here.
>>
>>151044160
Thanks. That's one of the two I was thinking of.
>>
>>151042635
I wish Megumin wins.
>>
>>151044160
I feel like I should know these characters but I can't place this for the life of me. Source?
>>
>>151042635
still waiting for more of those
>>
>>151042659
Megumin sort of counts but she's basically the main heroine at this point anyway. Despite that not being the original intention.
>>
>>151044469
I'll give you a hint, it's an anime, and you should go able to find it by using 4chan's built in image search.
>>
>>151042763
Found it. The other one I was thinking of was Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka.

The sister won literally at the last second of the series.
>>
>>151041682
Because main girl is almost never best girl, mostly due to authors introducing and developing way too many side chicks that are more interesting. Spice and wolf got it right by making main girl leagues above others
>>
File: 1481027588448.jpg (34KB, 710x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481027588448.jpg
34KB, 710x720px
>>151044829
>look up Akaneiro anime
>that artstyle
I'll pick up Mashiro though thanks.
>>
>>151044996
Seems pretty generic looking for its time period, but nothing too bad. Like early Key tier.
>>
>>151044381
Is this the other one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQyCD0ZloeY
>>
>>151045180
>>151044829
>>
>>151044469
mashiro iro symphony
>>
>>151045241
Good job, you just enabled someone to be stupid and lazy. Meaning they will continue that behavior in the future. Thanks for hurting the board and promoting off topic replies.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.