[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Frieza hadn't genocided all the Saiyans wouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 4

File: Freeza_Destroys_Planet_Vegeta.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Freeza_Destroys_Planet_Vegeta.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
If Frieza hadn't genocided all the Saiyans wouldn't they have eventually overrun the galaxy and murdered everyone? Did Frieza really do anything wrong?
>>
>>150485893
>the picture not named "Freezadidnothingwrong.jpg"
>>
>>150485893
Until beerus wakes up
>>
well there's also the multiple counts of genocide for the sake of his real estate business, anon.
>>
>>150485893
Nah, even the most powerful Saiyan, king Vegeta, was weaker than Dodoria and Zarbon.
Saiyans were too stupid to train or exploit zenkai boosts.
>>
>>150485893
no, Frieza just fell into a self fulfilling prophecy. As we've seen with Vegeta, if one of them had become a super saiyan, there'll probably be an ass load of them get super butthurt and do everything to take him down so chances are the problem would have probably taken care of itself
>>
>>150485893
Weren't they basically slaves who were only fighting frieza to get their independence back or something?
>>
>>150488152
>slaves

They enjoyed the work, it was Freeza who was afraid of them.
>>
>>150488277
didn't they try and rise up against frieza though?
>>
>>150488430
Only Bardock did, and that was after he had visions of Freeza destroying Planet Vegeta.
All the stuff with King Vegeta was anime only filler.
>>
Beerus was going to blow that rock apart anyway
>>
>>150487808
The only reason the Earth Saiyans got so strong is because they had magic beans that could instantly heal them of all wounds. The other Saiyans just died from their wounds probably.
>>
>>150485893
But it was Frieza who gave them the technology to travel to other planets in the first place. They wouldn't have done shit other than beat each other up on their own little planet if it wasn't for him.
>>
>>150489240
The other Saiyans can heal in the healing pods provided by Freeza.
>>150489328
>>
>>150489240
I am sorta with this.
Organ damage do stack up.
Zenkai isn't enough, but we are also shown that zenkai is less effective with instant healing, where the organ damage is located.

So Sayjins wouldn't really have gotten anywhere.
And as we are shown: Sentient species doing Ki training is what gets them somewhere, not being a superior race doing death battles
>>
>>150487808
>>150489240

No. The real reason goku got to be so strong is because he went through experiences a common saiyan would never go. He experimented all kinds of feels and motivation to get himself stronger for the sake of the ones he care about, something a saiyan would never care. So goku became a Super saiyan by trasspassing all of the saiyan's limitations by being raised as a human, then obviously Vegeta turned Super Saiyan after realizing (up to some point..) that same thing.
>>
>>150485893
>If Frieza hadn't genocided all the Saiyans wouldn't they have eventually overrun the galaxy and murdered everyone? Did Frieza really do anything wrong?

Goku literally says that the saiyajin were bad guys and they deserved what they got.
>>
>>150489328
I thought the Saiyan adopted advanced tech from the Tuffles when they took over as the dominant species. Tuffle soldiers had something akin to scouters when fighting.
>>
>>150491016
Frieza's guys use the same stuff as Saiyans do so I doubt it.
>>
>>150491427
Maybe they stole it from the tuffles?

Episode of Bardock show that the fluid from the healing pods came from the plantian race inhabiting Planet Plant. Also Chilled died from his injuries in an operating table indicating that they weren't as medically advanced back then.
>>
>>150485893
>If Hitler hadn't genocided all the jews wouldn't they have eventually overrun the earth and murdered everyone? Did Hitler really do anything wrong?
>>
>>150487808
Bardock was stronger than King Vegeta
>>
>>150491016
>>150491836
Tuffles are GT, and thus non-canon

Episode of Bardock was a non-canon movie.
>>
>>150493194
Tuffles were also in Z way before GT was a thing.
>>
>>150490527
Wasn't Vegeta still an asshole when he became a SSJ? Also, he still managed to be as strong as the lesser forms of Freezer while being an absolute asshole, and all that hapened in the span of like one or two days, from 18.000 to easily 1.000.000.

Toriyama made Frieza's PL way too high, so of course the cast got pure bullshit power ups to fight him. Vegeta going from getting wrecked by Recoom to fighting toe to toe with Frieza first form was stupid as hell.
>>
>>150493409
Not in the manga.
>>
>>150492492
Yet he still got stomped by Dodoria, and he was probably the strongest Saiyan alive at that point.

If the Saiyans ever reached Namek, Nail alone would have been enough to curbstomp them given he was twice as strong as Dodoria.
>>
>>150493501
Yeah, power levels could have made sense, but they were implemented awfully.
>>
>>150487808
If they were allowed to survive, they would have gradually improved.
To a lesser extent than Goku, but Frieza literally offed them because he feared their boundless potential surpassing his.

