[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell is his problem? https://www.youtube.com/watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 273
Thread images: 22

File: old fart.jpg (193KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
old fart.jpg
193KB, 1600x900px
What the hell is his problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfxlgHBaxEU
>>
>>150788469
He's a crybaby pandering to muh feels
>>
>>150788469
He is right.
>>
>>150788469
It can be tough being so correct
>>
>>150788513
>>150788532

This.
>>
>>150788469
He's old so everything new is therefor bad.
>>
>>150788469
>we want CGI to replace artistic vision

He's right to be disgusted.
>>
>>150788891

CGI was a mistake.
>>
Like many of the people in this thread, a complete failure to understand that there is nothing unique and irreplicable about the human brain, and that it will soon be obsolesced by technology even at creative endeavors. It's not anything to fault him for, many people fail to understand that, and ascribe a nonsensical sort of uniqueness or non-determinism to human consciousness. They're just bad at critical thought and understanding reality. They'll pass away soon enough, when they refuse whatever longevity tech they deem to be evil because of the naturalistic fallacy.
>>
>>150788469
He's an old geezer
>>
>>150788469
You should make this thread everyday. That shit certainly won't get old and annoyin fast.
>>
>>150788469
It's not just that it's cgi, it's that it's an entirely computer generated animation. The program itself came up with the style of movement. He's upset because it's a different method that any human would use, or than he would use specifically, obviously. But also, that this actually represents a potentially pretty crazy change in how things are created. If you can just give an AI some basic rule set, and let it churn out random variations, with the only human input being to pick out which ones are interesting, the entire creative process becomes editorial. I think that's actually pretty interesting, but for someone who had editors specifically as his opposition for his entire carrier, the prospect that future directors like him will basically just become literally that, his worst enemy, must be awful.
>>
>>150788469
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15DTq__IScQ
>>
File: Miyazaki knows the future.jpg (357KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Miyazaki knows the future.jpg
357KB, 1920x1080px
>>150788513
>>150788532
>>150788742
>>150788891
>>
It looks like shit and at the end those retards even have the gall to say to him that they want to replace animators with computer programs.
Why wouldn't he get mad?
Furthermore, even with all the technology and new techniques there hasn't been a single new Japanese OVA or animated movie as good looking as Nausicaa, Macross:Do You Remember Love, Cagliostro, Akira or Ghost in the Shell, which may have used CGI but only for very specific FX.
Newer doesn't mean better.
>>
>old man yells at cloud
>>
He's right and he's not. Maybe it's not the best way but it does help create a sense of "pain" or "creepyness" artificially.
>>
>>150788469
Can't wait for him to die. Every time someone post him I get more and more disgusted. People like him are the worst.
>>
File: beheading otakus on live tv.png (380KB, 620x431px) Image search: [Google]
beheading otakus on live tv.png
380KB, 620x431px
>>150790114
Being Miyazaki is suffering
>>
>>150788469
Ironically, what that computer is doing is in some sense very similar to what nature "did" to eventually get to us.
>>
His problem is faggots giving him attention he doesnt deserve. Faggots like OP.
>>
>>150788469
This is what happens when you get old.
>>
>>150788469
Programming is an art form of its own.

Using AI to create animations is cool as fuck.
>>
>>150788469
>"We made an AI drag ragdolls around."
>"This is the shittiest fucking thing I have ever seen."
>"Someday this will replace you, Miyazaki-san."
>>
>>150788469
AHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Based Miyazaki BTFOing otaku trash left and right
>>
>>150791933
>BTFOing himself
>>
>>150788469
Typical "anti-technology" behavior. It is not rational at all, not only because it is dumb in nature, but also because its pretty damn selective.

It kinda reminds me about that one Akira Kurosawa short where the old man goes on and on about how his village has no technology, but the village is literally characterized by its watermills (which are, surprise, technology).

Dumb pastoral nostalgia of city boys who don't go a day without the luxuries of modern life. Miyazaki surely cuts out jobs by simplifying tasks with technology too, but it is not wrong when he does it.
>>
Why does Miyazaki hate technology so much?
>>
>>150792198
Lack of self awareness, lack of awareness of reality, overconfidence in human ability, an entire host of logical fallacies you can take your pick from.
>>
>>150791664
This is what happens when you become stubborn. I know plenty of old people who are not fucking dumb.

Miyazaki, however, is the equivalent of an old lady who refuses to use a computer or a cellphone. Most anons would call such person a nuisance, but since this one is famous they will suck his flaccid dick.
>>
>>150792198
>Be a plane otaku
>Hates technology
I wonder if he thinks planes are born from trees or if they live in wild herds in the American heartland.
>>
>>150788469
There will be a day, when machine learning can perfectly replicate and create the artistic form that Miyazaki treasures so much.

That will be the day he retires.
>>
>>150789103
>ai
>capable of functioning outside of the limitations of human intelligence
The only knowledge it could possibly learn is ours, as that is the only knowledge there is. Anything would be a complete guess and therefore illogical in an entirely logical based system.
>>
What was the point of showing him this? It was a shitty animation based on a half-assed concept they couldn't even get right. It's literally a shitty model on ragdoll physics and this is what should replace the current model? The whole presentation pretty much wasted everyone's time.
>>
>>150788469
>invent machine to make creepy zombie animations
>show it to Studio Ghibli
>?
>profit?

Yeah, could realy use this for our upcoming remake of Totoro: Return of the Dead
>>
Luddites get rekt.
>>
>>150793274
they heard he was working on a caterpillar movie and figured it could work out, but didnt have time to swap the human models. was just a big misunderstanding
>>
Kawakami is insane.Why did he give Hayao such a ridiculous irrelevant presentation?
>>
>>150789103
>What is neuroscience.
Look at this AI cuck. I'm sorry, but IA will always shit all over you faggots.
>>
>>150789103
>it will soon
As somebody actually in the AI field, no. Not for anytime soon.
>>
>>150801160
Since you're here can I ask you why we still have workers in factories?

Shouldn't anything with repetition be easily performed by an AI?

