[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here read Omoide Emanon/Sasurai Emanon by Tsuruta Kenji?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: 1461256912511.png (1MB, 1216x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1461256912511.png
1MB, 1216x1700px
Anyone here read Omoide Emanon/Sasurai Emanon by Tsuruta Kenji?
I thought it was really good even though it was so short.
I found it similar to Mushishi in terms of atmosphere
>>
I thought the first one was well done, but the later stuff failed to take it anywhere interesting.
>>
File: 1479281694767.jpg (1MB, 1280x1860px) Image search: [Google]
1479281694767.jpg
1MB, 1280x1860px
>>150902553
For it to go anywhere, it would've had to be longer. The concept had enough potential to be made into a longer series, so it seems strange to me that the author would just stop after four volumes.
Are Kenji's other works worth checking out?
>>
The two books were published some months ago here in Italy.
Not bad at all, especially the first.
Second one 'closes the circle' explaining who's really Emanon- still has a nice vibe.
>>
File: 1474186971196.png (534KB, 1280x1814px) Image search: [Google]
1474186971196.png
534KB, 1280x1814px
>>150902693
>still has a nice vibe.
Yeah, Emanon perfectly captures mono no aware.
>closes the circle
The storyline with her twin brother never reached a true conclusion though. It ended pretty abruptly.
>>
It was pretty good for what was basically two people having conversations in a ship for an entire volume. Managed to keep the suspense about her for a long time too, at least for me. Would recommend.
The second story wasn't as impressive, I don't even remember much about it actually.
>>
>>150902483
Yes. I've read whats it's available. I've read it at least twice because some things didn't seem to make sense but reading more calmly made complete sense.
And even i found and interesting story connecting all the books.
>>
File: 13213246546.png (243KB, 383x582px) Image search: [Google]
13213246546.png
243KB, 383x582px
>>150902483
Loved it
>>150902653
It was supposed to continue, but Tsuruta has this habit of taking a ridiculously long time with his projects. If you read the afterword of omoide, he started working on Emanon back in 2002.
His other works are more than worth it if you liked his drawing style, but the situations are a lot more playful and humorous, looney toony even.
If you liked the concept/story of Emanon, then you should check out the novels themselves, if you've developed your moon skills. They're equally as comfy, a lot more in depth and they just finished re-releasing the last of the novels with updated cover art by Tsuruta this year.
Otherwise, all of Shinji Kajio's stories convey that kind of "nostalgia," with a mixture of sci-fi and romance. The Emanon series is undisputably his best work though.
>>
>>150903637
Ah, that reminds me.
Speaking of Tsuruta and the average speed of continental plates: Best girl is coming back on the 22nd of this month.
>>
>>150903637
I have a few question. I was wondering a few things after rereading all this:
Who is Hikari?
Why did she store seeds in that old village?
She was refering to the AIDS epidemic in the 80's?
Why was she runnig away from his brother in 1997?
>>
>>150903637
So is he planning on continuing with Emanon eventually or is it officially finished?
Thanks for the recommendations
>>
>>150903968
>Who is Hikari?
You probably guessed it from their conversation: She's a time traveler that befriends Emanon in the third book. though it's claimed that she had already met her in the far future.
>Why did she store seeds in that old village?
>She was refering to the AIDS epidemic in the 80's?
Huh. That actually makes a lot of sense, that comepletely flew by past me.
I think you're right.
>Why was she runnig away from his brother in 1997?
Well, you saw how they departed on "bad" terms when last they met. She moved on, but his brother never got over it. And it haunted him to the point where he questioned the meaning of his existence. "Was I simply born to die?"
It's a chapter long conversation, and there are a lot of things that go into it, but the gist of it is that, as he got older, the thought of his own mortality began taking a toll on him, and he was haunted by that "spark" in his eyes that constantly pointed him to a woman who would live forever.
>>
File: 134654654.png (281KB, 357x705px) Image search: [Google]
134654654.png
281KB, 357x705px
>>150904516
He won't say.
But it seems like he's trying to carry on with it like he did with Forget-me-not. He occassionally posts very short chapters of Emanon on Ryu, though significantly less frequent than he did with Le Pomme Prisionaire.
But, again, it IS Tsuruta. I mean, we thought he had given up on Forget-me-not back in 2003 when they canned his project, but then he started publishing shorts again in 2013, and regularly thereafter on every issue of Rakuen.
Otherwise, you can try asking him yourself: He's fairly disconected, but he's always at comiket every year.
>>
>>150902483
>>150902653
>Cigarette hanging from lips
Fucking disgusting, please die before you reproduce so as not to pollute the human genome.
>>
>>150906141
>he comes into a thread specifically to let people know he dislikes smokers
Literal manchild
>>
>>150902483
Art style looks familiar, is this from the same guy who did that pubic hair girl with cats?
>>
>>150907236
Yeah. What was that again?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.