>>150493627
I think they were implemented well, but however well implemented they are, jumps that enormous are always going to seem iffy.
>>
>>150493704
That's what I mean, those jumps were just ridiculous. The Zenkai Boosts shouldn't have been so overpowered, especially since they hadn't been a device in DB at all.

The progression should have been more linear.
>>
>>150493763
>especially since they hadn't been a device in DB at all.

Looking at it retrospectively, you could say they were a thing beforehand, just not one fully expanded upon as they were in the Frieza arc.

>The progression should have been more linear.

It was linear. Just linear in leaps and jet-rides.
I liked how much stronger Vegeta became, and how he abused the mechanic only to be horribly outmatched yet again. It gave the necessary gravity to probably the best final boss DB has ever had.
My biggest issue is they haven't really resurfaced since. Vegeta, the power-lusting, narcissistic egomaniac, isn't constantly abusing Zenkai with some device rigged up by Bulma to nearly eviscerate him then bring him back.
>>
>>150493961
At the start of DBZ Goku was at about 300 of PL. In Namek Zenkais raised their powerlevel way too much for him to have been that low, even if he didn't lose that much in DB.

Also, that's not what linear means.
>>
>>150494076
Fucking Yamcha just needed to train for one year to get stronger than Radditz, who was way, way stronger than Goku and Piccolo.

Powerlevels are bullshit.
>>
>>150494417
Yeah, I'm arguing that.
>>
>>150494076
Linear means progressing in a straightforward path with no divergences.
I'm not sure how you could have "divergences" with a numerical value. They rose, albeit in differing orders of magnitude, but they did so linearly.
>>
>>150494488
First of all, that's not what linear means. We also don't know how the power levels rose between two known points, so we can't say it's linear. We can just get an overall sense of his his power level moved through time, and that itself wasn't linear at all.
>>
>>150494488
Linear means a normalized progression, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.
DBZ has Exponential growth, 1, 2, 4, 8, etc.
>>
>>150494603
It is what it means. Linear is occuring in sequence in steps or moving from one point to another in a line.
We know how his powerlevel rose, the element was introduced, it's just how believable/well-written it was.
>>
>>150494765
It has to be a straight line, otherwise it's not linear. What you are saying is more similar to continuous, but not quite the same.
>>
File: image.jpg (133KB, 401x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133KB, 401x333px
>I'm deathly afraid that these monkey creatures will one day surpass me
>maybe I should change forms and train a bit, maybe for 4 months and one day or so
>nah that's silly I'll just live in a flying wheelchair and never work out at all and hope for the best
Frieza was literally retarded.
>>
>genocide people to prevent genocide

Doesn't really work like that dude
but really, there's no deep morality and it's just shit happening
>>
>>150485893
they were fucking animals for me it's ok, Frieza was bad yes but he stole and made others slaves, saiyans were fucking savages
>>
>>150494488
Linear as in a fucking linear equation, idiot.
Y=mx+b
>>
>>150494838
Or you know, the fact he just needs to train a bit to get 1.000.000 times strong is an asspull because Toei wanted to make a movie with him and they needed him to be a threat.
>>
>>150493535
>muh not canon if it's not in the untranslated manga elitism
>muh secret club
>>
>>150495047
> untranslated

So all the translated DB books on my shelf are an illusion? damn.
>>
>>150495003
>asspull
Retard.
>>
>>150495142
Your whole life is a fucking illusion
>>
>>150495204
So you're one too?
>>
>>150495047
That has nothing to do with the argument of it not being in the manga. If it's not in the manga, Toriyama won't take it in consideration when creating new content, so it's not important even for the anime.
>>
>>150494736
But DBZ's exponential growth was it's answer to 1, 2, 3 and 4.
The distance between each unit was different, it doesn't make it non-linear.
>>
He dindu nuffin, but it was his actions to trigger all following ssjs. Without him there would be none so nah hes good. Make Vegeta great again was a meme
>>
>>150495344
Are you retarded?
>>
>>150495255
Gregory is in the Super anime, which is the source material. He wasn't in the original DB manga, he was a filler character. Explain that, you fuck.
>>
>>150495387
>waaah I can't grasp simple concepts

Give me the last (You), I'll take this post as your concession.
>>
>>150485893

Beerus ordered it didn't he? Seems if there was a bunch of yellow monkeys around it be bad so yeah Frieza did nothing wrong
>>
>>150495443
He doesn't talk and is there just for anime continuity's sake. He won't ever be plot relevant.
>>
>>150495344
>The distance between each unit was different, it doesn't make it non-linear.
That's literally going against what linear means.
>>
>characters get exponentially stronger as series progresses
>Master Roshi, who doesn't train, is equal in power to Gohan and Tien and Krillin and stronger than Yamcha in Super
???
>>
>>150489533
>Organ damage do stack up.
This

Remember that Goku literally fucking died from organ failure one time
>>
>>150495655
Have you ever considered that he's called MASTER Roshi for a reason
>>
>>150495655
They felt it was time for him to get some screentime, they just tried to ignore the fact he stopped doing anything since DB.