Also what exactly do you do in the AI field? Do you know where a smuck like me could read about AI online?
>>
File: ss (2016-12-10 at 10.37.49).jpg (6KB, 164x107px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-12-10 at 10.37.49).jpg
6KB, 164x107px
>>150789103
Transhumafags gtfo
>>
>people still belive robots wont steal most of the jobs in the next few decades.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
>>
>>150801269
>Why we still have workers in factories? Shouldn't anything with repetition be easily performed by an AI?
Maybe, but it also means building the factory yourself, or you can just outsource and have it be somebody else's problem.
>Also what exactly do you do in the AI field?
I study and do research on NLP.
>Do you know where a smuck like me could read about AI online?
https://www.coursera.org/learn/machine-learning
>>
>>150788469
>present something cool
>DUDE ITS NOT DRAWN LMAO

Fuck off.
>>
>>150788469
Miyazaki has every right to be mad, retard
>>
>>150788891
>>150788914

He's a douche bag geezer complaining that things are different instead of focusing on the actual under lying problems. CG can be just as amazing as hand drawn and you're a douche to blame the method itself over the work that goes into it.
>>
>Mr Miyazaki, look, this is what a person would look like if they felt no pain
>MUH FEELINGS YOU INCONSIDERATE BASTARDS, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT PAIN IS, YOU'RE INHUMAN ASSHOLES FOR TRYING TO IMITATE A PERSON IN PAIN
>B-But Mr Miyazaki, we didn't mean tha-
>MY CRIPLED CHILDHOOD FRIEND BOO HOO.
>>
>>150790114
does he really hate otakus that much?
>>
friendly reminder that you can't finance an anime with "artistic vision and integrity" alone. This is an industry like all the other and they want to reduce costs as much as possible and computers animating scenes will become the norm as soon as the technologie is advanced enough.
>>
>>150801452
What is the abordage of AI to NLP? I always thought that most studies of NLP were done by psychologists.
>>
>>150801716
>literally says it's a fictional parody of the actual interview at the start
>>
>>150788469
Weeaboos destroying the civilization.
>>
>>150801741
>ugly-ass CGI produced by no one will become the norm

Maybe for cut-rate cheap anime coming out of fly-by-night studios with a staff of three people.

Just because something is new technology doesn't mean it's useful or valuable, especially in the creative fields.

There are a billion high-tech "innovations" we were told would change animation forever which have since fallen into the garbage heap of history.
>>
>>150788469
What an absolute fucking soap boxing faggot holy shit
>>
>>150788513
>>150788532
>>150788742
Care to explain how an experimental work of art is even remotely related to his fucking crippled friend?
>>
>>150788891
Except he went off his rocker way before that was even mentioned.
>>
>>150788469
>my friend is a zombie and I am so offended
whiny bitch desu
>>
>>150788469
>presents a CG model/animation, specifically referencing how it could be implemented into horrorw works
>Miyazaki calls it an abomination
I mean what the hell was he expecting?
>>
>>150802131
>There are a billion high-tech "innovations" we were told would change animation forever which have since fallen into the garbage heap of history.
And about a billion more that have entered standard use that you probably have no idea about because you couldn't tell the tail end of their workflow environment from the front.
>>
>>150802242
>soap boxing

Americans have a name for everything.
>>
I can't believe there are people on /a/ actually defending Miyazaki
>>
File: Akiross.jpg (14KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
Akiross.jpg
14KB, 300x232px
>>150802131
>There are a billion high-tech "innovations" we were told would change animation forever which have since fallen into the garbage heap of history.

Hey, fans! It's me, Aki Ross, the virtual actress and star of the smash-hit film, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within!

Obviously by now I've been in dozens of other movies in different roles, and changed the acting field forever, just like they said I would!
>>
>>150788469
He's right.
>>
>>150802279
Kek this. The presentation was experimental at best and a dogdy zombie animation at worst, and he goes on a rant about his crippled friend and how "you don't understand what it means to have pain". I love his works but his reaction was literally autism.
>>
>>150802398
Hello, newfriend.
>>
>>150802376
You're pretty subhuman if you actually haven't heard that word before
>>
>>150802461
>my own personal experiences should have an impact on what kind of art is made
miyazaki is literally an SJW
>>
>>150802398

With Miyazaki always is the same,destroy every "threat" at his career.

He is a big reason the anime movie industry never advanced until now

Nepotism,sabotaged careers,constant hypocrisy.
>>
>>150802505
I have you just have autism.
>>
>>150802581
feel free to explain
>>
>>150802376
newfags have a useless space in their post for everything
>>
>>150802599
When I hear a word I haven't hear before I remember it.
When you have autism you shouldn't be on the internet.
>>150802621
Just a mistake.
By the way you are nitpicking cuck.
>>
Pfft.... OP, the programmer is like... using gypsy magic, it's the devil y'know? Would you want voodoo magic in your works as well?
>>
So what, does Miyazaki think that horror shit like Silent Hill or Junji Ito's works to be an "insult to life itself" just because of how fucked up they are?

They even preface the presentation with horror ideas and yet he just goes on a tangent about how it reminds him of some cripple friend of his and how he finds it offensive because of it.
>>
>>150802697
Build wall, paco.
>>
>>150802398
The real surprise is people on /a/ actually defending CGI
>>
>>150802748
¡OBLIGAME!
>>
>>150802754
Cgi is nearly unanimously reviled here, nobody is defending it. The controversy is because Miyazaki dismissed a legitimate business proposition with an unrelated personal anecdote. It just shows how disconnected he is.
>>
>>150802754
It's not about the CGI it's about miyazaki's autistic outburst
>>
>>150802807
Who gives a shit when CGI sucks?
>>
>>150802969
aspergers old senile bags of shit also suck
>>
>>150802754
Current, and in particular Japanese, CGI may be shit but there is absolutely no reason it can't surpass drawing by hand in every aspect eventually. The AI debate is one thing but tools the humans operate with will inevitably improve and even if animators are still necessary one will be able to do the work of ten.
>>
Is that Kojima in the white shirt?
>>
>>150802807
>unanimously
[citation needed]
>>
>>150802995
>absolutely no reason it can't surpass drawing by hand in every aspect eventually
Other than the fact that it doesn't look like a drawing
>>
>>150802995
>there is absolutely no reason it can't surpass drawing by hand
Already is caught up, but only real children get to enjoy that; unsavory late-night manchildren get the crappy stuff, usually.
>>
>>150803032
Yes, it can look like a drawing. It can also look better. Like maybe spend less time greentexting and more explaining why it couldn't.
>>
>>150803008
>nearly unanimously
>nearly

Reading comprehension anon.
And I still stand by that statement.
>>
>>150802995
>CGI may be shit but there is absolutely no reason it can't surpass drawing by hand in every aspect eventually.

No CGI is going to match hand-drawn frames. Too much personality goes into hand-drawn intermediate frames that just can't be replicated otherwise.
>>
>>150788469
Why is he giving his friend a hard time by asking him for a high-five in the first place?
>>
>>150803067
>It can also look better.
Prove it.
>>
>>150803067
Depends where you draw the line at CGI. Is using a tablet "by hand" in your opinion?
>>
>>150803089
And you assume "personality" can't go into CGI? All CGI looks the same to you huh? Racist.
>>
>>150803097
>Why is he giving his friend a hard time by asking him for a high-five in the first place?
Kek. Makes you think doesn't it?
>>
>>150803122
No matter how adept someone gets with an animating interface, it just can't match the control someone has with a hand-drawn cell.

Call me when CGI can dream of something half this glorious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t26m_Q6ENo
>>
>>150803067
You realise that a digital drawing is still CGI, right? No one does shit traditionally anymore already.
>>
>>150803121
I draw the line at not needing to re-draw the same thing, so no tablet is still drawing. CGI is drawing a character, that character having functions like size or alternate parts that you can adjust numerically or in other ways beside literally drawing it differently again, and being able to reuse the same drawing thusly.

Will it become less art and more programming? Yes. Does programming lack personality? No.
>>
>>150803205
>hand drawn
Do you mean stricly traditional media?
>>
>>150788469
They tossed together a program that couldn't walk and looks like a spastic abortion so they're trying to sell it off as a "zombie simulator".

And then they have the audacity to say that they're trying to replace his job.
>>
>>150803213
Yes I do, refer to the post below yours.
>>
>>150803217
you have literally no evidence of this other than "it'll be the future so it'll happen"
>>
>>150789103
Rick & Morty isn't an anime.
>>
>>150803231
I'm talking about drawing frame-by-frame. Digital or traditional though the latter isn't used very much anymore. Maybe I hopped in the wrong discussion but it seemed like people were talking about animating as in defining keyframes and letting software fill in the transition frames.
>>
>>150802754
CGI has advanced in anime so much now

People can't even tell if they are reading a manga that has been made on a computer or hand drawn

same with animation
>>
>>150803217
>Does programming lack personality? No.
It certainly does right now, mate.
>>
File: Memo.jpg (430KB, 1280x2150px) Image search: [Google]
Memo.jpg
430KB, 1280x2150px
>>150788469
i'm more interested in the memo shown in the same tv show rather than that.
("長編企画 覚書" = A memo about a long film project)
>>
>>150803337
>People can't even tell if they are reading a manga that has been made on a computer or hand drawn
That entirely depends on the artist. It's clear as day when Miura started using digital.
>>
>>150803337
>People can't even tell if they are reading a manga that has been made on a computer or hand drawn
Given high quality scans it's pretty obvious actually if the mangaka hasn't gone all out on trying to replicate the traditional media look (they usually don't because if you really wanted your drawings to look old-school you'd just draw it the old-school way instead of trying to fake it with digital).

The way brush strokes fade out with digital drawings compared to the way they do with pen and ink is usually a pretty tell-tale sign.
>>
>>150788469
The problem is that the presentation looked like shit, and the concept behind it was edgy and stupid.

Miyazaki was further pissed when they confessed that they're trying to make a machine that literally replaces artists.

Fuck these guys. Miyazaki is right.
>>
>>150803249
It's already happening...
Anyway, you're the kind of contrarian troll that I hate. I have news for you, burden of proof exists for BELIEFS not claims and since you reject my claim you believe it will not happen and you have no proof it will not happen beside "muh personality"
So yes, why won't it happen?
>>
>>150803511
>confessed that they're trying to make a machine that literally replaces artists
That was a bit retarded, but descending into an irrelevant rant about his crippled friend was completely indefensible. It had literally nothing to do with anything at all. Calling it a fucking "insult to life" like literally what the fuck.
>>
>>150803511
Yeah, I don't get why of all things, they're trying to present the concept of zombie movement to Miyazaki. It's a really weird choice of topic. Honestly, from actually watching the video, it really wasn't as silly as the threads seem to imply, feels like another case of people jumping the guns from out of context quotes.
>>
I really wish Miyazaki would just work on shit and shut the fuck up sometimes
>>
>>150803511
Better to replace artists than have 99 out of 100 be slaves to the 100th because he was titled "director" and got popular with the masses.

Miyazaki already treats his fellow artists like disposable from his ivory tower. Better that no one be forced to work in this soul crushing industry as fodder for egotists and simply make what art they can make on their own
>>
>>150788469

>MUH FEELINGS

Maserati should keep his onions to himself, if he feels insulted by everything.
>>
>>150803234
/thread

The kids are retarded and what Miyazaki said is completely reasonable given the situation.
>>
He's butthurt about being sidelined. He goes on a "muh feelings" rant because that's what an artists has over an AI, and basically only that. An AI can quickly find the way a body would most likely work in real life by running calculations, yielding much better results than an artist who doesn't know what torque is. The video is a good example, it actually have a creepy way of moving that at the same time makes sense for the creature (as they said, it doesn't actually care about protecting its head), had it been made by an artist it would probably be the old trite undead walk with a limp or some added shit.

TL:DR an AI actually calculating what a creature could walk like given a set of data will yield better results than an artist, the artist just has to draw over the AI's animation. This butthurts Miyazaki for obvious reasons.
>>
>>150803582
If you got some talent or decided to get off your fat ass and actually work at something you might not be so bitter over people who spent their lives trying to get to the top and succeeding just because they are strict and say things that hurt your feelings.
>>
>>150788891
Nobody said anything about CGI in anime though, and he didn't even mention it. You could use the model as reference and draw over it however you wish.
>>
>>150803539
He talked about his friend because they were raving about the idea of the zombie like creature being unable to feel pain and using his head like a leg due to its crippled nature and how cool they thought it was.