Don't bother, FnF no especially bullshit when it comes to powerlevels.
> Krilin suddenly scared of fighting weak asses even though he faced perfect Cell and Super Buu
>>
>>150495344
>The distance between each unit was different
1, 2, 4, 7, 11 is also exponential.
>>
>>150485893

There's not really much of an argument to be made about this though...

Beerus outright told him to destroy them. Think Frieza's gonna say no to a God?

Damn, I'm sure he even still wanted the saiyans. They were useful warriors, good for conquering planets and such.
>>
>>150495655
pretty sure he was always stronger than Tein and Yamcha, probably krillin too.
He doesn't fight because he is old as fuck and can't fight for long periods of time not because he is weak.
>>
>>150495655
Fucken turtle shells mang
>>
>>150495932
He was at 100 when the team was fighting Nappa. Yamcha was at like 1500-800.
>>
>>150494076
actually Goku had a powerlevel of about 450, he was suppressing it
>>
>>150495980
Was he at 100 when fully powered up?
>>
>>150495344
This is so stupid it hurts
>>
>>150496052
He gets like 2-3 times stronger. Nothing crazy.
>>
What was Nappa's powerlevel?
>>
>>150496053
As if DB powerlevels EVER made sense
>>
>>150495483
Yes, but stuff like that is why the "hurr durr not in manga not canon" stuff is rather tired and pointless.
>>
>>150496240
The point is this whole discussion started with where Saiyans got their technology. The non-canon stuff contradicts the canon, so Tuffles being in the anime doesn't matter.
>>
File: toriyama.jpg (28KB, 330x326px) Image search: [Google]
toriyama.jpg
28KB, 330x326px
>>150495655
According to Toriyama in Volume F, Master Roshi is “only that strong if he feels like it”.
>>
>>150496304
How do the Tuffles existing in the anime contradict anything?
>>
reading the dragon ball manga for the first time and wow it's a lot more perverted than the anime, Roshi and Bulma are freaks
>>
>>150496379
Thanks to Tuffles, the Saiyans already had advanced technology before Freeza arrived. This isn't the case in the manga.
>>
>>150496420
The anime is just as perverted, unless you mean Z.
>>
>>150496337
More like "if I feel like it".
>>
>>150496493
nah the manga has more pervert jokes
>>
>>150495344
https://www.reference.com/math/linear-sequences-5c3cf38bf17b9298
>Linear sequences are simple series of numbers that change by the same amount at each interval
>change by the same amount
>>
>>150496115
I think him going full power is much more than 3 times.
His normal fighting he was only just keeping up with kid goku, then goes max power and blows up the moon.
>>
>>150496449
where was it stated in the manga that saiyans weren't advanced when Frieza showed up
>>
>>150496928
He can't keep it for long anyway. It's mostly for big attacks. Maybe it was similar in strengh to the makankosappo (I doubt it though), but nothing more.
>>
>>150496979
I guess he's talking about that "recent" bonus chapter where Goku's backstory becomes a full ripoff of Superman's?
>>
>>150485893
>all the Saiyans
>all
Frieza was a fuck-up.
>>
>>150492446
See? Now you're getting it.
>>
File: yujiro laugh.jpg (14KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
yujiro laugh.jpg
14KB, 221x228px
>>150500365
KeK.
>>
>I'm a huge degenerate and have powered down version of the DBZ universe playing out in my head.
noone must know my secrects
>Liberal Crimesquad featuring Android 17&18
>Vegeta trying to prep Trunks to become ruler of earth
>the Wu Tang collection of Tien&Chiaotzu
>MrRoshi still training and guiding young up and comming kids.
>>
>>150496493
The anime is shit miguel now stfu.
You illiterate sperg
>>
>>150492492
Kid Vegeta would stomp Bardock's ass dry like he would go on to do with his son. Made the other child his errand boy.
>>
>>150499884
Found cooler
>>
>>150500777
>777
Good for you, God.
>>
Tao Pai Pai should be more popular in the west.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.