Miyazaki brought up his crippled friend and how he's suffering because these dipshits were saying "LOL IT'S COOL BECAUSE IT MOVES LIKE A DISABLED PERSON XD", so Miyazaki was offended and said, "No, being disabled isn't cool. It's actually very painful. Fuck you."
>>
>>150803530
>claims don't require evidence to be taken seriously
That's a top meme. There's literally no current indiciation that any kind of programmed animation can even come close to matching high quality frame by frame work. Most contemporary anime/cartoons that obviously make heavy use of tweening etc just look like shit house flash animations like Rick and Morty etc.
>>
Wow are you guys triggered
>>
>>150803599
>an AI actually calculating what a creature could walk like given a set of data will yield better results than an artist
Art's not about realism unless you're a faggot.
>>
>>150803638
>my own personal feelings matter when judging the validity of something
fuck off pussy
>>
>>150803634
Yes, because all those Koreans working in sweatshops totally have a chance to be the next Miyazaki don't they?

Go tell that to all of them.
>>
>>150803653
Good thing we dont have safe spaces on /a/.

Would kill everything.
>>
>>150803638
Who gives a shit in this context.
>>
>>150803681
Are you a Korean working in a sweatshop? No? What the fuck's that got to do with anything then?
>>
>>150803700
>what are generals?
>>
>>150803539
See, the way I look at it, Miyazaki sure doesn't seem like someone who is in-tune with pop cultural fascinations with zombies. Imagine them going to him and say they've developed a new tech that'll bring changes to animation. Old man Miyazaki's probably still thinking along the line of mo-caps and rotoscopes to make human or animals movement more realistic and then they show him zombies.
>>
>>150803663
What validity did that shit even have? It was a poorly rendered goblin with ragdoll physics. It was a complete fucking waste of time, and the concept behind it made them sound like fucking edgelords.
>>
>>150803733
Yeah, it was a piece of shit, but that still has absolutely nothing to do with his faggot crippled friend or how it made him think of it. Like how is that even close to relevant? If you think something is shit, you say that's a piece of shit and I'm not interested, not well muh cripped friend lul.
>>
>>150788469
he literally said nothing wrong. Only this man could piss of so many otakus and it's great
>>
>>150803599
Except that of all things they choose to show to Miyazaki, it's zombies. It's Miyazaki, not John Carpenter or Giger. You might have a point if he gave the comment after seeing the simulation of regular human walking or doing human stuff since Miyazaki once ranted that current animators do not observe how humans move enough. But it's not.

>>150803234
I can agree with this.
>>
>>150803758
see >>150803729
Old dude probably don't even get the point of playing games like CoD.
>>
>>150803719
No such thing, the mods removed them all.

There would be possible no way that they bailed out before finishing the job since the mods/janitors are actually competent and wants to save /a/ again and are all from /a/ and not reddit or tumblr.

Totally.
>>
I'm a computer scientist software engineer doing machine learning and even I think he is right

Having the entire creative process of humans trying to convey emotions through their art replaced by algorithms sounds fucking awful
>>
>>150803793
I don't get why people are that pissed off against him either. I mean yeah, the bit about 'insult to life' MIGHT be a tad harsh, but the presentation sounds rather arrogant as well. Going from 'randomly twitching creepy movement' to 'believably human movement' is a VERY big jump.
>>
File: 1422437105141.jpg (36KB, 599x372px) Image search: [Google]
1422437105141.jpg
36KB, 599x372px
>>150788469
Miyazaki is a creative worker and was pitched a project that would automate creative work. Nobody likes hearing that a computer can do your job better than you, least of all artistic types like him.
>>
>>150801755
I think you're thinking of neuro-linguistic programming, while he's talking about natural language processing. Systems like Wolfram Alpha and Google Now rely heavily on this.
>>
>>150803875
I agree with the fact that it looks like shit and removing the human element from art is a bad idea, I just hate the dumb preaching. Just say it's shit and move on.
>>
>>150803846
All generals have been purged, yes, though general idiocy still remains. I wonder how they'll deal with that one. Even more tenacious than your usual specially-powered shonen MC.
>>
>>150803945
Did you even watch the video? Some zombie rolling on the ground is a far cry from doing the artists' job better. Unless you work exclusively in animating zombie anime. If that is the basis for replacing his work then yes, he is right in calling it an insult.
>>
>>150804044
>All generals have been purged
Not really.

I can send you too one that is still going strong for 11 months ago.

It went strong also in 2012-2013.
>>
>because you know what the robot really looks like, you know that most of the things that the robot is imagining it is, are wrong

damn

really makes you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNL5-0_T1D0
>>
>>150804054
Give it a few years. Not for humans, but for creatures? Artists will be likely using AI generated references to draw over.
>>
>>150804054
y-yeah, but EVENTUALLY it will be better! And then we won't need those fucking asshole artists that I can't stand anymore!
>>
>>150804044
No. Garupan's still there.
>>
>>150803646
>claims don't require evidence to be taken seriously
No, rejecting a claim is a claim in itself. You didn't just now hear about this, as is evident from the rest of your post. You had an opinion of your own based on which you rejected mine. Therefore we both have a burden of proof, the negative claim just has a lesser burden. Go read/listen to some actual epistemology not just listen to Hitchens debating creationists.

>There's literally no current indiciation that any kind of programmed animation can even come close to matching high quality frame by frame work
What kind of example are you looking for me to provide? I mainly enjoy CGI porn so that's something I can provide that looks better than anything I've ever seen drawn. Beyond quality I specifically mentioned the quantity as well, i.e. cost and labor. The abundance of porn made in MMD, SFM, Blender, Maya, TK17, Waifu simulator etc being made for next to nothing by individuals (after the program is created) is evidence enough of cost reduction.

Now I can grant you in anime specifically there is no example I can pull that is both clearly CGI (lots of anime use CGI elements, reusing assets like facial parts and shit but nothing entirely CGI) and also looks as good as drawn. This is not necessarily because it can't be done and if you think it is that's a claim you need to defend.

>Most contemporary anime/cartoons that obviously make heavy use of tweening etc just look like shit house flash animations like Rick and Morty etc.
If you want CGI to match drawn then it by definition will not be obvious and I argue that CGI will slowly replace part by part the drawing process. Design might remain the domain of artists but once a design exists there is absolutely no reason it can't be better manipulated by programs than the human hand. If you think there is a reason feel free to speak up.
>>
>>150802461
What no. Can´t you fucking understand what he tried to convey? He just fucking said that they are not doing it right, if they watched real cripples, they would have gotten the AI thing to convey fear and pain, instead is just a ragdoll crawling around.
>>
>>150804185
>zombie or otherwordly creature
>muh fear and pain tho
>>
>>150804223
>implying they didn't tag on the "zombie" idea after they saw how fucking retarded an animation their algorithm was outputting
And even for zombies it looks stupid as hell. If I played a Resident Evil or Dead Space game with zombie-like creatures moving at me like that I'd fucking piss my pants from laughter.
>>
/a/'s hateboner towards Miyazaki will always be amusing to me.
>>
>>150804185
They literally said that the thing was purposefully acting without any sense of pain hence why it's even using its head to crawl around. What the fuck does that have to do with actually knowing pain/fear if it's a creature that's not meant to recognize those?

I'll give you that it was just some retarded ragdoll animation but his anecdote had nothing to do with it besides triggering him about his cripple friend.
>>
File: 1481358299019.png (295KB, 331x437px) Image search: [Google]
1481358299019.png
295KB, 331x437px
>>150788469
Why does he hate /a/ so much?
>>
So why should I care about what he says? He may have been influential before but now he's just a grump who shits on anything and everything that's not his work.
>>
>>150804223
Well a mere ragdoll that display nothing is not really that scary if they want it to be scary.

Just slightly creapy on its own. You have to throw in some spooky music (which is done anyway) to make it close to scary.
>>
>>150804169
>Go read/listen to some actual epistemolog
Not that anon, but what do you RECOMMEND?
>>
>>150804370
>It may have application as a zombie creature
>But it doesn´t act like a zombie
>N-NO IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ZOMBIE
Don´t be fucking retarded.
>>
>>150804372
Because he hates our guts for calling him out on his stupid shit
>>
>>150788469
I feel like he was right to be flabbergasted. Do you really think the same guy who made Totoro has any fucking use for something that "could be applied to zombie video games"?
>>
>>150804370
I think it's about believability. What emotions do you want your audience to have when they see your zombie. From prominent horror writers to horror directors or Andy Serkis doing the latest mo-cap, you'll find that they often do use real life as a basis. Sure, in theory, it's easy to say they're zombie and don't feel pain and hence it's ok. But the result? Does it convey the right emotion or response you want to elicit from your audience. You already have one example here >>150804259 works well theory, but not in execution. To go back to the bit about horror artists, you also often hear those people talking about basing movements off real life even for otherworldly beings. Basically, you want to mix some form of realism to invoke that sense of uncanny valley: partly real things you can relate and partly otherworldly.

This in turn ties in to what Miyazaki used to rant about: current animators do not observe enough how humans move, so as to create better animation. Hence his comment about the cripple in the video.
>>
>>150804372
He's 100% right, /a/ is disgusting as fuck I remember back in 2007-2010 where it wasn't complete moe~ trash and stupid kei-on and nichijou fags now you can't find any good anime here it's stupid shit like Keijo
>>
do you think he's angry about your name taking all the fame and people caring about him less now?
>>
How are you faggots that spread fake quotes and misconception on the old guys hate regarding the current state of anime industry, any different from what /pol/ does? At this point you guys are circlejerking fake facts about unimportant shit. At least they are meming about important issues.
>>
>>150804223

has there been any piece of zombie media that bases their zombie on heavily disfigured people I wonder
>>
>>150804491
This. Why the hell are they presenting zombies to him? They should presenting things like how their engine simulate animal movement and that sort. Showing him zombies make no sense.
>>
File: 1344236378206.png (54KB, 297x217px) Image search: [Google]
1344236378206.png
54KB, 297x217px
This is just what success does to people. Miyazaki's an egotistical prick. I can't even enjoy his shit anymore when I know who crapped it out.
>>
>>150788469
Well in the context of horror and zombie stuff isn't that quote a(n unintended) compliment?
>>
File: 1346020541748.jpg (14KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1346020541748.jpg
14KB, 150x150px
>Old man that can't stand new things
>"All this modern-day stuff is trash"

So, basically, he's just the average old man. Just ignore him and laugh when he dies literally shitting himself in the next few years.
>>
>>150788469
>What the hell is his problem?
He is a decent human being in the world of senseless otakus
>>
File: 1457066233054.jpg (5KB, 186x208px) Image search: [Google]
1457066233054.jpg
5KB, 186x208px
>>150788469
>So here we have an attempt at making grotesque inhuman horror
>This is disgusting and horrifying and an insult to life

So they accomplished exactly what they intended, then?
>>
>>150804547

probably because they are programmers and they though that zombies hip and edgy, it's too bad they didn't realize that they were about to deal with a baby boomer and we all know how well they understand tech
>>
>>150804650
His complaints largely aren't even about otaku. His "anime was a mistake" thing is older than most people on this board and goes back to Tezuka's Mighty Atom of all things.
>>
>>150804505
>I remember when [time in which most of /a/ unironically loved Keion, Lucky Star and Hidamari Sketch]
Sure thing buddy
>>
>>150804481
>But it doesn´t act like a zombie
I'd agree with you except for the fact that they said that they weren't even going for conventional human movements i.e. a traditional zombie.

>>150804504
See I actually agree with you and how that applies to what Miyazaki said before. That said, the animators said that they wanted a program that could generate movements that humans wouldn't normally think of (so basically they're going for completely inhuman movements without any concept of self-preservation), which is why it's even more puzzling that Miyazaki would relate that to his crippled friend.

That said, it's kinda retarded that they'd even show this kind of stuff to Miyazaki, when it's a genre and medium that barely has anything to do with his works.

>>150804625
>>150804671
Exactly these.
>>
File: Majyo Houki Ch28-1.png (72KB, 280x249px) Image search: [Google]
Majyo Houki Ch28-1.png
72KB, 280x249px
>>150804341
>see a thread about Miyazaki
>plenty of posts mocking him for saying X
>read or watch the source in entirety
>he either didn't even say X or is something not quite the same as X given the context
Every fucking time.
>>
>>150804547
Because they don´t have to tech to demonstrate anything at that level. The moving abomination was what they had, and that is what they showed.
>>150804692
No because that´s their progress so far you fucking retard.
>>
>>150804625
>>150804671
>Whoever creates this stuff has no idea what pain is or whatsoever.
>If you really want to make creepy stuff, you can go ahead and do it.
It's important to keep in mind that Miyazaki is someone who feels like art is intrinsically tied to its artist. I remember him saying something along the lines of "When you see an artist drawing an angry character, he's frowning. When you see artist drawing a happy character, he's smiling. So I try and draw happy characters."

So when he sees some CGI abomination that didn't have any emotion put into in it (practically by design), he's disgusted on multiple levels.
>>
>>150804822
They were going for whatever they had at the moment. He gave an example on what their product can be used for right now. Which the old goat shot down, because it wasn´t good enough for that.
>>
>>150804450
Asking for a recommendation on epistemology in general is pretty hard, but I can recommend this youtuber and in particular this debate regarding burden of proof:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_8tQ--yyGo

This is a generally awesome channel that uploads lots of philosophy.
https://www.youtube.com/user/soultorment27

And this is a prominent modern philosopher that I can recommend.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MassimoPigliucci
>>
>>150804841
>/a/ = Getting their facts right
This board is at the same level as /v/ right now. No source, misinterpreting the real source, spouting garbage as facts without any concrete ground to base it on and so on.
>>
File: 1423257840603.jpg (77KB, 1096x447px) Image search: [Google]
1423257840603.jpg
77KB, 1096x447px
>>150804841
You can't believe everything you read online.
>>
>>150804169
Doesn't your entire premise bank on the demand for 2D animation basically disappearing? You saying that you prefer 3D porn doesn't mean that it's enough to just completely supersede 2D as it stands today just because you subjectively believe that it looks better than anything you've seen drawn.
>>
Friendly reminder that just because he made some great movies doesn't mean his opinions mean jack shit, and he's obviously a jackass in this video, talking straight out of his ass and seemingly purposefully making no sense whatsoever.

>>150804822
They showed it to him because their ultimate goal was to make an AI that could draw. He is a famous artist and animator.
>>
>>150788469
BASED
>>
>>150804939
Thanks anon
>>
>>150788469
He's basically stating what Hawking, Gates, and Musk have already touched on but from an artistic perspective this time.
>>
Can someone provide me a video of him praising someone else's work that's not his friends or his. All I ever hear from this guy is him botching about something and then we're all meant to follow his opinion like a bunch of sheep.
>>
>>150788469
Man, hipsters and normies love this faggot.
>>
>>150788469

Relevancy deprivation

He's Japanese Alan Moore now
>>
>>150804906
Makes sense, though it puzzles why they'd think such imagery would even please an oldie like Miyazaki.

>>150804976
>He is a famous artist and animator.
I know, I love a lot of his stuff.

>They showed it to him because their ultimate goal was to make an AI that could draw.
With that goal in mind combined with the questionable presentation, I can understand why he'd be upset. With that being said,

>he's obviously a jackass in this video, talking straight out of his ass and seemingly purposefully making no sense whatsoever.
I agree.
>>
>>150804841
>>150804943
>>150804946
The best (worst) ones are when you have a link to yaraon and the OP only translates the article's clickbait title. And then like after 100+ posts of anons bickering over it, a moonfag turns up and translate the actual content of the article. And it's revealed that most of the posters were full of shit and arguing based on bullshit.
>>
>>150788469

Showing a great lack of professionalism. These guys busted their balls to do this and he is cutting them off because reasons.
>>
>>150805031
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/09/02/hayao-miyazaki-slams-anime-hints-at-comeback-and-praises-the-red-turtle-and-all-in-one-breath/
>de Wit also met with anime luminary Hayao Miyazaki, who gave him his opinion of the finished film. In typical Miyazaki fashion, it also contains a thinly veiled condemnation of derivative or self-indulgent art, as he told the 63-year-old Dutch animator:
>"It’s marvelous that the film is absolutely free of influences from Japanese animation."
>>
>Miyazaki hates otaku
>His one of the best friend is otaku's god anno
>>
>>150805126
This. I wonder what Miyazaki thinks of Anno's legacy. Has he ever commented on them?
>>
>>150805081
I would say the worst thing is that they pretend to ignore the real translation and either just continue to shitpost or switch subject without admitting wrong..
>>
>>150805149
Probably thinks it's better than life itself.
>>
>>150805052
I have no idea why, anon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzcfsq1_bt8
>>
File: 1419855073994.jpg (47KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
1419855073994.jpg
47KB, 624x480px
>>150805126
Anno hates otaku as well. Because Anno hates himself.
>>150805149
>>150805172
He was apparently influenced by Eva while making Mononoke.
http://eva.onegeek.org/pipermail/oldeva/1998-August/019965.html
>>
>>150805113
>Busted their balls
You don´t know that. For what is shown though, unimpressed is putting it mildly.
>Professionalism
Guy was a dick, but when you are so fucking old, and getting your time wasted with garbage, seems reasonable to not beat around the bush.
>>
>>150804969
No, not entirely. You are somewhat correct that I think 3D (the animated kind not real, ugh) is superior to 2D but my primary premise is that drawing is a purely mechanical act and as such can definitely be replicated by machines. Whether computers can replicate our brain is debatable, but it can certainly replicate our hands. If 2D animation does not become increasingly automated it will not be because it can't be.
>>
>>150805116
Miracles do exist then.
>>
>>150805126
But has Miyazaki ever watched one of his "friend's" movies, or made a constructive comment on it?
>>
>>150805289
I wonder what he'd think of the Rebuild films.
>>
>>150805289
Has someone else shitted on his work and he responded?
>>
>>150791016
He's literally just old. You shouldn't hold it against him that the world's leaving him behind and he's too old to keep coping with it anymore.
>>
>>150805361
That's part of life anon. You need to learn to accept things change and won't stay the same. He needs to do the same and get over it and move on.
>>
>>150792657
He'll be long dead before AI spits out anything that isn't gibberish.
>>
>>150805400
By the way I'd just like to remind everyone that solving CAPTCHA is us participating in AI research. And they said /a/ doesn't contribute to society...
>>
File: 1472728594788.jpg (119KB, 839x835px) Image search: [Google]
1472728594788.jpg
119KB, 839x835px
>>150805205
>the creator of "Laputa",
"Totorto" etc (I forgot his name)
>>
>>150805353
We should kickstart this. Here's the plan:

We make contacts with the yakuza in Miyazaki's general area.
We have the yakuza find an abandoned theater, change the locks and get the power running.
A single dark blue folding chair is placed in the theater.
We have the yakuza abduct Miyazaki and tape him into the chair. His eyes are taped open and he is given an IV for health and safety reasons.
There is an emt present on the spot should anything happen, or rather a yakuza member who failed his med school.
We have the theater show the complete blurays of NGE. After the series, EoE is immediately shown to Miyazaki in its entirety.
Miyazaki is provided with a collar so he cannot look away. The chair is also fastened to the floor so he can't intentionally tip over and look away.
After the movie, the lights will go on and the whole gang will appear around Miyazaki, clapping their hands and saying omedetou. He is unstrapped from the chair, given water and a medical checkup, and returned home in the comfort of a gang limo.
>>
>>150805289
>But has Miyazaki ever [...] made a constructive comment
nah
>>
>>150788469
Well I mean, the deep learning presented in the video is retarded and doesn't do a good job of selling the concept.

But Miyazaki is also retarded. Literally what is his reason for hating it? It's unnatural? Come on, get with the times.
>>
File: Miyazaki in the cinema.png (2MB, 1440x1090px) Image search: [Google]
Miyazaki in the cinema.png
2MB, 1440x1090px
>>150805609
This is perfect.
Make it happen yakuza Anons.
>>
I can't believe /a/'s hate boner for Miyazaki is so large that they'd actually defend CG and fucking robots making Anime.
>>
File: 9wck0CRs71rno0x6o4_500.gif (1MB, 500x216px) Image search: [Google]
9wck0CRs71rno0x6o4_500.gif
1MB, 500x216px
>>150805803
>>
>>150805803
I wouldn't say everyone's defending the robots and CG but more everyone just hates him or actually him and CG really.
>>
>>150805437
If the captchas I get are anything to go by then all we're doing is advancing the AI of delivery drones and air combat targeting systems. So basically mundane shit.
>>
>>150801160
Normies don't understand that the current AI hype is just Machine Learning aka. classifier
>>
>>150789103
Go back to AB, nekrololita.
>>
File: 6.jpg (169KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
169KB, 900x675px
>>150788469
>feel disgusted by zombie
>its supposed to be considered bad
Miyazaki is a fucking retard.
>>
>>150788469
He is right.
>>
>>150788469
Can't say I'm very fond of anti-human anti-war man.
>>
This is like the fifth time we had this thread.
>>
>>150802527
He literally is, he is a super commie
>>
>>150805803
Because hating CG as a concept is fucking stupid. You can criticize the quality of CG works, but saying that the idea of CG offends you personally because it's not human enough is not valid criticism.
>>
>>150806902
It's still the best thread on /a/ right now.
>>
File: 05106561050.png (102KB, 275x327px) Image search: [Google]
05106561050.png
102KB, 275x327px
>>150788469
>"I strongly feel that this is an insult to life itself"
>next day, one of the guys who made this presentation kill himself
>>
>>150792797
I sure hope your son isn't as stupid as you.
>>
>>150788469
>Look how creepy it is, wouldn't this be neat in horror games?
>this triggers me because I have a disabled friend

I don't see how the people can defend this, his argument about "the people who made this don't know what pain is" makes literally no sense. He's projecting some issues he's dealing with onto something that has NOTHING to do with those issues.
>>
>>150792797
>The only knowledge it could possibly learn is ours, as that is the only knowledge there is. Anything would be a complete guess and therefore illogical in an entirely logical based system.

Lol. You have no concept of how strong AI would work. The video in the OP literally shows a system using information it gained on it's own through repeated experiments, but you sit here and say that AI could never learn anything on it's own. In fact you even go as far to say that human knowledge is the only knowledge. What the fuck am I even reading?
>>
>buttblasted by opinions

Who gives a HECK
>>
>>150808896
Learn more philosophy plz. The only true "strong AI" existed is created by Nature. The arrogant hyuuman can only create a mere imitation of it.
>>
>>150788469
As a person who learn Informatics, I'm fucking agree with him. Who is the fucking retard that want to replace all analog machines (humans) with digital ones (computers)? While digital can give us good enough results, many subtle things and individual creativeness will be lost in the process.

Fuck this retard world who want to hit everything with a single fucking hammer! Analog and digital have to coexisted.
>>
>>150788469
I think it's pretty reductive just using that technology for horror games when it has much grander potential applications
>>
>>150804370
This tbqh. He was just looking for a reason to get outraged
>>
Shouldve shown miyazaki a rube goldberg style perpetually moving my little porny scat orgy for even more effect.
What was their big idea there?
>>
>hello there look we made this thing called agriculture, with this you don't need to risk your life killing dangerous animals
>I HAVE A FRIEND WHO IS A HUNTER, I MEET HIM EVERY DAY, NOT EVERY DAY NOW, WHO IS WEAK AND CAN'T EVEN KILL A RABBIT. FRANKLY SPEAKING LOOKING AT THIS PLANTATION DISGUSTS ME AND IS AN INSULT. THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE THIS ARE DISGUSTING AND HAVE NO CONCEPT OF WHAT A HUNTER FEEL
>>
>>150804867
Explains why he draws half naked little girls
>>
>>150810522
So he can feel what it's like to be a lewd little girl?

When you put it that way, maybe I should become an artist.
>>
>>150788469
>failed AI learning experiment that produces nothing but garbage
>it's unique grotesque movement that no human could come up with
>w-we can use for... zombies!
He's right to trash this.
>>
>>150805803
Because instead of saying he isn't fan he drags in an unrelated cripple and tells them they're insulting life itself.
>>
File: noctis.jpg (198KB, 1005x959px) Image search: [Google]
noctis.jpg
198KB, 1005x959px
he seems butthurt that computers can make better animations than him
>>
>>150801511
Most of the posts here say otherwise.
>>
You are all young and stupid, and don't even understand the scale Miyazaki used. Also, you've only heard cheap media tales about computer science, and don't know shit about it. "HURR DURR granddad can't into computers" only explains limits of speaker's mind.

No wonder one can't have a decent discussion on /a/. No wonder popular anime is a spoon-feeding cliche recognition borefest in which the likes of you gladly participate.

What was their goal? What were they trying to say? What thoughts made them start their hard work? If these questions are without answers, they are creative zeros. Worse, they are wasting time on creating superficial imitation of art. "You are grown men and, supposedly, specialists, why are you fucking wanking like that? You had no idea what to create, you couldn't even apply your creation to anything more complex than 'zombies, lol'. Why are you pretending to have a new word for the world?" is what he said, if you really can't get it without explanation, you suckers.
>>
>>150788469
dude CGI lmao
>>
>>150788469
He cannot handle the truth about himself.
He is one of the fools who believe in pre-made wish fulfillment lies like Soul and Artistic value.
He cannot handle the fact there is nothing special about everything he did in his life, a sufficiently advanced machine could do the same and no one would be able to tell the difference.
>>
>>150788469
That fucking stupid zombie

That reaction from Miyazaki

I can't stop laughing.
>>
>>150811857
>a sufficiently advanced machine could do the same and no one would be able to tell the difference.

You have no idea how to create something if you actually think this.
>>
>>150812239

Well he is technically correct, as a sufficiently advanced machine would literally be a clone of Miyazaki.

But, yea i agree that certain things are as of now still impossible to do with machines.
>>
>Disney gets interested in this project
>hire these nips
>win a Oscar using this technology
>Miyazaki finally commits sudoku
>>
>>150812300
Technically correct means nothing until it put to test, and most of the times it fails because all the angles of reality starts to influence.

Every creator dreams big and thinks that their ideas will work 100%. But it doesn't, it never does because it has not left the idea stage yet and faced the complications that can come from anywhere.
>>
>>150812391
Disney did some insane calculations for how snow works. Do you think that actually helped Frozen sell so much?
>>
>>150811857
>a sufficiently advanced machine could do the same and no one would be able to tell the difference

Sufficiently advanced farting can make you land on the moon.

Shit like that is usually only said by people trying to sell you a special fart reflector that makes this task easier with a limited time discount. Call now to get it!
>>
File: 1354347278250.jpg (30KB, 480x394px) Image search: [Google]
1354347278250.jpg
30KB, 480x394px
>It looks like it's dancing.
What the fuck is he talking about?

>An artificial intelligence could present us grotesque movements which we humans can't imagine.

1. This fucking kid has NO imagination at all. I mean, really? He doesn't think anyone can imagine grotesque movement like that?

2. He is overvaluing his work. No one would ever want to use what he showed on screen, and he did not demonstrate anything else in the presentation. Why should anyone believe this could become any more complex and thus usable?

3. He is pulling this shit out of his ass so hard just so he can pretend to have a presentation. Miyazaki most likely picked up on this, too. It's very obvious how silly this entire "experiment" and demonstrate is.

/a/ being assblasted over this video pretty much proves Miyazaki's complaint valid that the problem with anime is that there are too many anime fans. Basically, shut-ins who spend all waking hours just watching anime hence why they have little to no life experience interacting with other humans, which is why they are so clueless about producing interesting animation and stories and why so much anime is filled with impractical human behavioral traits.
>>
>>150812658
>/a/ being assblasted over this video pretty much proves Miyazaki's complaint valid that the problem with anime is that there are too many anime fans.
>/a/ ever actually producing anime
>unironically using a DBZ reaction pic
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>150812239
Oh, really?

//miyazaki movie generator
using nostalgia;
using system.pastoral.collections;
using GUM;

Class MiyazakiStoryGenerator : Monobehavior
{

private void Awake()
{
GetHeroine();
GetSetting();
MakeSpecialPlane();
GenerateEnvironmentalMessage();
}

private void Start()
{
CreateLonging();
if (Random <= 0.5f) displayPanorama(); //50% chance of displaying panorama
SepareteFromLovedOnes();
if (Random <= 0.5f) displayPanorama();
MakeStandardPredicament();
ComingOfAge(GetHeroine);
SpellOutMessage();
RollCredits();
}

public void GetHeroine()
{
skills[] = {flying, navigation, outdoors, enviromental science};
GUM.Generate.Face(); //calls the Grumpy Old Man (tm) to generate a face
generatedFace.hair = short;
repeat (GUM.Generate.Personality) until ((heroine.personality == "yamato") AND (pure == true);
}

}
>>
>>150812658
see
>>150804841
>>150805081
>>150805152
That's all you need to know, really. It's pretty telling as well from a lot of the posts where they only fixate on that bit and ignore the contexts.

>>150812925
>unironically using a DBZ reaction pic
Yeah, because we can only use pics from shows you like.
>What did he mean by this?
Unironically using /tv/ meme. You're not helping your case. The guy using dbz pics has more reason to be here than you.
>>
>>150812994
You're not as witty as you think.
>>
>>150813021
Still doesn't address
>/a/ ever actually producing anime
>>
>>150813049
You're just tsun tsun towards my algorithm.
>>
>>150812994
That's most cringeworthy type of "IT humour" only suitable to attract women and liberal art majors to 21 day PHP courses.
>>
File: 1371254509697.png (8KB, 645x759px) Image search: [Google]
1371254509697.png
8KB, 645x759px
>>150812994
I felt secondhand embarrassment from reading your post, anon. Please stop
>>
>>150812994
cringe
>>
>>150812994
Wow! He really put this much effort into something this dumb.
>>
>>150812994
This is just great.
A Miyazaki simulator.
>>
>>150813049
>>150813212
>>150813279
>>150813315
>Samefag Miyazakifag BTFO by an algorithm

My sides.
>>
>>150788469

Situation is pretty fucked up. Would of helped if they did not use those horrifying models.

That project was using a artificial evolution sim algorithm. I have spent time studying implementations and even attempted to create my own. Watching this man shitting on it as a programmer is pissing me off.

There are many forms of evo sims out there, there are even programs anyone can play with! A 2D example: http://rednuht.org/genetic_walkers/
>>
Really, Miyazaki's style is so precise and formulaic you could animate all in-betweens with an algorithm. It just needs a good set of constraints to keep the animations soft and volumes more or less constant.
You could even procedurally generate most of the backgrounds and just add a few set pieces here and there.
Thread posts: 273
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.